Managing a Brothel

I'm still a bit confused about how this works, though I've been tweaking around with it a bit; do customers show up wherever you set up the brothel (like at your Sims' house or at a community lot)? I plan on making a series with Sims 3 in the near future and want to make sure I get how to use it.

As much as I understand (I tried to make a brothel once) you first need to create the house. It can't be your own house (residential lot), or a community lot (parks, bars). You'll need to modify the map and create a new house, don't move in to that house that will be your brothel. Then you'll have to buy that lot.

lol after I started to write I found this link: http://onikikay-kinkyworld.wikia.com/wiki/Brothel_Management_step_by_step

Hope that helped :sweat_smile:

3 minutes ago, Caged_Fenrir said:

As much as I understand (I tried to make a brothel once) you first need to create the house. It can't be your own house (residential lot), or a community lot (parks, bars). You'll need to modify the map and create a new house, don't move in to that house that will be your brothel. Then you'll have to buy that lot.

lol after I started to write I found this link: http://onikikay-kinkyworld.wikia.com/wiki/Brothel_Management_step_by_step

Hope that helped :sweat_smile:

I think I get it; I need to purchase another house and make that one my brothel, correct?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm missing something because it won't let me hire whores or any staff for that matter. I bought a dance club and registered it as a brothel and some strip poles and what not... create a brothel picked the club as the workplace and then go to hire whores but none show in the list so i check bouncers and janitors and none in lust there either.

• 1 month later...

You have to go out and talk to a person. It helps if your charisma is high and you talk about brothel management or about the whores. Then you have to click on the person and go to brothel management and try to hire them. It doesn't spawn employees for you.

• 5 months later...

I haven't really worked on managing a brothel since the previous public version (build 362), I think. But, here are my experiences.

• In order to hire a sim as a whore, you need to build a good relationship with them. I am not positive if they have to have a woohoo skill of at least 1, but I think they do.
  • A whore needs to have woohoo skill, and the higher the skill, the better. You can train whores in woohoo skill with a specific interaction with them. Do this often. You don't woohoo with them, and the skill seems to keep increasing for a little while after you "train" them. The higher their skill, the more they earn per client.
  • If a whore is not doing anything "useful" to the business, you can also tell them to go solicit a random client.
  • As a whore's skills increase, they will start to demand more money. You can look at the whore's skill level, how much money they are earning, and how satisfied they are with their pay level from within the manage brothel tool. You can also adjust their pay there, and watch the satisfaction change immediately.
  • All money earned by the brothel goes into the brothel account, not into your household funds. You can move money between the brothel and your household from manage brothel > reports.
  • I was able to hire a bouncer and a janitor for my brothel. They both seemed to spend more time woohooing with prospective clients, which results in a satisfied client, but doesn't earn any income. The bouncer was useless. The janitor cleaned a dirty toilet once or twice. Right now, seems a waste of time and money.
  • You can register your home as a brothel. This does result in random sims showing up to your house and coming on it. You should probably have some locked doors to keep them out of any areas you don't want them in. Even if you don't mind them going there, you probably don't want them reading books in your library or playing games on your computer, so keep that in mind.
  • NPCs that show up will almost always accept a solicitation. "Real" sims have to be horny enough and/or have a high enough relationship with the "solicitor" to accept.
  • KW will push a mix of "real" sims and NPCs to visit the brothel, but they won't immediately show up right at opening time.
  • Make sure to set opening and closing hours for your brothel, if you don't intend for it to be open 24 hours a day, and make sure to schedule whores to be there whenever it is open.
  • You do not necessarily have to hire whores. Whichever sim in your household is the "owner" is able to solicit clients, too.
  • In the previous public build (362), household members other than the owner were not able to actually solicit clients
  • In the previous public build (362), I hired roommates (a la University) as whores, but they would never go to the brothel or work there.
  • KW will seriously interfere with a hired whore's ability to leave their home. Any time they are not scheduled for the brothel, it will cancel any action they have on a lot other than their home and send them home. This even happens to members of your household that are hired, so don't expect to have a career and work in the brothel. You can keep sending them back to work, but they will keep leaving early, and you can't stop that.

On 1/2/2019 at 5:10 PM, FreakyRufus said:

I haven't really worked on managing a brothel since the previous public version (build 362), I think. But, here are my experiences.

• In order to hire a sim as a whore, you need to build a good relationship with them. I am not positive if they have to have a woohoo skill of at least 1, but I think they do.
  • A whore needs to have woohoo skill, and the higher the skill, the better. You can train whores in woohoo skill with a specific interaction with them. Do this often. You don't woohoo with them, and the skill seems to keep increasing for a little while after you "train" them. The higher their skill, the more they earn per client.
  • If a whore is not doing anything "useful" to the business, you can also tell them to go solicit a random client.
  • As a whore's skills increase, they will start to demand more money. You can look at the whore's skill level, how much money they are earning, and how satisfied they are with their pay level from within the manage brothel tool. You can also adjust their pay there, and watch the satisfaction change immediately.
  • All money earned by the brothel goes into the brothel account, not into your household funds. You can move money between the brothel and your household from manage brothel > reports.
  • I was able to hire a bouncer and a janitor for my brothel. They both seemed to spend more time woohooing with prospective clients, which results in a satisfied client, but doesn't earn any income. The bouncer was useless. The janitor cleaned a dirty toilet once or twice. Right now, seems a waste of time and money.
  • You can register your home as a brothel. This does result in random sims showing up to your house and coming on it. You should probably have some locked doors to keep them out of any areas you don't want them in. Even if you don't mind them going there, you probably don't want them reading books in your library or playing games on your computer, so keep that in mind.
  • NPCs that show up will almost always accept a solicitation. "Real" sims have to be horny enough and/or have a high enough relationship with the "solicitor" to accept.
  • KW will push a mix of "real" sims and NPCs to visit the brothel, but they won't immediately show up right at opening time.
  • Make sure to set opening and closing hours for your brothel, if you don't intend for it to be open 24 hours a day, and make sure to schedule whores to be there whenever it is open.
  • You do not necessarily have to hire whores. Whichever sim in your household is the "owner" is able to solicit clients, too.
  • In the previous public build (362), household members other than the owner were not able to actually solicit clients
  • In the previous public build (362), I hired roommates (a la University) as whores, but they would never go to the brothel or work there.
  • KW will seriously interfere with a hired whore's ability to leave their home. Any time they are not scheduled for the brothel, it will cancel any action they have on a lot other than their home and send them home. This even happens to members of your household that are hired, so don't expect to have a career and work in the brothel. You can keep sending them back to work, but they will keep leaving early, and you can't stop that.

hmmmm the NPC's i've hired dont solict and the NPC who visit dont ask. do my whores have to be in my household? i cant even command them to go solict a random.

2 minutes ago, simsbrittani said:

hmmmm the NPC's i've hired dont solict and the NPC who visit dont ask. do my whores have to be in my household? i cant even command them to go solict a random.

No, they do not need to be in your household. When you click on a sim that you have hired for your brothel, there should be a menu called something like "Manage Brothel", and that should have items like: train woohoo, discuss work, tell to solicit customer, etc.

Have you assigned those hired sims shifts at the brothel?

3 minutes ago, FreakyRufus said:

No, they do not need to be in your household. When you click on a sim that you have hired for your brothel, there should be a menu called something like "Manage Brothel", and that should have items like: train woohoo, discuss work, tell to solicit customer, etc.

Have you assigned those hired sims shifts at the brothel?

they have shifts. i will play around with it some more.

but to be sure. i only need Oniki kay kinky mod (and the recommended mods on her page) for the brothel to work? no brothel mod?

• 2 months later...
On 3/23/2019 at 12:18 PM, isabellelee20 said:

I can't seem to be able to even create the brothel in the first place

• this is an feature in the Kinky World mod. I'm not sure offhand what version added this, but something relatively new is recommended (0.36 or later)
  • to create a brothel, use a computer or smartphone. Choosing this option makes your sim a brothel manager. After becoming a brothel manager, you can then:
    • designate various lots as brothels
    • hire other sims to work for your brothel business
    • assign hired sims to work on specific lots
    • schedule when the brothel on designated lots is "open"
    • and schedule when hired sims are supposed to work on open lots
    • assess workers, how much they are making, how happy they are, how much they are paid, skill levels, etc.
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

I haven't gotten around to looking at chairs or poles, but you do not need to mark beds for use. You just need them, and make sure there is enough room around them for sims to get in on both sides. I remember once I tried to make the rooms as small as possible to maximize the use of the space, and I thought there was enough room, but the sims couldn't get into the beds, so I had to make the rooms bigger.

I have just now checked out the beds, and I didn't do anything to them in my brothel, and the sims were able to use them (along with the couch, an arm chair, a coffee table, and the ground).

• 3 months later...

Hello, bumping up this thread as there's very few live discussions about brothel management. 

Does anyone know how to adjust the appearance level of NPCs that are hired as whores? There's is a value for appearance under employee profile but I haven't been able to make changes to it directly or by adjusting sims traits / clothing in CAS. The "set physical appearance" usually found under "kinky world..." menu is not there once hired as whores.

Any ideas? Thank you!

On 1/10/2023 at 9:51 AM, blanklist said:

The "set physical appearance" usually found under "kinky world..." menu is not there once hired as whores.

Huh. I did notice that recently, but didn't think much about it at the time. I don't know if it makes much of a difference, once a whore gets some level of experience. I have noticed that when you first hire them, especially if they have a low woohoo skill level, that they will often get rejected when they solicit. I do not know if having a higher appearance would make a difference to that.

However, once they have a higher skill level, they seem to be in great demand by the customers, no matter what their appearance value is. Well, I never really change that value, and it always seems to be "5" unless you change it. I do know that on my sims that I have increased it enough show that it shows up as "attractive", they seem to give nearby sims a good moodlet. Possibly making a sim have a low value would give sims a negative moodlet from being around an "ugly" sim?

On 1/10/2023 at 10:51 AM, blanklist said:

how to adjust the appearance level of NPCs

I've never seen that option on any npc. They need to have active/inactive status (playable).

On 1/14/2023 at 7:06 PM, FreakyRufus said:

increased it enough show that it shows up as "attractive"

I believe other traits can affect that as well. I've never checked which do or made a list but I can recall a '6' rating having a negative moodlet  of something like -10 because of making them a 6. I quit trying to make sense of the 'happiness' totals based on visible moodlets long ago.