What specifically do skeleton_female.nif and femalebody_x.nif change about the look of the player model?

ovman

I apologize if the question is worded poorly or if I am posting in the wrong spot.

I'm trying to verify if my understanding of these two files are correct:

The skeleton is a bunch of connected nodes that is used for animations and for placing specifics parts of the body onto. The body is the general size, shape, and look of the model.

Is there more to it than this? I am attempting to make a stuffing/inflation mod, so I'd like to greatly increase the max belly size without it looking janky, like it does when you go above 100% in bodyslide. What all would I need to modify to make this happen? Do I need to add more nodes to the skeleton, or is the existing belly node okay as is? Do I just need to edit the CBBE model files in a 3D modeling program to make the belly look how I want? Or both?

This isn't related to my original question, but I'd also like to be able to programmatically control how big the belly is. Based on how Devourment works though, I don't know if that's possible. It looks like Devourment just equips an external belly "item" or something. Is the weight variable the only way to dynamically change the player model in-game?

Sorry for the barrage of questions, any help or advice at all is appreciated. Thanks!

The body looking weird after going past a certain size isn't because of the skeleton it's because of the body mesh vertices the more vertices something has the better it scales the less they have the worse they look.

Take a vanilla armor their vertices are crap and when you scale them the outfit becomes a blocky bumpy jagged mess.

20 minutes ago, myuhinny said:

The body looking weird after going past a certain size isn't because of the skeleton it's because of the body mesh vertices the more vertices something has the better it scales the less they have the worse they look.

Take a vanilla armor their vertices are crap and when you scale them the outfit becomes a blocky bumpy jagged mess.

So I'd just need to edit the mesh in a 3D modeller to add more vertices? Or is there more to it than that?

I have never worked with body meshes but that would probably be what you would have to do to make the mesh work better it might also depend on if you are using HDT - PE - SMP.

PE and SMP if you are using both physics systems they both will be applying to that bone at once so it'll get pretty janky.

Archived