Omega Quintet nude mod request

I don't think its been mentioned yet so I'll be the first to do it. The game Omega Quintet just dropped and has a similar costume break system to valkyrie drive and senran kagura, this post is just to inquire as to whether or not there are any interests in creating a nude mod for this game. I assume it'll happen eventually but I just wanted to get the topic started ;P *Hides in a dark corner*

Started working on it let me see what I can do.

Progress . . .

• Extract .bra files - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - DONE!
  • Check texture files - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - DONE!
  • Check if the game need files compressed in .bra archives - - - - - - - - - - -  DONE! 
  • Check game model and see if there is a nude model of each character - - - Unsure.
  • Repack .bra files with modded texture/model - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Not working!

Results . . .

• .bra files extracted just fine no problems. OK!
  • Clothing and skin textures are compressed in .cl3 files, Found a working tool for unpacking and repacking.
  • Game working with uncompressed files? !!GAME NEEDS .bra files to run!! unless someone can bypass the .bra file check
  • Character Models and every other model is .ism2 file format which I don't know any useful tool to view. Being able to view would make the modding process easier. There are various different model files for everything cloth related so there might be a way to do so with some hex editing skill.
  • Tested with default character face in HUD. After repacking the game keeps hanging forever when the image is supposed to show up.

So that's is as far as I go boys. Gonna leave the tools here for those more experienced.

Tools

QuickBMS → Quickbms.rar for unpacking/repacking .bra files

Unpacking :

1. Open quickbms.exe
  2. Script selection screen - Go to your quickbms folder and select Bra Files extract.bms
  3. File selection screen - Select the .bra file you whish to unpack
  4. Select the output folder for the extracted files

Repacking :

1. Open reimport.bat
  2. Select the script you used to unpack
  3. Select the file you unpacked before
  4. Select the folder with modded files

Important Notes:

• Before repacking be sure to remove all unmodded files from the folder and leave only the files you actually modded
    IE: I modded only 0007.dds from 2D/FACE folder and I only want this file to be repacked so I must only leave that one file in the folder and remove all else.
  • When repacking you must select the Folder with the modded files.
    IE: My modded file is in the following path Modded/2D/Face/0007.dds so on the step 4 of repacking I must select "Modded"
  • You must keep the file/folder names as is.

Neptools → neptools-master.rar for unpacking/repacking .cl3 files

As the name suggests it's a tool originally made for Neptune games and since this games uses the same engine it also works on it.
How to use:

Unpacking - Simply drag'n'drop

.cl3 files on cl3-tool.exe to unpack

repacking - Simply dag'n'drop the folder with modded files on cl3-tool.exe to repack

Some questions to help regarding a possible Model Swap or trying to make the clothing invisible.

• Does any character have a nude model? Appears in Bath scenes cloth breaking state and so on.

Game Info :

Game utilizes same engine as Hyperdimensional Neptunia

Additional info regarding Tokyo Xanadu eX

Tokyo Xanadu eX also uses .bra file compression which I could extract just fine but all files inside are .pkg files. If you know of any tool that can work for unpacking/packing these files let me know !PM! test the tool with the files below
IE FILES: I_CHR_000.pkg  I_CHR_001.pkg 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

As far as I know, I played with cheat engine to test stuff.

The game doesn't let you take their socks off, but with Cheat engine magic, it is possible. However, if you try to do that with their underwear, the character model just disappears, except the hair and weapons.

Which leads me to think that there is no nude model.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I'm stuck. The "how to use" had confusing wording and when I strictly followed it all I got was the command prompt opening and closing. So what I did was:

-Unzip every zip file I could find(omega quintet mod.zip and bra_tool_20180710.zip)

-Moved Game2 folder into bra_tool_20180710 folder

-Copied and pasted the Game2.bra from game file into bra_tool_20180710 folder

-Used extract_bra.exe on Game2.bra to generate 3D folder

-Pasted the 3D folder inside the Game2 folder to overwrite the 3D folder that was generated

This is where I think I have the problem:

-Used replace_bra.exe on the 3D folder... command prompt opened and closed instantly... no new file generated

-Put 3D inside a folder named Game2 and used replace_bra.exe on it... same thing... no new file

Can I get a little help here?

It will be fine if you do the following.

- Copy Game2.bra from game folder to the location of "how to use.txt".

- Extract bra_tool_20180710.7z and copy * .EXE and * .DLL to the location of "how to use.txt".

- Download replace.bat above and copy it to the location of "how to use.txt".

- Then run replace.bat.

- Since Game2.NEW.bra is created after executing the batch file, rename it to Game2.bra and overwrite it to the game folder.

14 hours ago, nepfunboy321 said:

I am sorry because my English is not good.
Please put this file in this state and execute it.

replace.bat

9 hours ago, pop_pop_pop said:

It will be fine if you do the following.

- Copy Game2.bra from game folder to the location of "how to use.txt".

- Extract bra_tool_20180710.7z and copy * .EXE and * .DLL to the location of "how to use.txt".

- Download replace.bat above and copy it to the location of "how to use.txt".

- Then run replace.bat.

- Since Game2.NEW.bra is created after executing the batch file, rename it to Game2.bra and overwrite it to the game folder.

This is the first that I've heard of the replace.bat. I blame my failure on that! Joking aside, thanks for the help. In your instructions I had assumed that the replace_bra was what had to execute. Also this is the first time I've seen the replace.bat and it wasn't in the mod folder so I guessed it was the replace_bra. And thanks to the mod author who had the know how to put this together.

On 8/27/2018 at 6:56 PM, pop_pop_pop said:

I think that you can leave clothes completely destroyed in battle.

Or try the patch below.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/u5bj1ubwja65asd/oq_verse_maiden_outfits_invisible_patch_20180824.7z

Since the changed files are created in the MODIFIED folder after executing the batch file, copy them to the nude mod's Game2 folder.

Thank you! But can you please provide explicit instructions? I am a total noob who dont understand how to apply it :/

14 hours ago, tigers said:

Thank you! But can you please provide explicit instructions? I am a total noob who dont understand how to apply it :/

Seems like the patch above requires additional exes, which are not provided with the patch file -- it might be easier if somebody creates a combined version with the nude patch.

2 hours ago, pop_pop_pop said:

After executing 1 to 4 written in README.txt, you just copy the files in the MODIFIED folder to the nude mod.

There are other patches to remove skirts and pants, so the exe files are not bundled.

If you are interested, try searching at deviantART.

Oh, I get it now. I got it working. Thanks :)

tigers, all you got to do is to download exe files as noted in the readme, unzip the package and downloaded exe files to wherever the nude-patch enabled game2.bra is, run the apply_patch.bat, then repack.bat. Don't forget to rename the new bra file.

13 hours ago, lestilon said:

Oh, I get it now. I got it working. Thanks :)

tigers, all you got to do is to download exe files as noted in the readme, unzip the package and downloaded exe files to wherever the nude-patch enabled game2.bra is, run the apply_patch.bat, then repack.bat. Don't forget to rename the new bra file.

Did all of this, and now when i load game, the game crashes :/

i dont know what is going on, i copied the extracted dll and exe files from bra_tool and cl3_tool , put it in the apply patch.bat folder, did the same with the contents of BSDIFF_WIN_EXE.ZIP , copied over my nude modded game2.bra in the folder. Then i ran apply patch .bat and then repack. bat. Then replaced the new game2.bra file that was created with my own nude modded one in the game folder, and now it crashes :(

This is how I got both nude patch + above invisible clothing patch working:

I started with unmodified original game2.bra

Under game2 folder, ensure only the contents of nude patch are in there

run the replace.bat

Rename original game2.bra as a backup, and name the NEW one into game2.bra

Unzip contents of invisible clothing patch to the same folder where everything else is in

Run the apply_patch.bat

Run the repack.bat

Rename the resulting NEW one into game2.bra

You're done!