Updated 4/17/2020!

Full Features Require Conclave DLC

Reduced Features Without Conclave!

Also edits the games default council law file and succession file

What It Does:

1.     Adds diapers to Ck2
  2.     Laws that determine who has to wear them
  3.     Also adds loss of continence and its gain
  4.     Power Laws will drastically change who has power (setting it to women will force all titles in the realm into enatic succession (only women can inherit) for example)
  5.     those who can no longer have power, and have to wear diapers get the baby trait. They can not inherit, or hold titles, and will abdicate to the first valid heir of their dynasty, or if they have no valid children, then their spouse takes the title {lowborn characters will become part of the babies dynasty)
  6.     If the law says someones sex is not in power, but should not wear diapers, they get the naked trait (so that they function as if they had the baby trait)
  7.     The revolt modifiers will add constant problems
  8.     The ai gets in on the fun, sometimes, they (and you) can avoid the diaper laws permanently (for now)
  9.     be careful, as setting the power law to the opposite sex can cause you to lose the game
  10. New end state laws can change the entire way the game is played

Right now its still just a fetish mod but it does a bit of stuff, and allows greater control of the realm.

probably the biggest question: WHY? simple, got bored, started adding this to CK, and next thing I know it went from something for my amusement, to having way more work done than it really needed to. SO I thought I would upload it.

Known Bugs/issues:

• If you are NOT a kingdom (petty kingdom. chiefdom) and select the matriarchy power law. the game WILL CRASH if you select the religions tab AFTER selecting an end state law. I have no idea how to fix this, but will work on it. Everything seems to work fine under any other circumstance.
  • AI will still try and change council power laws even after you select the harem end state law. just accept their demands and wait a second, and the council laws will be set appropriately.

Next Update Plans:

1.   Finish up the features for the new end state laws (main focus)
  2.  Touch factions
  3. add more decisions
  4. Try and find some way to get buildings working

Future Plans:

1. add events and popups to bring the diapered world alive
  2. add decision that can have some effect on the realm (like laws, but not so the law page is not flooded)
  3. maybe a starting quest that causes the whole diaper thing to happen

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I really enjoy this mod and hope you will consider an update at some point (looks kind of abandoned right now). This mod still works with the latest patch, Holy Fury. If you ever consider re-visiting this mod one change I would like to see is for sex laws to not get permanently locked. I understand why the realm law locks, and agree. It would be nice if characters who were turned into babies (or naked) and manage to escape or get moved to a kingdom where their sex isn't disenfranchised could over time lose the baby/naked trait and become normal again (they are in a land with different laws after all).

One thing I particularly was amused by is the way rebelling factions will don pull-ups in an attempt to regain continence as they fight to overthrown the diaper tyranny of their king/queen. But this made me think that children who are born into realms where their sex is required to wear diapers would never be potty trained at all, and should probably be born into the world with the full incontinence trait, and it should be permanent if they grow to adulthood wearing diapers (no pull-ups even if they are later part of a rebelling faction, there's no way they'd be able to potty-train after being raised their whole lives in diapers).

Overall this is a fun mod, and while the audience is admittedly a niche one, I would recommend this to anyone wanting to add kink to their CK2 game.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2018 at 9:44 PM, namor360 said:

I really enjoy this mod and hope you will consider an update at some point (looks kind of abandoned right now). This mod still works with the latest patch, Holy Fury. If you ever consider re-visiting this mod one change I would like to see is for sex laws to not get permanently locked. I understand why the realm law locks, and agree. It would be nice if characters who were turned into babies (or naked) and manage to escape or get moved to a kingdom where their sex isn't disenfranchised could over time lose the baby/naked trait and become normal again (they are in a land with different laws after all).

One thing I particularly was amused by is the way rebelling factions will don pull-ups in an attempt to regain continence as they fight to overthrown the diaper tyranny of their king/queen. But this made me think that children who are born into realms where their sex is required to wear diapers would never be potty trained at all, and should probably be born into the world with the full incontinence trait, and it should be permanent if they grow to adulthood wearing diapers (no pull-ups even if they are later part of a rebelling faction, there's no way they'd be able to potty-train after being raised their whole lives in diapers).

Overall this is a fun mod, and while the audience is admittedly a niche one, I would recommend this to anyone wanting to add kink to their CK2 game.

Sounds like its fun. But I can't seem to get it to work.

17 hours ago, Cheeks863 said:

Sounds like its fun. But I can't seem to get it to work.

I just extracted it into the mod folder the way you normally install downloaded mods. I also started a new game. I've also successfully made some tweaks to the mod that seemed to work (altering which laws ai rulers select for their kingdoms). Not sure why it isn't working for you.

On 1/3/2019 at 9:33 PM, namor360 said:

I just extracted it into the mod folder the way you normally install downloaded mods. I also started a new game. I've also successfully made some tweaks to the mod that seemed to work (altering which laws ai rulers select for their kingdoms). Not sure why it isn't working for you.

Oh I got it working now and love it so far. Also made a few tweaks myself so I could change the sex and power laws around. Used that and did a little role play where I played a multi generational conspiracy to turn the kingdom into a matriarchy by changing the laws over time to disinherit males and make sure only they wear diapers. Was pretty fun did it in about 230 years or so. Funny enough the character who put in the law to disinherit male characters was a male character himself who I guess was brainwashed by his mom (They had become close and he was her steward before she died I believe and wore before I even got the Realm policy put in so it kinda makes sense). Got the whole realm wears diaper laws in his moms reign and then when she died and he inherited the throne, had him purposefully remove all male council members/commanders/title holders and change the power law to women. power then transferred to his sister who changed the sex laws from both (Have to get everyone used to diapers first) to male only, successfully beginning the Matriarchy. He became close friends with his sister like a month after (Awesome coincidence that would be realistic tbh), and just pretended he was some great martyr for the secret matriarchs since he gave up his own power to usher in the matriarchy and bring in an era of peace and prosperity under the watchful eye of women, the superior gender (after my descendants conquer a bunch of the surrounding kingdoms and form a new empire). 

Was honestly really cool because I started as Illmenia and had to struggle to get women on the throne with the elective gravelkind, made it feel like I was actually struggling across generations in order to achieve the goal. Going to look for some other mods so I can prevent men from being illegible for commander and council positions. All in all probably one of my best CK2 playthroughs so far. Even better was multiple women who ascended to throne were homosexuals, I didn't intend for that to happen just did.

Though I don't know how I feel about the opinion modifiers for diaper vs non diaper and baby and stuff as I think its getting in the way of making offspring, the last few rulers didnt have very many kids, worse was most were males so the throne is jumping around cousins and aunts and sisters now. Dynamic but not very good for stability (So far its been even lass stable than when it was only males who ruled, go figure). I haven had any characters with the royal baby, pull ups, naked, or any of the other traits, just baby and in diapers so far. So I dont know if those will affect it or not. Its weird having a husband who has a 100 opinion of you but you have a -100 opinion of him in all cases. I kind of want to look into how to make events and ambitions. Cause I got the idea for one, since you can assume that the queen would basically be the caretaker for her husband and sons, so maybe there could be an event where the queen decides if she wants to embrace her role as caretaker or shun it and neglect caring for her padded family. This would result in either her getting a trait that counteracts the negative opinion modifier and gives her maybe an extra point towards stewardship and a boost to fertility (being the caretaker has advantages) or reject and get a trait that doubles down on the negative option and gives traits to her son and husband that negate their positive opinion modifier and a debuff to their stats (less health, less diplomacy cause theyre not getting their diapers changed). and maybe turn the queen homosexual, would need to think of a way the player benefits though cause I dont anyone would choose the neglect option at that point. Would also be cool if that could make an event happen for her daughters where they decide on whether to also neglect or pick up your slack, giving them the appropriate modifiers. Maybe even an ambition to make the matriarchy happen to, would be a bit of work but could be fun and would also make this mod more interesting.

But for real what if with the opinion modifiers? Also interested to your tweaks to the mod btw.

The opinion modifiers are silly, and one of the first things I tweaked. For what it's worth, I do not think the mod creator fully understood the scope of opinion on ai behavior. I think he was going for "diapered people won't be listened to or taken seriously" but in game terms what he did results in them being loathed.

1 minute ago, namor360 said:

The opinion modifiers are silly, and one of the first things I tweaked. For what it's worth, I do not think the mod creator fully understood the scope of opinion on ai behavior. I think he was going for "diapered people won't be listened to or taken seriously" but in game terms what he did results in them being loathed.

Yeah. Also what do you think of the ideas i put forward? Might be worth it.

But in reply I think thats what he wanted too. Of course itd make sense based on the traits of other characters and not flat across the board. What it should is something more akin to

Diapers vs not in diapers: minor negative modifier (jealousy?)
Caretaker vs In diapers: moderate Postive opinion boost that reciprocates
Disgusted by diaper vs In diapers: moderate or huge negative opinion modifier 
Diaper fetishist vs In diapers: huge positive opinion boost, maybe a fertility boost

Also its weird theres a learning boost for in diapers, youd think itd be maybe a stewradship boost (less time going to bathroom means more time to deal with politics) and then a diplomacy and martial/personal combat debuff.
Whereas Id think not in diapers would be a diplomacy buff and then pullups would be a slightly less negative version of in diapers.

I threw in those extra cause this mod has a real potential to make some dynamic playthroughs, which is what makes CK2 fun in the first place. Shame this mod is seemingly abandoned. But its out there and his coding work is easily editable so it can be added too. NOT saying we steal it and repost it, thats scummy but. Hopefully he comes back.

All of the opinion modifiers are based on opposites. There's a hidden trait that gets applied to non-wearers that holds their opinion factors. What I did was apply a modest general opinion hit to all the diapered traits, left people in diapers with a negative opposite opinion to those not in diapers (but it's very small) to represent their resentment at being infantalized, as well as a reasonable opinion boost towards other wearers. I reduced the opposing opinion hit from not in diapers towards everything else to something very slight, they'd mostly be disgusted (those not turned on) but this is offset by being happy that a potential competitor has been infantalized and is not a threat.

All the +100/-100/+50 stuff is gone. That was game-breaking. -100 is a rivalry and a lover is only +40. Being in diapers or not doesn't rise to that level.

Also I didn't care for the whole diaper power law feature so I nerfed ai decision making so they will always choose "none". In particular I found that due to lack of sufficient procedurally generated female characters, any kingdom that selected female for that law would wind up with every title bouncing around between 6 year old girls which is dumb. That renders the whole diaper thing more of a flavor feature for my amusement rather than the power shift the author intended (but as I said, and you have discovered yourself, it doesn't work out particularly well as the game is built around male rulers with females as back-up and isn't designed for full enatic). Even in muslim realms where the rulers produce ridiculous levels of off-spring I often see that they wind up with perpetual 6 year old rulers. 

Yeah I went in and changed that so it isnt all that game breaking either. Nerfed the buffs and debuffs across the board. Also made the baby trait a bigger debuff and the diapered traits a gradually increasing debuff. Feels better that way, also since prisoners get diapered its a slight boon to preventing a vassal from getting too uppity. Risk s still there the debuff only goes up to -3 in dip and martial.

Now to figure out how to make traits and events.

One thing I forgot to mention that I changed. I felt that diapers/baby etc. was better represented by a hit (major one) to ai ambition and ai rationality rather than huge negative opinion modifiers. That might help mitigate infantalized people from seeking council positions or wanting claims pressed better than just making everyone hate them. 

• 3 weeks later...

So, first of all, yeah this mod is kind of dead right now... I have been thinking of getting back to working on it, but I just haven't felt like playing CK2 in a long while (also had no idea anyone like the thing). I had noticed some of the problems being mentioned, but I have not gotten around to fixing them. I also straight up didn't notice a few problems, okay maybe more than a few.

So, thank you for the feed back, I can't guarantee that I'll get back to working on the mod, but I do have a better idea not only what to fix, but what I should be doing to improve it (this is literally my first mod, and it also started off as just a fun side project, so I had no real plans for its development besides a few random things).

I already had a bit more work done than what is uploaded here, and will get that finished (if I ever do) before I go back and really start fixing this thing up. That said, I will look into the opinions and other problems for the next update (had no idea of the effects of opinions, but had planed on toning it down) but the next updates' main features will hopefully be new casus belli so you can make your neighbors into what ever you want (or they can do unto you) as well as making the full council laws do something. Also factions.

Again, Thank you for the feed back. I can't promise I will make a new update, but I will promise to at least try and work on it. First thing is to start making an actual plan of what I should do with this thing. Might even just scope down to fix things then do stuff...

Great to here from you! Glad you're still working on it a little. Specifically what are you looking at fixing right now? Also

"..new casus belli so you can make your neighbors into what ever you want (or they can do unto you) as well as making the full council laws do something. Also factions."

Can you expand what you mean by that? 

Yeah, wrote that last post a bit quickly. Was kinda floored that people actually cared about the mod (hadn't checked back in a long while, gonna start doing that more)

The sex and power laws are locked in to add a sense of permanence to them, but I figured there should be a way to change them. So the casus belli will allow you (or your neighbors) to change those laws (and possibly their diaper laws) but at a cost. and factions will be a way for players to enjoy the mod while playing a duke (maybe lower), of course while (once implemented) getting the council laws full is one way, you may however wish to tailor the sex and power laws, and factions will be that way.

Also, now that I have had time to think, if some of the people above who have made changes to their own version/know how to mod CK2, that would like to help out, that would be great. I'll probably make a special thanks/contributors list that is either just the lovers lab name, or also include what you contributed (however you like) or what ever is appropriate. I say this mostly because I did not delve super far into CK2 modding in making this mod and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Been kind of sick this week, so it may not be till next week that I get around to modding again, but I am first going to make a serious design document so I have a better idea of what I'm doing. The next update shouldn't take too long (I only made a few small changes, and casus belli's will probably wait till after that), mainly what I want to do is go back and clean up the opinion problem and start fresh, on a clean slate, to continue forward with.

I'm not a coder myself, I played around with your code, but would have no idea how to add new functionality without having an already existing mod doing something similar to look at.

The big thing I'd want to see in a possible update is the ability for councilors to propose these laws to the liege. Currently the cooldown on crown law changes and inability for the council to push for these laws make it a bit boring to wait it out. 

Currently councilors also have no weight to the laws when they are proposed, they're neutral on everything. I'd like to see it where councilors who aren't currently diapered at their rank would oppose changing the law up to include them, but councilors who are already diapered would want every rank above them diapered. 

Once the law is one step down from max, the whole council should be pushing for the max level law (against the liege). Ideally they should be able to spend favors on the liege to force these votes, and it would override the crown law cooldown if it's a councilor initiating it. Don't know if that's possible or not, but would be neat.

On 2/5/2019 at 2:18 PM, namor360 said:

I'm not a coder myself, I played around with your code, but would have no idea how to add new functionality without having an already existing mod doing something similar to look at.

The big thing I'd want to see in a possible update is the ability for councilors to propose these laws to the liege. Currently the cooldown on crown law changes and inability for the council to push for these laws make it a bit boring to wait it out. 

Currently councilors also have no weight to the laws when they are proposed, they're neutral on everything. I'd like to see it where councilors who aren't currently diapered at their rank would oppose changing the law up to include them, but councilors who are already diapered would want every rank above them diapered. 

Once the law is one step down from max, the whole council should be pushing for the max level law (against the liege). Ideally they should be able to spend favors on the liege to force these votes, and it would override the crown law cooldown if it's a councilor initiating it. Don't know if that's possible or not, but would be neat.

That does sound like something I hope I can make happen, though instead of pushing for the max level, they will be pushing the council laws to de-power the ruler (as once fully implemented the council laws will lock the diaper laws at high (count level), and force the ruler and their family to the nursery). The idea that I have right now is that this should be an all out brawl for control, with either the ruler or the dukes winning (if no dukes in realm... still thinking on that one). the max diaper law will literally be the rulers way of ending it forever, baring outside interference. While the next law down offers the most benefits, but the council can still reverse it and try to win. Thats the current idea I have, and I may need to make adjustments as I go.

In fact I kinda decided that after I finish this next update, I was going to finish the base part of the mod before adding anything new. Mainly AI stuff, but also get the core mod polished up in general.

As far as the next update, its almost finished, I am just having a couple of issues left (trying to get the royal baby trait to work has proven difficult) I will hopefully have it done this weekend and have it up. After that, I am going to try and be on here more to get any feedback anyone has on the mod so I can get the core game play down quickly.

5 hours ago, namor360 said:

So you get a game over if they win? Do keep playability in mind. Game overs don't add much play value. 

no, not game overs, I just phrased it wrong, sorry. It took me a moment to realize what you meant, and yes the laws can be locked permanently (maybe not the council laws), however, they will never prevent you from playing the normal CK2.

In other words, if your playing a duke and the ruler gets the max diaper law and locks the kingdoms laws, you can still: try and get one of your dynasty on the throne (it would be tricky, but enough murder can solve a surprising number of problems), once CBs are in then it might be possible to entice a war with a neighboring kingdom that has max council laws to attack to reverse your fortunes, form an independence faction (may change this option, may not), or find a way to get your main title inherited into another realm with better laws. I may even add some new options as well once the mods closer to completion.

If playing a ruler and the council has gotten full council authority, your options are: currently just get the council laws down one level leaving you one diaper law to get to completely reverse the problem (might change that down the road) with a second to nullify it, entice a war and lose to change the laws, I will also come back to this once the mod is closer to completion (or sooner if need be) and try and think of other ways to do this. One idea I have currently, is to make it so that if you remove all dukes from the ream (no one holds duke or higher but you) then you can re-claim authority.

but no, just because its going to be a brawl doesn't mean the other side can't lick its wounds and try again. So, sorry if I gave the wrong impression (but also thank you for mentioning it because I hadn't thought about that very much yet, and might have forgotten it later on)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...