[mod] [CK2] DiaperLaw

Just a heads up for everyone. I just found out the hard way that if you lead a faction to overthrow a ruler and you win, since that kind of faction sets the council authority to full and the succession to elective, it also sets the diaper laws to middle and makes you a royal baby.

Which is funny, and caught me by surprise. I'm definitely not complaining, but a fair warning to all.

On 3/15/2019 at 2:20 PM, namor360 said:

Just a heads up for everyone. I just found out the hard way that if you lead a faction to overthrow a ruler and you win, since that kind of faction sets the council authority to full and the succession to elective, it also sets the diaper laws to middle and makes you a royal baby.

Which is funny, and caught me by surprise. I'm definitely not complaining, but a fair warning to all.

Oh! I didn't consider that case. I will try and fix that in the next update

On 3/14/2019 at 11:24 PM, Cheeks863 said:

It seems to work out. changes arent too noticable. Any update on your progress?

Yeah, changes will be bigger with the next update, I was only cleaning the slate from previous work before starting the next stuff. As for progress, I have been taking some time to think about and consider my next moves carefully. But work has now begun (will be slow, but I'll post update replies every now and again). So far, I have begun an ambitious AI re-working. It will probably be bare-bones in the next update, but it will allow me to make the core mod actually work. its just started though, but the outline is there.

This is what I am thinking so far:

The main thing will be Willpower, there are five stages right now, from very strong willed to very weak. The idea here is, strong willed characters will be able to use interactions to mentally (or physically) break someone down. this will allow them to control the other to some degree. Such as gaining favors for free, or trying to get others to your cause, and maybe even cause mischief with factions (such as joining a faction, only to abandon it as soon as the conflict starts). Going to also see if I can make this feature affect war scores.

Another part of this will be women/men worshipers, and dominated by women/men. This will determine how an AI will vote for laws (whether men or women should have power mostly). however, once a power law has been chosen, everyone of the not in power sex will eventually get the dominated by men/women trait. this will stay with them even if they move to another kingdom with different power laws (allowing you and AI's  to use them as spies/instigators). There is also man/woman haters for more mischief.

Character decisions will be added to feel out how an AI is (this will depend on your intrigue or your spymasters). You should also be able to use guardian positions to influence a child's development. Your going to want your guardians to be controlled by you or loyal to you or your cause, otherwise you might be in for a bad time.

That's kind of the basics of what I have, it will hopefully develop into something great. Should add more use to spymasters and chancellors, and increase the plotting. Oh, and the AI traits are going to be invisible (will try and add in a way for you and ai's to keep track of their findings). Will probably add heresy religions later on (or maybe even this update) that will decide an AI's decisions on not just power laws, but also who should wear diapers, and even on what diaper law is preferred (making it preferable to have a lower diaper law than Grand or Realm)

Let me know what you all think, as I am still early on enough to make changes easily.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Progress update: Finally back to working on the mod! Sorry I've been gone, but life happened and I wasn't able to work on it, and kind of forgot about it again, but progress is being made. For now, its going to be slow, as I don't have a lot of time to dedicate to modding.

As far as work done, I have begun making it so the AI's get traits that will determine how they will vote on laws (right now trait assignment is random and invisible, but in the future there will be factors that decided it and ways to find out how an AI will vote) So far all I have is trait assignment, and the ability for AI rulers to choose a law. I am having some trouble with getting it to work as laws are being buggy for me. After I get law voting down, the next thing this update gets (probably) will be some basic reasons why you want to choose the different end states, and get the AI to also pursue an end state that benefits them.

For now willpower is scoped out of this update as I focus on the fundamental AI parts that will directly make the mod work/play better (and to release sooner). But, it should hopefully allow you and other AI's to "convince" another to do... anything I am able to let you make them do. Until I get into putting this feature in, it is hard to say exactly what I can and can't do, but forcing favors should be the minimum.

Hopefully I can get this next update out soon-ish. I am going to aim for August, it will probably be sooner, but I want to avoid pushing the date back. I'll try and get another progress post up by early-mid July.

Thank you for being patient.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Sorry its been awhile. I have gotten some work done though. Mostly I have done testing and tweaking and made some changes to how the mod will work going forward.

Firstly, AI voting for laws works, but is still a bit unfinished (its mostly there, but there is some planing to do before I move forward).

Which brings me to some of the changes:

• Power laws are now chosen after sex laws, and must be chosen before any diaper law can be selected (complete)
  • Both power and sex laws will take effect or become ineffective based on the diaper law (complete)
  • AI traits that change what laws they want (complete for now, but may be worked on more in the future)
  • Provinces will no longer get different peasant unrest modifiers based on the diaper law, and will instead require nursery buildings be built to quell the peasants (in progress)

The first three will influence what happens based on what sex and power laws you choose. For instance, if you select sex and power laws that diaper the opposite sex, but puts them in power, it will give your ruler power over them, and eventually options to expel others of your sex until you rule over your own harem. Or, you can select to diaper your same sex, and put them in power, and have fun options there. You can also just diaper and remove power from the opposite sex. But for real fun, diaper one sex, but make power equal (gonna have to make some fun things happen for that combination). This is to make there be an actual reason to choose between the high diaper law, and the realm law and even change who is going to fight you and how they are going to fight.

For now, I am going to work on getting just the basic law voting system finished and working working, and a rough bit on effects that should happen with different law combinations. Then add in some factions to make it interesting, and release an update hopefully before next year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I got Crusader Kings 2 because of this mod.  Being free over Steam now helped, admittedly.  I'm still going through the tutorial, but I'm stoked to try this mod and can't wait for your ideas!

Addendum: These are crown laws, which can be changed only once in fifty years?  Is this meant to be an extremely long term thing, or are cheats necessary to get things going?

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got back to modding again! Moving out, and some drama made finding time to mod difficult, but I should be able to get the next update releasable by either the end of the year or January.

Current status is... Polish and testing. Lots and lost of testing. Most of what I have planned is done, but I decided that moving forward, it would be better to make a major change to the mod (don't worry, I'm only implementing it for now, and a good chunk of the work is already done for the update)

Below is only the future of these changes, not necessarily what will be in the next update!

The idea I had  of trying to make the game a decision of whether to stay on the high diaper law, or go to the realm law is gone. In its place are end state laws. These laws permanently affect the realm. (it will be possible to overturn them, but it wont be easy, and impossible after a certain point) This will allow you (hopefully you) to decide how society looks once the realm phase ends. This gives you more control over the effects this mod has on the game (and will be really easy to make game rules to apply them right away, if you don't want to bother with all the laws and other stuff I'm doing with the mod)

The options will be:

• Realm: its mostly the old realm law, its the most neutral of the end states
  • Harem Hetero: the ruler and their family are the only ones of their sex in the realm to hold major titles, the opposite sex can only inherit titles at duchy or lower. Children are given the dynasty of the same sexed parent (the rulers dynasty gets an entire realm as its harem (I will try to avoid incest situations in the main branch mod as mush as I can)
  • Harem Homo: Same as above, but all titles are of the same sex, and the harem is all the same sex. The opposite sex exists for breeding purposes (unless I find a way around that)
  • Reverse Harem Hetero/Homo: Two laws, like above, except the ruler's family is used by the nobles (this is replacing the council laws being full causing royal baby, and it can only be chosen if the council laws are full)
  • Mono (hetero and homo options): The only title holders are the in power sex, and the opposite sex get their dynasties removed. In the hetero, the in power sex is using the non in power sex as a harem, while in the homo version, the out of power sex is just there for breeding (again, unless I find away around that)
  • Diapered (only the diapered have rights, or only the non diapered have rights): this options is available for places that have equal power, but have one sex in diapers. the out of rights sex can still hold titles, but they get little to no rights (i.e. dark world stuff, and other "fun")
  • Object Royalty: its the same as the reverse harem laws, except its meant for places with equal power laws.

I think this covers all law combos, let me know if you think I missed something, or have any ideas. I will probably add others in the future as well

There is also a phase "system" idea I have been trying to mold the mod into (it will be a soft transition system, as there will be no on/off sitches, so stuff should shift gradually into the next phase)

The phases are as follows:

• Power and sex battle: this will mostly affect the ai in the early game, but lands with high council laws will get the player more invested into this phase. Factions form to get the power and sex law they want
  • Diaper Law battle: the ai will either try to stop the diaper laws or move them forward depending on their wants. should be lots of factions and in fighting
  • Realm Phase: This phase is where the end state gets chosen. Between the time the ruler or the council select the end state lords are going to try and break free of the realm, or try and become the ruling family.
  • World Phase: At some point during the diaper law battle phase, wars to change a neighbors sex and/or power laws will break out. This will ramp up when the realm phase starts, and will be in full swing when the end state laws gets chosen.
  • "Regular Game" Phase: The World phase concludes once every nation follows the same end law (I'll do what I can to help make it happen at a reasonable pace) the game now goes back to "normal" and the conflict portion of this mod is complete

The eventual game rules will allow you to skip to the "regular game" portion (maybe even the world phase) if you don't want the rest of what I am doing.

On 11/29/2019 at 12:00 PM, SSJ5Cloufiroth said:

I got Crusader Kings 2 because of this mod.  Being free over Steam now helped, admittedly.  I'm still going through the tutorial, but I'm stoked to try this mod and can't wait for your ideas!

Addendum: These are crown laws, which can be changed only once in fifty years?  Is this meant to be an extremely long term thing, or are cheats necessary to get things going?

I had noticed this while testing (don't know how I missed it before *cough* that's what I get for only testing with cheats *cough*). I am currently not sure what pace I want to make it, but that is too long for what I have planned. If I can make a game rule for the next update I will, or if I can add a bonus or something to the laws to speed it up that would be better. I am thinking that the above phases should reach the world phase within a hundred years or two or three, on average, maybe even only fifty years. It should be lengthy, but not super long.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Progress is still sporadic, but work is getting done. One of the major reasons this is taking so long is that I realized to make the end state laws operate correctly I was going to have to add religions in now. I took it slow and made sure to think about each step, in an effort to keep it simple. The end result is the same level of customization as ten laws from just four (realm, harem, reverse harem, and mono). This will require that I make a decision to force the player and AI rulers to select their succession gender early, however, it gets things working smoother and easier.

After assessing what I have, vs what I need for the update, here is what I see right now (baring any further problems) in the order I am doing them in:

• finish religion descriptions (scriptures, priest titles, etc)
  • Add religions as a full realm conversion on law acceptance (this may change, but for this update I'm going to keep it simple)
  • finish setting up rules for each end law and potential combo (partly done)
  • finish basic building, only one for right now, I may revert this idea to the previous method of lowering revolt risk as the diaper laws go up
  • decide on average law length (the default is too long, and I can see away to change it to a lower value for just the diaper laws. I am thinking between 10 and 20, so this update will have the wait between choosing laws set to 15)
  • And finally testing, lots and lots of testing

Sorry its taking so long, work is happening though. After this update, I plan on doing a version that does not require dlc for those that don't have any (shouldn't take long, just going to do a quick purge and post). I also need to check if messing with religions involves another dlc or not.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2020 at 10:00 PM, Cheeks863 said:

Outstanding! Cant wait to see the update! Keep it up bro. Do you have an ETA?

Thanks! as for an ETA... I'm going to plan for a release by the end of the month. Its mostly done now, everything on the list in the last post is done except testing to make sure it works. I also have to add in the first decision for the mod and let the AI use it. This is because I realized that in order for the mod to function, I need to lock succession into one of only three possibilities. But I can't let too much time pass between succession changes in order for later parts of the mod to function smoothly (its something for the willpower idea to play with, and it will add more drama to the fighting prior to the end state laws being selected)

On 2/29/2020 at 1:55 AM, VincentVD said:

I know you asked over a year ago but if you still desired any assistance i would be willing to help. I've made mods of my own in the past and would consider myself adept enough.

I would love assistance please PM me if you are still interested!

• 3 weeks later...

The update is about 99.99 percent done. the only thing holding it back is trying to get the mod working without conclave/the new end state laws. theres a small issue hidden somewhere in the code that adds pull ups that's glitching out under certain circumstances and once I track it down, the update will be ready. I would have tracked it down sooner, but it only recently came up. I'm going to spend the next couple days working on it, so it should be done either the first or second.

on that note, this will mean the mod will detect the conclave dlc automatically and give access to only the appropriate features.

Glad to see the new update is out!! Ill try it out later today

Two questions 

1. How does reproduction occur under the mono law?

2. What kind of fun can you have witwith your harem?

6 hours ago, Cheeks863 said:

Glad to see the new update is out!! Ill try it out later today

Two questions 

1. How does reproduction occur under the mono law?

2. What kind of fun can you have witwith your harem?

Unfortunately, while the laws are there, their functions will be added in the next update. This update just gets them up and running. The next update will focus entirely on both of these.

for the first, I'm probably going to make some shenanigans happen. But, for females, the idea is that both parties can get pregnant. For males, it might be a similar trait but it will imply a "manufacturing" of the child. Something similar to the anime vandread, for reference.

As for your second question. Plans are for stuff like spankings, forcing them into diapers if the sex law says they shouldn't be wearing them, deciding what clothes they wear, There will be sex, and much more. If there is anything you would like to see, let me know.

I do wish more things were in this update, but I wanted a solid foundation to place all the things on. Its also probably going to take a few months to do the next update, and I wanted to give people something new in the mean time.

It seems the laws dont work. I am unable to start on any of the diaper laws. First it says I need concalve disabled and that the law 'None' be activated, but the 'None' law is not activated by default and there seems to be no way to activate it.

19 hours ago, Cheeks863 said:

It seems the laws dont work. I am unable to start on any of the diaper laws. First it says I need concalve disabled and that the law 'None' be activated, but the 'None' law is not activated by default and there seems to be no way to activate it.

First, did you start a new game, or is this a continued one? What DLC are you using? Also are you using any other mods?