Bodyslide Equivalent in FNV?

Just wondering if there is anything similar to bodyslide for FNV. Or if there are better character creation tools or whatever to make better faces- if not bodies. Something like an enhanced character creator. I have seen some very good looking chars in the past, but I have no idea how they made them. It certainly wasn't with the vanilla editor. Also, would it be safe to edit nifs from NV in say.. the Skyrim version of Bodyslide?

15 hours ago, Midnight19 said:

i think it would be awesome but i doubt a modder with the skill for that would be interested in Fallout Nv

Yeah, I did some looking and found a few mods to do a few things with- but nothing like bodyslide. I wonder if bodyslide can be adapted for use with FNV? Maybe partial functionality? Like not be able to build bodies and clothing to fit, but to use the outfit studio. I have done quite a bit of editing there. Should be able to by doing some conversions back and forth I would think. Keep having trouble importing meshes into blender, or I would just do my edits there. I'll figure something out.

Edit: Asked on another site and I have been told that Bodyslide can be used with a few conversions with hit or miss functionality. To quote this person, they say- "KGTools handles all Beth games, but using it can be very hit or miss. You start by making a conversion lattice. Run make lattice, set the from body (nif copied into from directory of the clothing coverter directory), set the to body (nif copied into the to directory), wildly guess on the settings (3/25/.5 is a good start for the three primary settings), and make the lattice. Once you have a lattice, you can change armor/outfits from one shape to another with the lattice. Do ONE PIECE to see if your lattice worked before doing a whole directory."

I'll have to look up exactly what they mean by a conversion lattice. Can anyone explain this is somewhat simpler terms? ;)

21 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Yeah, I did some looking and found a few mods to do a few things with- but nothing like bodyslide. I wonder if bodyslide can be adapted for use with FNV? Maybe partial functionality? Like not be able to build bodies and clothing to fit, but to use the outfit studio. I have done quite a bit of editing there. Should be able to by doing some conversions back and forth I would think. Keep having trouble importing meshes into blender, or I would just do my edits there. I'll figure something out.

Edit: Asked on another site and I have been told that Bodyslide can be used with a few conversions with hit or miss functionality. To quote this person, they say- "KGTools handles all Beth games, but using it can be very hit or miss. You start by making a conversion lattice. Run make lattice, set the from body (nif copied into from directory of the clothing coverter directory), set the to body (nif copied into the to directory), wildly guess on the settings (3/25/.5 is a good start for the three primary settings), and make the lattice. Once you have a lattice, you can change armor/outfits from one shape to another with the lattice. Do ONE PIECE to see if your lattice worked before doing a whole directory."

I'll have to look up exactly what they mean by a conversion lattice. Can anyone explain this is somewhat simpler terms? ;)

nope i Don't have a clue, i can use body slide for already Made outfits and body's but i can't make anything form scratch, the problem with games older than skyrim is the amount of body mods. fallout 4 has 1 Dominating body mod (CBBE)  the Original Skyrim has UUNP and CBBE, i dont know what the Shit Edition has. and fallout nv and 3 have type3 which is fine but it has so many variants of it and almost no Compatibility with the outfit mods for them.

On 11/17/2017 at 3:42 PM, KoolHndLuke said:

See this post for information on lattices and conversion.

It's basically a set of information saved into a file that is used as reference by the converter for converting/morphing one type of body mesh to another type.

Skyrim shit edition only has CBBE as they stated they will not do anymore bodies for bodyslide.

The KGTools are not bodyslide the KGTools were made by Gerra6 they have quite a few. The clothing converter which can convert a armor and outfit from one body size to another it works best with bodies that have matching UV maps and it converts best with small breast and going bigger going big breast and converting to a smaller breast at times can cause warppage around the breast.

The pose converter can convert one pose to another pose Which is good for porting a outfit from one game to another I use it a lot to convert a pose to the skyrim body pose then export the mesh parts in .OBJ format and then load them into the outfit studio.

Seam mender which can be used to fix seams on a body mostly used for oblivion.

I believe I remember at one time that A.J was messing around with a version of bodyslide for FNV but I'm not sure how much was done.

I'm messing around with the Outfit studio mainly. Edited some meshes just fine. Will try to match body shape as close as possible to do clothes/armor on. Yeah, breast reduction is not something I had in mind anyway :p What I'm kinda wondering about is transferring bone weights to outfits for bnb. Is it possible? Thank you for the info!

Gerra6's mesh rigger can transfer bones from one template (a body that has the bones you need in it) to another body or armor you use the template as your transfer file and a armor or outfit as your target file and you can select what bone nodes to transfer from the template over to the target file. Try to stay away from using any skeletons as your template as most skeletons have too many bone nodes in it and will push the kn button off of the screen to a spot where you'll never be able to click it to start the program.

You'll not be able to transfer bone weights of a fallout nif to a new mesh in outfit studios because there are no bones like that in outfit studios and to transfer them in outfit studios for skyrim outfits you have to use the start new project select the body then select the outfit or armor. Then highlight the bones you need for the outfit and use the shape - copy selected weights - shape transfer selected weights then export if you had to make a new body for it then you'll have to use export with reference so that the body you made gets exported with the outfit.

• 4 weeks later...

Found this and going to try it out. Sounds promising!- https://www.loverslab.com/topic/27557-new-clothing-body-style-converter-beta-v089f-10-26-2014/?tab=comments#comment-690766

Edit: This works fairly well for converting clothing and armor to different body types. Very close match going from Type 3 to much more curvy and big breasted body type. Now to figure out where to fine tune.

Archived