CBBE vs Atomic Beauty (Thoughts, Discussion)

Robin2486

On 30.10.2017 at 3:02 AM, Robin2486 said:

CBBE

Pros:

• working dismemberment with the optional CBBE-Reduced replacer

...aaand all other body replacers are disqualified :-)

But that's not all, with my FAPP - Fit And Perky Preset for CBBE Bodyslide i actually have a body that looks equal or better than what i can have in Skyrim. Outfits don't glitch out, guns don't clip into the breasts, fat / strong / slim women look alright as well - really happy with it overall.

I've just recently switched from CBBE to AB and this by a single reason - I play the same old, same old HGEC/CBBE body type since 2006 and Oblivion. And as nice at it looked and still does (when posing instead of playing), the soft body contradicts the heavy load the protagonist is usually carrying around while running (!) and/or the athletic action that is to be performed in-between in game. So, the body either has to be ascetic (slim and w/o much load) or athletic (which doesn't mean on steroids). I've chosen the latter and as close as I could get to the CBBE version. Still I'm somewhat unhappy with the thighs but that's just a matter of future slider optimization.

fallout42017-12-2223-niuzs.jpg

Switched from CBBE to AB myself recently. I prefer the added curves of Atomic Beauty, albeit with the Mern's Atomic Body preset because base Atomic Beauty is just too ridiculous. I definitely like the stronger look of Atomic Beauty. The lack of outfit support is pretty crap, but I'm going to try my hand at Outfit Studio and see if I can't convert everything I want to use to Atomic Beauty.

9 hours ago, Debaster said:

Has anyone made any good AB conversions that include armor from the dlc's? That's one thing keeping me away from AB. That and the no belly nodes for pregnancy.

I'm pretty sure that AB has all DLC outfits since the last update?

One problem however with AB in general - quite a few conversions have very annoying glitches, and some also don't use the proper AB baseshape.

Example the Raider Harness has a much skinnier bodyshape than the (real) nude body. Certain others also have a slight "cleavage" body which crumples real bad when you use the Breast-Smaller slider.

And of course there's still the problem with the neck gap, which IIRC has never been ackowledged by the author.

On 12/26/2017 at 7:17 PM, guk said:

And of course there's still the problem with the neck gap [in AB], which IIRC has never been ackowledged by the author.

The gap is there, indeed. But we are using collars etc since the days of Morrowind, no? This because good seam sealing requires certain, rare skills. Moreover, to see the gap one either has to be fascinated by a neck with an appropriate hair cut or in to half-profile and frontal close-ups, versions hardly ever used by the average player, partly b/c the own char isn't really meant for this, diplomatically speaking, or one has already realized that close-ups lead to an ugly perspective distortion caused by the game machine - the nose, then mouth and eyes are getting bigger as the ears are getting smaller in the frontal view whereas the whole skull gets stretched in the profile view.

So how close do we usually zoom in at a max for a screenshot, tacitly accepting that boobs look somewhat bigger than they actually are for closer to the viewer?

Well, its normally chest line upward, that area, and it goes for both male and female chars or NPCs.

AB half profile close-up (with gap behind collar - ooh, so exciting, isn't it? *giggles*)

fallout42017-12-2702-8zro0.jpg

CBBE and Atomic Beauty will always end up with a preference for personal taste. It's the same problem in Skyrim with 7b, UNP, CBBE. I'd love to have something like UUNP so we all can have more available for all tastes.

Both have their own unique features, but I would personally say that CBBE has way more complicated sliders to make something out of the ordinary — especially if you want to aim for a specific type. So while CBBE has definitely more sliders to avail' it's not always easy to get the shapes that you want and most of the times you might end up with the same issues you might run into AB, that it starts a clipping festival. It's sad how many CBBE Mods are outright broken if you do not use a thin-air shaped preset or the default ones. Some are extremely well done. Of course AB conversions and mods of it do have their issues too and it tends to stand out a little more.

I've also tried to start converting a lot of mods from CBBE over to AB and always work on the meshes before to deliver a good product, some better than others—it's a learning process. What also doesn't help, for AB—in this case, is that a lot of porters do outright deny permission to make a conversion over to the AB-shape. I personally started to just port it myself since the original creators seem way more willing to give permission to do so. 

This is my personal opinion and take on it.

I've spent a great deal of time in CBBE BodySlide adjusting, tweaking, proportioning, adjusting... until I got what I wanted which is REALISM.

100% realistic female body - from 2016 (not 2277, heheh). Never seen anyone else with anything like my preset.

Which I have not touched for like a year now! Can't improve on perfection.

Must admit I'm not familiar with this AB though... might have to check it out.

Although these 'Conan the Barbarian' women don't work for me personally. (No offense to those who enjoy them. Whatever)

And actually it's tough to go with any CBBE alternative due to compatibility of course.

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 1:55 PM, MegaGryphon said:

I've spent a great deal of time in CBBE BodySlide adjusting, tweaking, proportioning, adjusting... until I got what I wanted which is REALISM.

100% realistic female body - from 2016 (not 2277, heheh). Never seen anyone else with anything like my preset.

Which I have not touched for like a year now! Can't improve on perfection.

Must admit I'm not familiar with this AB though... might have to check it out.

Although these 'Conan the Barbarian' women don't work for me personally. (No offense to those who enjoy them. Whatever)

And actually it's tough to go with any CBBE alternative due to compatibility of course.

Muscle in AB is entirely optional.

You can make girls pencil thin, or big, or fat...The sliders are there, its simple enough to make adjustments.

Its got the most solid vanilla replacer available and Ive tried a lot of them.

Its true you wont be downloading every single available outfit for CBBE and using it in AB, but then there are already a lot of available outfits for AB and I don't intend on playing dress up all damn day with my character the followers or the settlers....So literally how many outfits do people really think they need in AB, cause there's well over 50 or 60 mods converted not to mention some of those mods have over 40 outfits in them as it is.

Something I want to really make a point of is that TheMilkDrinker did a great job making the vanilla outfits work with the body without changing the look of the outfits...That's not really been done in any other Bethsada game to this point, not nearly this well before now.

As it is if this was Skyrim....We wouldn't even have this many outfits in one body type let alone with so many alternate body types and extra stuff by this point in the games afterlife.

AB looks cool indeed.

But I think it would be better if, instead of reinventing the wheel, someone made a shape and texture mod for CBBE body, made sure it's easily integrated, and then, once it gets some traction or even before that, contacted Caliente to discuss adding it as a preset for default CBBE distribution. 

As far as I know, CBBE's body mesh should be dense enough to support body shape like AB. Even if it does not match 100%, it could still get pretty close to that. Close enough, and keeping compatibility with everything.

It still feels odd to me though, playing a Fallout game with no Type 3.  Spent a good amount of time from July to November using guides to get the Type 3 Berry body to work in F4.  

AB has less armors converted or made for it compaired to cbbe but the handful of people who do convert stuff to AB do it very well.  They take the time to actually do each slider, and trust me, that is a pain in the ass more then people think.  I have done conversion for the JB and that has a ton of sliders.  I like to use the armors that would be more practical for the majority of time for females in game, cept for Marcy, always lock her ass up in some skimpy outfit and put her in the pillory. 

• 3 weeks later...

I use sevenbase in Skyrim and kind like it because it looks like a fantasy body after all, in Fallout when i cross the AB the first thing i thought was: Atomic Beauty, ok is fallout so "Atomic" sounds really on point  xD. Also you can create really absurd bodies, true,  but you can do something with grace too. 

On 1/13/2018 at 2:48 AM, ShadeAnimator said:

AB looks cool indeed.

But I think it would be better if, instead of reinventing the wheel, someone made a shape and texture mod for CBBE body, made sure it's easily integrated, and then, once it gets some traction or even before that, contacted Caliente to discuss adding it as a preset for default CBBE distribution. 

As far as I know, CBBE's body mesh should be dense enough to support body shape like AB. Even if it does not match 100%, it could still get pretty close to that. Close enough, and keeping compatibility with everything.

It's too much work involved to get all the options over from AB to CBBE—I'm obviously talking to intermix all the sliders from both. Integrating the default AB preset is easy. The problem resist below the torso, because the default poly-positions are very different. You could obviously make it possible but I've only managed to get the leg sliders (not muscles below the torso) to work. I've made some personal updates to the AB body myself (fixes, fixing seams, adding sliders), maybe that will see the daylight sooner or later.

3 hours ago, Lunsmann said:

Just had a thought, probably a dumb one, but anyhow - has anyone tried using both CBBE and AB at the same time. As in CBBE for the AI and companions and AB for the player (using unique player).

Is it even possible? 

It is completely possible. AB and CBBE share the same textures still, so they are compatible in that sense. All you would have to do is build all the vanilla stuff for the npcs with CBBE like you would normally. Then install AB and only use it for unique player. Grab some outfits that you like for the player only to use, and build them with the AB presets.

This way all the npcs in the game will use CBBE and all the vanilla clothes will be CBBE still, but your unique player will use AB. And any modded outfits that you want will use AB as well.

Or you can mix and match if you want. Build only some vanilla outfits with CBBE and others with AB, depending on what you want to use.

Like I said, since they share the same textures still, the only difference between the two will be your body shape.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Im currently using AB but only because there is virtually nothing converted to CBBE Hardbody. AB at least has Pampas, HN66 Easy Girl and few more sets and most of my clothing has bare midrif so lack of abs with HB is noticable.

And on top of me being a mega fan of women with abs im being too lazy to convert shitload of clothing myself.

Oh and i dont like Hardbody tits - they look too fake for me and i dont really know how to make them more realistic/natural. 

Palin EVB or Cbbe is really not an option i even consider. 

• 4 months later...
On 12/17/2017 at 12:46 PM, Gameplayer said:

enb2017_12_17_02_13_45.pngCBBE or Atomic B?

Yes that is a Vanilla mesh with a different texture but you should be familiar enough with Raider Outfits to know if that is CBBE or AB ass.

ScreenShot31.png

See the settler on the right, look at how you cannot count out how many polygons that breast is.

ScreenShot32.png

CBBE or AB?

Notice that the coat isn't hugging the in between area of the breasts which is actually how coats and most shirts actually lay over a pair of breasts.

Hey guys 

I know i'm bit late to this topic 

I recently swtiched from from skyrim to fallout 4 (purchased online it might be arriving day after tommorow i guess)

i'm having hard time deciding between cbbe and ab ( i like AB  its just regarding physics that confuses me a little)

1. Does AB with physics only have breast physics ?

2. I know cbbe has physics but does that includes butt and belly too... like for skyrim "AIO"  has if yes ,can it be tweaked?

3.i know AB does not come with the physics.. did any of you guys manged to add physics to it.. how?

4.if you can compare them (after adding physics to AB) which is better in terms of physics like " very,less,exa" in skyrim i always went for naturalistic and tweaked it to my liking.

Well sorry if i'm bothering with my dumb quest.. even when i haven't started playing yet.. and thanks in advance guys 

Physics isn't really good enough right now to be a deal breaker when making a choice about what to get in Fo4 right now.

Its not even close to the physics on outfits in Skyrim.

I'd suggest getting Atomic Beauty, the Vanilla Outfits have been overhauled with more polygons which allows them to look their best across a wide amount of body shapes.  AB and WonderBody are the only replacers I know of that have had there polygons worked with to enhance how they look in the game.

As far as extra outfits, doesn't bother me that there are not as many available, I find the base outfit quality to be the most important thing for Fo4 so AB has that hands down.

51 minutes ago, Gameplayer said:

Physics isn't really good enough right now to be a deal breaker when making a choice about what to get in Fo4 right now.

Its not even close to the physics on outfits in Skyrim.

I'd suggest getting Atomic Beauty, the Vanilla Outfits have been overhauled with more polygons which allows them to look their best across a wide amount of body shapes.  AB and WonderBody are the only replacers I know of that have had there polygons worked with to enhance how they look in the game.

As far as extra outfits, doesn't bother me that there are not as many available, I find the base outfit quality to be the most important thing for Fo4 so AB has that hands down.

First of all thanks for taking your time to reply back..

And Sorry the whole time i meant the base body, with no clothes on i meant...

And for clothes yeah i noticed that too already have them in que list most of them...

So there is no option for  us to attach butt physics to AB base body other then clothes 

one the physics i liked it but not that much bcz it only had breast physics

Actully i'm just bored with cbbe and i liked what AB has to offer i know muscles and all can be adjusted in body slide but still it would be nice if the base body had butt physics too

And can i use AB with other skin texture mod

Thanks again

30 minutes ago, KoolHndLuke said:

If more muscles is the difference between AB and CBBE, then I'll stick with CBBE. Besides, anyone can put more muscle on the CBBE body by editing the slider values beyond their base range.

Its not only thing AB has to offer... as far as i saw.. you'll never know untill you try it.. u have the game u can try it atleast, in my case its just the curiosity thats kills me... ?

Plz dont take me in wrong way

U mean to say you are  using cbbe enhancer ryt now...if yes then

Does it have belly and butt pbysics ?without clothes on 

The most thing i admire is the womens ass? thats y i'm so curious about the physics

Archived