Darkest Dungeon Erotic Mods

2 minutes ago, HighwayDio said:

That's not what hes getting at, he's basically saying that people could, and have done, become so loved that they let their ego grow out of control. Its okay to love a modder and praise them, but to praise them as if there the only one that's worth it is what can be wrong. There is also a difference between being a fan of someone or something, and being a blind shill who will praise and see nothing wrong with anything one does. That is the worry, history can repeat itself and it has done so time and time again.

Me personally, I don't find Xelswords stuff to be that great, not my taste or style and its all very similar, his art is great, just not my taste.

I do agree that in that case, such thing can happen if the artist is being a prick. However, Xel or his fans haven't really displayed any sort of egoestic behavior and just trying to spark the idea that such thing can happen just because others in here have praised his work would just spark a paranoia, not counting that it could make anyone joining the forums recently get the wrong idea about them by saying some sort of cult mentality is going on.

Either be Xel or any other artists who have gotten a bit of fame in the community like Anaertailin, so far I've seen nothing but people displaying their enjoyment for their work. Trying to bring up an issue that hasn't occured or that 'could occur' really just feels like tackling people trying to be vocal and supportive over someone. I am not saying defending an artist when they're being shitty is correct, but that issue is not one that has been happening around this forum or anywhere else where those artists or their fans are present.

Just now, JommJohnson said:

I do agree that in that case, such thing can happen if the artist is being a prick. However, Xel or his fans haven't really displayed any sort of egoestic behavior and just trying to spark the idea that such thing can happen just because others in here have praised his work would just spark a paranoia, not counting that it could make anyone joining the forums recently get the wrong idea about them by saying some sort of cult mentality is going on.

Either be Xel or any other artists who have gotten a bit of fame in the community like Anaertailin, so far I've seen nothing but people displaying their enjoyment for their work. Trying to bring up an issue that hasn't occured or that 'could occur' really just feels like tackling people trying to be vocal and supportive over someone. I am not saying defending an artist when they're being shitty is correct, but that issue is not one that has been happening around this forum or anywhere else where those artists or their fans are present.

I agree that being paranoid can be a bad thing, and while its true that no one has been toxic or shown any malice or the like, I guess the one that brought it up first is just a little afraid of it happening since people do praise Xelsword allot more then the other modders around, his work in progress is always being posted and people just get hyped when they see something about him.

It also doesn't help that Darkest Dungeon doesn't have its own section yet, despite all of the mods available on here, Nexus, and even the Steam workshop has a decent amount of lewd  mods.

6 minutes ago, HighwayDio said:

I agree that being paranoid can be a bad thing, and while its true that no one has been toxic or shown any malice or the like, I guess the one that brought it up first is just a little afraid of it happening since people do praise Xelsword allot more then the other modders around, his work in progress is always being posted and people just get hyped when they see something about him.

It also doesn't help that Darkest Dungeon doesn't have its own section yet, despite all of the mods available on here, Nexus, and even the Steam workshop has a decent amount of lewd  mods.

Ah, yeah, I see Xel gets most of the praise, but I wouldn't blame it on fan bias, just that he really is one of the most active modders out there so far. Recently I haven't seen much activity when it comes to the NSFW modding for Darkest Dungeon, so for good or bad, this puts him even more into the spotlight. (I only use Nexus, this site and Steam Workshop to find mods. I don't know if there are more places out there.)

But if anyone feels a modder is not getting as much attention as they should, posting about them here is a good idea. That alone is a great way to help them out.

34 minutes ago, HighwayDio said:

It also doesn't help that Darkest Dungeon doesn't have its own section yet, despite all of the mods available on here

I would suggest that someone go write a staff member about this, I think that DD already qualifies for one subsection of their own

23 hours ago, SparklySnuggly said:

Care to provide some examples of this "cult mentality" being toxic?

Do i really have to? Have you looked around lately? The movie "Misery" was made with the concept of fans being toxic with creators, on the other spectrum you also see it every time people being overprotective and defensive to the point they attack others who either don't agree with their point of view or just don't like what they do, this isn't even the first time the xelsword cult tried to pick a fight with someone, i think it's the third.

in a nutshell dont follow anything fully, one reason I like xelsword is the fact things are free like niurs was. even outside modding and nsfw stuff, heros rise and fall, things we loved and support let us down like bethesda used to be looked at as great now its looked at as broken and greedy. We do not know anyone personally and nor do we know what people are going thru irl or what there end goal is. Personally I refuse to spend a single dime for any mod, nothing against supporters or makers at all, its just silly to fund an addition to a game that will cost a faction or even more then the game's price is. not to mention an investment for an unfinished product. Same philosophy why I dont play early access, cause somtimes in the end what we come to admire might not be the same thing we once had hope for. 

1 hour ago, bobmarley24 said:

in a nutshell dont follow anything fully, one reason I like xelsword is the fact things are free like niurs was. even outside modding and nsfw stuff, heros rise and fall, things we loved and support let us down like bethesda used to be looked at as great now its looked at as broken and greedy. We do not know anyone personally and nor do we know what people are going thru irl or what there end goal is. Personally I refuse to spend a single dime for any mod, nothing against supporters or makers at all, its just silly to fund an addition to a game that will cost a faction or even more then the game's price is. not to mention an investment for an unfinished product. Same philosophy why I dont play early access, cause somtimes in the end what we come to admire might not be the same thing we once had hope for. 

Not to hate on anyone's hard work, but the thing about paying for a mod is that... like... it's something that modifies say a game for example, without that game it wouldn't work, and in most cases you already paid for the game, so paying for a modification of said game (that you already paid for) seems kinda weird/unnecessary, at least that's how I see it, i have to admit though, some people may deserve some retribution for their efforts.

(Also isn't monetizing modified content against terms of service or something?)

Edited by Pevori
5 hours ago, Nefermandias said:

I believe the admins were asked to create a new DD section not long ago, but ended up deciding it wasn't really worth it. Maybe someone here could try and talk to them again?

I don't see how really, with a section, there could be a whole topic just for Xelswords, a topic for Alcor, and one for Anaertailin. Dan__'s big topic he has can be moved there too for ease of access and this one can be pinned in it just for general stuff and bug fixes even. I'd even say there could be one topic just for each class in the game and one topic just for modded classes. Darkest Dungeon has just as many lewd mods as StarBound and Rimworld from what I can see here, on Nexus, and Steam workshop.

1 hour ago, Pevori said:

(Also isn't monetizing modified content against terms of service or something?)

I mean, yes...

Finally, you may not commercially monetize your mod in any way, as that would impinge upon Red Hook’s intellectual property rights.

On the other hand...

Providing mod support, including policing mod authorship, is unfortunately outside the scope of what we are able to provide at this time.

It's complicated, but the official stance of this site is that it's ok for people to pay you to get access to mods early, but outright paid content is shunned, to the point you're not even allowed to advertise it. Pay-to-play is banned, pay-to-win is allowed.

Kinda makes me wonder how the third DD thread has survived this long, as it's literally that but worse because that idiot uses other modders work too.

I just wanted to let users here know that Xelsword had released the public version of his latest NPC mod. I was trying to be funny since it was the abbey one by making a joke of praising him. I didn't mean to cause a stir.

I just like his mods, and thought we all would appreciate it.

4 hours ago, dovahnurse said:

I just wanted to let users here know that Xelsword had released the public version of his latest NPC mod. I was trying to be funny since it was the abbey one by making a joke of praising him. I didn't mean to cause a stir.

Not a problem with you, pal. Dude just had a real weird hangup about picking fights and then claiming the other party started it.

Edited by Mud
10 hours ago, dovahnurse said:

It didn't come off that way at all, what he said makes some sense, but I believe it didn't fit in the context at all

21 minutes ago, Quertee said:

i swear a conflict always stirs up in this thread on a semi monthly basis

and it always ends up as being yet another "trying to disprove each other" gig

Then came the consequences. Last time the drama caused people to stop sharing paywalled mods, which caused this thread to become Xelsword dedicated with some Niur mods here and there. I suppose that is one of the reasons we have the current drama. 

On 6/14/2021 at 12:10 PM, AndrogynousAudrey said:

So, i found some skins mods for the cataphract and seraph, they simple add a anime face and i dont see anyone sharing them here or steam.

They dont need new anim or fx and come with some palattes (cataphract have 4 and seraph 3).

(i found them in some weird .rar file all in korean, thats why i cant tell who is the author.)

1430336993_BKnight(1).png.c9d72812cb7eca24bec969111495f0ce.png574203013_Bhorse(1).png.2cdd2d1cb9bc75029fc2dad6c7a85109.png

seraph.rar 10.89 MB · 95 downloads   cataphract.rar 19.77 MB · 119 downloads

broken skin

On 6/14/2021 at 2:26 PM, troycatter said:

Then came the consequences. Last time the drama caused people to stop sharing paywalled mods, which caused this thread to become Xelsword dedicated with some Niur mods here and there. I suppose that is one of the reasons we have the current drama. 

Always appreciate people aware of whats happening.  Been following since page 7, was a great place then Xelsword posted his stuff and things went to shit in a hurry.

I know I have a habit of running my mouth and talking about loaded topics and fighting the moderators and all that crap but I really can't help but compare these Xelsword fanatics to the people that stormed the capitol, at least in terms of mindset.

2 hours ago, Taikouchi said:

Always appreciate people aware of whats happening.  Been following since page 7, was a great place then Xelsword posted his stuff and things went to shit in a hurry.

I know I have a habit of running my mouth and talking about loaded topics and fighting the moderators and all that crap but I really can't help but compare these Xelsword fanatics to the people that stormed the capitol, at least in terms of mindset.

Would someone please explain me what is this creature talking about?

21 minutes ago, Nefermandias said:

Would someone please explain me what is this creature talking about?

The inner machinations of such unenlightened beings are best left obfuscated, brother...

No, but seriously, they're on such a hair trigger from the current political climate that they see it everywhere they look, and can no longer distinguish fiction from reality.

Just leave them be. You can't teach separation of public and private lives to someone who does not want to learn. ...You can't teach anything to someone who does not want to learn, really.

4 hours ago, Fasterflight225 said:

The inner machinations of such unenlightened beings are best left obfuscated, brother...

No, but seriously, they're on such a hair trigger from the current political climate that they see it everywhere they look, and can no longer distinguish fiction from reality.

Just leave them be. You can't teach separation of public and private lives to someone who does not want to learn. ...You can't teach anything to someone who does not want to learn, really.

I've certainly seen dragging politics into hobbies poisons the well.  I've currently or have in the recent past cast my support to many of the artists and mod makers here.  I find that it is an awesome place to discover them and to support the ones you are able to when you can, so that we can all enjoy the fruit of that labor.  Each person here is trying to make a game we enjoy more enjoyable.  Some are faster at it than others but that by no means lessens the work that they put in. 

And I have learned a great deal about the game and how the mods work from this thread as well. That is something I am thankful for as well. 

Cheers to everyone, for their contribution to our shared goal of fun, whatever form it takes.