So SKSE got it's Alpha build for SSE released so I figured I'd try converting some SKSE dependent Oldrim mods I have installed to SSE as a way to learn how Papyrus ticks and possibly use what I learn for making my own SKSE dependent mods in the future.

To begin with I'm trying to edit the version check in the script zzCharacterMakingExtenderScript in the ECE mod so it sees the current version of SSE as a supported version and have the mod work. Editing the source file was easy enough, I think. I then went to compile it but  I just get a stream of errors, thankfully I know where to find them in the script but I don't know why it's causing the error.

I've included a .txt file of the errors being displayed to me when I attempt to compile the script.

The whole point of this is just curiosity. I just want to see if I can get ECE running on SSE with SKSE and what I can try to make it work. The whole thing is a huge learning experience for me. I just view this as if I were taking apart any electronic device you could think of.

So yeah, that's the gist of it, any advice would be great. Am I jumping into the deep end? Maybe, but I find it easier using that approach.

Compile Errors.txt

One thing I noticed while taking a peek at the SSE SKSE alpha is that the script source files are in a subfolder this time (..\scripts\source\skse).

In the old SKSE they were directly in the source folder.

Dunno if that helps, good luck.

Hey thanks for that man, I'm getting somewhere with this now. Error list just went from a huge wall of text that made my head spin to 6 lines. Any idea what I'm missing for these errors?

Errors look like this now:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Scripts\Source\zzCharacterMakingExtenderScript.psc(544,5): variable CharGen is undefined

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Scripts\Source\zzCharacterMakingExtenderScript.psc(544,13): none is not a known user-defined type

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Scripts\Source\zzCharacterMakingExtenderScript.psc(544,32): cannot compare a none to a int (cast missing or types unrelated)

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Scripts\Source\zzCharacterMakingExtenderScript.psc(544,32): cannot relatively compare variables to None

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Scripts\Source\zzCharacterMakingExtenderScript.psc(555,2): variable CharGen is undefined

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Scripts\Source\zzCharacterMakingExtenderScript.psc(555,10): none is not a known user-defined type
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archived