SKSE64 2.0.0 alpha released

znaroks

Please read the post before giving false hopes.

From the very first post (also put on the second pot):

Here is an alpha version of SKSE64. It is currently not intended for use by most users. It will be primarily interesting for mod authors and people who want to test things.

I guess we can check if we can make sexlab and other SKSE dependant plugins to work with this in SSE

TBH, save yourself some time and don't bother trying.

SexLab Oldrim won't work. At an absolute minimum (with an optimistic assumption that everything in SKSE64 works perfectly already), Ashal would still need to update PapyrusUtil to match SKSE64 and its version (don't think he posted PapyrusUtil sources, so only he can do it) - and I don't think it would make sense for him to do it on anything but a stable (maybe even final) release of SKSE64. I doubt he would do it on a SKSE64 version that's not even intended for the end users.

SexLab full would also need to wait for SkyUI full for the MCM.

Also without JContainer, SLAL (+ a ton of SexLab mods) won't work, so even if Ashal has done all of the above, you'll be stuck with the default SexLab animations anyway.

A modder has said they we'll be bring over SkyUI and the MCM for the New SKSE. However, Vinfamy is right. It's going to take time, before Sexlab along with HDT are able to make their way over to SSE and with just an alpha release you can only test things right now. Mods will be getting updated once a beta is released and even then it's going to take about a year or so before you start to see any real results for having mods. 

I'm grateful we have SKSE64 alpha release. My question is to Vinfamy. Will you still use the Light version or will you work on the SKSE64 version too?

I guess we can check if we can make sexlab and other SKSE dependant plugins to work with this in SSE

TBH, save yourself some time and don't bother trying.

Without reading this update, only from what i know from older posts: the SKSE devs hardly make any mods using SKSE, so they don't know what is actually required, appretiated, wanted, or whatever. They asked out for help from people who actually know that AND can help with the work, but i guess even if you can't or don't want to do that, at this point it might be a good time to test it and tell them about features you want.

Same for Ashal i guess, or the DD team, pretty much any author that has any plans to use SKSE 64 in future. 

Now is the moment when mod authors should start to port SKSE mods to Special Edition. Not the moment to release mods for end-users, just to start porting to test SKSE64.

That is what the SKSE team want from mod author, to start making or porting mods using funcionallity added by SKSE64 and report what functions of SKSE works and what dont, with that SKSE some day will leave the alpha state and be ready to be used by users. If every mod author choose not to start working in their mods before having a full SKSE64 release SKSE64 will be in alpha forever.

Papyrus Utils, JContainers, Net Immersive Overdrive... like any mod with SKSE scripts this dll's depend on SKSE64 to work...that means the mod authors should start to port them now to test the required SKSE64 depencies.

No one port mods -> No one test SKSE64 -> SKSE64 forever an alpha.

Since this is in alpha, I would think authors would want to take their time for a more steady version - this version sounds more like a sneak peek for me.

which means, the authors "could" try and test it and have fun doing modding, but none of them "should" do it just because SKSE64 is out and people are hyped about it

Let's just wait, Thanks Giving is not here yet.

I'm going to have a go at the 5.1 skyui tonight.

You must also install this !

yep, saw that.

Been grabbing/refreshing the mods I really NEED. (basic util type things really)

The list of what I WANT, is rather long, and I do have to work.

Fun part, is if things actually work, getting the original author to do the ports.

I really really don't want to do support for skyui that's for sure.

:P

A modder has said they we'll be bring over SkyUI and the MCM for the New SKSE. However, Vinfamy is right. It's going to take time, before Sexlab along with HDT are able to make their way over to SSE and with just an alpha release you can only test things right now. Mods will be getting updated once a beta is released and even then it's going to take about a year or so before you start to see any real results for having mods. 

I'm grateful we have SKSE64 alpha release. My question is to Vinfamy. Will you still use the Light version or will you work on the SKSE64 version too?

It is possible HDT may never make it to SE. I think it was Fore who told me that the DLL used by HydrogenSays is built (of course) for the 32bit SKSE and Skyrim, and the 64bit version of HDT would depend on HydrogenSays taking an interest and doing all the conversion work.  Collision physics is still mostly 32bit so conversion is not necessarily easy.  :-/

HydrogenSays is still active, so keep our fingers crossed.

Here's a thread where people are showing their testing results.  A lot of SKSE mods already work without having to do anything:

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/6zqlt1/quick_classic_skyrim_mod_tests_in_sse_with_skse64/

Also sounds like we may get the official SkyUI port sooner rather than later :)

schlangster 13 points

9 hours ago

I'll try to do an official port on the weekend.

Edit:  Tried some testing in my own game.  SkyUI 5.1 works great, no crashes.  I currently have about 50 mods with MCM menus.  Most of them work fine already with no glitches.  Some of them are showing variable names or wierd display issues so will obviously need to be updated.  This was just installing SKSE and SKYUI in my existing SE game where I was specifically avoiding SKSE mods so these are all just dormant MCM menus, most of them in officially ported mods.  Planning to try a bunch of the SKSE mods on my wishlist as well just to see how many work and how many don't.

Did some more testing and so far have been very pleasantly surprised at how well SKSE works even in Alpha.  So far all of these work for me:

Hide those futile quests

iHud

Pumping Iron

A Matter of Time

Autosave Manager

NPC Knockout Overhaul

Achieve That

Forgotten Magic Redone

Immersive College of Winterhold

Also have another 30-40 other mods with MCM menus that all work (both oldrim mods and official SE mods that had dormant MCM menus which now work).  The only quirks regarding those for me so far were with Wet and Cold, Campfire, and Frostfall.  Wet and Cold menu works but displays variable names instead of the values.  Campfire and Frostfall menus were completely messed up until I installed the SKSE files from their Oldrim versions and then installed the SE version over the top (those versions don't have the SKSE files). 

Only other quirk I've run into so far is that MO2 seems to throw a fit and not recognize any of my mods more often than before.  Just have to exit and rerun Skyrim to fix that though.

Just to clarify as well, most of the dll mods will need to be recompiled with the 64bit as the 32bit will crash the system. Must be from the 64bit flags and different memory subsections.

Is there a way to convert it with just using a simple tool like SSEEdit? 

Nope.

DLLs need to be recompiled with a complier usually a C complier.

@skubblebubble, not all dll mods crash systems but HDT and other dlls that add additional functionality does crash. I've tried HDT and it completely crashed. So it'll need an update or a recompile.

Just to clarify as well, most of the dll mods will need to be recompiled with the 64bit as the 32bit will crash the system. Must be from the 64bit flags and different memory subsections.

Nope.

@skubblebubble, not all dll mods crash systems but HDT and other dlls that add additional functionality does crash. I've tried HDT and it completely crashed. So it'll need an update or a recompile.

Odd thing is HDT did not crash mine it just did nothing to the game.

Nope.

Odd thing is HDT did not crash mine it just did nothing to the game.

This was the same with mine. It didn't crash it,but it didn't load it either. 

Archived