The Psychologist [11/1/2018]

ForFunGames

The psychologist [11/1/2018]

Title01.png

Latest version (Website, contains information.) : The Psychologist 0.30 - Web link

DISCLAIMER : 

This is just a game.

I'm not an actual psychologist, nor do any material in the game reflects any real life psychology in any realistic way. I don't believe that what's portrayed here is anything close to resembling real life, nor is it possible.

I think I need to say this at least once so that I won't offend, nor belittle what psychologist/consultants really are. They deal with people's real life(and quite possibly) more serious issues and I have nothing but respect for those who have the ability to do so. I, myself have dealt with mental health in the past, and I seriously suggest that you go visit one when you face the same problem as well. The difference can be astounding.

Due to the title, I can see people misunderstand what this game really is. So, I believe a small disclaimer can help with the misunderstanding if it happens.

Hi everyone, 

I've decided to remake this project with a new direction in mind.

The first iteration of this project is directed towards a more sandbox-styled gameplay, after a few things happened, which can be read in my own website, I decided to change the the direction of this game into a more - standard- version.

Story are mostly similar, with a few changes here and there to suite the new gameplay.

Although, a small warning :

Not everything is set in stone yet. I can decided whether I wanted to shut down a feature completely, causing the game to change massively. It's still very early on in the production process, please understand.

Screenshots:

SS01.png

SS02.png

SS03.png

Link(s) :

• So the daughter looks 25, and the mother like 35... The math is not adding up. She had her daughter at age 10?
  • If I entered my name, why does it say "ME" when it is my text. Feels unpolished.
  • Seriously Ginny looks to old to be an entry level college student. You are implying she is chubby, but she isn't. Chubby implies she is a little fat, she has no fat on her, LOL she has a flat abs, she is thick with unnaturally big boobs. Feels like pandering.
  • The introduction to incest with the daughter bores me. I'm over incest in adult games, it is almost never done right. 
  • Samantha looks young but she is older than your daughter who is 18 but looks 25.
  • The wife's body looks mature but still sexy (god job on that), with her face looking younger. Overall she looks appropriate. She looks chubby btw.
  • Once you make it into the room selector, i'm not sure what the two options do. You should have text of what they do.
  • Seems like that is it.
  • No hook, You should have a hook that shows what sex will be like, You could have us fuck his wife, so it doesnt effect the plot but we know what your style will be like.

Super short, the art is good, but I think Ginny looks to old. I was expecting this game to be about manipulating your clients but ended up being about manipulating your family... IMO cut out the incest and focus on the women with who you work with.

I see nothing wrong with the game other then a few errors in the dialogue and I don't see anything that has to be removed but maybe for ones that don't like - complain about or are tired of seeing certain things maybe have a option at the start of the game asking if they want to see this or that and depending on what they pick only that stuff appears. So if someone doesn't like incest they can turn it off but then they'll probably complain that it's super short because they turned it off. I myself have no problem with incest. Ginny looked cute but I mostly only looked at her face since I don't care for oversized breasts same with the mother/wife Samantha and Georgia I liked how they looked a lot better they were super hot looking and I'll probably be paying more attention to them.

If you (the creator) has a vision, then follow your heart and don't listen to dip shits like me. Normally I make that more clear in my posts, but apparently I didn't this time. There are many games where the author stops telling his or her story to pander to get money which ultimately hurts the game in the long run. My example IMO is Champions of Corruption. Great game, but mid way through he abandoned the story to follow the money by inserting really odd fetishes. Fox even admitted it hurt his game, which is why he changed the way he did things with his next game.

Your game is fine, a good starting place, and don't let first statements scare you off.

Just discovered the game it looks great !

The reason it clicked with me right away is mainly Ginny's look, she is really cute and doesn't look like other overused models we find in recent games. I also like Georgia's look (Samatnha is ok, the wife doesn't really do anything for me, but that's okay if not all characters are a hit for everyone, this is how the player decides on which one(s) to focus).

The other reason is obviously the incest and mind control fetish as they are on the top of my list so I'm really looking forward to what you have in store for us.

I am happy you went with the sandbox approach rather than a linear main story, but it means the game will need much much more content.

Well I'm looking forward for some updates to see your plans for the future :).

Thanks for the comments and attention.

My aim with this game is to make something that I enjoy, and I do understand that my tastes might not suite some of yours. 

I won't necessarily switch the game up just to fit with other's taste, unless it's absolutely necessary. And even if there's a supporting option in the future, my point still stands.

Not that's been said :

I've launched a small, temporary website to track my progress and talk to you guys in a more appropriate way.

https://forfungamesblog.wordpress.com/

Note that it doesn't mean I won't accept criticisms and such. 

Thanks for the comments and attention.

My aim with this game is to make something that I enjoy, and I do understand that my tastes might not suite some of yours. 

I won't necessarily switch the game up just to fit with other's taste, unless it's absolutely necessary. And even if there's a supporting option in the future, my point still stands.

Not that's been said :

I've launched a small, temporary website to track my progress and talk to you guys in a more appropriate way.

https://forfungamesblog.wordpress.com/

Note that it doesn't mean I won't accept criticisms and such. 

Cant wait to see more

Intersting so far, quite curious how it will evolve.

Guess Ive seen some test errors, if useful to report them Ill go for another run ?

Also, it is possible to reach a good result with Georgia ? So far, only a correct whatever I tryed (perfect as to diagnosis). Wondering.

Thanks for the offer, but things are a lot different on the back-end side of things in the game now.

A lot of new stats have been added. So what's left before might not be relevant in the next version.

But I feel the game is in a good, solid place right now. I'm currently focusing on making content for the next version.

In terms of Georgia, in the current version, you gain a single point in trust with her when you chose the right option.

But on the next update, it has changed into Affection points. Trust is relegated into a higher-level control on the characters during their hypnosis sessions.

TL;DR : Too much things have changed between this version and the next update. I'm sorry for the waste of time in the current version, but it's here to introduce characters and the story itself. 

Office implementation – Phase 1 : ‘Clients’ have been implemented. It simply allows for you to choose who you want to deal with in the office.

Will you be able to pick all of them to deal with them in one day or will you be forced to pick something like only one client per day and if you are forced to pick only one will it be set up to where you can keep playing till you have picked all of the clients?

is there a link for the latest update or is it still only in the testing stage?

I went to your home page an looked at the progress report which is great.  

I didn't see a new version to download.

Keep up the good work.

The current version is the first release of the game, it's purpose being to introduce the characters and the premise of the game.

The next version should be released at around 25-30th of this month, depending on how things progress.

Office implementation – Phase 1 : ‘Clients’ have been implemented. It simply allows for you to choose who you want to deal with in the office.

Will you be able to pick all of them to deal with them in one day or will you be forced to pick something like only one client per day and if you are forced to pick only one will it be set up to where you can keep playing till you have picked all of the clients?

This is a sandbox game. You can only choose one client/day, but the game will never end, so you can finish all the clients in a single playthrough.

The story won't progress in a per-day basis, instead, it will progress based on the hypnosis sessions and the conditionings that have been set on each character.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the patience, I'm not particularly familiar with uploading sites and since Drive was the fastest option, I went with it without knowing the restrictions.

Speaking of uploads, As you know, the game size is 4 gb unpacked. I didn't plan for it to be this big, nor did I want it to be at this size. Is there a good way to compress the .png images in the game? If possible, I wanted an option where the quality doesn't drop much. Thanks in advance.

Archived