NOTICE: The new site is now moved to the original www.loverslab.com URL. The site may be up and down during this transition and there is still some tweaks and setup going on, so you may experience the occasional broken link, visual oddity, and other such errors. 

If you notice anything any particular that's broken or have any suggestions or comments, please post them in the following thread: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/87535-new-site-questions-comments-and-suggestions/

The old site will remain accessible for the next week via the URL http://old.loverslab.com

Sign in to follow this  
sura954

Black polygony looking female body

Hey guys, I am having this issue which I've never heard of before. At first I thought it's just my GPU running out of VRAM but it's not the case. MSI Afterburner and Rivatuner's overlay shows that VRAM usage was about 2800MB (I own GTX 970 4GB,more like 3.5GB but whatever) so I have been trying to figure it on my own - googling, reinstalling body textures and meshes but nothing helped. What's interesting is If open up race menu and change sex to male it's absolutely fine, no black body whatsoever until I change it back to female so the issue seems to be affecting just female body. As you can see on the pictures it gradually fades back to the body texture when I zoom in but you can still see these black parts all over the body. Any help is appreciated.

S3q5WTA.jpg, Pgooqio.jpg

Can also be caused by your computer running out of memory.

Not likely, I have 16GB DDR4 memory and I am using configured Crash Fixes mod.

I have seen it many times on LL and most times it's a memory issue. The farther away you get the darker the body gets and the closer you get the more it disappears. I had it before when I used the gloss tool to gloss my texture files to make the body glossy but after removing them and adding back the normal unaltered ones it went away. Restarting the game can fix the problem for awhile.

I have seen it many times on LL and most times it's a memory issue. The farther away you get the darker the body gets and the closer you get the more it disappears. I had it before when I used the gloss tool to gloss my texture files to make the body glossy but after removing them and adding back the normal unaltered ones it went away. Restarting the game can fix the problem for awhile.

So what do you suggest, should I try different normal, diffuse or specular maps ?

If you are using 4k textures, swap them with 2k if they come with a lower res option.

If the problem still persists then run the 4k (or 2k, your choice) through an optimizer like Ordenador and make sure to add Mip Maps to reduce the burden on vram.