WWmod Script File/json Causes Crash

I hope i'm posting in the right place for this and I'm reporting this correctly.  I have spent several hours, on three different occasions, trying to get this TOTALLY AWESOME mod to work for me.  I finally narrowed it down to the "TURBODRIVER_WickedWhims_Scripts.ts4script" and "ww_cas_parts.json" (They were together so not sure which one or if both caused crash but the problem is definitely with these two.)  I have taken all cc out of my game except for this mod.   If I keep all your other files in, the game loads fine and I can play my families but, no WW option shows up in game.  If I add the script and json files, the game loads fine,  I CAN go to CAS to create a family but if I try to PLAY a family, the game stays on the loading screen indefinitely.  I have to go to task manager to quite sims 4.  Here are the specs:

Game Version 1.32.1.1020

Windows 7 professional 64 bit McAfee virus protection

Odd, but I don't have any exception files from these last crashes.  Is it possible that it would take more than 30 minutes to load this mod in a cc free game?

I am including the exception from June 9, (definitely not the most recent crash but it's all I see in sims folder) also I have a ton of cc normally like 18,000 files so.. not sure if that makes the exception page bigger or not.

I attached the last exception file, (which was last month so not sure that would help.  Ive deleted cc and played the game since then).  

I would love any help you can give me.  Thanks so much for sharing your hard work!

lastException_63632725460.txt

Only the most recent exception files are useful, a month old one is completely unrelated.

So is it a crash or the game doesn't load?

Have you renamed any of the mod files? That will cause issues like that.

Make sure you're turning the game on in 64-bit, you can set that in Origin, in the game properties.

Oh.  Thought they were kind of the same thing.  It doesn't crash then, just never gets off the loading screen for family play.  I always take out symbols, sometimes spaces before placing any cc in my mods folder but I will go back and replace those with your original names.  Will also check origin for 64bit.  I'll report back when I've done this.  Thanks a million for responding.  : )

SUCCESS!!! You`really a god@*%! Genius!!!! Origin was already using 64 bit so I changed the names to original, (using underscore symbols) and voila!! Wicked whims appeared. So far it's only letting me opt for exhibitionist conversation but at least it's there! I can see the added sex animations on the "enable content screen,just have to play around with it) Thank you! See you on Patron next week!

• 6 months later...
On 7/24/2017 at 8:38 AM, carmellia1 said:

I hope i'm posting in the right place for this and I'm reporting this correctly.  I have spent several hours, on three different occasions, trying to get this TOTALLY AWESOME mod to work for me.  I finally narrowed it down to the "TURBODRIVER_WickedWhims_Scripts.ts4script" and "ww_cas_parts.json" (They were together so not sure which one or if both caused crash but the problem is definitely with these two.)  I have taken all cc out of my game except for this mod.   If I keep all your other files in, the game loads fine and I can play my families but, no WW option shows up in game.  If I add the script and json files, the game loads fine,  I CAN go to CAS to create a family but if I try to PLAY a family, the game stays on the loading screen indefinitely.  I have to go to task manager to quite sims 4.  Here are the specs:

Game Version 1.32.1.1020

Windows 7 professional 64 bit McAfee virus protection

Odd, but I don't have any exception files from these last crashes.  Is it possible that it would take more than 30 minutes to load this mod in a cc free game?

I am including the exception from June 9, (definitely not the most recent crash but it's all I see in sims folder) also I have a ton of cc normally like 18,000 files so.. not sure if that makes the exception page bigger or not.

I attached the last exception file, (which was last month so not sure that would help.  Ive deleted cc and played the game since then).  

I would love any help you can give me.  Thanks so much for sharing your hard work!

lastException_63632725460.txt

Thank you for noticing that because my game was crashing and i had the same mod i have deleted most of my mods to figure out what the problem was then i came across this one and didn't know what it was "ww_cas_parts.json" so i deleted it and now my game is working fine "TURBODRIVER_WickedWhims_Scripts.ts4script" works fine for me, thank you so much for posting this because i was about to give up on sims all together :smile:

• 3 weeks later...

I'm glad you were able to figure it out.  It takes so long to find these things....   Also figured out you can't change the name of the files or they wont work.  I usually take out symbols like dashes and underscores to make it easier for the computer to read.  If you do that with some of the WW files they won't work in game...

Enjoy your day!

• 11 months later...
14 hours ago, jimmbooo said:

Hi Carmellia I'm Jim and I really do need help because I don't have the ww_cas_parts.json and I think one more on the whicked whim 2,3,4, if I do have other packs in does that mean I wont get this ww._cas_parts.json and other ones I need

Don't think you need cas part json any more.

19 hours ago, jimmbooo said:

yeah I played the sims 3 and I don't care for it, sims 4 is the way to go now and I'm still downloading stuff now I need help to put custom sims in like movie stars and more.     oh and is there a newer verion of wicked turbodriver I'm using the 43 on

WW is up to 4.3.5.139e, f, g, h, now, but you must make sure your game and the other mods that use WW are up to date also.

(Can't keep track of the latest versions anymore as they come out so fast, lol).

Make a backup of your entire Sims 4 folder before changing or adding things, just in case...

(Most things like Hairs, makeup, etc. don't cause any problems).

(MCCC is another great mod for controlling things non sexual, but don't use the woohoo module cause it clashes with WW).

Archived