[WIP] Alternative cocoon mesh

Hey fellow Skyrim/peril lovers!

A long while back I decided to try my hand and creating a new series of meshes for mods that allow spiders of other critters to cocoon people.  The ZaZ cocoons look fairly realistic, but being the overly kinky bastard that I am, I wanted something really skintight to wrap my beautiful characters up in.  I had to start by learning 3d modelling from scratch, but thanks to a bunch of people helping me with noob issues, I have finally got to a point where I feel like I can start seriously getting this ready for release.

Currently I have fitted the mesh to my Curvy character's custom CBBE body(and even face!) but it shouldn't be too difficult to start applying it to other body shapes and sizes.  I will be starting with CBBE, as it is the most popular(and what I use), but I will probably move to other bodies after that.  I have created alternate meshes for cocoonsuit1, cocoonsuit2, and cocoonsuit3, and tested them extensively with the excellent Arachnophobia mod by Kazyn.  I have resolved all unwanted clipping issues, and am pretty comfortable with the rough appearance of the cocoons.  I have a rudimentary webbing texture applied, but this area needs improvement(I am just learning texturing).  Depending on what the Arachnophobia mod author wants to do, I may even add additional wrapping stages to add for more variety.

I wont be able to have the face look as detailed on a mass release version, as there is no easy way to conform a mesh to facedata the way you can with bodies(ie bodyslide).

My character Olivia: post-402460-0-71829300-1500069572_thumb.jpg

Stage1:

post-402460-0-29250000-1500069592_thumb.jpg

post-402460-0-47595700-1500069600_thumb.jpg

post-402460-0-46589100-1500069618_thumb.jpg

Stage 2: 

post-402460-0-25121700-1500069656_thumb.jpg

post-402460-0-90130600-1500069664_thumb.jpg

post-402460-0-41807500-1500069677_thumb.jpg

Stage 3: 

post-402460-0-23326000-1500069688_thumb.jpg

post-402460-0-31157400-1500069712_thumb.jpg

post-402460-0-45495400-1500069722_thumb.jpg

Let me know what you guys think!  Keep in mind this is my first 3dmodelling project, so I know that I have room to grow.

post-402460-0-19903300-1500069631_thumb.jpg

So far they look like mummy wrappings more than spiderwebs. There's nothing wrong with that. Now somebody just needs to make a sleeping with draugr mod.

Well, mummification is a huge kink of mine as well, so that's where the inspiration came from lol. As for draugr, none will be sleeping with my character, but I would certainly be open to making a bandage texture (or even new mesh).

So far they look like mummy wrappings more than spiderwebs. There's nothing wrong with that. Now somebody just needs to make a sleeping with draugr mod.

Well, mummification is a huge kink of mine as well, so that's where the inspiration came from lol. As for draugr, none will be sleeping with my character, but I would certainly be open to making a bandage texture (or even new mesh).

I look forward to it.

Sorry

What I meant to say was

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey fellow Skyrim/peril lovers!

A long while back I decided to try my hand and creating a new series of meshes for mods that allow spiders of other critters to cocoon people.  The ZaZ cocoons look fairly realistic, but being the overly kinky bastard that I am, I wanted something really skintight to wrap my beautiful characters up in.  I had to start by learning 3d modelling from scratch, but thanks to a bunch of people helping me with noob issues, I have finally got to a point where I feel like I can start seriously getting this ready for release.

Currently I have fitted the mesh to my Curvy character's custom CBBE body(and even face!) but it shouldn't be too difficult to start applying it to other body shapes and sizes.  I will be starting with CBBE, as it is the most popular(and what I use), but I will probably move to other bodies after that.  I have created alternate meshes for cocoonsuit1, cocoonsuit2, and cocoonsuit3, and tested them extensively with the excellent Arachnophobia mod by Kazyn.  I have resolved all unwanted clipping issues, and am pretty comfortable with the rough appearance of the cocoons.  I have a rudimentary webbing texture applied, but this area needs improvement(I am just learning texturing).  Depending on what the Arachnophobia mod author wants to do, I may even add additional wrapping stages to add for more variety.

I wont be able to have the face look as detailed on a mass release version, as there is no easy way to conform a mesh to facedata the way you can with bodies(ie bodyslide).

My character Olivia: attachicon.gifscreenshot41_by_ghrolath4-dbgbv44.jpg

Stage1:

attachicon.gifscreenshot42_by_ghrolath4-dbgbv3u.jpg

attachicon.gifscreenshot43_by_ghrolath4-dbgbv3i.jpg

attachicon.gifscreenshot45_by_ghrolath4-dbgbv2k.jpg

Stage 2: 

attachicon.gifscreenshot47_by_ghrolath4-dbgbv1u.jpg

attachicon.gifscreenshot48_by_ghrolath4-dbgbv1i.jpg

attachicon.gifscreenshot49_by_ghrolath4-dbgbv17.jpg

Stage 3: 

attachicon.gifscreenshot50_by_ghrolath4-dbgbv0q.jpg

attachicon.gifscreenshot51_by_ghrolath4-dbgbv0a.jpg

attachicon.gifscreenshot52_by_ghrolath4-dbgbv49.jpg

Let me know what you guys think!  Keep in mind this is my first 3dmodelling project, so I know that I have room to grow.

How is it coming along?

• 3 weeks later...

Very nice, maybe I would try to make the texture a little transparent.

I thought about that, but I'd rather not see a bald head underneath the full cocoon :P I'll mess around with it on the first stage maybe.

How is it coming along?

It's coming along at a snails pace. Having a fiance and a job that has me for 50 hours a week is seriously slowing my kinky modeling stuff lol. I am committed to it, but it will take time and effort.

• 11 months later...
On 8/10/2017 at 10:20 PM, Ghrolath(blabla77777) said:

I thought about that, but I'd rather not see a bald head underneath the full cocoon :P I'll mess around with it on the first stage maybe.

How is it coming along?

It's coming along at a snails pace. Having a fiance and a job that has me for 50 hours a week is seriously slowing my kinky modeling stuff lol. I am committed to it, but it will take time and effort.

Some progress ?  It's been a long time, but I still hope you will continue.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey all,

Sorry for abandoning this for so long.  Life happened and it got moved to the "I'll get to this eventually" pile.  I ran into a fairly huge roadblock with this project in that 3dsmax no longer gives student licenses out to anyone without proof of college.  All my work was done on 3dsmax, and Blender has proved to be problematic for me at best.  I spent many hours trying to port over what I had, but ran into problem after problem with Blender's workflow and functionality.  I'd still love to get back to my project at some point, but it's tough working 50+ hours and making time for fetish stuff.  

Instead of completely giving up, I actually worked with a professional 3dmodeler named Snadiya(https://www.patreon.com/snadiya/) and commissioned him to produce something really cool, but I can't for the life of me get blender to work with skinning it to a skyrim body.  The issue I am running into is that you have to import a pose animation file to get the body model to be in the right position for skinning, but Blender simply won't allow me to do that no matter what addons I run.   Additionally, the stage 1 model needs a rework because the reference model I sent him had her arms crossed over(my favorite cocoon pose), but the model underneath wouldn't actually have arms so it would look messed up.

I would love to work with some more experienced modelers on here to make this a reality, so hit me up if you want to try.

Thanks,  

EDIT: I want to add that the artist gave me express permission to repost his work.

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

arawork.7z

Edited by Ghrolath(blabla77777)
  • 1 month later...

Holy heck this is freaking stunning??? They did an amazing job with it! Totally get life getting in the way, but your project actually inspired me to start tinkering with blender myself; so while my fingers are crossed that someone knowledgeable comes across this, I'll do some research to see if I can figure out the posing issue!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...