Oblivion won't start, but Steam says the game is 'running'. Can I get some help figuring this out?

So, I'm not really sure how common this error is, but I've recently reinstalled Oblivion on my computer for a modded playthrough, and it won't start or run at all. The weird thing is, is that steam lists the game as 'running' and when I try to open it again a pop up says that the game is already running, so it for some reason is apparently working, but the game doesn't show up at all.

I've installed and played Oblivion on my PC before, so I'm not sure why it's just now that it isn't working properly. I have Windows 10.1 as my OS, and I have a Nvidia GeForce 645 as my graphics card. I know my load order isn't the problem, or at least, I hope not. I've done the following so far

- Sorted my load order using BOSS, and rearranged a few of the Lovers mods manually that it didn't recognise.

- Made a bashed patch using Wrye Bash

- Made a merged patch using TES4edit, which didn't detect any out of order esps when it loaded up.

My load order is attached at the bottom of the post.

LoadOrder_Oblivion_2017-06-01T21-21-26.txt

LoversIdleAnimsPriority.esp=1
LoversAnimObjectsPriority.esp=1

! at the end of your load order or the Lovers  does not work !

But that's not the reason why the game does not start.

When did it stopped to start? ( Don't tell me you have installed all Mods and then started the game the first time)

After you had installed Oblivion and ShiveringIsles did it work? ( Then you test the game the first time, before you install more. All DLCs, then next test. Then 2-3 Mods and test it. ...

etc...)

I have never tried Win10 ( just heard it is shit)
Have you installed the old DirectX files ? ( since Win7 they are not in the default DirectX  installation )

Your game and steam NOT in C:\program files (x86).....

Mods NOT installed with the Nexus Mod manager ?

OBSE, Pluggy, ... installed ?

Game started with OBSE ( or steam with the right settings) ?

NO Lovers Mods in the Bashed Patch or your Merged Patch.esp !!!!
Read my yellow Link below.

^ Thanks for the link, I'll look at it later but right now I want to see if I can get my current copy working. 

Your game and steam NOT in C:\program files (x86).....
Mods NOT installed with the Nexus Mod manager ?
OBSE, Pluggy, ... installed ?
Game started with OBSE ( or steam with the right settings) ?
NO Lovers Mods in the Bashed Patch or your Merged Patch.esp !!!!

Yes. My game and steam are installed outside of C:\program files (x86).

My mods are installed with NMM, but I've gone through ones set up as OMODs and essentially reorganized them into simpler archives that NMM can install since Omods are fiddly as shit.

I have the Steam version of OBSE installed and pretty much all of the necessary script plugins (Pluggy, MenuQue, Blockhead and a few others)

I've been starting the game through steam as the OBSE steam version says to do.

I don't have any Lovers Mods in the bashed patch or my merged patch.

Your base game works? Oblivion and SI ? ( deactivate all other esp/esm in the Mod manager and test it )

Actually, no it doesn't, I just tested it without any mods active. Still does the same thing.

Typically this is from the game doing a soft crash.  Pull up the task menu and make sure oblivion.exe is not running.  If it is, kill it.  Then restart through steam.

Ah okay, I figured that might be the case. Since Oblivion's window hasn't been showing up at all, I've had to kill it by going into task manager and ending Oblivion's process manually. That works, and I try restarting through steam, but the same thing happens regardless.

is rundll32 using way to much ram and cpu when this happens ? if it's check google for  fix rundll32 in win 10

I don't know, but should I apply the fix anyway?

Have you delete your Oblivion ini?

The one in "My documents\my games\Oblivion "  there is also the save folder. Not in ini in your game folder!

Then start the game  only with Oblivion and SI, the game will create a new ini.