Premise
-------
In its early history the Catholic Church was more heavily influenced by women
such as Mary Magdalene. As a result, equality is the norm for Catholics. Women
can hold council positions and lead armies without restriction, and may enter
the clergy. This Church's views on sex evolved in the reverse of its
historical counterpart: lust is a virtue, and chastity is one of the seven
deadly sins.

Whores are held in high esteem, and clergywomen are very likely to be whores.
Incest is accepted as normal, but doesn't have the Zoroastrian divine blood
belief. Concubines are also allowed. Adultery is looked on as generally good
because it shows a woman's desirability, but rulers may choose to discourage it
in their wives to avoid succession problems.

Installation
------------
To install this mod, follow these steps:
1. Open your "Documents" folder.
2. Locate the "Paradox Interactive" folder within your "Documents" folder and open
it.
3. Locate the "Crusader Kings II" folder within the "Paradox Interactive" folder
and open it.
4. Locate the "mod" folder within the "Paradox Interactive" folder and open it.
5. Copy the "Christianity Mod" folder and the "Christianity Mod.mod" file
located in the same folder as this readme to the "mod" folder.

You will now see it in the list of mods when you run Crusader Kings II.

Game Mechanic Changes
---------------------
I greatly reduced the likelyhood of getting the inbred trait, as in real life
the danger of inbreeding comes from harmful recessive traits, which is already
handled by normal inheritable trait mechanics. The remaining low probability
simulates multiple bad recessive traits that wouldn't individually merit a game
trait eventually adding up.

I lowered the age of marriage to 12, as it was in medieval Europe, because I'm
not selling this and therefore don't need to give lip service to Victorian era
beliefs. The age of adulthood for purposes of guardianship and regency ending is
currently set at 16, as the idea of education lasting until 16 is deeply
embedded in the game.

Absolute Cognatic succession law is available for all Catholics, even tribes.
The mod uses custom history files to make about 75% of Catholic titles use
it, while the remaining 25% stick with their original laws. The affected titles
may start with female rulers. Note that West Francia and Lombardy retain their
original rulers and succession laws so as not to interfere with the Charlemagne
events, and Venice and Amalfi are also unaffected because merchant republics are
hardcoded to be ruled by men.

Note that the status of women laws, introduced in Conclave, are redundant
for Catholics who are effectively equivalent to the highest level at all times.
Consequently that law will not be visible for Catholic rulers. The Tolerance
tech level requirements for improving the status of women have been lowered to
reflect the influence of the numerous Catholics.

Compatibility
-------------
This mod requires version 2.7.1 and the expansions other than Sunset
Invasion. It works fine with the Your Personal Castle mod, which is recommended.

The EUIV converter works fine for saves created with this mod.

This mod is not compatible with the CK2 Plus mod as it modifies religion to be
more historical, which is the opposite of what this mod does with religion.

Includes
--------
This mod was inspired by and is derived from nadamod, which in turn uses VIET,
Your Personal Castle, and Duel Engine. Nadamod also used a custom map and a law
mod which are not included here. I've separated out the files from Your Personal
Castle as well--anyone wishing to use that mod should install the regular
released version. As of version 1.6 of this mod I've removed the Duel Engine
files as well. Duel Engine stopped working a while ago, and is no longer being
supported, so the files were just taking up space but not actually getting used.

Known Bugs
----------
* Free investiture is hardcoded to only allow men to be nominated as
successors. This is a known limitation which Paradox will hopefully change.
* Only men can take concubines. This is a hardcoded limitation that I can't do
anything about.
* Some characters are created as adults by the game engine and can't be modded
directly. The event that gives women their curves will trigger for women created
this way eventually, but it can take up to six months. This is for performance
reasons, and I may adjust the frequency later.
* Catholic rulers get the "liege is jain" opinion modifier with their vassals,
which greatly increases realm stability. This is an engine bug that gives the
opinion modifier based on a religion's "pacifist" parameter being set to "yes",
as it is for Catholicism in this mod. In the base game, Jain is the only
pacifist religion.
* A handful of historical female rulers will have wives instead of husbands.
This is a limitation of the current version of the script used to generate new
history files.

View File

Game crashes on loading anybody else getting this? Also whats the CK2history.py file?

Edit: Found the problem it was actually on my end on why it was crashing. But I did find a un-needed closing bracket. History\characters\danish.txt  On line 5972 which was making the closing bracket on line 5994 useless.

[persistent.cpp:40]: Error: "Undefined modifier type! token: regiment_reinforcement_speed, near line: 39" in file: "common/event_modifiers/MZ_event_modifiers.txt"
[persistent.cpp:40]: Error: "Undefined modifier type! token: garrison_growth, near line: 577" in file: "common/event_modifiers/VIET_culture_mechanic_modifiers.txt"
[persistent.cpp:40]: Error: "Unexpected token: if, near line: 1300" in file: "common/opinion_modifiers/00_opinion_modifiers.txt"
[persistent.cpp:40]: Error: "Unexpected token: if, near line: 1309" in file: "common/opinion_modifiers/00_opinion_modifiers.txt"
[persistent.cpp:40]: Error: "Unexpected token: if, near line: 1319" in file: "common/opinion_modifiers/00_opinion_modifiers.txt"
[persistent.cpp:40]: Error: "Unexpected token: if, near line: 1328" in file: "common/opinion_modifiers/00_opinion_modifiers.txt"
[persistent.cpp:40]: Error: "Unexpected token: if, near line: 1337" in file: "common/opinion_modifiers/00_opinion_modifiers.txt"
[persistent.cpp:40]: Error: "Unexpected token: if, near line: 1346" in file: "common/opinion_modifiers/00_opinion_modifiers.txt"
[persistent.cpp:40]: Error: "Unexpected token: if, near line: 1998" in file: "common/opinion_modifiers/00_opinion_modifiers.txt"
[persistent.cpp:40]: Error: "Unexpected token: if, near line: 2020" in file: "common/opinion_modifiers/00_opinion_modifiers.txt"
[persistent.cpp:40]: Error: "Unexpected token: if, near line: 3043" in file: "common/opinion_modifiers/00_opinion_modifiers.txt"
[persistent.cpp:40]: Error: "Unexpected token: if, near line: 3055" in file: "common/opinion_modifiers/00_opinion_modifiers.txt"
[persistent.cpp:40]: Error: "Unexpected token: if, near line: 3066" in file: "common/opinion_modifiers/00_opinion_modifiers.txt"
[persistent.cpp:40]: Error: "Unexpected token: if, near line: 3079" in file: "common/opinion_modifiers/00_opinion_modifiers.txt"
[persistent.cpp:40]: Error: "Unexpected token: if, near line: 3092" in file: "common/opinion_modifiers/00_opinion_modifiers.txt"
[persistent.cpp:40]: Error: "Unexpected token: if, near line: 3105" in file: "common/opinion_modifiers/00_opinion_modifiers.txt"
[persistent.cpp:40]: Error: "Unexpected token: if, near line: 3110" in file: "common/opinion_modifiers/00_opinion_modifiers.txt"
[persistent.cpp:40]: Error: "Unexpected token: if, near line: 3118" in file: "common/opinion_modifiers/00_opinion_modifiers.txt"
[persistent.cpp:40]: Error: "Unexpected token: if, near line: 3123" in file: "common/opinion_modifiers/00_opinion_modifiers.txt"
[persistent.cpp:40]: Error: "Unexpected token: if, near line: 3131" in file: "common/opinion_modifiers/00_opinion_modifiers.txt"
[persistent.cpp:40]: Error: "Unexpected token: if, near line: 3136" in file: "common/opinion_modifiers/00_opinion_modifiers.txt"
[persistent.cpp:40]: Error: "Unexpected token: if, near line: 3161" in file: "common/opinion_modifiers/00_opinion_modifiers.txt"

But I did find a un-needed closing bracket. History\characters\danish.txt  On line 5972 which was making the closing bracket on line 5994 useless.

Well that's embarrassing. I'd actually fixed that just before release, but apparently included the wrong version of the file when I zipped it up. I'll get that fixed.

things for you to do.

Since you've thoughtfully provided clear and unambiguous steps that you'd like me to follow, allow me to be equally clear and unambiguous in my reply:

No!

But I did find a un-needed closing bracket. History\characters\danish.txt  On line 5972 which was making the closing bracket on line 5994 useless.

Okay, I've replaced the bad zip file with one that has the correct version of danish.txt. This is not a new version, since it's just fixing a packaging error.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey I'm getting an issue after a few days run by, I get two blank events that are unskipable. I've tested it without any mods except for this one on and it still happens, what's up with that?

Conflicting mods? try reinstall the mods aka Delte the whole mod then  dowload it again 

Hey I'm getting an issue after a few days run by, I get two blank events that are unskipable. I've tested it without any mods except for this one on and it still happens, what's up with that?

The last time that happened to me was because my version of the game was a bit out of date when the mods I was using were updated. Do you have 1.7.1?

The last time that happened to me was because my version of the game was a bit out of date when the mods I was using were updated. Do you have 1.7.1?

That is indeed a symptom of not having the latest game version. Make sure you've got CK2 2.7.1.

Do you guys have the holy dildo icon not showing just the border frame?

Could you post a screenshot to show what you mean?

That is indeed a symptom of not having the latest game version. Make sure you've got CK2 2.7.1.

Do you guys have the holy dildo icon not showing just the border frame?

Could you post a screenshot to show what you mean?

Cant post a pic right now. So I'll try to describe it more in detail. In your artifact inventory, the holy_dildo and holy_dildo_small gfx dont show up. Just a empty picture frame.

In the christianity-mod folder in your CK2 mods folder, please look in gfx/interface/inventory/artifacts. That folder should have eight files in it. Do you see holy_dildo.dds and holy_dildo_small.dds? 

Yep I do have em. Along with dress and stockings.

Edit: Now what I do see also. Files "artifact background" and "artifact background small" Shouldnt it be "artifact_background" with a underscore instead of a space in between two words? Also other mods have it like this "arti_bg" and "arti_bg_small" 

Edit 2: I tried adding underscores but no change.

Okay, I was able to reproduce this. It turns out that the images are missing on Windows, but show up fine on Macs. I'll look into why this is.

I can view the images outside the game just fine. Only in-game it doesn't work. As if its not looking at christ_treasury.gfx file. But looking at the structure of the code I dont see anything wrong with it. Looks the same as other mods.

Okay, I was able to reproduce this. It turns out that the images are missing on Windows, but show up fine on Macs. I'll look into why this is.

I can view the images outside the game just fine. Only in-game it doesn't work. As if its not looking at christ_treasury.gfx file. But looking at the structure of the code I dont see anything wrong with it. Looks the same as other mods.

The problem appears to be that the app I was using to convert to DDS files produces compressed files (the DDS files in the base game are uncompressed), and the Windows version of the game can't handle compressed files. DDS is a fairly obscure format, and I'm currently looking for something that can produce uncompressed DDS files.

The problem appears to be that the app I was using to convert to DDS files produces compressed files (the DDS files in the base game are uncompressed), and the Windows version of the game can't handle compressed files. DDS is a fairly obscure format, and I'm currently looking for something that can produce uncompressed DDS files.

I just used gimp and made a uncompressed dds file and the image shows up.

https://wiki.nexusmods.com/index.php/DDS_texture_tools

in that link theres a link to a dds plugin that you can use with gimp.

By the way how do you get the dress and other artifacts? Cant find the event or trigger that spawns them.

I just used gimp and made a uncompressed dds file and the image shows up.

https://wiki.nexusmods.com/index.php/DDS_texture_tools

in that link theres a link to a dds plugin that you can use with gimp.

By the way how do you get the dress and other artifacts? Cant find the event or trigger that spawns them.

Yes, that's what I ended up having to do to get a file that Windows CK2 could read.

The other artifacts aren't in the release version of the mod yet. They're meant to replace the character modifiers that you can get from the cloth workshop, but CK2's artifact code still isn't quite up to the task. It's gotten significantly better (I couldn't get them to work at all with 2.7.0 and they almost work with 2.7.1), so hopefully you'll see them in game in another version or two.

Game crashes on loading anybody else getting this? Also whats the CK2history.py file?

Edit: Found the problem it was actually on my end on why it was crashing. But I did find a un-needed closing bracket. History\characters\danish.txt  On line 5972 which was making the closing bracket on line 5994 useless.

Yeah is that py file for anything?

Yeah is that py file for anything?

He never answered that question, but to me it seems left over file from mac version. Looking at it with notepad++ it edits history files. Like giving boob size traits and so on.

I'm the author of that script actually. You don't need it, it's used to incorporate women into world history by editing the history files - but you could run it again with different settings to get a different history. You just need to set the gameLocation line to point at your CK2 folder (or just copy your CK2 folder to desktop) and the new history files will be on your desktop.

Specifically, it makes a given percentage of historical Catholic men into women, their children's mothers into men, gives all women body traits according to the same inheritance rules used in the mod, and makes a given percentage of titles held by Catholic rulers use true cognatic inheritance. If you wanted, you could swap the genders of all Catholics and set all titles to true cognatic with just a couple setting changes.

Although, the one included is bugged and will leave that bracket in danish.txt. If anyone is interested, here is the next version with a few more features, the big one being rewriting the bookmarks to reflect the new name and gender of rulers.

CK2history.zip

It's as MeMe said. I included that file for advanced users who might want to regenerate the history files. For example, the history filesI generated for inclusion in the mod are unchanged for old Frankish characters, so as not to interfere with the scripted stuff for Charlemagne. Someone who never plays from the 769 start and therefore doesn't care about the scripted stuff might wish to regenerate the Frankish characters too.

I'll add an explanatory note to the readme for the next release to avoid confusion.