30 minutes ago, Highborn said:

You get transported or did you fast travel? When I finished Silentwood, at least in the version I played, you would go outside the gate and not immediately to Whiterun. I'd recommend reloading a save before the ending of Silentwood and trying again. If it doesn't work, load a save before you talked with the Thief and try using the skip function in the MCM menu so you can continue the quest. 

I loaded the save and tried again. When I exit the gate, I am automatically transported to Whiterun. The save game button becomes unavailable (as during the scene). And I can’t press wait either (you can’t wait in this location). Time does not move. I can skip the quest, only to Silentwood. Unfortunately, you cannot skip Silentwood itself and start the game from Whiterun.  Mod version 1.6.1.4 LE

Edited by Zergmax
48 minutes ago, Zergmax said:

I loaded the save and tried again. When I exit the gate, I am automatically transported to Whiterun. The save game button becomes unavailable (as during the scene). And I can’t press wait either (you can’t wait in this location). Time does not move. I can skip the quest, only to Silentwood. Unfortunately, you cannot skip Silentwood itself and start the game from Whiterun.  Mod version 1.6.1.4 LE

Instead of exiting the gate, can't you fast travel to Whiterun, instead of the game doing for you? You can enabling saving by typing on console 'setinchargen 0 0 0' . Anyway, I think you should report the problem to Dogma. I played on SE, 1.6.1.2.

On 2/3/2024 at 6:50 PM, loler23rr said:

Hey, my game always crashes when Torgnir stands up to give me the miners clothes. I just see the screen turning black like the scene is about to switch and then it crashes. Is this a known bug? Im playing on the newest version. 

So after deleting all files in SE Thief 1.6.1.4 en (1)\meshes\BD\HH\PlayerClotherAlt it fixed the CTD, only problem now is, that my character expect the head is obviously invisible when I wear such clothes like the minedress because the texture is missing. Am I maybe missing a mod for these costume clothes?

Edited by loler23rr
1 hour ago, loler23rr said:

So after deleting all files in SE Thief 1.6.1.4 en (1)\meshes\BD\HH\PlayerClotherAlt it fixed the CTD, only problem now is, that my character expect the head is obviously invisible when I wear such clothes like the minedress because the texture is missing. Am I maybe missing a mod for these costume clothes?

I don't think so. It should use vanilla assets. I never had a problem with those clothes. But you mentioned Torgnir standing up and a fade to black screen. Until version 1.6.1.2 that I played, you had to go yourself to the wardrbobe and select the clothes. The dressing up animation would play and there was no fade screen. Maybe try disabling the fade option in the MCM menu.

1 hour ago, Highborn said:

I don't think so. It should use vanilla assets. I never had a problem with those clothes. But you mentioned Torgnir standing up and a fade to black screen. Until version 1.6.1.2 that I played, you had to go yourself to the wardrbobe and select the clothes. The dressing up animation would play and there was no fade screen. Maybe try disabling the fade option in the MCM menu.

hm thats so weird. Its definitely these files that caused the crash, because after he gave me the clothes I quicksaved, left the game and put the files back in the folder. Then the game crashed instantly when I loaded into the save game with the minerdress on. That means  since I cant equip clothes from my inventory, I have to walk around invisible now which is kinda annoying, but at least it works :D

Edited by loler23rr
14 minutes ago, Hawkella said:

Does anyone know when the next public release will be ?

No, he talked about the future tasks, but didn't give an estimation, that's what he said by google translate:

"So, soon I’ll switch from debugger mode to developer mode :) And so, my work plan for now is as follows: first I’ll finish the main plot so that the basic design of Silent Forest is completely ready, without any gaps between Whiterun. When this is ready, it will be more clear to me how best to implement alternative routes for passing Korst and Rangela, and then I will implement them too. We will also need to think more about how to leave the opportunity to return to Silent Forest. This is actually such a very difficult task, and so far I don’t even know how exactly I will solve it, but it needs to be done, since some characters will participate in the pregnancy quest. When all this is ready, the update can be considered complete, we will test it for some time, after which I will make a public release. Well, after that, I’ll start working on the extended version, which will include all the other content planned for Silent Forest. From the main: a branch of the House of the Keepers of Knowledge (Dwemer ruins) and a tree house."

I think everything, including the extended version could be finished until the middle of this year. But seems like he will release updates fractioned, so in a few months we might start getting an update.

2 hours ago, Kaditor said:

Does anyone know how to fix clothes in the SE version?
This happens with clothes from SilentWood and I have also seen the same boots without textures.

Screenshot 2024-02-07 162212.png

Are you using a mod that changes vanilla clothes? Because I didn't see this outfit in my game, only had the normal ragged clothes during the trial. If you open any outfit .nif with nifskope you can look for the texture path by clicking on the mesh > BSTriShape > BSLightingShaderProperty> BShaderTextureSet. Then look for the texture folder and see if you are missing a file or if there is some mispelling. 

5 hours ago, Highborn said:

Are you using a mod that changes vanilla clothes? Because I didn't see this outfit in my game, only had the normal ragged clothes during the trial. If you open any outfit .nif with nifskope you can look for the texture path by clicking on the mesh > BSTriShape > BSLightingShaderProperty> BShaderTextureSet. Then look for the texture folder and see if you are missing a file or if there is some mispelling. 

Thanks for the answer !
Turns out I'm just stupid :D
I should have just deleted the mashes in the overwrite folder.

I want to ask a question about loading order 

1. before or after MFG console?

2. before or after sexlab?

3. before or after SOS?

4. before or after XP32?

4. before or after XP32?

5. before or after ultimate combat?

thank you!

On 2/6/2024 at 1:11 AM, Highborn said:

You should go after 10 pm, and using vanilla waiting menu caused issues for me, like the quest not properly recognizing the passing of time. Better to not use it, if you did it, and just do other stuff while the time passes.

Appreciate the reply! Unfortunately I am still having no luck in getting the patto content. I tried reloading back to the very first day and didn't use the wait menu and Ondy was still telling me to come back after dinner, even though it was past 10pm. 

18 hours ago, Wilsonng said:

I want to ask a question about loading order 

1. before or after MFG console?

2. before or after sexlab?

3. before or after SOS?

4. before or after XP32?

4. before or after XP32?

5. before or after ultimate combat?

thank you!

You can load after all these mods.

I recommend using a new and separate save for this. And deactivate some city overhaul mods in Falkreath, Solitude, The Winking Skeever, especially, it can cause incompatibilities with some scenes. 

And yeah, the mod is pretty fun. The best quest mod made for Skyrim imo.

7 hours ago, Savannahyoung2014 said:

Appreciate the reply! Unfortunately I am still having no luck in getting the patto content. I tried reloading back to the very first day and didn't use the wait menu and Ondy was still telling me to come back after dinner, even though it was past 10pm. 

Did you have all the right dialogue with her? Catching a fish first, telling her you having bad luck because of only getting small fish, she tells about Patto and propose the bath thing? You need to go and knock to her door at night, do not go directly to the bath house.

5 hours ago, Kaditor said:

I have a couple of questions...
Where is Liorel's room?

His room is in Candlehearth Hall, in the end of the corridor that has the vanilla guest room. If you're not seeing the door, you might have some mod that makes changes to Candlehearth Hall cell that is blocking or changing the door position.

Hey, so I reinstalled Skyrim SE for the first time in a while to try the update but am getting an error saying "you are using a newer version of skyrim than this version of SKSE64 supports".

Both SKSE and skyrim are the most up-to-date versions, so what could be the issue?

55 minutes ago, Zergmax said:

Does anyone have an updated walkthrough after Falkreath?

Look for @brewmasterhal signature, he made an walkthrough until the end of main quest in his FAQ. In my signature you can find the rest of the walkthrough, for the Falkreath alternative branch and Silentwood

12 minutes ago, Tisr99099 said:

Hey, so I reinstalled Skyrim SE for the first time in a while to try the update but am getting an error saying "you are using a newer version of skyrim than this version of SKSE64 supports".

Both SKSE and skyrim are the most up-to-date versions, so what could be the issue?

Not sure if this error is related to this thread, but Thief is recommended to be played on version 1.5.97

I have problem with Forstaag and Garding, after having one scene Forstaag and completing all tasks they are still resting near Crypt (zero day). I am sure they are resting more than one hour.

I have tried to moveto them into the place and kind of worked, animation of waving played but he did not come. In some walkthrough was mentioned it is possible to skip waiting to evening this way.

I used to play in SE 1.5.97  but after switching to AE 1.6.640 for some reason it has been more stable. 1.6.640 also has most of 1.5.97 mods and it also has its own set of mods that no other versions have because it stayed as the latest version for 1 year plus. 

Anyway I play Thief 1.6.1.4 without issues on 1.6.640. There's only a few things to keep in mind no matter which version of Skyrim you have.

1. Use a load order with the bare minimum amount of scripted mods. or mods that modify the landscape. Thief is the most script heavy mod in Skyrim and other mods interfere with it.

To improve your gaming experience... these mods in addition to the original requirements to ensure all the scripts run smoother:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/106441 - Because of the ESL update to 4096 in the latest update... this mod is now a must.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/77779 - This mod helps with script heavy mods. After installing go to the SKSE/Plugins/PapyrusTweaks.ini and change iMaxOpsPerFrame = 2000 (default is 500). Also scroll down to experimental and set bSpeedUpNativeCalls = true , bIgnoreMemoryLimit = true

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/51073

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/22854- These 2 wouldn't hurt either.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/50129 -CPU Affinity

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/94636- MO2 plug-in for the prior mod

Hope it helps.

Regarding the bath-house 

Spoiler

I receive a bath-house ticket and enter. Aenar, his wife, and the two guys are in there. Everything proceeds normally. Towards the end the two guys are trying to peek in on Aenar and his Wife having sex, and Aenar opens up the door catching them. He asks what they are doing and they reply "I slipped", then they all rinse and leave the bath-house. When are you supposed to tell Aenar what they were up to?

On 2/10/2024 at 3:01 PM, Tisr99099 said:

Ah, so could a downgrader mod possibly work?

There is a downgrade patch on Nexus that works.

21 hours ago, darthradik said:

Regarding the bath-house 

Hide contents

I receive a bath-house ticket and enter. Aenar, his wife, and the two guys are in there. Everything proceeds normally. Towards the end the two guys are trying to peek in on Aenar and his Wife having sex, and Aenar opens up the door catching them. He asks what they are doing and they reply "I slipped", then they all rinse and leave the bath-house. When are you supposed to tell Aenar what they were up to?

I think you can only tell him during the dialogue prompt when he finds you. If you decide to play along, I don't think you can tell him later.