View File

The Other Need

Features

- Simulates need for sexual activity.

- Effects manifest depending on percentage of need met.
Effect types and magnitudes are customizable.
Option for positve bonus effects when need is fully met.

- Choice of act(s) that satisies sexual need:
sex, rape, being raped, masturbation. Satisfied only by sex with virgins is also an option.

- (Optional) peace after an act, which temporarily pauses need and effects neither improve nor worsen.

- (Optional) cooldown after act that must elapse before more need can be satisfied.

- (Optional) Mate or Die! In "Pon Farr" mode, player dies when need met is zero (timer runs out).

Requirements
LAPF
(Recommended) HUD Status Bars (Enhanced)
HSB/HSBE Sample:

set tnoHSB.hud_val to sv_Construct "xLoversNeed.fNeedPer" ; Use the #/## "optimalization" as desiredset tnoHSB.hud_max to sv_Construct "100"set tnoHSB.hud_min to sv_Construct "0"

Credits/Thanks
Maskar
Comrade Fienyx
Schmendrick
rylasasin
Donkey
Contributors of LoversSatisfaction, Aphrodisia Realism Edition, Lovers with pk extender that I may have missed

Version History
[1.0]
- feature: effect customization

[0.1]
- initial release

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    04/01/2017
  • Category
  • Requires
    LAPF

LoversNeed 0.1

Mod inspired by "Basic Primary Needs" (Maskar) and based off LoversSatisfaction (Shmendrick/Comrade Fienyx), whose predecessors include "Aphrodisia" and "Lovers with PK extender". This is yet another mod that introduces a timer to incentivize sexual acts in the game. However, no minigames nor skills are introduced. It's pretty much keep your *need* met or else start feeling the effects of not doing so. Currently, the effects are pretty much limited to loss of personality and intelligence. However, for those up to a challenge and believe their pointed-ear "elf" characters may have Vulcan blood there is "Pon farr" mode. After the timer runs out when "Pon farr" is active, your character DIES!

Instead of all these negative effects, I would be add animation,  loss of consciousness:

{{{

set i to Actor.GetActorValueC 10
if i>0
Let i:=i*(-1.33)
Actor.ModActorValueC 10 i
endif

}}}

, an indecent  signs from companions, etc.

Instead of all these negative effects, I would be add animation,  loss of consciousness:

Yeah, definitely.

I am looking into alternatives for future release(s).  I wasn't sure how ModActorValueC worked in the case of mod is removed.  Does it go back to normal?  I'll do some tests.  LOC is done in "Basic Primary Needs" so I may not repeat that effect.  Not quite sure what you mean by "indecent  signs from companions".

Thanks for the feedback. ;)

Yeah, definitely.

I am looking into alternatives for future release(s).  I wasn't sure how ModActorValueC worked in the case of mod is removed.  Does it go back to normal?  I'll do some tests.  LOC is done in "Basic Primary Needs" so I may not repeat that effect.  Not quite sure what you mean by "indecent  signs from companions".

Thanks for the feedback. ;)

1/worked, actor recovers himself without scripts 

2/Indecent gestures like that

c2ca0c72aee63a8c51123a09e2121816.jpg 06f74cff714942ee977783529380b657.jpg

I can make some simple ones.

I really appreciate the offer. Seriously.  However, please don't trouble yourself over this mod.  I don't know if I want to go that direction yet.  I want to keep it limited to stat changes for now. Thank you, again.

• 2 weeks later...

LoversNeed 1.0

- Effect Customization

Attribute/Skill/Weakness effects can now be customized to your desire. You can set a start point when the effect kicks in. This allows some effects to start later when need met is very low. Each effect can have its own cap on maximum stat loss. Also, each effect you make has an option to have a positive bonus effect when need is fully met.

• 1 month later...

After using the mod for a while I started to notice that my stats weren't being relieved even after sex. By the time I actually noticed this my Imperial characters Personality was 12 and my Int was 3. I basically had to guesstimate what they would be at my level and set them back with CC. This might be an issue on my end only but I can't actually use plugin as a result. I've ruled out most things that would make sense to somebody who isn't exceptionally experienced with how the game works to see if I could fix it but it's not really that easy to bug test since it only happens occasionally. Anyway I just wanted to bring this up in case anybody else was getting it.

• 2 weeks later...

I basically had to guesstimate what they would be at my level and set them back with CC. This might be an issue on my end only but I can't actually use plugin as a result.

That really shouldn't be the case or necessary.  I was fairly sure at the time of making this that stats weren't permanently affected.  The stats in the mod are not directly changed.  Instead a spell is added to your inventory that has variable magic effects.  In fact the stats should appear in the active effects in the magic menu.  If the stats you're seeing unchanged aren't listed there, then I'm more inclined to say it isn't this mod.  However, it is certainly possible (due to a bug), that the effects listed there aren't being removed after the appropriate sex act.  In either case, I highly recommend not using the command console to correct stats from this mod.  Try uninstalling and doing a clean save without it.  That would remove the spell with magic effects.

You are sure you weren't within the cooldown period during the sex act?  Stats won't improve until this window of time passes.

If you've customized the ini, could you post it.

(I apologize for the late reply.  My Oblivion activity has really dropped)

• 2 months later...

I basically had to guesstimate what they would be at my level and set them back with CC. This might be an issue on my end only but I can't actually use plugin as a result.

That really shouldn't be the case or necessary.  I was fairly sure at the time of making this that stats weren't permanently affected.  The stats in the mod are not directly changed.  Instead a spell is added to your inventory that has variable magic effects.  In fact the stats should appear in the active effects in the magic menu.  If the stats you're seeing unchanged aren't listed there, then I'm more inclined to say it isn't this mod.  However, it is certainly possible (due to a bug), that the effects listed there aren't being removed after the appropriate sex act.  In either case, I highly recommend not using the command console to correct stats from this mod.  Try uninstalling and doing a clean save without it.  That would remove the spell with magic effects.

You are sure you weren't within the cooldown period during the sex act?  Stats won't improve until this window of time passes.

If you've customized the ini, could you post it.

(I apologize for the late reply.  My Oblivion activity has really dropped)

Sorry for the late reply. I can't imagine how the mod wasn't partially responsible since only the stats that get reduced as a result of the penalty were refusing to move to their original state. That being said I can't really say that it was Loversneed that directly made that happen. At the time I had so many mods going (most not even that well) it's more than possible something could have occurred that pushed the stats to a state of permanence. I genuinely couldn't even guess because I had over 250 mods running at once. And since the last save without the mod installed was over 12 hours ago I didn't feel inclined to do anything BUT change them through console. If I had to guess I'de say Loversneed on its own had nothing to do with my issue. I might try it again someday and see if I could replicate the situation but I doubt it since I made a clean install and I'm more aware of what I'm doing this time. 

• 1 month later...

Could someone paste the change they made to the "Hud Status Bars.ini" in order to display this? I copied the stuff in the spoiler, but I didn't see any kind of in-game effect from it. :x

... I'm a bit new to setting stuff up with .ini files. x3 Could someone also tell me how to pick whether Default (1) or Default (2) is used?

• 4 months later...
On 10/22/2017 at 6:54 AM, shar181 said:

Could someone paste the change they made to the "Hud Status Bars.ini" in order to display this? I copied the stuff in the spoiler, but I didn't see any kind of in-game effect from it. :x

... I'm a bit new to setting stuff up with .ini files. x3 Could someone also tell me how to pick whether Default (1) or Default (2) is used?

This is what I have, hope it works.

set tnoHSB.hud_val to sv_Construct        "xLoversNeed.fNeedPer"
    set tnoHSB.hud_color to sv_Construct        "HUDcolorPink"
    set tnoHSB.hud_max to sv_Construct        "0"
    set tnoHSB.hud_min to sv_Construct        "100"
    set tnoHSB.hud_x to                 HUDdefault                                       
    set tnoHSB.hud_y to                15
    set tnoHSB.hud_size to                68
    set tnoHSB.hud_name to sv_Construct        "Lust: "
    set tnoHSB.hud_textDisplay to            HUDtxtPercent
    set tnoHSB.hud_textColor to sv_Construct    "tnoHSB.color"
    set tnoHSB.hud_textPos_x to             HUDtxtLeft
    set tnoHSB.hud_textPos_y to             HUDtxtCenter
    set tnoHSB.hud_textSize to             13
    set tnoHSB.hud_textShadowColor to sv_Construct     "HUDcolorBlack"
    set tnoHSB.hud_textType to             HUDfontKingthings
    setStage tnoHSB 10

for default 1 and 2, they are both used. You can add more effects by copying and pasting the block and changing the variables as detailed in the LoversNeed.ini, and you can remove effects by deleting blocks.

Sorry for the late reply.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

Is this mod finished and working as intended?

If so, would it be possible to integrate it into Basic Primary Needs? That would be really cool.

Also would it be possible to make it so if the pc sex need is really high, he might rape npc that is close by? So you need to get it over with before you got arrested by a guard for rapeing some innocent citicen.

• 2 years later...

I find the Luck stat is the best one to have buffed/nerfed by sex/lack of sex with this mod. Luck in Oblivion has a slight impact on almost all calculations for incoming and outgoing damage, so a buff to it just makes you very slightly better at everything, and a nerf conversely makes you very slightly worse. I think this makes it an ideal stat for simulating the impacts of sex or lack of, your character is literally "getting lucky" when you get laid and is just a little bit better for it.

This is the config I've been using, Id recommend it to anyone considering the mod, its been good fun:

; -------
;Custom effects - Luck
;Custom(1) Luck
set xLoversNeedInit.svActorVal to sv_construct "Luck"    ;[Luck] effect type
set xLoversNeedInit.fMaxLoss to 75         ;[75] Max percentage of stat loss (e.g. 75 => up to 75% of stat can be drained)
set xLoversNeedInit.fStartNeed to 100      ;[100] Stat loss is in effect when *need* met is less than this percentage.
set xLoversNeedInit.fBoost to 20           ;[20] stat bonus when *need* is 100% met, expressed as a percentage of base stat
setstage xLoversNeedInit 10                ;IMPORTANT: Required at the end of every effect block.