NetImmerse Override Cleaner (SKSE Co-Save Cleaner Utility)

Can someone please help me. Whenever I use this and load a save I get an error saying

"The NetImmerse Override section seems to be damaged. Aborting loading."Ā 

No matter what save I load this always occurs. What am I doing wrong?

Ā 

The current version of the program can give you false message about damaged NetImmerse Override section if there is no data in it (i.e only header and section ending's bytes). I missed out on this bug at the time of the development. Nothing to worry about.

However, on some rare occasions the section may indeed be damaged. If you want to be 100% sure what's going on in those saves, I suggest you post one of them here. I will take a look at it in a hex editor.

I analysed your save file and apparently NIOverride data had slightly different structure than usually (I did not take it into consideration back then when the program was being developed).

Anyway, I've uploaded a new version which fixes that issue. You should now be able to open and clean any SKSE save files properly.

• 1 year later...

I am not sure if IronBrother8800 is still maintaining this tool, but did anyone have it work in SE and latest SKSE64 (2.0.10)? All I get is this:

---------------------------
NIOV not found
The NetImmerse Override section was not found in the provided save file.
OK   

Ā 

IronBrother8800Ā if you are still here, I am attaching my cosave so you can have a look at it.

Ā 

Save2_01EF5C4D_0_507269736F6E6572_QASmoke_000003_20181107044804_1_1.skse

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I tried this on all my current saves (I only have 10 or so at the moment) and it shaves off 0.05kb of space on all of them, yet I still have 10 second quicksaves and manual saves. My SKSE save files are still basically around the 30,000 mark. I'm guessing NetImmerse Override is not the issue I'm experiencing?

5 minutes ago, Thallanar1170 said:

I tried this on all my current saves (I only have 10 or so at the moment) and it shaves off 0.05kb of space on all of them, yet I still have 10 second quicksaves and manual saves. My SKSE save files are still basically around the 30,000 mark. I'm guessing NetImmerse Override is not the issue I'm experiencing?

What are you experiencing?

My quicksave.ess is 20.8MB and the .skse is 814KB

% of whole file is 0.7

Ā 

My PC is level 70-odd and about 194 hours old.

20 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

What are you experiencing?

My quicksave.ess is 20.8MB and the .skse is 814KB

% of whole file is 0.7

Ā 

My PC is level 70-odd and about 194 hours old.

My quicksave is 15,652KB and the .skse is 29,370KB

% of whole file is 0%

Quicksave and manual save times are still about 10 seconds each. Using this tool it only cleans 0.05KB, which doesn't seem right.

5 minutes ago, Thallanar1170 said:

My quicksave is 15,652KB and the .skse is 29,370KB

% of whole file is 0%

Quicksave and manual save times are still about 10 seconds each. Using this tool it only cleans 0.05KB, which doesn't seem right.

It can't clean what's not there. If % of whole file is 0 then there is nothing wrong. I don't bother using this tool unless that percentage starts getting to 20%. It should stay around the same mark and only change if something else is going on. Mine has been 6% or 7% all game.

Lots of things can affect load times, eg. your ENB, the size of the cell you are loading into.

Ā 

If it's not broke don't fix it.

You guys have it good.. My player character is about lvl 51 or 52. Almost 1,000 hours into this playthrough (I like to take my time)Ā 

My quicksave is 62,726kb
My SKSE save is only 3,955kb

Takes about 5 secs for my game to save but that's probably because my PC is high end

• 7 months later...

so i finally switched from Legendary edition to Special edition and everything is working great. But i like to use a program to generate Bodygen files... and this program was a must have in order to see the changes actually work without having to find the follower again. Any chance this works on SSE or can be ported? my experience with it says its not compatible

Ā 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Saved my game, "literally," get it? Thank you so much, could not understand why it was taking 30secs to 1min to save the game. This worked perfectly to correct that. I am very appreciative for it. Be safe during these times!

• 3 months later...

Found trick to use this tool in Skyrim Special Edition.
Ā 

Tool problem: Search "VOIN" to find start of NIOV data. It no find. In SSE tool need search for "EEKS". This new key for NIOV data start in Skyrim SE.
Ā 

Solution:

1. Have backup.
  2. Open .skse cosave in text edit. Search "EEKS" with capitals. Replace with "VOIN". Save.
  3. Open tool. It find NIOV data this moment. Use tool.
  4. New open .skse cosave in text edit. Search "VOIN". Replace with "EEKS". Save.
  5. Done.

It do clear NIOV data. However tool also clear those in "Excluded actor" list including player. Probably dangerous to do these step. Maybe tool delete other data in cosave it should not?

Ā 

39 minutes ago, kaxat said:

Found trick to use this tool in Skyrim Special Edition.
Ā 

Tool problem: Search "VOIN" to find start of NIOV data. It no find. In SSE tool need search for "EEKS". This new key for NIOV data start in Skyrim SE.

Solution:

1. Have backup.
  2. Open .skse cosave in text edit. Search "EESK" with capitals. Replace with "VOIN". Save.
  3. Open tool. It find NIOV data this moment. Use tool.
  4. New open .skse cosave in text edit. Search "VOIN". Replace with "EEKS". Save.
  5. Done.

It do clear NIOV data. However tool also clear those in "Excluded actor" list including player. Probably dangerous to do these step. Maybe tool delete other data in cosave it should not?

Ā 

Ā 

Does the tool still say that the actor was excluded after cleaning, or does it fail to find it at all?

Ā 

I'm currently testing my modification to the cleaner to make it work with SSE saves, so it would be useful to know if manually editing the file broke something.

1 hour ago, Creek191 said:

Ā 

Does the tool still say that the actor was excluded after cleaning, or does it fail to find it at all?

Ā 

I'm currently testing my modification to the cleaner to make it work with SSE saves, so it would be useful to know if manually editing the file broke something.

It say "Found and excluded 1 out of 1 actor" when I specify only player exclude. However when loading game it obvious that player RaceMenu setting have reset. Player actor not truly excluded.

I not understand cosave format enough to know more. I try decompile tool using DotPeek. See it search for "VOIN" to find start of data section. Search for VOIN myself but no see. Open Oldrim cosave from this thread. Then I see VOIN. Notice similar pattern in both file but with different "EEKS" start key. Try swapping start key. Tool now find data and calculate size.

Ā 

Tool remove some data. I verify with diffcheck.Ā  Most data change come many bytes lower in file. I think section I modify is header definition. Actual data stored lower in file.

1 hour ago, Creek191 said:

Ā 

Ā 

Ignore last. I make mistake in test. Accident change back to "EESK" instead of "EEKS". This hide all NIOV data from game. After correct mistake player ignored as tool say. NIOV data seem to clear. Player RaceMenu setting stay same.

It possible only one change need be made in tool. Change key search from VOIN to EEKS. Maybe work? More test needing.

If you follow first guide I post it work. If you fail to follow guide like me it no work.

23 minutes ago, kaxat said:

Ignore last. I make mistake in test. Accident change back to "EESK" instead of "EEKS". This hide all NIOV data from game. After correct mistake player ignored as tool say. NIOV data seem to clear. Player RaceMenu setting stay same.

It possible only one change need be made in tool. Change key search from VOIN to EEKS. Maybe work? More test needing.

If you follow first guide I post it work. If you fail to follow guide like me it no work.

Alright, from what I can tell, editing only that part of the cleaner won't be enough.

In at least one of my saves my RaceMenu settings are still removed.

Ā 

After looking a bit closer at the co-save, it actually does look like the data is split into multiple sections.

I'm looking into changing the cleaner to keep all sections for a character now.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...