The general WIP thread for animators.

Guest Redabyss

I need a bit of help- I'm very new to this but I got the animation and whatnot mostly down. The only issue I have, I think, is with the xml file for a wickedwhims animation. I'm unsure of what actor_id is or what the numbers mean. 

Edit: Also, say we have a teasing anim for just your main sim and that sim alone, how is that set up? 

I think I figured out the above. But I can't get it to show up. I'm hoping someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong.

S4_7DF2169C_00000000_4E2E9CFAC8280302.xml I think it has to do with my xml file

Figured it out! Had deleted the ending bit at the end of the xml file. Whoops.

Having some more trouble. Tried adding another animation and it won't show up.

I've got these if anyone wants to take a look.

Hey!

Didn't have a chance to look yet but the process is a lot simpler than the first time,

Create your package in s4studio like before and set the values,

Open your package in s4pe and name the clip files and save, then export to file,

Open your existing package and import the files you just extracted and save,

Now click one of the STBL files (any one will do) and export to file,

Open DP STBL editor and open the STBL file,

Right click on the previous animation and insert line,

Then generate your animation name,

Then click file and export to all languages,

You can then import these newly created stbl files to the package in s4pe or drag/drop them,

Then save,

As for the XML,

Just simply copy/paste the info from the previous animation in the space underneath and edit the lines to suit as before :)

There's a red line that will run from the top to the bottom of the page on the left side of you've done it correctly :) and save.

Then back in s4pe, find XML in the list (top or bottom) right click on it and choose replace and select your updated XML

And save, then cross fingers :P

Good luck :D

Having some more trouble. Tried adding another animation and it won't show up.

I've got these if anyone wants to take a look.

Hey!

Didn't have a chance to look yet but the process is a lot simpler than the first time,

Create your package in s4studio like before and set the values,

Open your package in s4pe and name the clip files and save, then export to file,

Open your existing package and import the files you just extracted and save,

Now click one of the STBL files (any one will do) and export to file,

Open DP STBL editor and open the STBL file,

Right click on the previous animation and insert line,

Then generate your animation name,

Then click file and export to all languages,

You can then import these newly created stbl files to the package in s4pe or drag/drop them,

Then save,

As for the XML,

Just simply copy/paste the info from the previous animation in the space underneath and edit the lines to suit as before :)

There's a red line that will run from the top to the bottom of the page on the left side of you've done it correctly :) and save.

Then back in s4pe, find XML in the list (top or bottom) right click on it and choose replace and select your updated XML

And save, then cross fingers :P

Good luck :D

I did not know that, thanks :)

Unfortunately, I can't get the animation to show up in the wicked menu. I'm sure it's to do with my xml file.

I've got it updated with the correct stbl bits, but I have no idea what else could be wrong with it

S4_7DF2169C_00000000_4E2E9CFAC8280302.xml

Guest Redabyss

<T n="receiving_actor_cum_layers">CHEST/T>

This part, the tag at the end is not closed.

Gah! I spent literal hours trying to figure that out. 

Thanks, I really appreciate it :)

No problem :) next time use color as well as a clue to figure out what's wrong. A wrong tag should be completely black.

No problem :) next time use color as well as a clue to figure out what's wrong. A wrong tag should be completely black.

Didn't know that one!

Ya learn something new everyday here :lol:

I can't even figure out how to do that D:

I can't even figure out how to do that D:

I think (at my noob what level) Red is saying is that...

The lines and tags in the XML document are coloured different as they all relate to various aspects of the code,

Something blue if altered will turn black,

Correcting it will change it back to blue

Guest Redabyss

Exactly :) color is a visual clue.

See? This one jumps at the eye because the color is different.

Yep, I just mean, I don't know how to change the color >.>

It automatically change to the correct one once the tag is properly closed :)

Exactly :) color is a visual clue.

See? This one jumps at the eye because the color is different.

Yep, I just mean, I don't know how to change the color >.>

It automatically change to the correct one once the tag is properly closed :)

Just replace the "<" and it will turn blue! :)

I've moved on to more than one actor and I've got a question before I try and finish it up. I know in the tutorials that you're to delete one of the rigs for each save file. I've noticed however, that one of my actors has no keyframes on his rig. Will that be okay when I delete the other one for his blend file? The video on the tutorial looked like it had the keyframes, so I'm a bit iffy on it. If it is an issue, how do I go about copying it over because the obvious ways (copy/paste) seem to have no affect.

Edit: Also, is there a way to make the animations seem smoother/better. I've seen some of Amra72's and the like, and it looks so good, but I can't think of how to make the rigs move that way.

Edit 2: I'm having a legit issue now. The second actor will not move no matter what. I can change his pose but he stays in that pose, even if I had keyframes and change it, he'll just stick in the second pose. I exited and reopened and that matter resolved itself.

I've moved on to more than one actor and I've got a question before I try and finish it up. I know in the tutorials that you're to delete one of the rigs for each save file. I've noticed however, that one of my actors has no keyframes on his rig. Will that be okay when I delete the other one for his blend file? The video on the tutorial looked like it had the keyframes, so I'm a bit iffy on it. If it is an issue, how do I go about copying it over because the obvious ways (copy/paste) seem to have no affect.

Edit: Also, is there a way to make the animations seem smoother/better. I've seen some of Amra72's and the like, and it looks so good, but I can't think of how to make the rigs move that way.

Edit 2: I'm having a legit issue now. The second actor will not move no matter what. I can change his pose but he stays in that pose, even if I had keyframes and change it, he'll just stick in the second pose. I exited and reopened and that matter resolved itself.

If you deleted an actor, click on any bone from the other rig and they should appear,

If they don't then you may have not set them, also be sure that the second rig is not still set to object mode,

As for smoothness/quality, it'll come with practice and experience :)

Edit 2: I'm having a legit issue now. The second actor will not move no matter what. I can change his pose but he stays in that pose, even if I had keyframes and change it, he'll just stick in the second pose. I exited and reopened and that matter resolved itself.

If you deleted an actor, click on any bone from the other rig and they should appear,

If they don't then you may have not set them, also be sure that the second rig is not still set to object mode,

One more question, if you don't mind. About what average length should the duration be in blender itself? At the moment it's around the 350 mark, but I think I read another poster saying their's was 2000 or so.

One more question, if you don't mind. About what average length should the duration be in blender itself? At the moment it's around the 350 mark, but I think I read another poster saying their's was 2000 or so.

As far as I know, the animation duration between XML and Blender is independent one another.

If you have the XML duration shorter than Blender duration, WW will wait until the animation is finished then jump to the next action.

If you have the Blender duration shorter than XML duration, the animation get looped until XML duration run out.

The length of your animation in Blender is whatever you want it to be and depends what you're going for :)

My animations vary in length,

My shortest around 200 frames, longest was 980 I think :)

Also, Ogah is correct about the XML portion of your query and I couldn't have put it better :D

So I made a few animations that are supposed to progress from the first to climax. I noticed in the second of the three, their bodies are offset. In fact some of the animation is distorted (instead of going in, for example, it goes up and down.)

So I made a few animations that are supposed to progress from the first to climax. I noticed in the second of the three, their bodies are offset. In fact some of the animation is distorted (instead of going in, for example, it goes up and down.)

It'll help if you can post a gif or vid to better understand the up/down issue :)

As for the offset, it's possible that you may have move the rig in object mode before changing the setting to pose mode,

Doing so will move the ROOT out of place,

If you switch the offending rig back into object mode, then move the rig back to its default position, watch the orange dot in the centre of the window,

Then switch to pose mode and reset to the desired location :)

It'll help if you can post a gif or vid to better understand the up/down issue :)

As for the offset, it's possible that you may have move the rig in object mode before changing the setting to pose mode,

If you switch the offending rig back into object mode, then move the rig back to its default position, watch the orange dot in the centre of the window,

Well, I messed with the root bit and I may have found the problem? But now it's gone and messed up my animation and it's taking a good minute to put everything back in place.

Well, I messed with the root bit and I may have found the problem? But now it's gone and messed up my animation and it's taking a good minute to put everything back in place.

As I mentioned, it will need to be reset ;)

Better than starting over.... Or the long way round that I took the first time round :lol:

Better than starting over.... Or the long way round that I took the first time round :lol:

I think I'll end up just starting over, I'm not satisfied with the end result anyway :P

One more question- when you're making multiple animations with more than one actor, how do you set it up in the xml to go to the next animation? Do you just put in the name of the actor for the second animation?

I think I'll end up just starting over, I'm not satisfied with the end result anyway :P

One more question- when you're making multiple animations with more than one actor, how do you set it up in the xml to go to the next animation? Do you just put in the name of the actor for the second animation?

You will need to copy/paste the paragraph for each actor :)