The general WIP thread for animators.

Guest Redabyss

i tried rotating the jaw .. still no mouth movements.. 

they just keep having expressionless sex. 

is there anything particular i have to do to the jaw? rotation is fine right? 

and a lot of movements in blender are missing in-game

is this normal? 

attachicon.gif3b4.png

PS: CAN I DROP ONE OF MY ANIMS HERE? WILL ANY OF YOU JUST CHECK IF THE NAME COMES UP IN YOUR GAME (in case it's something wrong with my game version or something)

Hey Bioaddict I don't know if this helps ( I have only one complete animation) but have you seen section 6. 'Adding Lips Movement Suppression Event (unlock mouth bones)' of this tutorial by Turbodriver : http://wickedwhims.tumblr.com/post/149709686841/adding-events-to-animations

yeah, i did that.. it's the 'clip event censor' event right? i did add that. lips move.. kinda.. but the mouth doesn't open and close.. which is important for my animation.

in the clip event section i found a couple of events that looks helpful.. does anyone have any idea about these

attachicon.gifdone.png

don't know how to use these.. or if i should use these.

Also my animation name doesn't show up.. in the WW mod in-game. 

i'm adding my bedhumping anim here

attachicon.gifww_lesbian_bedhumping.rar

.. its the best one i've done so far.. if you [ANYONE]  got time just check if the name shows up in the game.. also critiques are welcome. 

The name shows up well enough. The clipping needs to be corrected along with the position where the strap on should be.

attachicon.gif399393.jpgattachicon.gifinsta112.gifattachicon.gifinsta113.gif

thanks a lot zheur for troubleshooting the clip.  :shy:  :shy:  

the name is probably only an issue with my game version or something.. glad to know it works in your game. 

i will try to fix the strap on position.. i'm more concerned about the mouth animations.. i will give it one more go.. 

this is the blender render of that animation clip

post-1630689-0-91592100-1497810322_thumb.gif

see how different it looks to your gif

will be publishing all my anims 2mrw.

post-1630689-0-89578900-1497809874_thumb.gif

Hey there!

Looks nice, I think in future if you have trouble to have the strap on line up nicely, use the male rig as it has the penis,

You can still use it with a female in game

Couldn't tell you what's up with the missing text but hope you solve it :)

With animations around the mouth area,

The bones marked CAS will not show in the game as they are CAS related and for building sims faces, it's the same issue for the bones in the breasts,

You can use anything marked b_

for example b_jaw will open the mouth and you can animate the lips too,

It's easier to grab these bones rather than rotate them by pressing "g"

For your current animation you'll have to try reset the mouth as best you can to a default position, then redo it but starting with b_jaw, then the lips,

Remember no bones marked CAS will show :)

The bones marked CAS will not show in the game as they are CAS related and for building sims faces, it's the same issue for the bones in the breasts,

For your current animation you'll have to try reset the mouth as best you can to a default position, then redo it but starting with b_jaw, then the lips,

thank you... i did not know that.. i'll posting these today anyway.. it's too much work to figure out all the cas bones for all the animations  now anyway.. starting over is much easier. 

i'll take care in future animations.  :P  :P

thank you... i did not know that.. i'll posting these today anyway.. it's too much work to figure out all the cas bones for all the animations now anyway.. starting over is much easier.

i'll take care in future animations. :P:P

You're welcome and good luck :)

It's all a part of learning, I've been looking back at some of my earlier work I did and will go back to them at some point,

We all gotta start somewhere and you've come this far :)

thank you... i did not know that.. i'll posting these today anyway.. it's too much work to figure out all the cas bones for all the animations now anyway.. starting over is much easier.

i'll take care in future animations. :P :P

It's all a part of learning, I've been looking back at some of my earlier work I did and will go back to them at some point,

hey thank you.. i've posted my animations in sim4 topic.. give it a try. hope you like it. 

also regarding the clip event censor.. in turbo's tutorial it said the unknown2 value should be 100 .. you've kept it at 0

do they both work? what does unknown 2 represent? 

i'll take care in future animations. :P :P

hey thank you.. i've posted my animations in sim4 topic.. give it a try. hope you like it.

also regarding the clip event censor.. in turbo's tutorial it said the unknown2 value should be 100 .. you've kept it at 0

do they both work? what does unknown 2 represent?

I have absolutely no clue haha! It took me few attempts to make it work, I copied it from the screenshot I think, can't really remember but it worked out ;)

ok so i've been trying to put all my animations into one package... 10 anims into 1 package. 

i looked into .packages from other animators to get an idea..

i've added all my xml data into one.

added all clip and headers.

stbl got all the anim names.

but none of anim show up in game.

:-/

is there anything in particular i have to take care of while doing this? 

post-1630689-0-33011100-1497898749_thumb.jpg

ok so i've been trying to put all my animations into one package... 10 anims into 1 package.

sparrowlogo.jpg

You need to add one animation at a time to your package,

You can't add them all in one go,

Basically each time you make an animation, export and save it to a dummy package file in s4s,

Then in s4pe you can extract the files,

Then import them to your master package file,

Save, and then export any of the stbl files and generate your animation name with the stbl editor, export to all languages and so on.

It's very easy once you get used to it and I promise that before long it won't seem so fragile ;)

sparrowlogo.jpg

You need to add one animation at a time to your package,

You can't add them all in one go,

Basically each time you make an animation, export and save it to a dummy package file in s4s,

Then in s4pe you can extract the files,

Then import them to your master package file,

Save, and then export any of the stbl files and generate your animation name with the stbl editor, export to all languages and so on.

It's very easy once you get used to it and I promise that before long it won't seem so fragile ;)

oh.. i did it all in one go..will try one by one now.

Hi guys I'm trying to create my own ww package for ages now and I'm slowly starting to lose it, :(  it just doesn't  work it doesn't even appear in the game. 

can someone please help me?!

thank you

update you wicked whims to the latest version.. that's where i was stuck for a while..

check if your game is the supported version ( find supported versions in ww page)

also upload a pic of your stbl file and xml file.

can't troubleshoot without those.

Hi guys I'm trying to create my own ww package for ages now and I'm slowly starting to lose it, :(  it just doesn't  work it doesn't even appear in the game. 

can someone please help me?!

thank you

update you wicked whims to the latest version.. that's where i was stuck for a while..

check if your game is the supported version ( find supported versions in ww page)

also upload a pic of your stbl file and xml file.

can't troubleshoot without those.

Hi, so I have the latest version and the supported version.

I wasn't sure how you wanted it exactly so I just uploaded everything I could.

S4_7DF2169C_00000000_02318CE401D26C51.xml.xml

post-1441590-0-75593100-1497959521_thumb.jpeg

post-1441590-0-31971700-1497959535_thumb.jpeg

post-1630689-0-13736100-1497972767_thumb.png

first stop, try replacing the high bit decimal value with the low bit one inside the xml.

(although any of em should work fine.. the tutorial says to add the low bit one)

2; your xml does not seem to be named correctly inside s4pe.. the one you've shown in the picture anyway.. the xml i downloaded was named properly. make sure you imported the right xml and not the template.

(i've added an example as to how it should show up in s4pe)

3;you don't have to rename your xml inside the s4pe.. as theres only one xml.. (it shouldn't be an issue really but lets not antagonize it)  post-1630689-0-82411800-1497973451.jpg

attachicon.gifUntitled.png

first stop, try replacing the high bit decimal value with the low bit one inside the xml.

(although any of em should work fine.. the tutorial says to add the low bit one)

2; your xml does not seem to be named correctly inside s4pe.. the one you've shown in the picture anyway.. the xml i downloaded was named properly. make sure you imported the right xml and not the template.

(i've added an example as to how it should show up in s4pe)

3;you don't have to rename your xml inside the s4pe.. as theres only one xml.. (it shouldn't be an issue really but lets not antagonize it)  attachicon.gifimages.jpg

hi thank you, 

concerning the XML document for some reason it only appears with zeros but the document it self has the right code.

I'm gonna do what you showed me :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! A strange thing happened with my latest animation, it looks like not whole cycle is played in the game, like some piece was cutted (I mean the sex acton at the end of the animation looks like this: push... push... push... push-push...). I have cycle playing ok in Blender and I set right parameters of duration and frames number in S4S, but something is wrong. I tried to redo whole process several times from beginning but everytime I got the same result in the game:(

I never meet such trouble when made other animations, I can't understand what's wrong. Did somebody face the similar?

111.jpg

222.jpg

Hi W_g!

I've not had a problem like this before,

Your clip is 364 frames right?

The value I got for duration was 12.13333576

I understand the value is rounded off but

Did you input the same before it was?

Hi! A strange thing happened with my latest animation, it looks like not whole cycle is played in the game, like some piece was cutted (I mean the sex acton at the end of the animation looks like this: push... push... push... push-push...). I have cycle playing ok in Blender and I set right parameters of duration and frames number in S4S, but something is wrong. I tried to redo whole process several times from beginning but everytime I got the same result in the game:(

I never meet such trouble when made other animations, I can't understand what's wrong. Did somebody face the similar?

111.jpg

222.jpg

Hi W_g!

I've not had a problem like this before,

Your clip is 364 frames right?

The value I got for duration was 12.13333576

I understand the value is rounded off but

Did you input the same before it was?

Yes, absolutely right, I did it like you say but I see incomplete cycle in the game for some reason:(

Thank you for the answer anyway

No problem :) that's very odd,

It's not like there's a frame limiter?

I'm not gonna call out obvious XML things as I'm confident that you've done that correct,

A setting may have been accidentally changed

There's a lot I don't understand about Blender being very new,

I once had an issue, completely different to this but in a similar way it was as brain aching and ruining things,

I never figured it out but I got around it,

Try this dude... Its not a fix as such but may get you around it if you can't solve it,

Create a new file and append the rigs to it,

You can also copy/paste your dope sheet too,

Then try again and hopefully whatever setting or corruption may be left behind,

Good luck and hope it works out :)

Hi, I'm trying out animating by following the tutorials and all, and it worked in the game but somehow this happened? Can anyone help?http://i.imgur.com/TFKjPKU.png

Hi!

From the look of things here,

You've not locked the rotation at the ROOT bone for each rig,

This needs keyframes to be locked in too :) at the start and finish

I've tried locking it but it still didn't work, id it the Root_bind one? if not which is it??? Sorry, I only started using blender today, not that familiar with it.

Hi, I'm trying out animating by following the tutorials and all, and it worked in the game but somehow this happened? Can anyone help?http://i.imgur.com/TFKjPKU.png

Hi!

From the look of things here,

You've not locked the rotation at the ROOT bone for each rig,

This needs keyframes to be locked in too :) at the start and finish

I've tried locking it but it still didn't work, id it the Root_bind one? if not which is it??? Sorry, I only started using blender today, not that familiar with it.

The ROOT is located at the bottom of the groin area between the thighs :)

Pressing "a" once or twice will highlight all the bones,

You should do this for your first and last frames at least

How can I copy dope sheet from one file to another? I tried but I could not do it

If you highlight all your frames by pressing "a" then at the bottom of the dope sheet in one of the tabs is an option to copy and paste keyframes,

If you have both blend files open at the same time then it should be quite easy and hassle free,

I've used this method twice and it's got me out of a jam :)

If you get any troubles with it or need anything said a bit clearer or some screens then you can pm me and I'll see you quicker ;)

How can I copy dope sheet from one file to another? I tried but I could not do it

dope sheet cannot be copied, but keyframes can.

on the dope sheet window, change the mode to action editor, there you can copy keyframe.

make sure to select the bones and the keyframe to be copied

post-1645035-0-73576700-1499020714_thumb.png