The general WIP thread for animators.

Guest Redabyss

42 minutes ago, G3SNM said:

You have some great animations! I am very impressed about how real they look. Mine still look real stiff, but I'm working on it.

Start by learning overlapping action and the other 11 principles of animation.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/26/2018 at 4:21 PM, R-Lo said:

@Zivyx

Dunno why on earth you are so hard on yourself!

Don't get me wrong, I'm very fussy about the things I make too,

But you've come a long way in a very short time and already you know far more about the Blender and it's features than I do,

Your animations are far better than you realize and not all that download them are so picky,

If I were you I'd be proud of the level your at as you are doing great and have potential to make a name for yourself,

You're becoming a lot bigger than you realize and you should put some thought into starting a thread so more can appreciate your progress,

Not everyone views these discussions outside of download section and a lot of people would find it hard to believe that this came from zero previous experience!

On 6/26/2018 at 5:18 PM, khyan69 said:

^this

@ZivyxYour previews are amazing. I keep coming back to this thread hoping one day you will release your animations.

• 2 weeks later...

So I've had no problems getting my animating done in Blender. I had a bit of a struggle on the XML end getting things set up. But after a whole day of trying, I finally have the animation presented here.

My problem is, once I get in game... CATASTROPHIC FAILURE! My character implodes, lol.

Anybody seen anything like this before? I'm fairly certain I didn't touch anything I shouldn't have in Blender... :(

On that note, in-game his penis is still twitching as per the animation and his forearm wiggles a slight bit, making him a disturbingly sentient floating pile of flesh...

The alternative to this every other time I've tried was him standing there T-posing (again with penis a-twitch), but I'm fairly certain this was due to not baking the actions in Blender.

jerkit.gif

07-16-18_12-02-31 AM.png

6 hours ago, ApertureKills said:

So I've had no problems getting my animating done in Blender. I had a bit of a struggle on the XML end getting things set up. But after a whole day of trying, I finally have the animation presented here.

My problem is, once I get in game... CATASTROPHIC FAILURE! My character implodes, lol.

Anybody seen anything like this before? I'm fairly certain I didn't touch anything I shouldn't have in Blender... :(

On that note, in-game his penis is still twitching as per the animation and his forearm wiggles a slight bit, making him a disturbingly sentient floating pile of flesh...

The alternative to this every other time I've tried was him standing there T-posing (again with penis a-twitch), but I'm fairly certain this was due to not baking the actions in Blender.

jerkit.gif

07-16-18_12-02-31 AM.png

I think you did it wrong. Did you bake the control rig instead of rig male (Ea's rig)? You need to bake the animation into that one. This has happened to me before too. I baked the animation incorrectly.

7 hours ago, Zheur said:

I think you did it wrong. Did you bake the control rig instead of rig male (Ea's rig)? You need to bake the animation into that one. This has happened to me before too. I baked the animation incorrectly.

Yep, that was exactly what I needed! Alright, now time to flesh out some animations for real this time.

Incidentally, have you got any tips on animating objects like showers, washers, closets, beds, etc. that have simple rigs?

1 hour ago, ApertureKills said:

Yep, that was exactly what I needed! Alright, now time to flesh out some animations for real this time.

Incidentally, have you got any tips on animating objects like showers, washers, closets, beds, etc. that have simple rigs?

They are a little more easier to work with, and you don't have to do much. I like to put constraints on them, and adjust the influence. The 'child of', 'copy location', 'copy rotation', and ik constraints in particular.

Got a new animation incoming. I need to start messing around with stages and such, but it's just been fun practicing animation (now that I've figured out how to get them in the game, that is).

Looks like this one could probably go on a number of chairs and couches, though it was made specifically for loveseats.

CouchJerkin.gif

On 7/16/2018 at 9:08 AM, ApertureKills said:

jerkit.gif

07-16-18_12-02-31 AM.png

This made me chuckle ?

On 7/24/2018 at 10:35 AM, HunkSims said:

Hi, your animations look incredible! Will you be sharing them at any point? Hope you don't mind me asking, I was going to PM you but it wouldn't let me for some reason. 

I don't mind. At some point I will.

(The messenger is disabled. I don't use this account much tbh.)

So, I've been choking with a T-Pose error for the last 4 hours or so, and I believe is time to call for help because if I keep this up I'll end up killing myself or something. If any charitable soul has 5 minutes off his day, please shine some light in what was the thing I fucked up to end up having a t-pose ingame. Leaving here a screenshot of the Blender save and a copy of the XML, since I firmly believe that the problem is on one of those. Note that it's my first time ever touching Blender and I'm using FlowerSimFactory's Nanashi 2.0 rig to make the animation. Please, help a fellow human being out before it busts its head on the table to death. 

Spoiler

Pretty much followed the TURBODRIVERs tutorial to the word.

Spoiler

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<I c="WickedWhimsAnimationPackage" i="snippet" m="wickedwhims.sex.animations.animations_tuning" n="WW_zlazarvs_animations" s="17679803770526133445"> <!-- 'n' as your package name and 's' as decimal id of your package -->
  <T n="wickedwhims_animations">1</T>
  <L n="animations_list">
    <T>
      <T n="animation_raw_display_name">ExtenuatedRightSide</T> <!-- [REMOVE IF UNUSED] Raw Text for displayed animation name. Remove this field if using the "animation_display_name" field. -->
      <T n="animation_author">zlazarus</T> <!-- Raw Text for author name of this animation. -->
      <T n="animation_locations">DOUBLE_BED</T> <!-- List of location categories where this animation can be used at. Use the "Creating WickedWhims Animation XML File" tutorial for locations. -->
      <T n="animation_category">TEASING</T> <!-- Category of the animation (TEASING, HANDJOB, FOOTJOB, ORALJOB, VAGINAL, ANAL, CLIMAX). -->
      <T n="animation_loops">10</T> <!-- Number of times the animation will play in a row. -->
      <T n="animation_allowed_for_random">0</T> <!-- Flag to disallow animation from being randomly picked in sex (0=Disallow, 1=Allow) -->

<T n="animation_actors_list"> <!-- List of actors in this animation -->
        <T>
          <T n="actor_id">0</T> <!-- Numerical ID that represents this actor, should be 0 if this is the first actor. -->
          <T n="animation_clip_name">mielo:PosePack_201807271739560024_set_1</T> <!-- Sim animation CLIP name. -->
          <T n="animation_type">TEASING</T> <!-- Category of interaction this actor is performing (NONE, TEASING, HANDJOB, FOOTJOB, ORALJOB, VAGINAL, ANAL). -->
          <T n="animation_genders">FEMALE</T> <!-- Gender type of this actor (MALE, FEMALE, BOTH) -->
          <T n="animation_naked_type">NONE</T> <!-- Naked type this actor will undress when performing (NONE, TOP, BOTTOM, ALL) -->
          <T n="animation_force_nude_hands">0</T> <!-- Flag to force undress gloves if needed (0=Ignore, 1=Force) -->
          <T n="animation_force_nude_feet">0</T> <!-- Flag to force undress shoes if needed (0=Ignore, 1=Force) -->
          <T n="animation_allow_strapon">0</T> <!-- Flag to allow to equip strapon even if this position is not designed for males (0=Disallow, 1=Allow) -->

<T n="actor_interactions"> <!-- List of this actor interactions with other actors -->
            <T>
              <T n="receiving_actor_id">0</T> <!-- Numerical ID of an actor this actor is interacting with -->
              <T n="receiving_actor_category">TEASING</T> <!-- Category of interaction this actor is performing on the receiving actor -->
              <T n="receiving_actor_cum_layers">DISABLED</T> <!-- List of cum layer types to apply on receiving actor (DISABLED, FACE, CHEST, BACK, VAGINA, BUTT, FEET, NONE) -->
            </T>
          </T>
        </T>
      </T>
    </T>

<!-- Next Animation Goes Here -->
  </L>
</I>

I've tried to isolate one rig from the rest and save it, removing the bed in a foolish lucky throw, and etcetera, but the t-pose is still apearing. 

http://prntscr.com/kbtfjn

I humbly apologize in advance for taking my problem here since this thread doesn't strike me as a place where I should do this, but I'm getting pretty desperate. 

9 minutes ago, zlazarvs said:

So, I've been choking with a T-Pose error for the last 4 hours or so, and I believe is time to call for help because if I keep this up I'll end up killing myself or something. If any charitable soul has 5 minutes off his day, please shine some light in what was the thing I fucked up to end up having a t-pose ingame. Leaving here a screenshot of the Blender save and a copy of the XML, since I firmly believe that the problem is on one of those. Note that it's my first time ever touching Blender and I'm using FlowerSimFactory's Nanashi 2.0 rig to make the animation. Please, help a fellow human being out before it busts its head on the table to death. 

Hide contents

Pretty much followed the TURBODRIVERs tutorial to the word.

Reveal hidden contents

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<I c="WickedWhimsAnimationPackage" i="snippet" m="wickedwhims.sex.animations.animations_tuning" n="WW_zlazarvs_animations" s="17679803770526133445"> <!-- 'n' as your package name and 's' as decimal id of your package -->
  <T n="wickedwhims_animations">1</T>
  <L n="animations_list">
    <T>
      <T n="animation_raw_display_name">ExtenuatedRightSide</T> <!-- [REMOVE IF UNUSED] Raw Text for displayed animation name. Remove this field if using the "animation_display_name" field. -->
      <T n="animation_author">zlazarus</T> <!-- Raw Text for author name of this animation. -->
      <T n="animation_locations">DOUBLE_BED</T> <!-- List of location categories where this animation can be used at. Use the "Creating WickedWhims Animation XML File" tutorial for locations. -->
      <T n="animation_category">TEASING</T> <!-- Category of the animation (TEASING, HANDJOB, FOOTJOB, ORALJOB, VAGINAL, ANAL, CLIMAX). -->
      <T n="animation_loops">10</T> <!-- Number of times the animation will play in a row. -->
      <T n="animation_allowed_for_random">0</T> <!-- Flag to disallow animation from being randomly picked in sex (0=Disallow, 1=Allow) -->

<T n="animation_actors_list"> <!-- List of actors in this animation -->
        <T>
          <T n="actor_id">0</T> <!-- Numerical ID that represents this actor, should be 0 if this is the first actor. -->
          <T n="animation_clip_name">mielo:PosePack_201807271739560024_set_1</T> <!-- Sim animation CLIP name. -->
          <T n="animation_type">TEASING</T> <!-- Category of interaction this actor is performing (NONE, TEASING, HANDJOB, FOOTJOB, ORALJOB, VAGINAL, ANAL). -->
          <T n="animation_genders">FEMALE</T> <!-- Gender type of this actor (MALE, FEMALE, BOTH) -->
          <T n="animation_naked_type">NONE</T> <!-- Naked type this actor will undress when performing (NONE, TOP, BOTTOM, ALL) -->
          <T n="animation_force_nude_hands">0</T> <!-- Flag to force undress gloves if needed (0=Ignore, 1=Force) -->
          <T n="animation_force_nude_feet">0</T> <!-- Flag to force undress shoes if needed (0=Ignore, 1=Force) -->
          <T n="animation_allow_strapon">0</T> <!-- Flag to allow to equip strapon even if this position is not designed for males (0=Disallow, 1=Allow) -->

<T n="actor_interactions"> <!-- List of this actor interactions with other actors -->
            <T>
              <T n="receiving_actor_id">0</T> <!-- Numerical ID of an actor this actor is interacting with -->
              <T n="receiving_actor_category">TEASING</T> <!-- Category of interaction this actor is performing on the receiving actor -->
              <T n="receiving_actor_cum_layers">DISABLED</T> <!-- List of cum layer types to apply on receiving actor (DISABLED, FACE, CHEST, BACK, VAGINA, BUTT, FEET, NONE) -->
            </T>
          </T>
        </T>
      </T>
    </T>

<!-- Next Animation Goes Here -->
  </L>
</I>

I've tried to isolate one rig from the rest and save it, removing the bed in a foolish lucky throw, and etcetera, but the t-pose is still apearing. 

http://prntscr.com/kbtfjn

I humbly apologize in advance for taking my problem here since this thread doesn't strike me as a place where I should do this, but I'm getting pretty desperate. 

Hi! It's no problems to post here,

I'm unable to check files right now but generally a t-pose means that the clip name is incorrect on the XML,

Each time you save and export via s4studio this changes to reflect the date and time etc,

You can view and copy/paste this from s4pe once you have imported your CLIP and CLHD files to your WW package file,

Click on a CLIP file and to the right the display gives all the data,

The part you need is the line that reads 

Your name_posepack_145524733etc(lots of numbers)_set_1

Be sure to correctly close the entry too 

So it reads

>Your name_posepack_145524733etc(lots of numbers)_set_1<

If < drops down to the next line it won't read so backspace it if necessary,

If your lines are closed correctly, there will be a red line on the left of the page running from top to bottom, this shows that the script is readable,

Any breaks in this line means something needs closing >  <

Hope this helps!

2 hours ago, R-Lo said:

Hi! It's no problems to post here,

I'm unable to check files right now but generally a t-pose means that the clip name is incorrect on the XML,

Each time you save and export via s4studio this changes to reflect the date and time etc,

You can view and copy/paste this from s4pe once you have imported your CLIP and CLHD files to your WW package file,

Click on a CLIP file and to the right the display gives all the data,

The part you need is the line that reads 

Your name_posepack_145524733etc(lots of numbers)_set_1

Be sure to correctly close the entry too 

So it reads

>Your name_posepack_145524733etc(lots of numbers)_set_1<

If < drops down to the next line it won't read so backspace it if necessary,

If your lines are closed correctly, there will be a red line on the left of the page running from top to bottom, this shows that the script is readable,

Any breaks in this line means something needs closing >  <

Hope this helps!

I'd love to say that it helped, but I already noticed that the CLIP name changed (just after I noticed I was imputing the name wrong lol) and quickly adapted to it a while ago, so the error most likely comes from somewhere else. Just to double-check on it, I rebuilded the .package from scratch, but the error stil appeared. I'm leaving the package here while I keep trying another things. Anyways, thanks for reaching out, I really apreciate it. 

Edit: I was checking other animators XML a while ago and the only differece mine has is that I don't use <T n="animation_display_name"> (I dunno what <!-- STBL Hex for displayed animation name --> means at all). I've been using <T n="animation_raw_display_name"> to name the animation. It doesn't sounds like it's the cause of the problem, but what would I know. 

Edit 2: Vanquished the package, updated version below. 

30 minutes ago, zlazarvs said:

I'd love to say that it helped, but I already noticed that the CLIP name changed (just after I noticed I was imputing the name wrong lol) and quickly adapted to it a while ago, so the error most likely comes from somewhere else. Just to double-check on it, I rebuilded the .package from scratch, but the error stil appeared. I'm leaving the package here while I keep trying another things. Anyways, thanks for reaching out, I really apreciate it. 

WW_zlazarvs_animations.package

Edit: I was checking other animators XML a while ago and the only differece mine has is that I don't use <T n="animation_display_name"> (I dunno what <!-- STBL Hex for displayed animation name --> means at all). I've been using <T n="animation_raw_display_name"> to name the animation. It doesn't sounds like it's the cause of the problem, but what would I know. 

No problem at all!

I'll try take a look later if I can,

The hex name is generated by the DP STBL Editor and easier than it sounds,

Just export a STBL file from your package, any will do,

Then open STBL Editor then file, 

Open and locate the STBL,

Right click the bottom line and insert,

Generate, then type a random string of text,

Now you have a hex name in the top field and the bottom field is highlighted and change this to your chosen name for this animation,

After this is done, file then export to all languages,

This generates 23 STBL files in the same folder as you launched the editor from,

Import all of them to your package and it'll replace the original ones then save,

Now if you click on a STBL itll show the list of animations with the relevant hex names too for use in XML,

58 minutes ago, R-Lo said:

No problem at all!

I'll try take a look later if I can,

The hex name is generated by the DP STBL Editor and easier than it sounds,

Just export a STBL file from your package, any will do,

Then open STBL Editor then file, 

Open and locate the STBL,

Right click the bottom line and insert,

Generate, then type a random string of text,

Now you have a hex name in the top field and the bottom field is highlighted and change this to your chosen name for this animation,

After this is done, file then export to all languages,

This generates 23 STBL files in the same folder as you launched the editor from,

Import all of them to your package and it'll replace the original ones then save,

Now if you click on a STBL itll show the list of animations with the relevant hex names too for use in XML,

It was kind of a stretch, but it's done! Leaving updated package. Still fighting that t-pose tho. 

1 hour ago, zlazarvs said:

It was kind of a stretch, but it's done! Leaving updated package. Still fighting that t-pose tho. 

Did you bake the animation? I exported your clip and opened it in blender. There is a T pose with no animation inside.

14 hours ago, Zheur said:

Did you bake the animation? I exported your clip and opened it in blender. There is a T pose with no animation inside.

I did, but it's higly probable that I did it wrong. The explanation file the model included was pretty short. I'm going to watch some tutorials and see if I get some progress out of them.

Edit: Making progress. At least now I got a t-pose and a nasty face disfiguration http://prntscr.com/kc2rfi

Edit 2: Success!! The animation is up and running. Baked it right this time, deleted all the spare rigs and re-built the package. Thanks, @R-Lo and @Zheur. You two are doing god's work. 

Hey guys I have a question I hope someone can help me with, I tried to make an animation where a sim "hulks out" for lack of a better term and scaled them up, but I've tried 3 different methods of scaling and baking into the animation and none of them have worked so far. The actor just stays the same scale, is it something I'm doing wrong or can we not change scale with animations?

I tried changing scale and LocRotScale keyframes

I tried changing scale on just the ROOT_BIND(Which scales everything) and LocRotScale VisualKeyframes

I tried changing the rig scale in object mode and baking the animation from that

None of these worked for me.

1 hour ago, Simite said:

Hey guys I have a question I hope someone can help me with, I tried to make an animation where a sim "hulks out" for lack of a better term and scaled them up, but I've tried 3 different methods of scaling and baking into the animation and none of them have worked so far. The actor just stays the same scale, is it something I'm doing wrong or can we not change scale with animations?

I tried changing scale on just the ROOT_BIND(Which scales everything) and LocRotScale VisualKeyframes

I tried changing the rig scale in object mode and baking the animation from that

The game doesn't allow scaling. Only translate and rotation works.

3 hours ago, Simite said:

It maybe something that could be changed potentially along the same lines as Denton44 managed to do for the breast bones?

On 7/28/2018 at 4:49 AM, zlazarvs said:

I did, but it's higly probable that I did it wrong. The explanation file the model included was pretty short. I'm going to watch some tutorials and see if I get some progress out of them.

Edit: Making progress. At least now I got a t-pose and a nasty face disfiguration http://prntscr.com/kc2rfi

Edit 2: Success!! The animation is up and running. Baked it right this time, deleted all the spare rigs and re-built the package. Thanks, @R-Lo and @Zheur. You two are doing god's work. 

Hey @zlazarvs! I'm sorry to bother you with this, but I'm at the same desperate stage you were in. Haha! I've attached my blender file as well in hopes you have a moment to take a look? I, too, am using the Nanashi rig, and I think I'm baking this wrong. You said you deleted spare rigs, but I don't think I have any so I'm not sure this solution could work for me as it did for you. Any idea what I could be doing wrong considering that yes, the instructions were incredibly short to follow? Haha!

EDIT: Nevermind. I managed to figure this one out on my own, and realise that it was just a failure of putting the updated package file of the baked animation in my game.

Welp, hello there ive been browsing this website ever since i downloaded the WW mod. been awhile and discovered the animating tutorials, the rigs and whatnot so i thought to myself i'll make one an animation of my own! pwp hopefully.... tbh blender wasnt that hard to learn seeing as the tutorials were very helpful.

...tho i do have one problem that i cant seem to solve on my own and here i am.. (i am pretty desperate because i cant seem to find what im doing wrong) 

So. realizing that is was my first animation i thought i'll just make one animation of a couple on a double bed at the right side (like one sim sitting and the other sim on top riding-ish i guess) everything went well animating in blender (tho it took me awhile to get used it, but i did it! oAo!!!)

and then saved it as a package after figuring out all the XML stuff, and i opened it up to test it ingame..... my sims were in the middle of the bed. like morphed in (i could see there head popping up through the bed...tho the animation was looping okay-ish for my first time but the position... oof

seeing this i went back to tutorials i figured out that you need to animate with the object (i think) and i did that too but when i tested it again its still the same... (mind you i tried everything my brain could come up with before posting this here ..i really am clueless on how to fix this)

im so sorry if this is a very noobish question but..

HOW DO YOU ANIMATE ON LOCATIONS??.... like beds, chairs, toilets cause my sims seems to just sit on the ground through the object i assigned the animation to happen at. p-p

14 minutes ago, Eshii said:

Welp, hello there ive been browsing this website ever since i downloaded the WW mod. been awhile and discovered the animating tutorials, the rigs and whatnot so i thought to myself i'll make one an animation of my own! pwp hopefully.... tbh blender wasnt that hard to learn seeing as the tutorials were very helpful.

...tho i do have one problem that i cant seem to solve on my own and here i am.. (i am pretty desperate because i cant seem to find what im doing wrong) 

So. realizing that is was my first animation i thought i'll just make one animation of a couple on a double bed at the right side (like one sim sitting and the other sim on top riding-ish i guess) everything went well animating in blender (tho it took me awhile to get used it, but i did it! oAo!!!)

and then saved it as a package after figuring out all the XML stuff, and i opened it up to test it ingame..... my sims were in the middle of the bed. like morphed in (i could see there head popping up through the bed...tho the animation was looping okay-ish for my first time but the position... oof

seeing this i went back to tutorials i figured out that you need to animate with the object (i think) and i did that too but when i tested it again its still the same... (mind you i tried everything my brain could come up with before posting this here ..i really am clueless on how to fix this)

im so sorry if this is a very noobish question but..

HOW DO YOU ANIMATE ON LOCATIONS??.... like beds, chairs, toilets cause my sims seems to just sit on the ground through the object i assigned the animation to happen at. p-p

Your sims where in the wrong position ingame because you moved them either while they where still in Object mode, or by moving the ROOT bone.

Both of these methods are wrong. You must move them around only in Pose mode and by the ROOT__bind bone. There is a reasone why the ROOT bone is disabled by default.