[mod] Noxbestia's Darkest Perversions

On 12/11/2018 at 6:28 AM, DoingMeAConcern said:

We await your second coming master nox.?

On 12/26/2018 at 7:50 PM, Fl0g said:

Well page 69, I must comment. I'm not playing CKII, but I hope you are well Nox.

It seems like one thing after another has conspired against me making any progress.  Some of it is mental/emotional, some is physical, and a lot of it is caused by work stress.  I haven't forgotten about you all and I look forward to whenever I can again say that I am making regular progress on NDPA.

10 hours ago, NoxBestia said:

A quick glance around the site has shown me that I am totally out of touch with the CK2 adult modding scene.  :(

No way. I eagerly await dickwolves and mpreg working with Holy Fury. Take care of yourself, etc. But there's tons of people who appreciate your modding.

What to Do?

The short-term fate of NDPA is currently in question.  I have reverted my development back to my last published version and have been looking at all the issues and there are a lot of them.  A very big part of me wants to throw my hands in the air and let out a primal scream then completely start over from scratch.  However, I know that would frustrate many of you.  Were I a fan of this mod and not its creator, *I* would be frustrated at such an announcement.

To be honest, there is another part of me that wants to declare NDPA dead and write a totally new standalone adult mod, focusing on bestiality and furries.  But I know me, and when my muse decides to start speaking to me again shi will almost certainly demand other things beyond those.  And how can I abandon all the work I did on other things in NDPA?  There were things in the original Dark World that never made it back into DWR or DWF and I loved them.  I don't want to do that to all of you, yet I may have to.

Another part of me wants to put NDPA on moth balls for an indefinite amount of time in order to write an enhanced werewolf sub-mod for Dark World Fantasy.  To be honest, that would be the most fun for me right now.  That said, DWF has evolved a lot from DWR and while I think many of the changes are phenomenal, some of them aren't compatible with my modding vision and goals.  That means that, like I did with DWR, I would not just make an enhancement but that I would override some core things in DWF.  That is a lot of work and this wouldn't happen fast.  Also, were I to do this, when I was done I'd be right back here trying to decide what to do with the rest of NDPA.

For right at this moment, I am not yet making a decision and I will read all feedback I am given on the subject.  As @nugerumonsaid, I am very Stressed.png stressed by my life right now and it is making accomplishing anything very difficult.  

Is there any way we(as a community) do to help with active maintainace of the game?

I mean I have looked through the mod files(the folder ones not the actual .mod file). It seems pretty simple.

So if I was given small hints as to what's changed from 2.7 -> 3.0.1 in CK2, I could probably create a temp patch for it.

I am a programmer, so the event functions, gfx files are easy to read for me.

(Tries to brew Potion of Happiness

-Loses Ingredient:Kidney, Ingredient:Heart

-Potion fails

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU)

Yours sincerely

A perverted programmer

I'm excited at the prospect of any additional werewolf/furry content, kind of the opposite of Janjy.

While I've had a lot of fun with DW:F, it is sorely lacking in werewolf content, especially female.

Whatever you decide to do, Nox, do it at your own pace. Don't feel pressured; we can wait. :)

On 2/5/2019 at 12:39 AM, NoxBestia said:

What to Do?

The short-term fate of NDPA is currently in question.  I have reverted my development back to my last published version and have been looking at all the issues and there are a lot of them.  A very big part of me wants to throw my hands in the air and let out a primal scream then completely start over from scratch.  However, I know that would frustrate many of you.  Were I a fan of this mod and not its creator, *I* would be frustrated at such an announcement.

To be honest, there is another part of me that wants to declare NDPA dead and write a totally new standalone adult mod, focusing on bestiality and furries.  But I know me, and when my muse decides to start speaking to me again shi will almost certainly demand other things beyond those.  And how can I abandon all the work I did on other things in NDPA?  There were things in the original Dark World that never made it back into DWR or DWF and I loved them.  I don't want to do that to all of you, yet I may have to.

Another part of me wants to put NDPA on moth balls for an indefinite amount of time in order to write an enhanced werewolf sub-mod for Dark World Fantasy.  To be honest, that would be the most fun for me right now.  That said, DWF has evolved a lot from DWR and while I think many of the changes are phenomenal, some of them aren't compatible with my modding vision and goals.  That means that, like I did with DWR, I would not just make an enhancement but that I would override some core things in DWF.  That is a lot of work and this wouldn't happen fast.  Also, were I to do this, when I was done I'd be right back here trying to decide what to do with the rest of NDPA.

For right at this moment, I am not yet making a decision and I will read all feedback I am given on the subject.  As @nugerumonsaid, I am very Stressed.png stressed by my life right now and it is making accomplishing anything very difficult.  

Scrap it.

Essentially you're chasing your own tail with the project.  You've learnt a ton since you originally released NDPA and you can use that to start clean in a more structured manner.

Waiting time isn't an issue.  The issue is the end result and a more slimline and focused mod will be a big asset.  Personally I always considered NDPA quite bloated in terms of scope and you/your workflow will benefit from focusing in.

Better to make a clean break rather than dragging along an anchor out of anxiety over disappointing people.  It's not worth it.

On 2/17/2019 at 7:11 AM, dspeed said:

Scrap it.

Essentially you're chasing your own tail with the project.  You've learnt a ton since you originally released NDPA and you can use that to start clean in a more structured manner.

Waiting time isn't an issue.  The issue is the end result and a more slimline and focused mod will be a big asset.  Personally I always considered NDPA quite bloated in terms of scope and you/your workflow will benefit from focusing in.

Better to make a clean break rather than dragging along an anchor out of anxiety over disappointing people.  It's not worth it.

This.

As harsh as it sounds, this mod is far too large, too ambitious for a simple patch. If you continue working on it as is, you will be way too overwhelmed with the workload and will slowly, but surely, become just like me; someone who absolutely loathes their own mods.

Take what you know works fine from Darkest Perversions and start over, using what you have as a base foundation. Add on tiny bits here and there, but never anything too large. In this way, you can remain focused on a goal, and can achieve said goal in a much shorter time frame. Nobody's going to fault you for this, they know your work and know your quality. You just have to take it one piece at a time.

8 hours ago, skyrim_sith21 said:

Perhaps git it?

I mean requests and feature requests would be smoother. You could version control perfectly and use build automating tools like Travis-CI.

Would help reducing your workload, if your starting from scratch

Travis is kind of overkill in this context.

The issue here are changes in the game API and changes in the "mother" mod which is Dark World, @NoxBestia will need to go over his whole codebase and tweak it around to match the changes, then do more work to fix his mod issues or implement new features. The past two comments are simply saying that the overhead is way too big for one man to take on alone, especially for a mod of this scale.

Starting from scratch is indeed the wiser choice, but it can also be a bit demoralizing.

• 3 weeks later...