[Tutorial] Building DD items in BodySlide NMM/MO

ive been focusing on trying to get it to work on my character before messing around with npc's, my only remaining issue is that sometimes theres a small bit of overlap/irregularity with the devices and the character, sometimes there arm goes through the body of there are small parts of the body going see through 

is there any advice you have?

Most issues like that comes from not using the same pre-set for building the items that was used to build the body.

so how would i resolve it then, ive little to no experince using body slide and got most of my info from this guide 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just a quick question you might be able to help with, every time the preview opens, I get the no texture thing instead of looking at skin. Every tutorial I have found all are teaching how to use bodyslide, and what the sliders do, and how to apply to the game, etc. Your screen shot shows it having the skin, and I had it before, but that was on a different computer. 

I know I am probably just retarded and can't find the simple answer after looking for a while, and if the answer isn't simple, then I just won't worry about it. Not that big of a deal anyways, just a minor convenience. 

Happy Xmas all the same!

Missing body textures means either you don't have them installed, the installation path is wrong or they are for the wrong body type.

Option 1 and 3 are the most likely, so make sure that you have a body installed and that it fits the body you've installed actualy fits the one chosen when installing Bodyslide or the other way around. In case of doubt reinstall both.

On 1/5/2017 at 4:33 AM, Morferous said:

post-349828-0-04385000-1483619153_thumb.jpg

what I'm referring to is that. On my body slide preview, its the untextured body. It's not a big issue, but from what I could tell, it normally starts out with the no texture, then you are supposed to import a setting on the thing at the place during the full moon on the third sunday during the solstice or something like that to make it look like the screen shot.

Hmmm as far as i can say, starting without textures isn't normal, so i have really no clue which magic ritual you usually did to get them anyways. But i'm using COS/CBBE and i could imagine that you need to chose the proper body type first (CBBE or UNP or whatever) and i don't have to because they are quite at the beginning. 

But that they are somewhat missing would still be my first guess. Do they appear ingame?

• 2 weeks later...

If a mod savvy member could spare a moment I am in desperate need of a little bit of help:

I have a problem with several Devices after starting to mod on a new computer yesterday. I assume, they are stemming from this mod, but I am not sure.

Many Clothes meshes are missing (at least the extreme hobble skirt, featured in the beginning of the "Alternate start mod" Princess Quest, and the red corset).

This leaves most of the body invisible. Items on arms, legs, feet and in the nether regions do show.

I did run bodysliders, and since i just started modding on this Computer everything should be up to date.

It also seems like at least one of the bound animations don't appear to be working properly either, while others do.

My load order, a detailed list of all installed mods, a peek in my bodysliders folder as well as two screenshots are all attached to this post. Maybe they can shed some light on the issue.

I am completely at my wits end, and have no idea what the root of the problem could be.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Spoiler

20180110041946_1.jpg

Spoiler

20180110041950_1.jpg

Spoiler

bodysliders.JPG

Spoiler

detailed mod names.JPG

Spoiler

Loadorder.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

I have all of the body based Devious Devices functioning.  The biggest problem I have is that the gags aren't appearing.  When I equip the gag on my character, or on others, it simply doesn't equip.  It shows up in my inventory, but no textures, and in my own, or an NPC's inventory it's shown as unequipped.  I saw a suggested solution for similar problems to rebuild in bodyslide- but I've never seen any of the gag textures in bodyslide when I do the batch build. 

Here is my load order, and attached is my Papyrus log

Spoiler

0  0     Skyrim.esm
  1  1     Update.esm
  2  2     Dawnguard.esm
  3  3     HearthFires.esm
  4  4     Dragonborn.esm
  5  5     Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp
  6  6     hdtHighHeel.esm
  7  7     SexLab.esm
  8  8     Campfire.esm
  9  9     RSkyrimChildren.esm
 10  a     ETaC - RESOURCES.esm
 11  b     EFFCore.esm
 12  c     ApachiiHairFemales.esm
 13  d     ApachiiHair.esm
 14  e     SexLabAroused.esm
 15  f     Devious Devices - Assets.esm
 16 10     Devious Devices - Integration.esm
 17 11     ZaZAnimationPack.esm
 18 12     paradise_halls.esm
           daymoyl.esm
 19 13     Devious Devices - Expansion.esm
           HighResTexturePack01.esp
           HighResTexturePack02.esp
           HighResTexturePack03.esp
 20 14     SkyUI.esp
 21 15     ETaC - Complete.esp
 22 16     paradise_halls_SLExtension.esp
 23 17     Immersive Orc Strongholds.esp
 24 18     Helgen Reborn.esp
 25 19     Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp
 26 1a     Brawl Bugs CE.esp
 27 1b     Bounty Quest Fix.esp
 28 1c     xazPrisonOverhaulPatched.esp
 29 1d     Civil War Overhaul.esp
 30 1e     Feminine Females.esp
 31 1f     FCO - Follower Commentary Overhaul.esp
 32 20     UIExtensions.esp
 33 21     BarenziahQuestMarkers.esp
 34 22     noRadiantJE.esp
 35 23     GreenWaterFix_v2withDawnguard.esp
 36 24     MacKom_LoreStylesHairSet.esp
 37 25     When Vampires Attack.esp
 38 26     Insects Begone - DragonBorn Spiders and Ashoppers.esp
 39 27     Insects Begone - Hearthfires.esp
 40 28     Captured Dreams.esp
 41 29     Immersive Whiterun.esp
 42 2a     Immersive Solstheim.esp
           FtM_3 - OBIS + CCOR.esp
           FtM_3 - OBIS.esp
 43 2b     Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
 44 2c     Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp
 45 2d     Inconsequential NPCs.esp
 46 2e     Run For Your Lives.esp
 47 2f     FtM_3.esp
           FtM_3 - CCOR.esp
 48 30     Cloaks.esp
 49 31     Drink Eat Sleep.esp
 50 32     Nightingale Hall.esp
 51 33     Immersive Weapons.esp
 52 34     LeftHandRings - Dawnguard.esp
 53 35     LeftHandRings.esp
 54 36     BR_HoodCirclets.esp
 55 37     _admod.esp
 56 38     EFFDialogue.esp
 57 39     Hoodless Archmage Robes.esp
 58 3a     Bijin Warmaidens.esp
 59 3b     ETaC - Dragon Bridge South.esp
 60 3c     Frostfall.esp
 61 3d     SexLab_Dialogues.esp
 62 3e     Insects Begone - Spiders and Chaurus.esp
 63 3f     Insects Begone - Dawnguard - Spiders and Chaurus.esp
 64 40     ShowersInInns.esp
 65 41     paradise_halls_fellglow_slave_camp.esp
 66 42     SpousesEnhanced.esp
 67 43     DragonPriestMaskQuestMarkers.esp
 68 44     LakeviewBathhouse.esp
 69 45     WinstadBathhouse.esp
 70 46     HeljarchenBathhouse.esp
 71 47     PP_WindcallerPass.esp
 72 48     GreenWaterFix_Compatible.esp
 73 49     HouseOfHorrorsAlternateEnding.esp
 74 4a     mmkhajiithair11.esp
 75 4b     FNIS.esp
 76 4c     UltimateCombat.esp
 77 4d     AMatterOfTime.esp
 78 4e     SPTDiverseGuardsSkyrim.esp
 79 4f     Dr_Bandolier.esp
 80 50     Unique Uniques.esp
 81 51     Bijin Wives.esp
 82 52     Drink Eat Sleep Addon - Dragonborn.esp
 83 53     Drink Eat Sleep Addon - Hearthfire.esp
 84 54     Serana.esp
 85 55     DanicaTheHealer.esp
 86 56     Michiko.esp
 87 57     Quest Eraser.esp
 88 58     Brynjolf & Vex Followers.esp
 89 59     Bijin NPCs.esp
 90 5a     LovelyHairstylesCE.esp
 91 5b     RSChildren.esp
 92 5c     RaceMenu.esp
 93 5d     RaceMenuPlugin.esp
 94 5e     Devious Devices - BRRF.esp
 95 5f     SLAnimLoader.esp
 96 60     paradise_halls_farengars_study.esp
 97 61     Devious Devices - Equip.esp
 98 62     zaz-craft.esp
 99 63     dcc-dm2.esp
100 64     SexLabTools.esp
101 65     dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp
102 66     sanguinesDebauchery.esp
103 67     XPMSE.esp
104 68     Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp

Papyrus.0.log

25 minutes ago, caocaothedeciever said:

I have all of the body based Devious Devices functioning.  The biggest problem I have is that the gags aren't appearing.  When I equip the gag on my character, or on others, it simply doesn't equip.  It shows up in my inventory, but no textures, and in my own, or an NPC's inventory it's shown as unequipped.  I saw a suggested solution for similar problems to rebuild in bodyslide- but I've never seen any of the gag textures in bodyslide when I do the batch build. 

Here is my load order, and attached is my Papyrus log

Reveal hidden contents

0  0     Skyrim.esm
  1  1     Update.esm
  2  2     Dawnguard.esm
  3  3     HearthFires.esm
  4  4     Dragonborn.esm
  5  5     Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp
  6  6     hdtHighHeel.esm
  7  7     SexLab.esm
  8  8     Campfire.esm
  9  9     RSkyrimChildren.esm
 10  a     ETaC - RESOURCES.esm
 11  b     EFFCore.esm
 12  c     ApachiiHairFemales.esm
 13  d     ApachiiHair.esm
 14  e     SexLabAroused.esm
 15  f     Devious Devices - Assets.esm
 16 10     Devious Devices - Integration.esm
 17 11     ZaZAnimationPack.esm
 18 12     paradise_halls.esm
           daymoyl.esm
 19 13     Devious Devices - Expansion.esm
           HighResTexturePack01.esp
           HighResTexturePack02.esp
           HighResTexturePack03.esp
 20 14     SkyUI.esp
 21 15     ETaC - Complete.esp
 22 16     paradise_halls_SLExtension.esp
 23 17     Immersive Orc Strongholds.esp
 24 18     Helgen Reborn.esp
 25 19     Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp
 26 1a     Brawl Bugs CE.esp
 27 1b     Bounty Quest Fix.esp
 28 1c     xazPrisonOverhaulPatched.esp
 29 1d     Civil War Overhaul.esp
 30 1e     Feminine Females.esp
 31 1f     FCO - Follower Commentary Overhaul.esp
 32 20     UIExtensions.esp
 33 21     BarenziahQuestMarkers.esp
 34 22     noRadiantJE.esp
 35 23     GreenWaterFix_v2withDawnguard.esp
 36 24     MacKom_LoreStylesHairSet.esp
 37 25     When Vampires Attack.esp
 38 26     Insects Begone - DragonBorn Spiders and Ashoppers.esp
 39 27     Insects Begone - Hearthfires.esp
 40 28     Captured Dreams.esp
 41 29     Immersive Whiterun.esp
 42 2a     Immersive Solstheim.esp
           FtM_3 - OBIS + CCOR.esp
           FtM_3 - OBIS.esp
 43 2b     Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
 44 2c     Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp
 45 2d     Inconsequential NPCs.esp
 46 2e     Run For Your Lives.esp
 47 2f     FtM_3.esp
           FtM_3 - CCOR.esp
 48 30     Cloaks.esp
 49 31     Drink Eat Sleep.esp
 50 32     Nightingale Hall.esp
 51 33     Immersive Weapons.esp
 52 34     LeftHandRings - Dawnguard.esp
 53 35     LeftHandRings.esp
 54 36     BR_HoodCirclets.esp
 55 37     _admod.esp
 56 38     EFFDialogue.esp
 57 39     Hoodless Archmage Robes.esp
 58 3a     Bijin Warmaidens.esp
 59 3b     ETaC - Dragon Bridge South.esp
 60 3c     Frostfall.esp
 61 3d     SexLab_Dialogues.esp
 62 3e     Insects Begone - Spiders and Chaurus.esp
 63 3f     Insects Begone - Dawnguard - Spiders and Chaurus.esp
 64 40     ShowersInInns.esp
 65 41     paradise_halls_fellglow_slave_camp.esp
 66 42     SpousesEnhanced.esp
 67 43     DragonPriestMaskQuestMarkers.esp
 68 44     LakeviewBathhouse.esp
 69 45     WinstadBathhouse.esp
 70 46     HeljarchenBathhouse.esp
 71 47     PP_WindcallerPass.esp
 72 48     GreenWaterFix_Compatible.esp
 73 49     HouseOfHorrorsAlternateEnding.esp
 74 4a     mmkhajiithair11.esp
 75 4b     FNIS.esp
 76 4c     UltimateCombat.esp
 77 4d     AMatterOfTime.esp
 78 4e     SPTDiverseGuardsSkyrim.esp
 79 4f     Dr_Bandolier.esp
 80 50     Unique Uniques.esp
 81 51     Bijin Wives.esp
 82 52     Drink Eat Sleep Addon - Dragonborn.esp
 83 53     Drink Eat Sleep Addon - Hearthfire.esp
 84 54     Serana.esp
 85 55     DanicaTheHealer.esp
 86 56     Michiko.esp
 87 57     Quest Eraser.esp
 88 58     Brynjolf & Vex Followers.esp
 89 59     Bijin NPCs.esp
 90 5a     LovelyHairstylesCE.esp
 91 5b     RSChildren.esp
 92 5c     RaceMenu.esp
 93 5d     RaceMenuPlugin.esp
 94 5e     Devious Devices - BRRF.esp
 95 5f     SLAnimLoader.esp
 96 60     paradise_halls_farengars_study.esp
 97 61     Devious Devices - Equip.esp
 98 62     zaz-craft.esp
 99 63     dcc-dm2.esp
100 64     SexLabTools.esp
101 65     dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp
102 66     sanguinesDebauchery.esp
103 67     XPMSE.esp
104 68     Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp

Papyrus.0.log

Gags are a standard size, so does not need bodyslide. Are you using a custom or beast race, or do you have the same issue with the normal human type races (nord, breton, etc)?

4 hours ago, LazyBoot said:

Gags are a standard size, so does not need bodyslide. Are you using a custom or beast race, or do you have the same issue with the normal human type races (nord, breton, etc)?

Nope! Just using a standard human race. So I'm not sure what's causing it.  Is there a conflict with one of the slots? I do use immersive armors...

Also, I notice that my devices and ZaZ gags will get a bit wonky when I load into different locations (i.e. from Skyrim into a shop)- the ZaZ gags are equipped, but the mouth acts as though it's not there.  The Armbinders are still on, but the arms (missing the hands!) are free.

• 2 months later...
On 11.1.2018 at 2:21 AM, Caldaria Machino said:

If a mod savvy member could spare a moment I am in desperate need of a little bit of help:

(...)

A small follow up to my previous post for anyone who has the same issue:

I did get everything working once I switched from an CBBE body replacer to an UNP body replacer and reinstalled everything. Since then I have changed my mod set up multiple times and reinstalled a lot. It seems to me like sometimes there are just "freak" Problems that are really hard to solve.

So if you have a proper body replacer, have ran bodyslide and checked each and every requirement for your mods (and installed them). It might be time efficient to wipe your Skyrim folder to vanilla and reinstall all mods (also make sure you install them in the right order).

Don’t do this if you are already far into your game, because even if you install the exact same mods it's likely your save won't be able to be loaded anymore. But this shouldn't happen anyways, the problems I am describing are usually very obvious and when you have one, they occur in almost every single DD Situation.

• 1 month later...

So, i cannot for the life of me figure out what im doing wrong. I followed the tutorial exactly. Bodyslide does not show any textures whatsoever. In game, items show perfectly on the menu, shoes except pony boots work, and the armbinder works. Everything else from the neck down does not appear. The hobble dresses, corsets, gloves, and ponyboots all turn the character body parts invisible. the chasity bra and nipple items dont show up.

On another note, FNIS erases all animations and puts all character models in the modified "T" pose, no matter how many times i try it, regardless of the tutorials followed. After building the bodies in bodyslide, nothing shows up in the override folder.

Attached is screenshots of what im talking about in bodyslide and in game, along with the LOOT order, and MO Plugins list.

Spoiler

Capture.PNG2.PNG1.PNG20180509212243_1.jpg20180509212209_1.jpg20180509212239_1.jpg5.PNG6.PNG7.PNG8.PNG9.PNG

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is what my bodyslide selections look like for CBBE, it works perfectly. I made the "BigBoobs" preset myself, by first selecting the curvy or something, and then changing every slider i want, and save as... Then i made a new mod out of it in the right preset folder, so that it won't get lost if i reinstall bodyslide:

Spoiler

cbbe.jpg.026523008a0c5bc6d8cd47394afa2560.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 12:33 PM, Morferous said:

To build your items in BodySlide

• Select your favorite body preset from Preset list.
  • Select Batch Build button. If using morphs (recommended for best compatibility) then select Build Morphs checkbox next to Batch build options.
  • If you have not previously built your body and armors, you can safely select everything from the window prompt. Select Body (HDT recommended), version of Feet (if available) and HDT/No HDT options according to your preferences.
  • Run Batch build.

Sorry, but this doesn't make sense to me. Specifically the second and third lines. Batch build what? It has said nothing about what to put in the Outfit/Body window or using Group Filter. And what if you have previously built your body and armours? Why do you need to select body and feet (but not hands?) when you have just batch built everything? 

I'm asking this because I know virtually nothing about DD or BS/OS.

I have no idea where I've gone wrong. i decided for some reason to update my load order, and managed to break most everything. None of the catsuits, or chain harness pieces are rendering, actually making the body invisible with some of the pieces.  Tried reinstalling DDE, didn't help, tried doing a batch build following the guide several times, which hasn't done anything since bodyslide dies partway through the build, with no error message of any kind.  Tried reinstalling it too, and still get nothing.  I'll post my load order if someone would explain an easy way to do that, I really don't want to type out each of the 200+ mods

2 hours ago, Reaper121 said:

I have no idea where I've gone wrong. i decided for some reason to update my load order, and managed to break most everything. None of the catsuits, or chain harness pieces are rendering, actually making the body invisible with some of the pieces.  Tried reinstalling DDE, didn't help, tried doing a batch build following the guide several times, which hasn't done anything since bodyslide dies partway through the build, with no error message of any kind.  Tried reinstalling it too, and still get nothing.  I'll post my load order if someone would explain an easy way to do that, I really don't want to type out each of the 200+ mods

Open LOOT.

Top right corner, three vertical dots.

Click on dots and select 'copy load order'.

Open text file and paste in load order. For your later convenience/info give the file a name such as LO191018.

Come here and open a reply box.

type [ spoiler ] (without the spaces) hit return

paste your load order (not the text file)

type [ /spoiler ] (without the spaces but with the forward slash)

You can also produce a list from MO or NMM.

You might also want to expalin exactly what changes/updates you made.

Don't have those three vertical dots in my installation of LOOT.  Did find another way around that, if only for the section that I changed.  What I did was delete the LL mods I had, then went and redownloaded the most up-to-date version of the ones I wanted to keep, keeping an eye on the plugin list in NMM that told me when I had a missed prereq.  Everything listed in the attached picture with the prefix 'DD - ' minus the apostrophes is from here, and those are the only ones I did anything with, everything else is existing and wasn't altered.  Hope the picture works.

Load Order Section.bmp

Turns out I needed an update for LOOT.  Running the updated version helped stability some, but I still can't get bodyslide to run through a batch build without crash to desktop.

0  0     Skyrim.esm
  1  1     Update.esm
  2  2     Dawnguard.esm
  3  3     HearthFires.esm
  4  4     Dragonborn.esm
  5  5     Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp
  6  6     ApachiiHairFemales.esm
  7  7     Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm
  8  8     Heels Sound.esm
  9  9     MBT_Base-female.esm
 10  a     TERAArmors.esm
 11  b     SexLab.esm