[Tutorial] Building DD items in BodySlide NMM/MO

• 2 months later...

so for some reason my batch builds are no longer going into the overwrite folder - anyone know how i can sort this? should i reinstall bodyslide (been trying to rebuild batches as the gags arent working, they sit below the mout rather than the face changing

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Do you have to do this for all the presets or?

On 1/5/2017 at 1:33 PM, Morferous said:

Devious Devices have moved to support BodySlide sliders. This has been causing some confusion among some players, who are not familiar with how BodySlide works. I will cover basics of this process in this tutorial.

This tutorial presumes that you understand basics of using mod managers and is made for both Nexus Mod Manager (NMM) and Mod Organizer (MO.)

Selecting the base body

BodySlide supports following base bodies.

• Caliente's Beautiful Bodies Edition - CBBE (and it's preset variants.)
  • Unified UNP (and it's preset variants.)

For CBBE Body and option, download and install Caliente's Beautiful Bodies Edition for Nexus. This will provide you base textures and face options. You can use custom textures.

• NMM: NMM will ask to overwrite textures. Select "Yes to All" when custom texture mod asks about overwriting CBBE textures.
  • MO: Move custom texture folder below CBBE in Mod Organizer left panel, so that it wins conflicts against CBBE textures.

UUNP body comes without base textures. You will have to provide custom textures for it.

•  NMM: If NMM asks to overwrite, then select "Yes to All."
  •  MO: Custom texture location does not matter in MO, unless something is winning conflicts in unwanted way. If you can see lightning bolt with red "-" next to it, double click texture folder and check Conflicts tab to see conflicts. Usually these textures should be allowed to loose conflicts for mods enhancing them.

Installing BodySlide

Download BodySlide and Outfit Studio. Install it as a mod to your mod manager (NMM or MO).

BodySlide and Outfit Studio by Ousnius and Caliente

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49015/?

When you active the mod in your manager, BodySlide will prompt you following questions.

Options

• Install BodySlide (required)
  • Select either CBBE or UUNP body. Which ever you want to use.

Pre-build Morphable Bodies (Select only one)

• Pre-built <BodyType> HDT + Morphs is recommended for XPMSE+HDT users and full compatibility.

RaceMenu Plugin (Select only one)

• RaceMenu Morphs for <BodyType>. This is for RaceMenu users and allows you to use morphs for selected bodies from it's MCM.

post-349828-0-86995300-1483619150_thumb.jpg

Finish the installation.

Nexus Mod Manager:

• Restart NMM. BodySlide is now available from your Supported Tools tab, located at the top of NMM.

post-349828-0-74959400-1483619392_thumb.jpg

Mod Organizer:

• Go to MO right panel Data-tab.
  • Scroll down to Caliente Tools and open the tree.
  • Open branch BodySlide.
  • Right-click BodySlide.exe with your mouse.
  • Select Add as Executable. BodySlide is now available from your MO right panel MO application list at top of the right panel and ready to be used.

post-349828-0-05821600-1483619152_thumb.jpg

Installing Devious Devices

Each Devious Devices mod with slider support will prompt an installer, when you activate such mod in either NMM or MO. Select base body (CBBE or UUNP) from installers and make sure mods are active in your mod manager. There is nothing more to do there.

Running BodySlide

Open Bodyslide.

• NMM: Supported Tools tab.
  • MO: Application list. Important! Make sure that you MO Overwrite folder is empty, before building any mehses in BodySlide.

Relevant options

For the purpouse of this basic tutorial, ignore all other options from BodySlide. See link to wiki from below to find more information of how to do advanced work with BodySlide and Outfit studio. These options are not required for basic use of BodySlide.

• Outfit/Body displays the selected body or outfit.
  • Preset manages body preset for body you select during BodySlide installation.
  • Preview opens preview window. You can see your selected body, outfit and preset types by changing them from options mentioned above.
  • Group filter alloes you to filter item groups in BodySlide. This is a good option to use, if you have already built some armor/clothes/gear to same body and preset and do not wish to run them all again - for example, you have set zaps (see wiki) to armors and do not want to go through whole process again for adding DD items to your game.
  • Batch Build is where we will create your items and armors for your selected body type.

post-349828-0-04385000-1483619153_thumb.jpg

To build your items in BodySlide

• Select your favorite body preset from Preset list.
  • Select Batch Build button. If using morphs (recommended for best compatibility) then select Build Morphs checkbox next to Batch build options.
  • If you have not previously built your body and armors, you can safely select everything from the window prompt. Select Body (HDT recommended), version of Feet (if available) and HDT/No HDT options according to your preferences.
  • Run Batch build.

NMM users

• Done. Close BodySlide.

MO users

• Close BodySlide, once it has ran it's course.
  • You may now have content in your MO left panel Overwrite folder (which should have been empty, when you ran BodySlide, as mentioned above.)
  • Right-click the Overwrite folder with your mouse and select Create Mod...
  • Name the new mod (for example Output BodySlide) and set it active in your MO left panel.
  • Done.

post-349828-0-84287400-1483619153_thumb.jpg

Links

BodySlide and Outfit Studio - Wiki

https://github.com/ousnius/BodySlide-and-Outfit-Studio/wiki

Skyrim Modding Guide by Sacremas

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/43043-skyrim-modding-guide/

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Hello!

I have a question about groups - I used to be able to get by without them but recently I've been getting an error message after trying to batch build for 850 outfits.

I realize I probably messed up somewhere, but how do I make sure ALL of the items are in groups so that I don't miss any single group when batch building group by group?

Shout like a Virgin and Toys appear to have items tagged already, but what about bodyslide files for Armor A or Armor B, or some extra outfits that were designed by a dungeon/quest mod to be used alongside SexLab and Devious Devices?

I don't mind dealing with groups, I just don't know how to set them up on my own.

Many thanks for your help.

unable.png

• 3 months later...