6 hours ago, WaxenFigure said:

That would probably have to do with the fact that the author of that revised version of the mod and everything he created seems to have vanished from the site.

I have no idea why, whether he got kicked out or left in a snit or the system lost him by mistake so don't ask.

None of the above actually.

I removed it because it was my first Mod and there were certain issues, including some design mistakes by me, that were too systemic to reasonably manage.

I may carve out / modify / and re-release some of the content in a more modular or less sprawled out format at a later date.

2 hours ago, Hugh Reckum said:

I removed it because it was my first Mod and there were certain issues, including some design mistakes by me, that were too systemic to reasonably manage.

I may carve out / modify / and re-release some of the content in a more modular or less sprawled out format at a later date.

Really hope for the return of the Ninja Sloots :)  They could have their own mod maybe like the Sinister Seven, Where some hides like they did and others try to hunt the player once in a while

5 hours ago, Hugh Reckum said:

My mistake, I was looking for a different author which I couldn't find.  Hard to remember who worked on what when the link and thread all vanish like that. Happy to know nothing bad went down though.

On 11/12/2018 at 11:25 AM, Hugh Reckum said:

Too bad :(

I was really shocked to see it is gone. Why not just remove the download and leave an explanation? The users might want to know what happened :) At least I do, hehe.

I m still not done testing the last released version, but I really liked the mod, even when there were some problems here and there. And I really loved your changes towards the punishment system. Is there a thread where we can provide some ideas for a new whiterun brothel? A mod like that is really needed and it would be perfect if it could include some sandboxing... Meaning something like an internal crime system that dynamically adds punishments that are not bound to just the domina you are with at the moment. 

Ah well, sad to see content removed from LL. It is not so much new generated these days :(

• 1 month later...
On 11/12/2018 at 9:25 PM, Hugh Reckum said:

I simply can't understand why you would remove it, and in the process destroy the hundreds of forum posts attached to it, that were a kind of resource, even if the mod itself was not going to be developed further, and contained problems that could not be fixed. Even, if some of those posts were pointless complaints about how it's still not fixed, or whatever. 

Surely, it would have been easier, simply to say: "Development on this is stopped. It's broken. I don't intend to fix it. Play this unfinished content at your own risk" ?

Surely it would have been better to do that than yank the page, and nuke the forum, in a way that left users totally in the dark, and basically blocks further discussion of the mod for those that already have it, and prevents anyone from patching or improving on it (though that might be the intent of this bizarre shenanigans).

I just do not get why you would stop people playing with it, given proper warning of its status.

• 1 month later...
On 1/15/2019 at 1:13 PM, Lupine00 said:

I simply can't understand why you would remove it, and in the process destroy the hundreds of forum posts attached to it, that were a kind of resource, even if the mod itself was not going to be developed further, and contained problems that could not be fixed. Even, if some of those posts were pointless complaints about how it's still not fixed, or whatever. 

Surely, it would have been easier, simply to say: "Development on this is stopped. It's broken. I don't intend to fix it. Play this unfinished content at your own risk" ?

Surely it would have been better to do that than yank the page, and nuke the forum, in a way that left users totally in the dark, and basically blocks further discussion of the mod for those that already have it, and prevents anyone from patching or improving on it (though that might be the intent of this bizarre shenanigans).

I just do not get why you would stop people playing with it, given proper warning of its status.

I absolutely agree. Came here to say exactly the same. I still have the files downloaded so I can play with them, but it's unfair for other people that didn't keep them. Also the topic had some helpful tips for setstage and such, regardless of how many issues there were... I'll never understand people pulling their mods down for reasons other than permissions/copyright/otherwise illegal.

• 2 months later...

@Lupine00 @Lowezar

Appreciate the feedback guys.

For me, it was fairly straight forward. - I have an expectation for any and everything that I publish to meet certain quality standards. Period.

WRB had the dilemma of having various problems that were very difficult to solve. As far as I could tell, they couldn't be resolved without gutting major aspects of the Mod. 

So, the choice was: Do I leave a Mod up that I know has problems and I can't provide adequate support? Or, do I pull the plug on the project in it's current state with the option of bringing back some of the content in a way that I feel that I can stand behind?

I chose the latter.

I get that not everyone will agree with or understand my way of thinking, but, that's life.

Anyway, I'd like to bring back some of the content at some point, but, at the moment I'm pretty busy with a Unity project, so just haven't had the time. 

20 hours ago, Hugh Reckum said:

So, the choice was: Do I leave a Mod up that I know has problems and I can't provide adequate support? Or, do I pull the plug on the project in it's current state with the option of bringing back some of the content in a way that I feel that I can stand behind?

I chose the latter.

I get that not everyone will agree with or understand my way of thinking, but, that's life.

That's the difference between modding and publishing a standalone game. Nobody expects a flawless finished product from you. Somebody someday could pick up your leftovers and create something new with it, or fix its issues, or inspire someone to create something similar from scratch. That's what modding community has usually been about. You could pull the plug like many others by adding a warning on download page that "the project is abandoned, it has serious issues that aren't easy to fix - fiddle at your own risk". And you'd be remembered for the effort you've put into it that far. It was on its own a pretty big thing already that filled a niche that no other mods here dab into. Sad to see it gone. :(

Whiterun Brothel has been also my FIRST test-mod-and it´s still available. I guess your "revamped-thread" is completely down , so that you discuss the version of tyrannt here...

Yes, lot of issuers came with this mod, also from it´s old version.  Specially the clothing and the furnitures-during that time, I tried to create furnitures-I was still learning to create them-I tested things out. So the critics related to this mod were so much different and really difficult to answer. You could at least play the old mod only with MARIA EDEN in stock, so to free yourself from the items again. 

Today I´d offer such a mod with a new and custom house mesh - of course MUCH more smaller. The brothel-theme does´t need an own quest as this is existing by MEP. So it´s only necessary to spend the location and the NPCs. 

I  release one cool brothel with some customized npcs later again. With a cool interior in "dragon-reach-style" with swimming-pool, suiting naked-functions (which then will work-lol) and custom clothing or skimpy existing cloth.

The dragon-reach-house is too big for that. 

20 hours ago, Hugh Reckum said:

@Lupine00 @Lowezar

For me, it was fairly straight forward. - I have an expectation for any and everything that I publish to meet certain quality standards. Period.

WRB had the dilemma of having various problems that were very difficult to solve. As far as I could tell, they couldn't be resolved without gutting major aspects of the Mod. 

I chose the latter.

Anyway, I'd like to bring back some of the content at some point, but, at the moment I'm pretty busy with a Unity project, so just haven't had the time. 

After what I have watched so far is the community right. I can only suggest you to bring the versions you created, back to the community. Someday you, or another member will be interested to edit or go on with it.

And I think, you one day will have your return also to skyrim-modding. (only my 80cents)

All the best;-))

22 hours ago, Hugh Reckum said:

@Lupine00 @Lowezar

I chose the latter.

why not just bring back an earlier version of WRB? I played the whole content with one version (the one before the last version) and had almost no issues with the mod itself.

Its content was overall superior to the majority of BDSM mods on Loverslab and I still think it would be a great addition with even some replay value. 

Its sad that it was taken down completly, because we already lack a lot of content. I understand your quality demand, but I think pulling the mod was... in a way, worse than keeping it up and just add a warning and maybe suggest to use an earlier version or make the mod free for adoption.

I use alot of very old and unsupported mods and just use of them what is possible for me to soak the content out of them. Mostly works well (Slaves of Tamriel, Island of Mara, Wolfclub... all those are way older and buggier than Whiterun Brothel and I still would not want to miss them).

^^^^^^^    Hugh, that´s really fine (isn´t it?) , and send me p.m. if you start creating a new skyrim installation:-)   ^^^^^^

(and beside I may have created a better "home" for maybe another "Whiterun-Brothel")

Help, I have the mod and all of the requirements, for Zaz I am using Zaz pack 8 plus bc another mod required this version. will this mod still work with 8 plus or does it need ZAP 8? The issue I am having with the mod is that every time I try to enter the building I get stuck in a loading screen. (presumably the game has crashed and it stuck in a loading screen, bc the usual loading screen item and info so not show up.)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Fellas,

Got an issue, right at the start after i talk to sadistica, or anyone, i get the gear equipped on me and sadistica's second sex scene hangs indefinitely. right after she says something like "now lets try your ass" , it says : this person is busy.

any ideas what would cause this? 

i can post my mod list, but its huge.

• 1 month later...

It might just be me... But, I am doing the Dwarven Machine quest, the one Zoe sends you to get right. Anyway, finding it is pretty easy really, what does not seem to be easy to find is the Lever to open the secret Door down in the watery pit of total boredom?!?

Please if anyone knows the exact location of this mysterious and for me impossible to find lever that would be so totally awesome, especially if you share this elusive knowledge so I can get out of the Pit of Boredom...

By Pit of Boredom I do mean where you find the Ancient Chest and swim around in all that water, with the pop up that says something about an outline of a secret door and maybe I should look around... yes I have looked all over except it would seem where the lever or button is to open that secret door...

• 3 months later...

Hello,

this mod is so much "buged", that it´s not worth to look for all it´s bad-made  details-that has been my first mod and it HAS tons of bugs-errors or simply architectural wrong structure. Specially the clothing which I implemented from the original mod would have better been made simply as a dependency, than to try to integrate it fully. The complete cell is huge and not optimized correctly -  so it´s not working well - in the past I wanted to see, how well is the engine working.

The quests I created and I forgot to put them into the upload...the building is a "merged" version of the dragons-reach-house and is not exactly something own and new...The black faces may be appearing, because I did not let the mod to create the NPC-faces - I do not remember.

If that all is being ported to skyrim se, I can imagine that it is finally becoming a very bad result.

I don´t know if I have also put the shoes into this mod-if not, they need the dependency of the luxurycollesction mod as well...

The location conflict is an old story and an interesting aspect-yes-but I like that location too and the conflict with other homes-in this case it was a quite popular mod of nexus-I did not car about. It must not be that mods which are first have something like a territorial "right" to quit other creators from using their places. In that case has the gamer to decide, what s/he wants and if s/he likes, s/he can put the mod to a different place.

Means that in future I will use that place I personally like and prefer-if then a correction is wanted, you can do what you like with it. BTW are lot of "home-mods" cluttering the outside area in various way-the more stuff, the more it´s technically worse if you don´t build up a special new house-mesh-it´s a question of techical skills to add stuff in a game-conform way. Anyway is the most stuff working well.

I´ll create something completely new after ZAP.

20 hours ago, t.ara said:

Hello,

this mod is so much "buged", that it´s not worth to look for all it´s bad-made  details-that has been my first mod and it HAS tons of bugs-errors or simply architectural wrong structure. Specially the clothing which I implemented from the original mod would have better been made simply as a dependency, than to try to integrate it fully. The complete cell is huge and not optimized correctly -  so it´s not working well - in the past I wanted to see, how well is the engine working.

The quests I created and I forgot to put them into the upload...the building is a "merged" version of the dragons-reach-house and is not exactly something own and new...The black faces may be appearing, because I did not let the mod to create the NPC-faces - I do not remember.

If that all is being ported to skyrim se, I can imagine that it is finally becoming a very bad result.

I don´t know if I have also put the shoes into this mod-if not, they need the dependency of the luxurycollesction mod as well...

The location conflict is an old story and an interesting aspect-yes-but I like that location too and the conflict with other homes-in this case it was a quite popular mod of nexus-I did not car about. It must not be that mods which are first have something like a territorial "right" to quit other creators from using their places. In that case has the gamer to decide, what s/he wants and if s/he likes, s/he can put the mod to a different place.

Means that in future I will use that place I personally like and prefer-if then a correction is wanted, you can do what you like with it. BTW are lot of "home-mods" cluttering the outside area in various way-the more stuff, the more it´s technically worse if you don´t build up a special new house-mesh-it´s a question of techical skills to add stuff in a game-conform way. Anyway is the most stuff working well.

I´ll create something completely new after ZAP.

Maybe you should put buged or something in the title to warn newer the newer lab experiments (evil laugh here) so they are forewarned.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...