[English] Dark Bloodline v3.0b-en01 [18 Dec 2012]

Is it still possivle to download the mod? I can't find a working download link.

Yes, the mod is still up at gamesource.ru but you have to register there first.  Google translate can help you do so.  Registration is free and has no requirements beyond a working email address.

• 1 month later...

just for warning the english translated version in first page is buggy ; quests do not trigger and i had try it in a lot of position in load order even the english fixed one has a random crashing : something has been missed out in variables with lust or anims may be i had to switch off lovers mb it seems to work better with loversbitch, there is to much possibilities, but the mod got me bald and frustrated. And still i think the original version works better and the autor did a great and a lot of work  with a lot of cool staff. Well i think i am cursed as i did not learn the russian spell .

just for warning the english translated version in first page is buggy ; quests do not trigger and i had try it in a lot of position in load order even the english fixed one has a random crashing : something has been missed out in variables with lust or anims may be i had to switch off lovers mb it seems to work better with loversbitch, there is to much possibilities, but the mod got me bald and frustrated. And still i think the original version works better and the autor did a great and a lot of work  with a lot of cool staff. Well i think i am cursed as i did not learn the russian spell .

FYI, there is another thread for this. One where I and others have left behinf lots of notes for others to follow.

There you will find that I've made note that the original author has actually merged into DB, their own version of MB2. So yes, disabling LoversMB2 is required. I had success playing it at first way down in my LO, even below my bashed patch. Now it seems content to reside below most of my Lovers MODs.

I've managed to work through and fix some of the bugs, but sadly not all. Life takes precidence, even over Oblivion at times. My next beta release is on the horizon, but it may be a version that others don't care for as I've changed some things that the original author had done, and may change more before I decide to release it, if I ever do. Depends on interest. This version in this thread, may have a much better translation too. I got a bit tired and lazy towards the end.

You've been warned...

well yes i've been warned    thanks       cheers :)

I would definitely be interested in your version! It's a shame that such a great mod was abandoned. 

Well, I don't see myself releasing that for some time yet, just figured I'd mention that.

I had some time off between employment contracts and have been jumping all over the place fixing and tweaking MODs I personally use, Dark Bloodline being one of them.

As it stands right now I'm trying to remove the 'merged' version of MB2 that the author came up with and added into this. I prefer to use modularity so that can be maintained as a seperate MOD.

I have a list of a couple or few World edits needing to be fixed, as well as more script reviews to try and determine what's broken, or just disable them till someone with deeper insight into scripts can.

Last but not least I'm looking for a tool that will package up all the changes & additions I've made with the new ESP, but have had no luck finding such a tool. That leaves me with using OBMM's data file listing and doing it manually, and that's a lot of work.

I'll post in the 'other' DB thread if and when I release something again.

you need definitively use tes4edit it is more simple   but in anyway you'll need time and courage  

• 2 months later...

hi, i completed all the quests up until the one where you need to bring 10 brigand heads. however when i complete that contract it doesnt start a new quest dialog not even when i pick up the next contract (the one that has you kill 10 brigands and 5 warlords near inns) and vincent doesnt give me an option to register for that contract - any hints or advice? if not maybe the quest ID so i can use setstage?

Help is appriciated, THX

Great mod up until here though!

hi, i completed all the quests up until the one where you need to bring 10 brigand heads. however when i complete that contract it doesnt start a new quest dialog not even when i pick up the next contract (the one that has you kill 10 brigands and 5 warlords near inns) and vincent doesnt give me an option to register for that contract - any hints or advice? if not maybe the quest ID so i can use setstage?

Help is appriciated, THX

Great mod up until here though!

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished playing this update. Intalled oblivion after a very long time...

here is a fix for those experiencing problems with plugin. 

Hints/ spoliers / walkthough included...

- recompiled all scripts --> posing problems with quest not working

- added quest markers --> thats for myself i hate to look around

-added a scroll to get rid of curse--> because v 3b main curse quest is still unfished {at source}..

this uses file in this post as base...

-ice29 

PatchDBv3bFIX_01-EN.7z

• 3 weeks later...

Just finished playing this update. Intalled oblivion after a very long time...

here is a fix for those experiencing problems with plugin. 

Hints/ spoliers / walkthough included...

thank you so much icecold ,

i am a huge fan off this mod but have always found it to have serious bugs especially with the quest that have made it not worth your while installing.Infact I would recommend not installing this mod without a fix, as I know that many of the quest are just broken at least in the eng translation esp. But there is alot to like about this mod- the headhunting , the prostitutes and their awesome clothes,the bandits,the custom races, the more male orientation of the quests.So I shall give it one more shot .I do so serious miss those bandits. 

• 3 weeks later...

I've got a couple of questions regarding this mod. These consist of some spoilers so I'd recommend that you don't read this if you have reached the third rank or haven't completed the quest for it.

1. Is the missing girls quest the final quest of version 3.0? I completed it and there appears to be no more contracts for that same rank. Also, Vincent hasn't given me any new dialogue for promotions.

2. When you go into the shack for the second time, are the bandit members supposed to be non-hostile? They don't do anything but stand there while their prisoners run by them in freedom.

3. Also, Is it possible for the player to be "re-captured" by the mage or the orc somehow? There's a vacant cell (albeit with a zombie corpse but still) in the dungeon which made me wonder.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Mad God:  I just finished Dark Bloodlines last night.  See spoiler:

1. According to icecold29's hints in the patch download here, contract 273 is the last quest of the mod.  You can use the scroll in his patched .esp to lift the curse since there is presently no way to get rid of it.

2.  On the 2nd visit, the bandits were not hostile to my PC either. I killed them before venturing further and saving the girls.  They only got hostile once I attacked them, which made things easier.

3. icecold29's walk through doesn't indicate a 2nd recapture is possible.  The quest is pretty long as it is, I'd be surprised if you could be recaptured.  The empty cell is maybe where they kept the dead girl?

dragenx:  Don't know if you still need help:

The 1st love letter is between the khajiit's chest and the rug; it should be directly in front of your PC's feet if you are standing in front of the chest. It's a crumpled piece of paper, rather difficult to see.  The 2nd is behind a cabinet and looks like a regular folded letter with a red seal.

I always wanted to try this mod, But I could never get there we page to allow me to download it.   And with out the Meshes, and texture's its just an un playable mess for me.

Is  shame, I wanted to at least see it.

I had to use Chrome and it's auto translate functionality to get through the forum registration process. But once that was done the download worked fine.

It was extremely crashy for me at first. I had trouble with transitions, waiting in the Chorrol faction house, and especially saving the game. It might have been due to my save game being very old (300+ hours). So I started a new game and new character and had no CTDs at all.

yes I have tried to register there , but for some reason, I have never been able too.  I would like to at least have tried it, It sounded very interesting.

****Edited***

Yeah just tried again, and it just won't let me access... It even seemed to set me up and account, but then the account is not available. I think I have ran out of Email addresses trying..

really sucks..LOL

It is a shame that all of Volpal translation efforts are Moot for me at this point, as with out the Archive for this Mod, the ESP is useless

The english esp from this page and the files from gamesource.ru

DarkBloodline.7z.001 to DarkBloodline.7z.005

I have not  downloaded all but the first 7z is 203MB, so I think all 5 files = 1GB. Yes it could be that you miss 1 or 2 meshes or textures without these files   :D 

Okay, I finally got it, and the translator made many of the problems you may be seeing. in the first few quest At leasts. I remember making them to, and extra space here or there in some places is enough to shut down some functions ( and certain punctuations do not translate right, so you have to re look at those ). but I have not made it that far.

Can some one explain to me what the deal is with this invincible Demon. I checked the script, and unless I change a few things there is no way to kill it.

It happens when I go to arrest Hatin. I force the lock, enter the House, and bam I am in a small arena. When I touch the Glowing ball in the center this Demon appears, and she is un killable. and if she kills you game over.

What am I missing here ?