[English] Dark Bloodline v3.0b-en01 [18 Dec 2012]

This is an English translation of the mod
Dark Bloodline by odema

Includes esp/readme only. Full mod download on the first post of the gamesource.ru forum thread linked above. Make note the archive password there.

Alrighty, a few days ago Nepro PM'd me about traslating Dark Bloodline v3.0b. It's been a long time since I've played Oblivion (my computer died and I've been putting off messing with it again ever since), but what the heck--thanks to his prodding and some contribution, I went ahead and did it.

Some translation notes:
-- I've hardly played the new version. Therefore, some the translation may not be as sensitive to context as I would like.
-- Just as in the previous version, I've translated "ярость" as "fury", since that closely matches the general connotation. However, the new version has a clear Seven Deadly Sins motif, which is commonly called "wrath" in English. Straddling between them, "rage" might actually work better.
-- I've taken a slight liberties with a few of the NPC names. But the only remotely important one is Фореш, who is a Redguard, and since they are thinly-veiled Moor expies, I've called him Faraj, a genuine Arabic name, instead of Foresh, which sounds ridiculous in English.
-- Comments welcome.

EDIT 27 Oct 2013: The author has disappeared and has been gone for a while, and the mod links on GSru forums aren't available anymore. In one of his last messages on that forum (Feb 2012), he said that he had no plans to continue the mod and no time for any such thing anyway. However, since he said that he intended to re-upload the mod to some other file-service, I don't think he'll mind that someone else on GSru did that for him. In any case, I'll be contacting him soon regardless.

Пока не планирую продолжать мод, тк нет времени на его разработку. Проверил свои ссылки - проклятые пиндосы прикрыли по каким-то известным лишь им одним причинам мой любимый файлообменник (megaupload) - очень жаль, т.к. файлы с него после регистрацци скачивались бесплатно и с большой скоростью... Может, как появится время, залью файлы куда-нибудь еще.

*** Download here.

README - 3.0b

Requirements:
=============
* Gold Edition of Oblivion
* Lovers With PK v1.3.2 REV74 or later
* OBSE v20 or later
* HG EyeCandy Body
* Robert Male Body Replacer V4 (or V5 Beta)
* Corronera Skeletons (or any other skeleton supporting BBB(Better Bouncing Boobs))
* Dialogue subtitles will be included automatically when this plugin is active.
* For the working of many scripts, configuration of Xlovers with PK regarding duration of sex acts should be standard: 1st pose 16, 2nd pose 12, 3rd pose 8, 4th pose 4 seconds.

Description:
============
This plugin adds a new faction and guild, the Brotherhood of Shadows. The guild deals with catching of criminals and extermination of monsters in Tamriel (bounty hunting). The search for, capture, and execution of criminals is handled through a system of contracts and is closely connected to the work of agents of the Brotherhood.
The elements of the mod revolve around a common theme. During the progression of the main quest of the mod, the player will gain new unique abilities. Environment and location-based puzzles are planned to be introduced.
The questline is the same for both male and female characters.
I have redrawn many textures and objects, environments, interior/exterior locations, as well as weapons and armor. Many textures are new.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
->>>>Version 2.0b (01/03/2011):<<<<-
==========================
Adding 32 new weapons and 4 sets of armor (though not all available to the player), new clothes (dresses, shoes, underwear), unique fight animations, greets, NPC scripts, etc.
Also in version 2.0, new races, some of which are for NPCs.
The plugin automatically includes subtitles in the options, because they are required for dialogues with NPCs and the completion of some quests.
The mod changes the standard textures of bones and skeletons.
Many other small changes.

Justice System:
===============
A revised system of crime and punishment.
The prisons now contains inmates, rapists who will react to a female character. Also contain posters of erotic content.

Banditry:
=========
On the roads, intersections, and near inns, there are now gangs of bandits. Dialogue with criminals and rapists in prison have a lot of options and randomly generated answers, as well as a wide variety of sex animations.

Hunting Criminals:
==================
In version 2.0, the player receives the special axe "Ripper", which enables beheading of any human corpse in the game. To use it, approach the corpse, press and hold the grab key (z by default), and press the attack button.
The bandit heads (any from original Oblivion or those added by the mod) are worth a bounty from any imperial guard or the Brotherhood of Shadows (the reward is dependent on rank in the guild). Besides bandits, any NPC corpse can be beheaded.
Besides "Ripper", the Brotherhood of Shadows also has one more weapon for beheading, the "Moon Shard".

After the head is cut off from a corpse, the weapon will be covered with blood (changing appearance and inventory icon). The appearance of the weapon is saved with the game. The blood can be cleaned off with the help of a special item--cleaning rags that are sold in the Brotherhood of Shadows guild.

Wraith's Curse:
===============
During the mod quests, the player receives the Wraith's Curse, which forces the player to kill people, monsters, or animals every day, in order to avoid penalties to abilities.

Incarnation of Fury:
====================
This is a special ability that the player receives during the quest line. To use it, the player will need the special item "Materia of Fury", which is sometimes dropped by defeated enemies.

->>>>Version 3.0b (24/09/2011):<<<<-
==========================

General Changes:
================
- Added one more contract with the new mod version.
- Some cosmetic changes from 2.0 - textual changes, characters, armor, objects, and scripts.
- Completed the plot development and quest hierarchy for the whole plugin.
- Fixed a bug with bandits, less XP for first boss (fury demon), amulet and sword of Ether is now destroyed adter killing the boss (earlier one could take them out and sell them for 10k).
- Added rats of normal size.
- Reworked the enemies in Ether for character level. Modified the skeleton of demon.
- A new system of magic shaders associtated with the quest line.
- Reworked scripts for Amel's curse and system for obtaining materia.
- Removed unneded spam when cutting off heads.
- Changed the weight of severed heads (5->10)
- Eliminated dialogue conflicts (empty dialogue from Bethesda) with LoversAdultYield, Lovers Bitch, Claudia Secret and many other plugin that are unlucky enough to use rubbish left by Bethesda.
- Now certain deeds during play will receive points of good or bad reputation.
- Fixed a bug where new weapons, armor, and clothing were not added to the merchants in the guild when the player receives a new rank.
- Added more than 70 new clothing items for girls of easy virtue (counting models that had textures redrawn by me)
- Added new weapons.
- To the races in 2.0b, added more than 50 new races, most of them based on the races of XEO.
- Changes were made to the models, almost all the textures, and normal maps.
- Completely redrawn from scratch hair textures:
*Ren (3 textures),
*Corean (2 textures),
*Sulhwa (2 textures),
*Saram (2 textures),
*HS_Hair model.
This a brand new higher-resolution texture 1024x1024 and 2048x1024. Some alpha layers were unchanged.
- Added more than 70 eye textures (28 of them take pupils from Cernasites Dragon Eyes and boundary from Ren) and new brow textures.

Character Shaders:
==================
* While adventuring, the character can be covered in blood, dirt, or sperm. Depending on the degree of contamination, the character will lose personality points and the surrounding NPCs will begin to disapprove of the character. To wash up, one needs to swim in any body of water, or spend some time in the open rain (personality points recovered).

Fun with Dryads:
================
* While adventuring and after the completion of some optional tasks, the character, whether female or male, will have the opportunity to spend some fun time with two dryads for a modest fee.

Masturbation:
=============
* While adventuring, a female character can gain masturbation skill (adapted from LoversMB2).
-Ability to masturbate with vegetables. (Look for any of the common corn or carrots).
-If the character is in a public place, then a crowd of spectators will form around her.
-Added audience reactions to masturbating player. (Dependening on class of spectator: For example, if you are caught by a priest, then he will pray nearby; if some drunk or beggar, then he will stare , make fun, or also get his tool out and begin ..., or just run away. If some lady sees you, she will also run away from there.)
-Different penis models for the spectators.
-If the player is noticed by a city guard, then a system of fines will be applied.
-Added replicas of spectators, guards during the process.
-Added sharer effects in the new shader systems, of which I previously wrote in an update. (Similarly to Bloody Mess, but the character can be smeared not only in blood, but also in semen, dirt, etc. And in this case, since masturbation is done in the nude, only her skin is smeared. The armor remains clean. This affects disposition toward the player and charm. Washing can be done by swimming or standing for some time in the rain.)

Prostitution:
=============
* The plugin adds 3 types of prostitutes to the game: rural, urban, and elite. They can be found in all cities and brothels of Cyrodiil. Eacg type has her own animation, demeanor, dialogue, services, and cost. They all have unique look, body, voice during sex, clothers, and shoes. The girls support the BBB system (using the skelton from Corronera mod). (The player and other NPCs are not affected!)

- Dialogues and scripts are tightly related, so that the ladies will behave differently when the player invites them for sex. Everything depends on the place (some will consider interior or exterior important), player actions (for example, some ladies will refuse to have sex if the player is trespassing in someone's house with her) and the total number of spectators (public or private place).
- Besides that, on every lady has a script that controls emotions and appearance. Partially checked -- there shouldn't be glitches, except for minor script errors because of my carelessness.
- Added a lot of clothes, stockings (torn and whole), and shoes. Real High Heels I've not used to avoid incompatibilities. Almost all the added clothing has altered meshes (removed some clothing elements and in all prostitute clothing will lack underwear. I think it's more realistic for medieval fantasy. However, this does not affect the prostitute in brothels). The original textures are preserved, but almost all of them redrawn. Thus, there will be two types -- original and old, dirty, torn, or dusty clothing (redrawn), and in some cases completely redrawn.

Installation:
=============
Unpack in (installation directory)\Oblivion\Data\
Order of plugins:
Lovers with PK.esm
Lovers with PK.esp
DarkBloodline.esp
LoversIdleAnimsPriority.esp

Potential Conflics with Other Plugins:
======================================
* Bandit Hideouts (Used only location from this mod)
* Better Cities (potentially)
* Unique Landscapes (potentially)
* Open Cities (Problem with guild location)
* Bloody Mess (In my mod there are identical shader systems -- potential conflicts)
* Delivery Job v8 (Puts a house where the guild is)
* Bananasplit Better Cities (Puts a house where the guild is)

OLD STUFF:

You can also drop the author a line in in this thread.

Lovers with PK rev74 or later and OBSE v19 or later are required.
Replaces LoversTrueCrime (TrueCrime is pre-alpha test version of Dark Bloodline).
Known Incompatibilities:

• LoversSurrender will mess up certain dialogues.
  • Delivery Job conflicts with Chorrol guildhouse placement.

Possible Incompatibilities:

• LoversBitch may cause problems if loaded after DarkBloodline, but seems to work if loaded before.

Experimental: Version 3 attempts to resolve some of those incompatibilities. It seems to work... will see in regards to feedback.

Excerpt from readme file:

Description
===========
This plugin adds a new faction and guild, the Brotherhood of Shadows. The guild deals with catching criminals and monsters in Tamriel (bounty hunting). The search for, capture, and execution of criminals is handled through a system of contracts and is closely connected to the work of agents of the Brotherhood.
The elements of the mod revolve around a common theme. During the progression of the main quest of the mod, the player will gain new unique abilities. Environment and location-based puzzles are planned to be introduced.
I have redrawn many textures and objects, environments, interior/exterior locations, as well as weapons and armor. Many textures are new.

Version 2.0
===========
Adding 32 new weapons and 4 sets of armor (though not all available to the player), new clothes (dresses, shoes, underwear), unique fight animations, greets, NPC scripts, etc.
Also in version 2.0, new races, some of which are for NPCs.
A revised system of crime and punishment.
The prisons now contains inmates.
On the roads, intersections, and near inns, there are now gangs of bandits.
Subtitles are automatically included, as they are necessary for conversations with NPCs during completion of certain quests.

Hunting Criminals
=================
In version 2.0, the player receives the special axe "Ripper", which enables beheading of any human corpse in the game. To use it, approach the corpse, press and hold the grab key (z by default), and press the attack button.
The bandit heads (any from original Oblivion or those added by the mod) are worth a bounty from any imperial guard or the Brotherhood of Shadows (the reward is dependent on rank in the guild). Besides bandits, any npc corpse can be beheaded.
Besides "Ripper", the Brotherhood of Shadows also has one more weapon for beheading, the "Moon Shard".
After the head is cut off from a corpse, the weapon will be covered with blood (changing appearance and inventory icon). The appearance of the weapon is saved with the game. The blood can be cleaned off with the help of a special item--cleaning rags that are sold in the Brotherhood of Shadows guild.

Wraith's Curse
==============
During the mod quests, the player receives the Wraith's Curse, which forces the player to kill people, monsters, or animals every day, in order to avoid penalties to abilities.

Incarnation of Fury
===================
This is a special ability that the player receives during the quest line. To use it, the player will need the special item "Rage Materia", which is sometimes dropped by defeated enemies.

DarkBloodline-v2.0b-en-v01.7z

DarkBloodline-v2.0b-en-v02.7z

DarkBloodline-v2.0b-en-v03.7z

DarkBloodline-v3.0b-en-v01.7z

Perhaps a bit too fast. There's a quest entry that's cut off and some spelling errors sprinkled here and there. I'll work on getting those issues fixed.

Ah well, I knew I was going to be putting a revised version eventually... I guess it's going to have to be sooner.

I'm planning to eventually make another revision after some feedback, but not too soon.

The only important problem the current version has seems to be of the text in the book items is in Russian (it's actually translated--I just forgot to remove the Russian as I was typing the translation, so, for example, the Love Letter has both Russian and English text, rather than just English).

But there are things I'm not happy with:

• The Hunter and Huntress ranks. For example, the Russian word for the female rank can be more directly translated as hound (as in hunting dog), but I'm unable to think of something in English that both maintains a male/female distinction and is appropriate (e.g. bitch is not appropriate).
  • The Russian word for bounty hunter literally means hunter of heads. This is not really important to the plot, but it is so very fitting to the mod, and is lost in English. Maybe I'll use head-hunter in some places.
  • Some wording of certain dialogue. For example, a few lines of the sex dialogue contains a Russian word that (in context) means 'present and make available for use', but my English is not good enough to say that without sounding hokey.

Basically, if anyone plays this mod and thinks of a good idiom to express what is said that would improve the style, please share.

Also, how does everyone feel about Donkey-Nightwing version of TrueCrime? Their sex dialogue was very frequently less a translation and more a complete rewriting, but it did have a certain panache that people might like... if so, I can also go beg them for permission to re-use it for another version.

New version, v03. Didn't get to do much textual revision.

• Fixed remaining Russian text in Love Letter. (Edit: Damnit.)
  • Experimental: Attempted to make compatible with LoversSurrender/LoversAdultYield, LoversBitch, Claudia's Little Secret

As far as I can tell, the dialogue issues with those mods are resolved.

If there are no more bug reports concerning them, I will update the first post to make v03 the primary version.

In the meantime, see attachment at the bottom of the first post to download.

Update: Claudia's Little Secret has six versions of Augusta Calidia, which is what's causing the no-dialogue-option problem. I'll see if that can be fixed if the rest of the side quest works.

• 5 months later...

the translation is good, i am having a problem with some of the quests though... i picked up a contract that requires me to kill ringleaders and they are supposed to be near some inns. two problems with that: one- i can not register myself for the contract. i just read it but vincent won't give me the topic. second- there are no bandits near these inns. not the ones with ringleaders anyway, sometimes just regular brigands. what should i do? cool mod by the way, wouldn't have tried it if not for the translation.

Hi, Dark Bloodline is realy funny, but i have little trouble with grab key. I have rebind it to numpad 1 and it don't work. When i rebind it back to "z" it's ok. Also i have issue with Etna. She have only face texture and other textures / meshes missing. Do you have some tip how to fix it? Thank you.

• 5 months later...

I installed the esp from DarkBloodline-v2.0b-en-v03.7z +

the mesh, sound etc from the russian version 2.0b

Mod is great fun so far I really like chopping the heads of the bandits and selling them from a nice profit to the IC guards.

The punishment if u go to jail is nice to:)

Quest Bug

-----------

So i though i would try the quests.

Joined the guild and got my first assignment to return some stolen silver jug or something.

the quest info said to speak to some beggars in the waterfront about the location of the stolen silver.

Spoke to some beggars at the waterfront and was told some khanjit had been selling stolen stuff.

I broke into the khanhit's house at the waterfront and found a locked

chest and got a undate to the quest to speak to a guild member about how to break into the chest.

Spoke to guild member they suggested I confront the khanjit when he was alone and force him to open the chest

fast travelled back to waterfront and waited til night fall and tried to break into the khanjits place to confront him.Instead of being able to open the door to his shack (so that i could then confront him) i just fell through the ground slowly and kept falling

Not sure what to do now.

perhaps i have to confront him outside and get his key or something before breaking into his place a second time to recover the stolen silver?

Any ideas? is there a way to complete the quest using console commands so that I can move onto other quests?

THanks

Did you reload and try again? Sometimes you fall through the floor in games due to a hiccup in the engine' date=' not due to any mod in use.

[/quote']

I have tried it twice with the same result but maybe i will try it again and maybe just save alot:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

:D Looks interesting!

So it's like Populated prisons mod, lovers true crime mod, and with a new guild, quest and items?

What do you mean with "A revised system of crime and punishment"? (some changes from the true crime version?)

edit: do we need only the esp? (true crime has more files required: meshes, textures and obse folders)

re-edit: only the esp here ok, I'll download the other files from the russian version! (sorry!)

• 5 weeks later...

Sadly oblivion died but it is being reborn again and i must have darkbloodlines or I will miss out on all the fun of headhunting and those nasty bandits who ambush you at crossroads.plus cool quests

! spent ages to find download links to version 2 at http://dbmod.ucoz.org/load/dark_bloodline_v2_0b_complete/1-1-0-1

but cant proceed from there. megaupload links are dead and I cant make heads or tails(understand) how to download from the russian rapidshare links to get the russian version so i can use the english esp,dunno if they exist I can only see adds and such .

ok managed to download version 3 at http://gamesource.ru/index.php?showtopic=1674 near the bottom of the page yellow color .

do any of the english esp work with this version?there was some mention of version 3 in the introduction,or do the translate eps work only with the 2b version which I am having trouble downloading

Does this esp work with v3 DarkBloodline-v2.0b-en-v03.7z

OK I found that if you use google chrome browser it has a translate option and I can say the version 2 link are dead but the version 3 are good