Could there be an "imageshare" section for LL?

Lizzy

I don't just mean the forums, because I know there are threads for that.

Lately, author tracking has been down at the Nexus thanks to tons of traffic for Skyrim Remastered.

Also, several of their servers went down. Of course there's always Flickr.

But! Loverslab is the perfect place to post "whatever we want" (within the law of course).

I think a specific section for only sharing images, with the same tools as forum posts, would be perfect :D

Opinions? Ideas? Disagreements?

Lately, author tracking has been down at the Nexus thanks to tons of traffic for Skyrim Remastered.

But! Loverslab is the perfect place to post "whatever we want" (within the law of course).

I think a specific section for only sharing images, with the same tools as forum posts, would be perfect :D

It is not image sharing site, so why waste bandwidth for images?

Despite being very slow, the Skyrim Nexus is working perfectly fine for me in regards to notifications and the like. So, I'm not very sure what the problem is, but it's probably only temporary (until they get things sorted out over there). There are many threads on LL that act almost like the Nexus' image share section, but perhaps more specific to a certain type of pictures... that's probably why there's no IS section.

Bandwidth won't permit it. Right now it would be considered resource spent on a useless feature. Threads locked and redirected like never before. Old screenshot threads locked and diminished. It's just math.

Bandwidth won't permit it. Right now it would be considered resource spent on a useless feature. Threads locked and redirected like never before. Old screenshot threads locked and diminished. It's just math.

People just can create public booru and post link to it here.

It has a comment system with nois tag system

but if LL wants to compete with Nexus, then we are gonna need some updates. Download section especially needs some major redesigns.

Just because Dark0ne doesn't feel like paying for the costs his site generates doesn't mean someone else's site should be obligated to pick up the difference and additional cost incurred thereof. It's not like any of this was going to be a surprise.

There's already popularity contest threads as it is, if you need people fawning over your "hard work" (face it, posing is not hard work; it's certainly a pain in the ass given the ad hoc tools used and Skyrim's propensity for randomly crashing, but it isn't a herculean effort in which thousands of orphans were saved from certain death) this probably isn't right place either given the laissez-faire attitude on opinions, both positive and negative.

It's not, of course. But that was pretty much the point of me bringing this topic up. It could be.

Images are the backbone of video games! How else do you know what one looks like?

Or to feature awesome mods! Should we only stick to videos on YouTube?

Despite being very slow, the Skyrim Nexus is working perfectly fine for me in regards to notifications and the like. So, I'm not very sure what the problem is, but it's probably only temporary (until they get things sorted out over there). They are many threads on LL that act almost like the Nexus' image share section, but perhaps more specific to a certain type of pictures... that's probably why there's no IS section.

That might be why I'm only getting notifications for Skyrim over there. Frankly, I'm quite done with Skyrim.

I've done just about everything in that game, and.. way too many times.

Why do people insist on calling fun "useless"? It's fun! Of course fun has no point other than entertainment, but that's the use!

but if LL wants to compete with Nexus, then we are gonna need some updates. Download section especially needs some major redesigns.

Booru? Imageboards? Chan mentality.. memes? Anonymous? Um.. ew  <_<

I remember some kind of update months ago (or was it that long?). A whole change to the interface here.

And the downloads got bjorked. In the end, this the old interface had to be brought back.

Just because Dark0ne doesn't feel like paying for the costs his site generates doesn't someone else's site should be obligated to pick up the difference and additional cost incurred thereof. It's not like any of this was going to be a surprise.

There's already popularity contest threads as it is, if you need people fawning over your "hard work" (face it posing is not hard work; it's certainly a pain in the ass given the ad hoc tools used and Skyrim's propensity for randomly crashing, but it isn't a herculean effort in which thousands of orphans were saved from certain death) this probably isn't right place either given the laissez-faire attitude on opinions, both positive and negative.

While fawning happens to the point of (EXTREME) annoyance at the Nexus, I don't need anyone fawning over my "hard" work. I just need a medium where I can post without the whole "click it and forget it" nonsense. Flickr has that. Favorites. The Nexus is less oriented towards it, but endorsements are still there. I could really do with a place that doesn't have favorites or endorsements. Granted, I treat each screenshot with personal care by editing visual problems such as grain, skin discoloration, pixelation (especially in dark areas over Bethesda games) and fix "clipping". That's minus the visual additions I make so the shot doesn't look dull. But I don't think we need a "herculean effort where thousands of orphans are saved from certain death" in order to enjoy ourselves. That's a pretty weird statement. Laissez-faire is exactly what's needed for an imageshare! So much traffic here has been from people that have dealt with the removal of their images or mods by the Nexus admins. They're far too strict in regards to screens and opinions. That's why I thought of this place immediately.

But responses here aren't laissez-faire. If anything, everybody enjoys shooting opinions down. At least in my experience.

That's probably because they can. There's an admirable freedom of speech here.

While over at the Nexus people must coat their passive aggressive statements with smileys and if they don't like a game-mod, say nothing.

(And must never disagree with Nexus staff or get banned) Oh well. Back to the old mediums  :unsure:

It's not, of course. But that was pretty much the point of me bringing this topic up. It could be.

Images are the backbone of video games! How else do you know what one looks like?

Or to feature awesome mods! Should we only stick to videos on YouTube?

Despite being very slow, the Skyrim Nexus is working perfectly fine for me in regards to notifications and the like. So, I'm not very sure what the problem is, but it's probably only temporary (until they get things sorted out over there). They are many threads on LL that act almost like the Nexus' image share section, but perhaps more specific to a certain type of pictures... that's probably why there's no IS section.

That might be why I'm only getting notifications for Skyrim over there. Frankly, I'm quite done with Skyrim.

I've done just about everything in that game, and.. way too many times.

Why do people insist on calling fun "useless"? It's fun! Of course fun has no point other than entertainment, but that's the use!

Booru? Imageboards? Chan mentality.. memes? Anonymous? Um.. ew  <_<

I remember some kind of update months ago (or was it that long?). A whole change to the interface here.

And the downloads got bjorked. In the end, this the old interface had to be brought back.

Just because Dark0ne doesn't feel like paying for the costs his site generates doesn't someone else's site should be obligated to pick up the difference and additional cost incurred thereof. It's not like any of this was going to be a surprise.

There's already popularity contest threads as it is, if you need people fawning over your "hard work" (face it posing is not hard work; it's certainly a pain in the ass given the ad hoc tools used and Skyrim's propensity for randomly crashing, but it isn't a herculean effort in which thousands of orphans were saved from certain death) this probably isn't right place either given the laissez-faire attitude on opinions, both positive and negative.

While fawning happens to the point of (EXTREME) annoyance at the Nexus, I don't need anyone fawning over my "hard" work. I just need a medium where I can post without the whole "click it and forget it" nonsense. Flickr has that. Favorites. The Nexus is less oriented towards it, but endorsements are still there. I could really do with a place that doesn't have favorites or endorsements. Granted, I treat each screenshot with personal care by editing visual problems such as grain, skin discoloration, pixelation (especially in dark areas over Bethesda games) and fix "clipping". That's minus the visual additions I make so the shot doesn't look dull. But I don't think we need a "herculean effort where thousands of orphans are saved from certain death" in order to enjoy ourselves. That's a pretty weird statement. Laissez-faire is exactly what's needed for an imageshare! So much traffic here has been from people that have dealt with the removal of their images or mods by the Nexus admins. They're far too strict in regards to screens and opinions. That's why I thought of this place immediately.

But responses here aren't laissez-faire. If anything, everybody enjoys shooting opinions down. At least in my experience.

That's probably because they can. There's an admirable freedom of speech here.

While over at the Nexus people must coat their passive aggressive statements with smileys and if they don't like a game-mod, say nothing.

(And must never disagree with Nexus staff or get banned) Oh well. Back to the old mediums  :unsure:

It is really matter of costs. Not so long ago Ashal voiced his concerns about site financial support (for long time he was only one paying for it). So wasting space for anything else than mods is seen a waste here.

I never said it wasn't fun, I'm just saying that's just the point of view of it right now. But maybe useless was too strong of a word and pointless could of fitted better in that sentence of mine.

It is really matter of costs. Not so long ago Ashal voiced his concerns about site financial support (for long time he was only one paying for it). So wasting space for anything else than mods is seen a waste here.

That makes sense. But then, the Nexus worked out their own way for financial support.

The difference is their own mods pages instead of forums, and imageshare.

Loverslab isn't as ban happy.

I think this site could stand to gain more (if it's similar) because it keeps it's userbase around instead of kicking them out over frivolous nonsense.

I never said it wasn't fun, I'm just saying that's just the point of view of it right now. But maybe useless was too strong of a word and pointless could of fitted better in that sentence of mine.

Useless, pointless. They have similar meanings and they're both a matter of your opinion. I have explained why it wasn't useless or pointless.

Then again, I did ask for opinions  ;)

• 7 months later...

Haha, I just joined and was looking for the Image Share and instead found this thread.

Anyway I think it's a great idea if it doesn't have a negative side effect on what is an awesome site atm.

I had trouble before with a couple of nexus admins singling me out as a problem, though I was only posting images similar to what was common at that time, and still is. I was then (falsely) informed that it was "against the rules to post images unrelated to gameplay" and threatened with the dreaded banhammer-of-ultimate-power-and-majesty. :dodgy:

This sites main function may not be the sharing of images, although neither is the nexus's or steam etc, so why not if it doesn't hurt anyone?

Maybe something as simple as moving all the image threads into their own section would be nice. :)

Haha, I just joined and was looking for the Image Share and instead found this thread.

Anyway I think it's a great idea if it doesn't have a negative side effect on what is an awesome site atm.

I had trouble before with a couple of nexus admins singling me out as a problem, though I was only posting images similar to what was common at that time, and still is. I was then (falsely) informed that it was "against the rules to post images unrelated to gameplay" and threatened with the dreaded banhammer-of-ultimate-power-and-majesty. :dodgy:

This sites main function may not be the sharing of images, although neither is the nexus's or steam etc, so why not if it doesn't hurt anyone?

Maybe something as simple as moving all the image threads into their own section would be nice. :)

I believe peoples concerns are that if there are lot of high quality high resolution pictures everywhere these will take considerable bandwidth (a high quality .jpg can be 1MB and i've seen 4MB .png's) which is considerably more than a lot of the mods here, unless the mod is including a lot of textures its quite common to see scripted/quest mods that are under 1MB

Archived