Ah sorry no, the upper and lower slider is an exception and it exists only for 7B. There are no other full body sliders (except for the vanilla SSE shape). I can't do it or there will be too many sliders again.

Oh, gotcha. :) Well still, it is something at least. Will there be anything for base UNP or UNPB by any chance? If the base shape of CBBE is a bit different to begin with (a bit less exaggerated so to speak) I might not even really feel a need for old UNP. So I guess I'll just have to wait and see how it looks. Don't worry about trying to please everyone of course, it's not at all what I'm trying to ask. I don't want to give off the wrong impression. Just curious I guess. :)

Sorry, don't have time to reply to everything right now.

Instead of trying to put in a uv slider (which mucks with the uv map on the body (which could get tricky if the body mesh is named differently in a mod).

Just make 2 nif files... one with a CBBE UV map, and one with the UNP UV map. Pack both slider sets in a single osp and have them both point to the same osd file.

So you get

Bodyslide\sliderset\cbbe-unp.osp

Bodyslide\shapedata\cbbe-unp\cbbe.nif and unp.nif and sliders.osd

Not sure why you think there could be an issue with the UV sliders here.

The slider will work on any CBBE SSE BodySlide project, the shape name is always the same as you load the "CBBE Body" reference.

If you renamed the body shape afterwards, the other sliders would stop working as well.

[...] Also on another note, keep in mind that these abs won't be visible in-game AT ALL, because Skyrim uses model space normal maps. For that reason, we need our normal map generator figured out and built into BodySlide.

I have a question about this: how would that normal map generator work with custom textures?

I mean, it can obviously be set up to generate normals based on the default official CBBE textures, but what would happen when you use a different texture set, like Fair Skin for example? Or how would vastly different normals be generated, like the ones used by Argonians/Khajiit (which obviously include detail like fur/scales that would need to be preserved)?

The only thing that comes to mind on how to generate normals for custom textures would be to somehow load and convert the model space normals into tangent space, morph the body, and use the morphed body to convert the tangent space back to model space. I know going from model/object->tangent and back is possible (for example, XNormal has a tool for that), but I'm not sure if it can be integrated into Bodyslide. There may be other ways, but I don't know of any.

So, any word on this?
Edited by Blaze69

[...] Also on another note, keep in mind that these abs won't be visible in-game AT ALL, because Skyrim uses model space normal maps. For that reason, we need our normal map generator figured out and built into BodySlide.

I have a question about this: how would that normal map generator work with custom textures?

I mean, it can obviously be set up to generate normals based on the default official CBBE textures, but what would happen when you use a different texture set, like Fair Skin for example? Or how would vastly different normals be generated, like the ones used by Argonians/Khajiit (which obviously include detail like fur/scales that would need to be preserved)?

The only thing that comes to mind on how to generate normals for custom textures would be to somehow load and convert the model space normals into tangent space, morph the body, and use the morphed body to convert the tangent space back to model space. I know going from model/object->tangent and back is possible (for example, XNormal has a tool for that), but I'm not sure if it can be integrated into Bodyslide. There may be other ways, but I don't know of any.

So, any word on this?

It's going to completely override any custom normal map that's installed.

The model space part of the map is created from your CBBE preset with BodySlide (not any textures), and the tangent space details that are blended on top of the model space will be taken from a resource DDS or PNG file in the BodySlide folder.

If you want the correct shading of your personal CBBE preset, but the fine detail of a custom normal map, then you will have to replace the resource file that BodySlide will use to blend on top of the normals with your own tangent space map. A funny side effect is that you will be able to use FO4 normal maps in SSE by letting BodySlide take the file and blend it over.

The model space part of the map is created from your CBBE preset with BodySlide (not any textures), and the tangent space details that are blended on top of the model space will be taken from a resource DDS or PNG file in the BodySlide folder.

If you want the correct shading of your personal CBBE preset, but the fine detail of a custom normal map, then you will have to replace the resource file that BodySlide will use to blend on top of the normals with your own tangent space map. A funny side effect is that you will be able to use FO4 normal maps in SSE by letting BodySlide take the file and blend it over.

I see. Would it be possible to set up multiple normal files with different sources for export?

Like, for example, I convert my human, Argonian and Khajiit normals to tangent space, and set them as source files with different names in a Bodylide folder somewhere. Then, I can set it up so whenever I generate a new body and the normals to go with it, Bodyslide uses "femalebody_1.png" as a reference to create the corresponding human texture and exports it to "actors/character/female", but then it also uses "argonianfemalebody.png" and "femalebody.png" to export to the corresponding Argonian and Khajiit folders. Same could be applied to any custom races with their own texture sets and paths.

Just an idea, but I think it would make things easier. Otherwise, we would have to swap the reference tangent normal and regenerate the msn for each different race/filepath.

I see. Would it be possible to set up multiple normal files with different sources for export?

Like, for example, I convert my human, Argonian and Khajiit normals to tangent space, and set them as source files with different names in a Bodylide folder somewhere. Then, I can set it up so whenever I generate a new body and the normals to go with it, Bodyslide uses "femalebody_1.png" as a reference to create the corresponding human texture and exports it to "actors/character/female", but then it also uses "argonianfemalebody.png" and "femalebody.png" to export to the corresponding Argonian and Khajiit folders. Same could be applied to any custom races with their own texture sets and paths.

Just an idea, but I think it would make things easier. Otherwise, we would have to swap the reference tangent normal and regenerate the msn for each different race/filepath.

We haven't fully implemented anything about the normal map generator part yet, but sure, we can put the file name for the tangent source into the body project .osp. When building a body, the generator will builds it new normal map at the same time. It will be toggle-able with a checkbox (like RaceMenu morphs).

So, while reading this thread I got confused again about uunp, bodyslide and cbbe again. Am I understanding it right:

UUNP is basically a bodyslide version of unp? Where you can set the base shape of your body and all the npcs and you will have different weights of it?

And why are people still using and doing so many mods for unp? Like, whats the point of using it over bodyslide where you can basicially build it to any shape you want? Is it just inability to create the armor for bodyslide?

So, while reading this thread I got confused again about uunp, bodyslide and cbbe again. Am I understanding it right:

UUNP is basically a bodyslide version of unp? Where you can set the base shape of your body and all the npcs and you will have different weights of it?

And why are people still using and doing so many mods for unp? Like, whats the point of using it over bodyslide where you can basicially build it to any shape you want? Is it just inability to create the armor for bodyslide?

UUNP bodyslide can do all what cbbe bodyslide does and more. UUNP is a collection of all of the unp bodys which you can mix and match and then you can use all the body sliders included with  cbbe so it is more detailed than just cbbe bodyslide by itself 

UUNP bodyslide can do all what cbbe bodyslide does and more. UUNP is a collection of all of the unp bodys which you can mix and match and then you can use all the body sliders included with  cbbe so it is more detailed than just cbbe bodyslide by itself 

You can get a UUNP preset shape with the new CBBE or at least really close to it with the bodyslide sliders.  They won't be making a UUNP version, just CBBE, but they are working on getting the UV maps for UNP integrated so you can use either the CBBE or UNP textures with the new body.  So you can have the mesh shape and textures of whatever UNP version suits you, but it will only be one bodyslide now, CBBE.  At least that Is how I understand it.

You can get a UUNP preset shape with the new CBBE or at least really close to it with the bodyslide sliders.  They won't be making a UUNP version, just CBBE, but they are working on getting the UV maps for UNP integrated so you can use either the CBBE or UNP textures with the new body.  So you can have the mesh shape and textures of whatever UNP version suits you, but it will only be one bodyslide now, CBBE.  At least that Is how I understand it.

Pretty much.

UNP is just one body, UUNP has sliders, if you want, your character can have boobs the size of a planet, a normal UNP armor wont work with that body, so if you want to use an armor with UUNP you have to make sure the armor will work with every single slider/preset a person will think off, thats why some modders dont give a rat about making their armors compatible with UUNP because of the works asociated with it

Been over a week since the last update.  How's everything going ousnius?

Caliente said that progress with the normal map generator is being made and the concept works.

I've taken it a bit easy the past week, but I'm continuing to convert the vanilla torso outfits to the CBBE SSE base (47/106 torso converted to base without sliders).

Been over a week since the last update.  How's everything going ousnius?

Caliente said that progress with the normal map generator is being made and the concept works.

I've taken it a bit easy the past week, but I'm continuing to convert the vanilla torso outfits to the CBBE SSE base (47/106 torso converted to base without sliders).

Thank you for the update!! Glad you got to take a breather this last week, it's good to get some rest :P I'll be here, excited for the next update, or better yet, some more pictures  :D

I had a weird dream. I dreamed that CBBE and SKSE came out for SSE.............. then all of the fun slooty mods started to flood the downloads page and then............. Loverslab came out and then I woke up as the download was almost finished... :( i was hoping to finish that dream.

Pretty much.

I see, thanks for clarifying it.