16 minutes ago, DocClox said:

How do you get those tats to glow so bright? I generally don't get more than "slightly more visible in the dark" when I try it.

Is that something your mod provides?

Not... STMM respect the glow and bright of the tats and NEVER does any change. You ALWAYS have the same result when apply the same config.

That tats in my screenshots come from RaceMenu and you can put the glow in RaceMenu to the value that you want, because have slider for made it, and make it bright as you want.

But SlaveTats not have sliders and only have a option for change the glow color and lock the intensity to a fixed value of 1. For that the tats from SlaveTats not glow in the same way.

You can modify the tats from SlaveTats with RaceMenu and change any color and make it bright as you want, but when SlaveTats aply a tat restore the bright and the colors of ALL tats to their own values.

But you can use STMM for store your modified config, with special colors and bright, and restore it every time SlaveTats change it, because STMM respect the glow and bright ALWAYS, not matter if you set it with SlaveTats or with RaceMenu.

7 minutes ago, GenioMaestro said:

That tats in my screenshots come from RaceMenu and you can put the glow in RaceMenu to the value that you want, because have slider for made it, and make it bright as you want.

Ah, that would explain it.

30 minutes ago, Seijin8 said:

Are you using an ENB?

If so, how do these things look with the ENB turned off?

Well, since I already made the screenies. this is midnight at Falkreath Watchtown.

without-norm.png

Same thing but with ye olde vampyre night-eye activated:

without-nn.png

With the ENB, no night-eye:

with-norm.png

The EMB makes it a lot darker. You can actually see that it must be glowing, although it's still not what you could call "bright".

This is ENB + night-eye:

with-nn.png

You can actually see that the tattoo is on a breast in this one, but again, it doesn't really appear to glow.

All academic if the answer is "because Racemenu", but since I had the pix handy...

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It would be nice if we could get rid of this warning message, though:

Warning: This version of STMM uses version 3 or greater of the JContainers API. You have a different version installed.

I'm using version 4.1.9.

Nonetheless I confirm STMM works well on SE!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
49 minutes ago, Adeladen said:

I have increased the limit of tattoos from 6 to 10, but it says I don't have any free slots when I try to add from the spell. Is there a way to circumvent this?

You have done something wrong. Open the SlaveTats MCM and see how many slots you have. If the SlaveTats MCM says you only have 6 slots, it is because you have not modified the correct NiOveride.ini file. Check it.

You must edit the file NiOveride.ini in the folder DATA\SKSE\plugins and be sure none other mod overwrite it.

I use SlaveTats functions for everything and do the same work SlaveTats does, but using spells to speed up the process, and i have the same limitations than SlaveTats except speed.

10 minutes ago, GenioMaestro said:

You have done something wrong. Open the SlaveTats MCM and see how many slots you have. If the SlaveTats MCM says you only have 6 slots, it is because you have not modified the correct NiOveride.ini file. Check it.

You must edit the file NiOveride.ini in the folder DATA\SKSE\plugins and be sure none other mod overwrite it.

I use SlaveTats functions for everything and do the same work SlaveTats does, but using spells to speed up the process, and i have the same limitations than SlaveTats except speed.

I can add more than 6 tattoos through the slavetats MCM, but not through the spell.

1 hour ago, Adeladen said:

I can add more than 6 tattoos through the slavetats MCM, but not through the spell.

How "through the spell"? My spells not add individual tats to the NPC's.

But You can paint any NPC whit a stored configuration that is created over the Player.

The way to work with STMM is:

1 - Open the menu and select "Show section sequentialy"

2 - Select any section and the first tat is showed over the Player, of course, in real time while you see your character in 3rd view and you have full control of your mouse to look your craracter from any angle.

You can view whit a lot detail the tats in nails, back, front, hands, feets... you can make zoom...

3 - Press the keys Foward(9) and Back(8) to see the next tat of the section. You can see one after another.

4.1 - When you see a good that press the Voice key to Mark the tat as Remembered.

4.2 - If you enable Direct Apply in the MCM the Player is painted with the tat.

5 - Open the menu and select "Show Remembered"

6 - Press the keys Foward(9) and Back(8) to see the next tat of the Remembered.

7 - Press the Voice key to apply the tat to the Player.

8 - When you are happy whit yours tats

9 - Open the menu and store your configuration.

Now, to pain any NPC equip the spell "Select Store for NPC" in one hand and the spell "Paint NPC" in the other hand. Fire "Select Store" to determine what of yours configurations you want use and launch the "Paint NPC" over any NPC.

That NPC is painted with ALL that tats stored in the configuration including head, body, hands and feets and, of course, aplliying tats from Slavetats and RaceMenu in one single and automatic operation.

When you see a NPC that have tats you can STEAL their tats that are stored in a new configuration slot.

You can apply that stealed configuration over your player to modify it, change it, change colors, tats...

Then store it and use again the spells to paint the NPC with the modified configuration.

STMM is designed to manage a big lot of tats and configurations and, at the same time, manage tats from SlaveTats and RaceMenu in an integrated and automatic way. Can store multiples configurations of tats and combine it as you want to apply any combination, in one single and fast operation, to the Player or to any NPC.

Is working from 3 years ago. How not works for you?

16 minutes ago, GenioMaestro said:

How "through the spell"? My spells not add individual tats to the NPC's.

But You can paint any NPC whit a stored configuration that is created over the Player.

The way to work with STMM is:

1 - Open the menu and select "Show section sequentialy"

2 - Select any section and the first tat is showed over the Player, of course, in real time while you see your character in 3rd view and you have full control of your mouse to look your craracter from any angle.

You can view whit a lot detail the tats in nails, back, front, hands, feets... you can make zoom...

3 - Press the keys Foward(9) and Back(8) to see the next tat of the section. You can see one after another.

4.1 - When you see a good that press the Voice key to Mark the tat as Remembered.

4.2 - If you enable Direct Apply in the MCM the Player is painted with the tat.

5 - Open the menu and select "Show Remembered"

6 - Press the keys Foward(9) and Back(8) to see the next tat of the Remembered.

7 - Press the Voice key to apply the tat to the Player.

8 - When you are happy whit yours tats

9 - Open the menu and store your configuration.

Now, to pain any NPC equip the spell "Select Store for NPC" in one hand and the spell "Paint NPC" in the other hand. Fire "Select Store" to determine what of yours configurations you want use and launch the "Paint NPC" over any NPC.

That NPC is painted with ALL that tats stored in the configuration including head, body, hands and feets and, of course, aplliying tats from Slavetats and RaceMenu in one single and automatic operation.

When you see a NPC that have tats you can STEAL their tats that are stored in a new configuration slot.

You can apply that stealed configuration over your player to modify it, change it, change colors, tats...

Then store it and use again the spells to paint the NPC with the modified configuration.

STMM is designed to manage a big lot of tats and configurations and, at the same time, manage tats from SlaveTats and RaceMenu in an integrated and automatic way. Can store multiples configurations of tats and combine it as you want to apply any combination, in one single and fast operation, to the Player or to any NPC.

Is working from 3 years ago. How not works for you?

Oh I misread the spell then, I thought it was supposed to let you add a tattoo, but it's all about presets and stuff, cool. Thanks :)

• 3 weeks later...

@GenioMaestro For SSE:

I think:

Replace

if JContainers.APIVersion() != 3
        ShowMessage("Warning: This version of STMM uses version 3 or greater of the JContainers API. You have a different version installed.", false)
        return
    endif

with:

if JContainers.APIVersion() < 3
        ShowMessage("Warning: This version of STMM uses version 3 or greater of the JContainers API. You have a different version installed.", false)
        return
    endif

Because JContainer for SSE version > 3

Hi.  This mod just doesn't work for me.  Sometimes when I "save configuration" it doesn't save. Sometimes it does.  Sometimes when I delete a configuration, but try to load a different one, it loads the deleted one.

And more often than not it clears all my tattoos when I try to apply a new one for seemingly no reason.  Eliminating the chief reason I wanted this mod as an easy way to recall lots of tattoos I had setup.

When I write to .json it deletes all of my saved configurations and in addition to that prevents me from saving any new ones unless I reload the file.

When I try to add a new tattoo or switch one I either can't edit it or it just clears everything.

I can't seem to figure out how I'm supposed to work this mod, but everything I do doesn't seem to work.

Also is it possible to turn the hotkeys off?  So many of my mods have hotkeys I don't really want them.  I'd rather use the spells.

I love the idea of this mod, I just can't get it to work the way I'm led to believe it does.

30 minutes ago, Aki K said:

Hi.  This mod just doesn't work for me.  Sometimes when I "save configuration" it doesn't save. Sometimes it does.  Sometimes when I delete a configuration, but try to load a different one, it loads the deleted one.

Is very strange. In 3 years, with 3k downloads, nobody has reported a problem.

I presume you have Slavetats and JContaines correctly installed and working.

STMM is very simple, only have the ESP for enable the mod and some scripts.

Enable papyrus loging and give me a log. Maybe the log can say us the problem.

30 minutes ago, Aki K said:

Also is it possible to turn the hotkeys off?  So many of my mods have hotkeys I don't really want them.  I'd rather use the spells.

You need the hotkeys to change the tattoos every time you use "Show Section Sequentially" or "Show Remembered Sequentially" because is the only way to change the tatoos while we are in 3rd view with full camera control. See the first video. Every time a new tatoo is showed is because i press a key.

We have more than 100 keys in the keyboard. I can not belive you have all of them assigned to others mods.

1 hour ago, GenioMaestro said:

Is very strange. In 3 years, with 3k downloads, nobody has reported a problem.

I presume you have Slavetats and JContaines correctly installed and working.

STMM is very simple, only have the ESP for enable the mod and some scripts.

Enable papyrus loging and give me a log. Maybe the log can say us the problem.

You need the hotkeys to change the tatoos every time you use "Show Section Sequentially" or "Show Remembered Sequentially" because is the only way to change the tatoos while we are in 3rd view with full camera control. See the first video. Every time a new tatoo is showed is because i press a key.

We have more than 100 keys in the keyboard. I can not belive you have all of them assigned to others mods.

I figured out the json issue and "some" of the deleting issues.  I didn't realize it refreshed every single time I did it and reapplied the tattoos.  I thought it was deleting them outright.

My big problem is not being able to add or adjust new tattoos.  I assume it is less glitches and more that I don't understand the instructions.

I want to show with pictures what I'm having trouble with.  It might be a language issue.  I'm having a very hard time understanding your English.

I know I have everything installed correctly.

Spoiler

1621066868_twono.png.d051753a1c04dbf3a3b8985d6d07a5b2.png

To start this dialogue box has no twice.  And some of the dialogue boxes do not do a good deal describing what I am saying yes or no to.  This one I understand except that it says "no" twice.

EDIT: Figured out the tattoo application issue.  I didn't notice the "apply" spell and I wasn't applying them.  Very stupid on my part.  So now my only problem is the color.  It isn't just white.  I realized then whenever I set any color or glow, it reverts back as soon as I leave the menu.  So if I have a purple tattoo and I increase the glow, as soon as I leave the menu it goes back to normal.  If I have a tattoo that allows for any color, it resets to black as soon as I leave the menu.  How do I set the color/glow so that it sticks?

I noticed this when I tried to change the gloss intensity of a tat to 25 (or whatever the number was) It lit up in the menu, but as soon as I exited it was back to being dark again.

1 hour ago, Aki K said:

I figured out the json issue and "some" of the deleting issues.  I didn't realize it refreshed every single time I did it and reapplied the tattoos.  I thought it was deleting them outright.

The JSON functionality is designed to be used only and exclusively to transfer your configuration to a new game. STMM does not use the JSON file at all. You do not need to use "WRITE JSON TO FILE" or "READ JSON FROM FILE" every day because all STMM data is stored inside the normal savegame.

1 hour ago, Aki K said:

To start this dialogue box has no twice.  And some of the dialogue boxes do not do a good deal describing what I am saying yes or no to.  This one I understand except that it says "no" twice.

In the first screenshot, that message has NO twice as a security element because, if you delete a stored configuration by mistake, the only way to recover it is to load the savegame. Then, as requested by some of my beta testers, I put two NOs in that message box.

1 hour ago, Aki K said:

I barely understand what this is saying, but I think I have the gist of it.  But only one tattoo is applied yet it is asking me to clear it anyway when I want to add another one.  If I hit no the tat appears but I can't change it at all.  If I hit yes it clearls all of my tats except the new one, and I still can't change it.

In your second screenshot is where you have all the problems.

That message box asks if you want to remove = delete = eliminate ALL tattoos from the Player's body to see the tattoos on a clean body.

If you say YES, all your tattoos are removed.
If you say NO, all your tattoos are maintained.

In the first video you can see that I only clean the body the first time by answering YES to the message.

On all other occasions, when this message appears during the video, I always say NO.
Because if I say YES all tattoos disappear.

That message is there because when you want to SEE a new group of tattoos that you just installed, you probably want to see them in a clean body.
If STMM show a new tattoo, which you does not know how it is or where it appears, in a body that already has many tattoos, you will surely not be able to SEE the new tattoo because, probably, it will be mixed with the rest of the tattoos that you already have on your body .

On the other hand, when you want to ADD a tattoo that you already know, because you have seen it before and know how it is and where it is placed, you must answer NO to that message so that STMM does not clean the body and you can ADD a new tattoo to those you already have .

You note the diference between SEE and ADD?

The option YES is intended to SEE the tats in a clean body whitout mix it whit the tats that you already have.

The option NO is intended to ADD tats to your body mixing it whit the tats that you already have.

1 hour ago, Aki K said:

As you can see in the upper left corner, it says I can't make any changes because no tatoos are applied.  Yet my character's body very clearly has one applied.  It only seems to understand that I've added tattoos if I've done it through the original menu.

It also doesn't let me choose white as a color.  I can use any other color, but if I pick White it stays black (unless I use the original menu)

On his third photo, if STMM says you has no tattoos it has to be because you don't have them. Those tattoos that are seen in your photo can be RaceMenu tattoos. Check it out. Also, can be fake tats. Open the MCM of Slavetats and verify if you really have tats applied.

The new color change option is designed to handle SlaveTats tattoos and cannot handle RaceMenu tattoos.

RaceMenu have a very good interface and i can not superate it. But i can superate the MCM of SlaveTats and offer more options while you see the changes in real time.

The white color works. I use it in the second video. I not know why not works in your side.

4 hours ago, GenioMaestro said:

The new color change option is designed to handle SlaveTats tattoos and cannot handle RaceMenu tattoos.

RaceMenu have a very good interface and i can not superate it. But i can superate the MCM of SlaveTats and offer more options while you see the changes in real time.

The white color works. I use it in the second video. I not know why not works in your side.

I am sure they are slavetats and not racemenu.  Whenever I try to change the color it reverts back as soon as I leave the menu.  As long as I am still in the menu it works, but the moment I leave it goes back to whatever color it was before.  I can change the colors still in the regular slavetats MCM, just not using this mod.

EDIT: I figured it out.  The issue was a very specific slave tat.  Apparently the tat is so dark it doesn't glow...ever.  The color was changing but only barely.  And I was mislead when I tried maximizing the gloss.  It seams the tat glows very brightly when I change the gloss or glow but then gets lower when the menu closes (but it does change and it does glow, just not as much as the menu shows).

Ok.  I think that's all my issues related to this mod solved.  I'll have to adjust the dark tat to allow for brighter color.

On a different note, one of the tats I downloaded (from the same pack) is experiencing a very weird glitch.  I know it has nothing to do with your mod, but I would appreciate your advice.  A very specific tat is visible only from certain angles.  I've known this glitch to happen during animations, but this tat does it outside of animations.  Sometimes I can only see half the tat, etc.  It's only with the one.  I have pictures.

Spoiler

The Tat on the belly that starts with "Please"  You can see it from this angle.1763969117_Thisangleworks.png.41a2a66af8c4732ea828cf4b5b3b2ff1.png

Spoiler

804052159_Thisangledoesnt.png.57630bd7098a32181b14204ff47a014c.pngAs you can see here the tat is very faded and cannot be seen.  Most angles it is completely invisible.  I love the design and I'm hoping there is a way to fix this.  It is literally the only tat in any of my downloaded packs that does this.

32 minutes ago, Aki K said:

EDIT: I figured it out.  The issue was a very specific slave tat.  Apparently the tat is so dark it doesn't glow...ever.  The color was changing but only barely.  And I was mislead when I tried maximizing the gloss.  It seams the tat glows very brightly when I change the gloss or glow but then gets lower when the menu closes (but it does change and it does glow, just not as much as the menu shows).

Well, i'm thinking and thinking what can be the problem but never imagine can be caused by an specific tat.

I know some tats not support color change, you can see it in the start of the second video, but normally you can change the color of the tats.

Sometimes, the color exposed while the menu is open not match exactly the real color exposed when close the menu but that is caused by a delay in the ReaceMenu processor. I go to revise it again but I think i can make nothing to solve that specific problem.

38 minutes ago, Aki K said:

A very specific tat is visible only from certain angles.

That is a problem caused by faulting mipmaps inside the DSS file.

Upload the file, i can generate the mipmaps.

Or use Optimizer Textures (Ordenador) to verify and generate the mipmaps in your SlaveTats folder.

But be sure you disable all the marks in the Ordenador interface and select only "MipMaps"

Not use the options to compress or resize textures, that options can cause problems.

13 minutes ago, GenioMaestro said:

Well, i'm thinking and thinking what can be the problem but never imagine can be caused by an specific tat.

I know some tats not support color change, you can see it in the start of the second video, but normally you can change the color of the tats.

Sometimes, the color exposed while the menu is open not match exactly the real color exposed when close the menu but that is caused by a delay in the ReaceMenu processor. I go to revise it again but I think i can make nothing to solve that specific problem.

That is a problem caused by faulting mipmaps inside the DSS file.

Upload the file, i can generate the mipmaps.

Or use Optimizer Textures (Ordenador) to verify and generate the mipmaps in your SlaveTats folder.

But be sure you disable all the marks in the Ordenador interface and select only "MipMaps"

Not use the options to compress or resize textures, that options can cause problems.

The original tat isn't black but very close to black.  So it changes just so little that I couldn't tell until I changed it a lot.  I had to make it bright green to notice anything.  Other tats work fine aside from the one in the pictures, which isn't a color issue.

I think I know how to make mipmaps.  I can do that in GIMP correct?  If not, it is the Doomsman Denial pack on the main slavetats page.  The specific tat is called "Deny me" I think.  There are two variations and both have this glitch.  But if it's mipmaps I might be able to do it myself.

7 hours ago, Aki K said:

I think I know how to make mipmaps.  I can do that in GIMP correct?  If not, it is the Doomsman Denial pack on the main slavetats page.  The specific tat is called "Deny me" I think.  There are two variations and both have this glitch.  But if it's mipmaps I might be able to do it myself.

Effectivelly, the entire pack is bad made. None of the tats have mipmaps and that must be corrected.

Spoiler

image.png

Skyrim need mipmaps. Is stricly obligatory. The Graphics Engine can not works whitout mipmaps.

When the Game Engine load a DDS file whitout mipmaps the Game Engine generate it in pure RAM.

That operation can consume a gigantic amount of RAM, specially when the tat is a body texture of 4k.

The game can do CTD for out of memory when it generates the MipMaps in RAM.

That problem must be reported to the creator of the Pack and must publish a new version.

You can generate the MipMaps in your computer ussing Ordenador or Gimp.

I really recomend use Ordenador and process ALL the files in the SlaveTats folder.

Look the Ordenador log because, probably, you have much more tats whitout MipMaps.

6 hours ago, GenioMaestro said:

Effectivelly, the entire pack is bad made. None of the tats have mipmaps and that must be corrected.

Hide contents

image.png

Skyrim need mipmaps. Is stricly obligatory. The Graphics Engine can not works whitout mipmaps.

When the Game Engine load a DDS file whitout mipmaps the Game Engine generate it in pure RAM.

That operation can consume a gigantic amount of RAM, specially when the tat is a body texture of 4k.

The game can do CTD for out of memory when it generates the MipMaps in RAM.

That problem must be reported to the creator of the Pack and must publish a new version.

You can generate the MipMaps in your computer ussing Ordenador or Gimp.

I really recomend use Ordenador and process ALL the files in the SlaveTats folder.

Look the Ordenador log because, probably, you have much more tats whitout MipMaps.

Certainly is the case.  I only recently learned about mipmaps and most of the tats I made don't have them.  I've been slowly adding and updating my slavetats to include them.

I don't really understand Ordenador or it's "required" components so I might use GIMP even if it is a bit more tedious.  But it is an otherwise simple process.  Would Ordenador do it faster, like just groups of tats at a time?  I know with GIMP I'll have to do each tat one at a time and then re-archive it.

2 hours ago, Aki K said:

I don't really understand Ordenador or it's "required" components so I might use GIMP even if it is a bit more tedious.  But it is an otherwise simple process.  Would Ordenador do it faster, like just groups of tats at a time?  I know with GIMP I'll have to do each tat one at a time and then re-archive it.

Every texture file in Skyrim NEED MipMaps. If the DDS file not have MipMaps the game generate it on the fly, ussing CPU and RAM, and that can cause a lot of problems, from CTD to total freeze, micro freezes, stuttering, low framerate...

While the game have free RAM and the video card have free Vram can be not noticeable that the game is generating MipMaps on the fly. But as you play more and more minutes the game consume more and more memory and can start making strange things, like textures that not show, or show bad, or not have specular or ... and, of course, the game can lower the performance and the framerate to unsupportable levels until finally make CTD or total freeze.

Generate the MipMaps manually is a very easy and simple task when we talk about one tat or one pack.

You know that tattoo not have mipmaps because, in an exact moment, show bad in the game.

You know that the entire pack not have mipmaps because i open all the tats to know it.

Do you know how many DDS files can you have whitout mipmaps? HUNDREDS

Really, you are thinking in open, manually, every tat from every pack to verify if they have MipMaps?

Is a titanic work and you can need some hours to open hundreds and hundres of images to make, manually, a work that can be made automatically with Ordenador.

I strongly recommend you use Ordenador in your entire mods folder because a lot of mods are distributed without mipmaps. Simply, because a lot of creators of mods not know what they are making.

Ordenador is a very easy standalone program. You can execute it from outside Mod Organizer.

Specifically, is NOT recomended execute Ordenador from inside MO because the VFS can cause problems.

Ordenador can use the 100% of the CPU ussing all the cores and not left free CPU to the VFS.

You can have fails if you try process hundreds and hundreds of images whit Ordenador trougth MO.

Simply, download Ordenador, extract it to any folder and execute it.

Select the MO folder with all your mods, remove all the marks except MipMaps and let them works. 

Trust me, trust in Ordenador. Is a fantastic program that can solve a lot of problems in the game.

But use it only to generate MipMaps or resize the textures.

Is not recomended have textures in 4k if you not have a 4k monitor. 

Spoiler

image.png

24 minutes ago, GenioMaestro said:

Every texture file in Skyrim NEED MipMaps. If the DDS file not have MipMaps the game generate it on the fly, ussing CPU and RAM, and that can cause a lot of problems, from CTD to total freeze, micro freezes, stuttering, low framerate...

While the game have free RAM and the video card have free Vram can be not noticeable that the game is generating MipMaps on the fly. But as you play more and more minutes the game consume more and more memory and can start making strange things, like textures that not show, or show bad, or not have specular or ... and, of course, the game can lower the performance and the framerate to unsupportable levels until finally make CTD or total freeze.

Generate the MipMaps manually is a very easy and simple task when we talk about one tat or one pack.

You know that tattoo not have mipmaps because, in an exact moment, show bad in the game.

You know that the entire pack not have mipmaps because i open all the tats to know it.

Do you know how many DDS files can you have whitout mipmaps? HUNDREDS

Really, you are thinking in open, manually, every tat from every pack to verify if they have MipMaps?

Is a titanic work and you can need some hours to open hundreds and hundres of images to make, manually, a work that can be made automatically with Ordenador.

I strongly recommend you use Ordenador in your entire mods folder because a lot of mods are distributed without mipmaps. Simply, because a lot of creators of mods not know what they are making.

Ordenador is a very easy standalone program. You can execute it from outside Mod Organizer.

Specifically, is NOT recomended execute Ordenador from inside MO because the VFS can cause problems.

Ordenador can use the 100% of the CPU ussing all the cores and not left free CPU to the VFS.

You can have fails if you try process hundreds and hundreds of images whit Ordenador trougth MO.

Simply, download Ordenador, extract it to any folder and execute it.

Select the MO folder with all your mods, remove all the marks except MipMaps and let them works. 

Trust me, trust in Ordenador. Is a fantastic program that can solve a lot of problems in the game.

But use it only to generate MipMaps or resize the textures.

Is not recomended have textures in 4k if you not have a 4k monitor. 

Reveal hidden contents

image.png

I will look into it and start learning it.

I don't intend to open "every" tat pack.  But I do intend to fix all of the ones I made since I know about this.  (And I did).  It took a while but now all of the tats on the Aki Collection should have mipmaps.  So now when other people download my work they don't need to worry as much.

I keep hard copies of mods and manually install them to MO, rather than downloading directly to MO.  So I would rather run all the tat packs I have outside MO and just reinstall them after.  I can do that as well correct?

16 minutes ago, Aki K said:

So I would rather run all the tat packs I have outside MO and just reinstall them after.  I can do that as well correct?

Why make that?

The files that you download from the web pages are in compressed format, normally Zip, Rar or 7Zip.

Why expand that files to process it whit Ordenator to latter compressed it again to install it in MO?

Process directly your entire mods folder because, really, have all the files that are used by the game.

If you make some bad you always have the original files untouched to reinstall it in MO.

If you change the original files that you have downloaded and have an error you must download it again.

And that can be much more work, like search again the mods in the web page, verify the version, if have a new version you must verify the compatibility whit others mods and probably need upgrade more mods, and of course, wait the download of all the updated mods and start installing it in MO.

Simply because you make a fail processing the original compressed files.

Never touch the originals downloaded files is another of the rules of the good modding practice.