WickedWhims v179a [2024-04-01]

9 minutes ago, gamer4321 said:

Well the latest update broke it I cant open game without a crash. Unfortunately the update on origins was required to play so I was fucked from the beginning. Funny part is i bought a bunch of expansion packs last night City life,Get together,Go to work,Get famous,and more$$$ woke this morning to play and this shit what great timing lol. Well I guess ill hope for a patch soon cuz now i have $100+ worth of game I cant play. It also looks like the latest update turned my game from the digital deluxe edition to the Legacy IDK if that has anything to do with it. Thanks for the hard work heres to hoping you got something for us soon.

Thats why you switch to offline mode in Origin when the update button for sims 4 is there.

It is a lesson everybody who plays modded sims 4 has to learn at sometime.

The good news is that the devs are usually pretty fast to update their shit.

8 minutes ago, Happyday100 said:

Thats why you switch to offline mode in Origin when the update button for sims 4 is there.

It is a lesson everybody who plays modded sims 4 has to learn at sometime.

The good news is that the devs are usually pretty fast to update their shit.

LOL yup live and learn I just found that out about right after my update finished. I,ll be more careful next time.

5 minutes ago, beezbuzzin said:

Is it possible the patch broke something regarding the acceptance? My spouse sims don't accept each other for sex. All moods up, no children around, always accept allowed and they just reject each other :(

The patch probably broke a lot of things. It's why people have cautioned for days against updating until Wicked Whims and other mods are updated to reflect the new patch.

52 minutes ago, BillyPilgrim said:

The patch probably broke a lot of things. It's why people have cautioned for days against updating until Wicked Whims and other mods are updated to reflect the new patch.

How do you not update? How do you get around the warning that if you don't update within 24 hours that you cannot play ever again?

25 minutes ago, AndragonFirefly said:

How do you not update? How do you get around the warning that if you don't update within 24 hours that you cannot play ever again?

Apparently by playing offline wish I had known that myself as I really did not wanna update to patch as they almost always break some mods.

I wish I had known about playing in offline mode. I was forced to update and now my fav mod is broken. My sims keep refusing to have sex. Guess I'll have to keep my fingers crossed and hope a patch comes soon. The thing with mods is that you never know when one gets abandoned because the modder had enough of constantly having to update.

Yeah, I can't even load up the world after creating character. CTD. And they changed a ton of stuff in this update so lots of mods could be affected for sure. And what about the warning that if you don't update within 24 hours that you will never be able to update again? So any fixes to your game of quirky stuff will have to be done by modders because any future updates from EA that actually fixes stupid stuff will no longer be available. So I guess I just can't play the game I have spent tons of money on just to meet everybody else's stipulations until mods can be updated.

No pressure intended on the modders. It isn't their fault of course. A shame that updates are not so mod friendly.

Well, since my lovely adventure with Win10 blowing up yesterday, was forced to reinstall the OS and all related software. Then loaded Origin and got this huge update and same with Sims4. Game launched, enabled mods and scripts. Game still loaded, fresh world and new sim. Put sim in property and tried to open the household " the sims  4 has stopped working, windows will try and find a solution" crash.

So, since fresh everything install, took out the mod folder and installed a blank one. What I found:

*Nothing installed, mods enabled and scripts on, game loads and runs normally. Can open household

*Installed current ver. of Whicked Whims, game still loads and all menu options present, no animations loaded to test.

* installed current ver of Nisas wicked perversion, game will not load. Crash. ???? it was in the list when game first loaded

* Took out Nisas mod, loaded my huge list of animations and items, game runs normally and wicked whims works. Sex animations function.

Still testing but seems Nisas mod may be conflicting

I have not installed the new patch and am waiting for mod updates.

Can we expect an initial post-patch update followed by a University update (I don't expect the former to factor in robots, communal showers etc...) for those of us that are getting University this weekend, and if so will those of us that are have to wait a little longer than others before we can play on?

So I've been playing around a little bit. I haven't had any any CTDs. Other than sims not agreeing to sex, everything seems to be working okay. I turned off any autonomous actions because they wouldn't do it and I was just getting script error messages when they tried. I found a work-around for my household sims. I just have one of them start off by themselves and have the other join them. All the animations I have installed work fine and they have no problems getting down and dirty. They just won't do it on their own because I had to change the autonomy settings. It's not perfect but until the mod is updated, at least it works somewhat. I'm just posting this for anyone having the same issue (sims not agreeing to sex).

2 hours ago, wylde1 said:

Well, since my lovely adventure with Win10 blowing up yesterday, was forced to reinstall the OS and all related software. Then loaded Origin and got this huge update and same with Sims4. Game launched, enabled mods and scripts. Game still loaded, fresh world and new sim. Put sim in property and tried to open the household " the sims  4 has stopped working, windows will try and find a solution" crash.

So, since fresh everything install, took out the mod folder and installed a blank one. What I found:

*Nothing installed, mods enabled and scripts on, game loads and runs normally. Can open household

*Installed current ver. of Whicked Whims, game still loads and all menu options present, no animations loaded to test.

* installed current ver of Nisas wicked perversion, game will not load. Crash. ???? it was in the list when game first loaded

* Took out Nisas mod, loaded my huge list of animations and items, game runs normally and wicked whims works. Sex animations function.

Tried this, it works now. Thank you!

In Origin make sure you have automatic updates turned off.  Find that in the Origin game launcher under application settings. You can play the game just fine without installing updates to either Origin and/or the game. If you launch the game and get the pop-up that says Origin must be updated or you can't play, they're lying to you - Just cancel that, go into settings and ensure play offline is selected and then relaunch the game. If you try to launch the game while in online mode it will update your game. So stay offline and play to your heart's content. You can connect to the Gallery for uploads/downloads while in game without issue. If you ever see the game starting to update and you don't want it to, immediately disable the WiFi on your computer and change your settings. Nothing in your current game installation will be affected until after the download is completed and installed, so it's safe to kill it the hard way if you have to. As with any game, game launcher, game utility, etc. it's always good to really understand how the settings and options work before you commit to using them. Don't wait until you're upset and confused to start figuring out how your computer works. It's not a toaster oven. I really miss MS-DOS 6.22 sometimes

4 hours ago, wylde1 said:

i havent used nisa's mods in a while but my animations still dont work. any suggestions? could there be any other scripts that affect it?

5 hours ago, AndragonFirefly said:

Yeah, I can't even load up the world after creating character. CTD. And they changed a ton of stuff in this update so lots of mods could be affected for sure. And what about the warning that if you don't update within 24 hours that you will never be able to update again? So any fixes to your game of quirky stuff will have to be done by modders because any future updates from EA that actually fixes stupid stuff will no longer be available. So I guess I just can't play the game I have spent tons of money on just to meet everybody else's stipulations until mods can be updated.

No pressure intended on the modders. It isn't their fault of course. A shame that updates are not so mod friendly.

There is no truth to the idea that if you do not update within 24 hours, you will never be able to again. That is flat out wrong.

There are thousands of people who did not update today who will be able to update later in the week without a problem. They could wait a month and not have a problem. 

4 hours ago, LJSulTra97 said:

I have not installed the new patch and am waiting for mod updates.

Can we expect an initial post-patch update followed by a University update (I don't expect the former to factor in robots, communal showers etc...) for those of us that are getting University this weekend, and if so will those of us that are have to wait a little longer than others before we can play on?

I believe all of the actual programming/scripts for Discover University are built into this patch, so modders know what they have to work with. That's why all the mods broke today. When you buy and download the actual Discover University content on Friday, there should not be a need for new mod updates as well.

However, because of all of the changes to the user interface plus all of the new University content, it would not surprise me if it takes multiple updates to mods like Wicked Whims, MC Command Center, etc. to get everything working again. There will be a lot of fixes required simply because of how this update changed the game.

This is completely unrelated to any patches or downloads (since I haven't changed anything) but it does fall under the strange-funny-WTF??? category:

Spoiler

45776917_11-12-19_10-06-45PM.thumb.png.946768285636e14386b542599ab5636c.png

The pregnant sim on the left is in labor, but she's a NPC and there's no option to "Have Baby At Hospital" available. She does, however, keep spawning empty bassinets every 30 seconds or so. I've never, ever seen that before. I'm going to let it run and see how many we can get!

Spoiler

1616558581_11-12-19_10-28-08PM.thumb.png.92cddad494b41c2dda095cb103749dc8.png

Well, after 19 of them spawned and she started going upstairs, I decided that was enough. I mean, this is a neighborhood brothel, after all, and all these baby baskets might scare away the customers! So, I ended up using MCC to terminate the pregnancy.

General major mod announcement:

Yeah so my game is totally f'd,

It's actually not WW or Basemental (that I know of) causing issues, but if you have any littlemisssam mods, 60 of them have been updated. MC Command Center has been patched to 6.6.1 and Kawaii Stacie's SOL mod has yet to be updated as well. 

There are always 3 stages to an EA expansion pack being released those are

pre patch

DLC release

post patch (because there are bugs)

So happy simming but watch your mods ;)

My sims are refusing to have sex. No matter how high their romance is, their relationship status, in a flirty mood or how charming my sim is, they keep rejecting each other. So far, this is my only mod that is having this issue. I know it's the patch update because this is the first time Wicked Whims has truly broken because of an update. Usually, Turbo's mod is so strong it never breaks with updates. Same with MC Command Center but not this time. Has anyone found a work around for this bug until Turbo updates it again? 

10 minutes ago, SilvioCantor said:

My sims are refusing to have sex. No matter how high their romance is, their relationship status, in a flirty mood or how charming my sim is, they keep rejecting each other. So far, this is my only mod that is having this issue. I know it's the patch update because this is the first time Wicked Whims has truly broken because of an update. Usually, Turbo's mod is so strong it never breaks with updates. Same with MC Command Center but not this time. Has anyone found a work around for this bug until Turbo updates it again? 

have the start by them self then have other sims join in it a work around

7 hours ago, AndragonFirefly said:

I never got that warning lmao and I always go offine when a patch is released, sometimes for more than a week or two.

2 hours ago, BillyPilgrim said:

There is no truth to the idea that if you do not update within 24 hours, you will never be able to again. That is flat out wrong.

There are thousands of people who did not update today who will be able to update later in the week without a problem. They could wait a month and not have a problem. 

Why do them idiots lie about stuff like that? Makes it sound like they are threatening their customers. Almost made me want to throw sims in the trash tbh. Update or else!!! I am not the only one that gets this warning at every update.