would you rather get Fallout 4.5 ("New Orleans") or Elder Scrolls 6 ("Argonia")?

The probability to come across a feral ghoul that tries to eat me up is much higher today than the visitation by an elf that thinks he's some kind of Jedi, waving his hand around like that. So, I'd prefer to see myself eating green swampburgers under the ticking of the pipboy at Voodoo Mama's Inn in Louisiana, of course on survival.

Argonia. Fallout has always been a sort of 'once and done' game for me. Exceptions being Fallout 1/2. Fallout 3 was alright and had some replay-ability, NV was more or less a scripted walking simulator 2009. And I'll be testing out FO 4 today to see if it's similar to 1-3 or NV. Don't have high hopes though.

Fallout 4 was so terrible I kinda wish they'd just stop and bury (or sell) the IP rather than going on to rape it again and again. Skyrim had some of the same issues already that they just multiplied for FO4 (such as the radiant quest crap) but it's much more bearable. And I actually liked Skyrim's skill and perk system, it's not perfect but it's better than the old skill point system of FO3 and the new perk chart (it's a pain to mod as well, change perks' locations around and it'll be a mess, the icons just won't fit in other spots). I don't have high hopes for anything Bethesda does anymore but I think they would try a little bit harder with Elder Scrolls. I don't care much for argonians and would much rather see the deserts of Hammerfell but at this point I need a break from Fallout so Argonia it is. Even if Obsidian were to make the next Fallout I'm sure Beth/Zenimax would screw it up somehow.

Sorry for the rant, needed to vent out some of my frustration with FO4, the game is just so unfun to play and mod and it breaks my heart :(

At this point my faith in Bethesda has been shattered. Their continuing commitment to "streamlining" game mechanics just doesn't appeal to me as an older RPG player; their rep for never fully debugging their games is a joke; their plots just keep getting thinner and thinner; and they always tweak the engine to remake it instead of optimizing what they have to run at its full potential. Commercially the last bit makes no sense whatsoever. Why spend the money and man hours to remake something when what you have is capable of much, much more with some optimization that's cheaper and faster and will net a better result anyway?

I'm even losing faith in FONO because look at what happened with FONV! Obsidian had it right, they were doing an excellent job and needed just a little more time to finish debugging and stabilizing an engine that was POS to begin with. Then Zenimax/Bethesda brings down a deadline that they have to meet or face severe repercussions and forces its release. Sadly even that was better than their own attempt. I would bet real money that Bethesda does something similar if they license a new Fallout title to Obsidian. FO4 was just not a Fallout title and it wouldn't take much for Obsidian to show up Bethesda all over again. There's some professional pride on the line that could see FONO sabotaged for no other reason than base ego.

Archived