OSA | Skyrim Ascendancy Engine

As promised I have started work on the MyEquip XML's and these should be functional If I understood everything correctly. Will continue to add more data to the XML as time passes. CEO would mind having a look and seeing if all is well? I took the i=" " to be referring to built in icons for OSA for the most common of armor items. 

Hi Blackhands, 

Looks great thank you for doing this! 

Everything looks rights on to me except line 8+9 in  Aetherium has some XML format errors:

<entry n="Dwarven Power Armor" t"" fo="D60A" m="AetheriumSwordsnArmor.esp" s="32" i="ome_a_cuirass_m"> <-- entry not closed with a /
<entry n="Aetherial Armor" t="" fo="D60F  m="AetheriumSwordsnArmor.esp" s="32" i="ome_a_cuirass_m"/>   <--- fo= missing a closing quote

correction >
<entry n="Dwarven Power Armor" t"" fo="D60A" m="AetheriumSwordsnArmor.esp" s="32" i="ome_a_cuirass_m"/> 
<entry n="Aetherial Armor" t="" fo="D60F"  m="AetheriumSwordsnArmor.esp" s="32" i="ome_a_cuirass_m"/>

I will add a database that shows all the icons you can use. There isn't a whole lot of variety for things related to equipment but I imagine it will expand in time, any icon that OSA uses can be used here.

As a note on preference things, you could alternatively only declare a single document in the declare.xml and have the first tier of folders inside the xmls be the mods. Declare is close to what I would like it to do but ultimately, where a mod author of equipment could simply add a document and have all the items in their mod show up on a list. The reason it can't be done now automatically is because the user would still have to add the <declare> line into the xml. In an upcoming version I will most likely remove the need to declare and have it OSA scan the directory for all files. It's all just a matter of preference outside of that how the user wants their equipment organized.

Nice job thanks a lot!

Thank you Meem0 for the very detailed explanation that all makes sense to me.

The main point of this effort however would be to allow people to freely work on the xmls and improve them as a community effort to fill things in. I worry in this case that github requires to much knowledge / learning to get people involved in making edits. in theory it sounds like it would work but would also isolate almost everyone that would like to contribute from doing so because of how much set up / time it would take to figure out to itnteract with it.

Do you know of anything similar that's easier for people to just dabble in? I suppose something like google docs but it might not have version control in case someone comes and trolls all the xml.

Thanks so much Meguru,

I will add this information to a short tutorial on translations where I'll include all the codepages known so far that work. Thank you for the screen shot also.

I think your suggestion is best, I was hoping since Times and Arial had a much larger amount of characters that they would cover a majority of other languages but after your response I imagine other Asian languages will also have the same problem and having to pack special fonts for all of them would result in a huge file size. I think it would be best to do what you suggested and let people that know how repack the .swf with alternate fonts for their region if needed. I give full permission to do that and thank you for figuring this out and managing a Japanese version!

The one thing I worry about with this is that all progress I make on OSA has to result in a recompiled swf which will most likely happen at every release, so as long as I'm still active and development is going on it might have to be recompiled fairly regularly.

Thank you!

Thank you Meem0 for the very detailed explanation that all makes sense to me.

The main point of this effort however would be to allow people to freely work on the xmls and improve them as a community effort to fill things in. I worry in this case that github requires to much knowledge / learning to get people involved in making edits. in theory it sounds like it would work but would also isolate almost everyone that would like to contribute from doing so because of how much set up / time it would take to figure out to itnteract with it.

Do you know of anything similar that's easier for people to just dabble in? I suppose something like google docs but it might not have version control in case someone comes and trolls all the xml.

haha yeah wow I went overboard with the explanation didn't I...

It's true that github might be daunting to the average user.  But keep in mind my instructions were for creating a repository, not just contributing to one, which is easier.  Really, all a contributor would have to do is download a git client and click the big green "clone" button, make your changes locally, then click the "push" button in the git client.

But I actually just learned that you can edit a file and submit a pull request directly from the github website, in your browser.

Here's a 2-minute demo video I just made showing the full workflow of a contributor submitting a pull request and the repository owner accepting it.  I agree that it is more complicated than Google Docs, but it's also a lot more powerful.  You could also argue that anyone unwilling to learn to do something as simple as that maybe shouldn't be touching the files ^_^

Edit - It is possible to do "suggestion mode" in Google Docs, where every change has to be approved.  However Google Docs really isn't made for editing XML, and I've heard a student say that he got spammed with emails just from a 5-person group project while using suggestion mode...

Other than that, I couldn't find any user-friendly (i.e. in-browser) version control solutions out there that don't require professional licenses.

Hi thank you meguluru to show me the way of using japanese font iwith OSA..

I am now learning each tool usage  :P to play  action script  for Skyrim , then may try to embed font in OSA.swf.

I just use FFDEC  and  turn swf as realdable XML, then now I understand why I need input each fonts directly in one OSA.swf.

then this is maybe silly question (and request if we can ), but hope to ask CEO ,,

I think we can call each OsaFonts.swf  (may need default,OsaFontsDefault.swf,  OsaFonts2Default.swf

and User (not supported Font)  adding OsaFontsUser.swf) which only include each fonts as swf to be called from  OSA.swf.(interface)

if it work, each region User (like japanese) may just change OsaFontsOther.swf.  and may need not re-compile and embed Fonts in OSA.swf ?

====================

Anyway I tried Meguluru adviised way. I set 65001 in CPConvert.ini

then embed japanese fonts to both of “DefineFont3 (3: Futura Std Medium)” and “DefineFont3 (4: Futura Std Light)”  it actually worked well.

Activate OSA by Enter key, then   Config>Language Config>Use Non english characters set  OFF (not active)

I need to de-active "Use Non english characters" in OSA setting menu to show Jpananese letter .

If I set it as active "on",  japanese letters are corrupted again

post-573056-0-14776100-1468739731_thumb.jpg

post-573056-0-77302700-1468739965_thumb.jpg

Hi Ceo,

Thanks for the feedback, I have made some more XML's and will push those corrections through on the next posted version which will have quite a few more files to it. I found using TES5Edit's armour spreadsheet function really useful in grabbing the information as I can load an armour mod and just have its data displayed in a easy to use format.

Should I keep posting here or would you prefer a separate thread with the files for download so its easier to track changes for those using the *files?

*Edit* When it comes to outfits with multiple slots i.e. 32, 34, 38 should the "main" i.e 32 for body be used in the xml or all slots? It seems to be mostly robe type outfits that do this. 

Not sure if I should post this in the Osex or this page or the AAdventure page but I've seen other people with similar issues with the Camilla quickie scene in AA. With a futa female character, the penis will grow like a ballon toward the back of the character and screw up the game's menu. I did notice that the penis works fine during the scene itself, it's when I decided to "pull out" is when the ballooning happens.

I'll test a little more with other NPCs and outside of AA's quest scene. Maybe that particular scene is buggy since it's supposed to be restricted (Camilla keep reequipping her clothes no matter what)

I have a question, so I installed OSA using NMM then installed Osex then ran FNIS but when I play the game the OSA ui is incomplete, I think.
I can't find Osex in the library. And I can still initiate osex scene using num pad 0.

Please help I really want to use OSA with Osex.

Fixed it. I downloaded Osex v1.08c from the Nexus but it was just about 35MB. I got the 46 MB from page 205 of the Osex post.

when I boot the game up with both osex and osa active it says the ui couldn't boot up and gives me the code UIConflict01. Anyone know what that means?

You have some UI conflict. Immersive hud 2 mod is most common problem.

If you dont have that one try to search for a file hudmenu.swf. See what mod is providing it and delete it.

i got problem.. help ..

so i need to press num enter ? in my laptop there is no num enter.. only num 0-9,/,*,-,+,.    ... no num enter...
i tried using on screen keyboard but its not working.. so what should i do? i cant run the animation then, ...

i got problem.. help ..

so i need to press num enter ? in my laptop there is no num enter.. only num 0-9,/,*,-,+,.    ... no num enter...

i tried using on screen keyboard but its not working.. so what should i do? i cant run the animation then, ...

Read.

Issue of the nav panel being off screen. Its too far over to the left and I can't tell what the text is saying. Otherwise everything else has been working. Is there a setting somewhere to move it over?

Restart Skyrim.

OSA 2*+

Install instructions:

- make sure you have stable Skyrim install
- make sure you dont have conflicting mods installed (OSA needs visible vanilla crosshair. You will get a warning if you have conflicting mod installed.)
- make sure you remove any previous version of Osex and clean your latest save.
- install all the requirements (all latest versions) in this order:
1. SKSE
2. SkyUI
3. RACE MENU or Netimmerse Override
4. FNIS (Run it every time after you add/install OSA modules)

5. MFGConsole (needed for expression functionality)
- optional requirements:
6. SOS
7. XPMSE (never let anything overwrite this mod)
- install OSA
8. OSA
- install OSA modules and plugins
9. Osex 1.09 or newer Install instructions and FAQ
* OSA Demo Module - module for developers
10. Run FNIS and generate behavior files (make sure FNIS recognized all new animations. Osex comes with about 1000. Use standard fnis fixes.)

In game setup:

- start a new game or load clean save (save without any trace of previous OSA/Osex).

Important default keys:
NumEnter = menu Num4 = left Num6 = right Num5 = down Num8 = up Num7 = YES Num1= NO

Alternative default keys (if you dont have numpad press and hold F8 for 10 seconds to switch to alternative keys):
LeftShift = menu A = left D = right S = down W = up Q = YES E= NO

1. You need to open major menu (press NumEnter by default). If it doesn't open save the game load it and try to open it again.

2. Go to library to see what modules you have installed. At the moment you can have Demo and Osex. (nothing in library? - some mod is overwriting papyrusutil from OSA (Like SOS that i told you to install before OSA, but you did it after. Change install order of mods so that OSA can have access to newest papyrusutil. Alternative: install newest papyrusutil from nexus and overwrite every other mod that already has older version included.)

3. Go to Osex and on new menu go to keybinding

4. Select option for binding and big white circle will show up at the center of the screen.

5. Press any key you want. (Example: Num0) This key will be used for starting Osex module.

Now all you need to do is exit that menu by pressing numEnter again then target some NPC and press Num0 (the key you set in step 5).

To end the scene press numperiod/delete or your custom binded key for END.

NPC on NPC

You can also start NPC on NPC scenes. To do this open major menu then library then Osex then start. This will open a menu where you can target actor under crosshair and add it to group of available actors. Use this menu to asign one of the available actors to Dom or Sub role and start a scene.

After the scene is started and actors are embraced close major menu then target one actor and press inspect key. Choose observe option to control what they do.

ESG setup:
You will have to teach OSA what items you have equipped in what slot in order to play apropriate unequip animation. By default you will have ESG setup that CEO is using in his Skyrim. Creating your own is easy. You can do it from within major menu.

FAQ:

- Serious questions:
1. What is OSA - Read first post.
2. What can OSA do? - Read first post then use your imagination.
3. Is OSA compatible with Sexlab - Yes. They share papyrusutil (3.2 or newer) and mfg console so if it asks to overwrite, do it. If sexlab complains reinstall it and overwrite papyrusutil from OSA.

Alternative: install latest papyrusutil from nexus and overwrite Sexlab and OSA.
4. Can Sexlab mods work with OSA - No. They can only run on Sexlab or they have to be updated to run on OSA.
5. Are there any mods for OSA - Yes. See the list below.
6. Where can i find out more about OSA - Use this topic to ask anything related to OSA.

7. Where is MCM menu? - Its gone, doesnt exist, replaced by OSA major menu (open with numEnter)

8. FNIS gives me Error (9). You need to update FNIS to version that supports more animations or you have to much animations installed.

- Half serious questions:
1. Why is my penis so big? - OSA is increasing its size to better match hands during animations. You can turn off Gentleman scaling in options from major menu if you disable purity mode.
2. Why my characters resize in animations? - OSA is setting up characters size to match animations in order to have perfect alignment.
3. There are no animations, characters are inside each other in T-pose - You messed up. Read install instructions again.

4. My FPS drops - dont press ENB FPS limiter hotkey (see your enblocal.ini).

- Unbeliveable questions:
1. Where is that key on my keyboard?
2. Is this mod compatible with Dyndolod?

Known Issues:
- UI shifted to the left (restarting skyrim is temporary fix)
- NPC on NPC start can freeze actors if one actor leaves the cell (be carefull about this untill it gets fixed)

- OSA activates even if console is up. (Don't use numpad for console is temporary solution)

- Game sometimes CTD during keybinding

- Crash on load ("FootIK error" popup if you installed Crash fixes mod) - Install Load Game CTD Fix mod and it will bypass/fix this issue.

Conflicting mods:
- No known conflicting mods

Want to help?

1. Spread the word

2. Report bugs:

- Use only latest OSA and required mods while testing

- "Its not working" is not bug report.

- Write what you did and what happened? What is expected to happen?

3. Help to solve bugs if you know solution

4. Create new content for OSA (animations, modules, sounds, voiced lines, personas, expressions, character stories...)

Mods that use OSA:

- Osex by CEO OS

- Amorous Adventures by FoxFingers

- Poser Module for OSA by Morra

- Bathing Beauties or Beefcake by migal130

- JRDance | OSA module by Jerok

OSA 1.084c

Perfect, Kinky-thanks! I can verify that following these instructions carefully will get you in to OSA/OSex (In my case I accidentally grabbed Faerendal instead of Sigrid on my first try, but just went with it to try out the commands) 

Another UI mod that needs to be removed: Simple Crosshair

OSA 1.084c

Install instructions:

- make sure you have stable Skyrim install

- make sure you dont have conflicting mods installed (OSA needs visible vanilla crosshair. You will get a warning if you have one.)

- make sure you remove any previous version of Osex

- install all the requirements (all latest versions) in this order:

1. SKSE

2. SKYIU

3. RACE MENU

4. FNIS (Run it every time after you add/install OSA modules)

- optional requirements:

5. SOS

6. XPMSE (never let anything overwrite this mod)

- install OSA

7. OSA

- install OSA modules and plugins

8. Osex 1.084c or newer

* OSA Demo Module - module for developers

9. Run FNIS and generate behavior files (make sure FNIS recognized all new animations. Osex comes with about 1000)

In game setup:

- start a new game or load clean save

Important default keys:

NumEnter = menu Num4 = left Num6 = right Num5 = down Num8 = up Num7 = YES Num1= NO

Alternative default keys (if you dont have numpad press and hold F8 for 10 seconds to switch to alternative keys):

LeftShift = menu A = left D = right S = down W = up Q = YES E= NO

1. You need to open major menu (press NumEnter by default). If it doesn't open save the game load it and try to open it again.

2. Go to library to see what modules you have installed. At the moment you can have Demo and Osex.

3. Go to Osex and on new menu go to keybinding

4. Select option for binding and big white circle will show up at the center of the screen.

5. Press any key you want. (Example: Num0) This key will be used for starting Osex module.

Now all you need to do is exit that menu by pressing numEnter again then target some NPC and press Num0

(the key you set in step 5).

NPC on NPC

You can also start NPC on NPC scenes. To do this open major menu then library then Osex then start. This will open a menu where you can target actor under crosshair and add it to group of available actors. Use this menu to asign one of the available actors to Dom or Sub role and start a scene.

After the scene is started and actors are embraced close major menu then target one actor and press inspect key. Choose observe option to control what they do.

ESG setup:

You will have to teach OSA what items you have equipped in what slot in order to play apropriate unequip animation. By default you will have ESG setup that CEO is using in his Skyrim. Creating your own is easy. All you have to do is edit some text files that you open with notepad.

To see example of my setup (Vanila skyrim items + cloaks of skyrim mod) click here.

FAQ:

- Serious questions:

1. What is OSA - Read first post.

2. What can OSA do? - Read first post then use your imagination.

3. Is OSA compatible with Sexlab - Yes. They share papyrusutil (3.2) and mfg console so if it asks to overwrite, do it.

4. Can Sexlab mods work with OSA - No. They can only run on Sexlab or they have to be updated to run on OSA.

5. Are there any mods for OSA - Yes. Amorous Adventures, check it out, other mods are in development.

6. Where can i find out more about OSA - Use this topic to ask anything related to OSA.

- Half serious questions:

1. Why is my penis so big? - OSA is increasing its size to better match hands during animations. You can turn off scaling in options.

2. Why my characters resize in animations? - OSA is setting up characters size to match animations in order to have perfect alignment.

3. There are no animations, characters are inside each other in T-pose - You messed up. Read install instructions again.

- Unbeliveable questions:

1. Hey CEO you are great modder who spent so much time on this, can you expand this mod and create another game or even better - world peace?

2. Where is that key on my keyboard?

3. Is this mod compatible with Dyndolod?

Known Issues:

- Actor alignment issues (CEO is working on a fix)

- UI shifted to the left (restarting skyrim is temporary fix)

- NPC on NPC start can freeze actors if one actor leaves the cell (be carefull about this untill it gets fixed)

Conflicting mods:

- Less Intrusive HUD II

- Simple Crosshair

(Automatically translated)
How come you mentioned RaceMenu between the requirements?

Race Menu includes Netimerse override that is needed by some OSA functions. You can also install Netimmerse override separately. Ill add this to that post.

Race Menu includes Netimerse override that is needed by some OSA functions. You can also install Netimmerse override separately. Ill add this to that post.

I see.
Thank you for your reply.

I noticed that when the player (possibly NPCs as well) engages in an OSA scene, he/she is marked as sitting, affecting Actor.GetSitState()  (Asked about this in the 0Sex thread but have confirmed it since)

I have a mod that sometimes does stuff when the player or certain NPCs are sitting, and this behaviour from OSA interferes with that.  Is it possible to check (in papyrus) if an Actor is engaged in an OSA scene?  Then I can simply add a check for that.

Also noticed that the version of JsonUtils included with OSA is older than the one included in the latest SexLab. It didn't seem to affect SL in the game but I noticed compilation errors in SL scripts when trying to compile my mod. Maybe it's just the source files that are outdated, I replaced them with the more recent ones from SL. So far so good.

Also noticed that the version of JsonUtils included with OSA is older than the one included in the latest SexLab. It didn't seem to affect SL in the game but I noticed compilation errors in SL scripts when trying to compile my mod. Maybe it's just the source files that are outdated, I replaced them with the more recent ones from SL. So far so good.

From what ive read It seems that Sexlab has included papyrusutil 3.3 test version that is not yet released as an update of 3.2 but it doesnt seem to be using any of the new functions.

OSA comes with 3.2 that is latest available for public but if you need to do stuff with 3.3 its safe to overwrite the one from OSA.

Hi. Thank you for your permission to upload the OSA.swf file. And care about other languages, Ceo! :)

Here is the Japanese version of OSA.swf. (and some ReadMe files: about how to use swf and how to add characters to swf.)

This does not translate any English. But can display Japanese texts correctly. I chose the open-source fonts, to free from worry about font's redistribution.

OSA_swf_JPVer_v1_084C.zip

I'm not really familiar with scripting things, so I have no idea of other way to use non-English characters, Sorry... :(  Though, I could recompile swf every time in the future if needed, because I began to come here very often since v1.082 was uploaded (onto other topic).

If there is any other way to help you with, please let me know. :D  Thank you!