SLAL Animations by Sailing Rebel [SRB] (2018-08-09)

13 minutes ago, Aref_king said:

I don't know why but when i attempt to install the manually i get this forever! And whit nexus mod manager the files are empty like a shortcut of sort !

Capture.PNG

And also the format of the files are not the same when i install it with nmm for example : the .hkx files are .symlink in destination forlder

7 minutes ago, CGi said:

Works fine on my end using 7ZiP and MO2.

Hide contents

Zwischenablage02.png

Looks like the file you downloaded is corrupt.

Try re-downloading and if it's corrupt again, check your harddrive for errors or - if your router shows that - the stability of your connection.

Doesn't make any difference every time i download it same shit happens 

5 minutes ago, Aref_king said:

And also the format of the files are not the same when i install it with nmm for example : the .hkx files are .symlink in destination forlder

That's what NMM does if you have multiple profiles, as far as i'm aware.
it's a replication of MO's behaviour, where no files are installed directly into the games data folder but instead linked from a virtual install folder.
You should be able to disable behavior this in NMM, if it causes problems for you.

2 minutes ago, CGi said:

That's what NMM does if you have multiple profiles, as far as i'm aware.
it's a replication of MO's behaviour, where no files are installed directly into the games data folder but instead linked from a virtual install folder.
You should be able to disable behavior this in NMM, if it causes problems for you.

Dude i cant copy it to the folder manually 

2 minutes ago, Aref_king said:

I can extract the files on desktop but not in skyrim folder

Again: Are the SymLinks NMM created still in place?

And just to confirm installing using MO:

Zwischenablage01.png

Works, so the problem is somewhere on your end.

5 minutes ago, CGi said:

Again: Are the SymLinks NMM created still in place?

And just to confirm installing using MO:

Reveal hidden contents

Zwischenablage01.png

Works, so the problem is somewhere on your end.

With NMM SymLinks are always in place but not when istalling it manually on any folder not skyrim folder of curse

Just now, Aref_king said:

With NMM SymLinks are always in place but not when istalling it manually.

To clarify: if you have SymLinks of the same name in place, it can result in you not being able to overwrite them when installing directly.

4 minutes ago, CGi said:

To clarify: if you have SymLinks of the same name in place, it can result in you not being able to overwrite them when installing directly.

Damn youre good. I deleted all those symlinks and istalled it manually everything is working now thanx

4 minutes ago, Aref_king said:

Damn youre good. I deleted all those symlinks and istalled it manually everything is working now thanx

Glad i could help.
Just checked out @Sailing Rebel's new animations. Damn good work, as usual hence why i kept using the 2016 pack.

9 minutes ago, CGi said:
14 minutes ago, Aref_king said:

Glad i could help.
Just checked out @Sailing Rebel's new animations. Damn good work, as usual hence why i kept using the 2016 pack. 

Making a note of that fix.

And thank you ?

24 minutes ago, btasqan said:

For those installing with nmm. Rename the version 2 file to

SLAL_Sailing_Rebel(SRB)_02.0.7z

before you install. This should work. Nmm somehow has trouble with spaces and long names for certain mods.

And consider moving to MO2. NMM has long outlived its usefulness.

21 hours ago, Sailing Rebel said:

And consider moving to MO2. NMM has long outlived its usefulness.

I still use NMM because textures and Bodyslide work much easier with it. With MO and Vortex it is a real hustle to manage single or sets of texture files. Bodyslide files dont always show up at the location they should be etc. Only reason I would switch is because you cant break your game that easily and you always are aware which mod is prioritized over another. Also if you mostyl install animations and DLC like new worlds mods, then MO and Vortex are really comfortable. But when it comes to specific overrides (Bodyslide, texture mods, XML file overides and management depend on this a lot), NMM is superior and works similar to manual install. Therefore the results ingame are more accurate.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/11/2018 at 3:47 PM, btasqan said:

For those installing with nmm. Rename the version 2 file to

SLAL_Sailing_Rebel(SRB)_02.0.7z

before you install. This should work. Nmm somehow has trouble with spaces and long names for certain mods.

Thanks Btasqan, worked for my error (FNIS_SRBCreatures_Behavior.hkx path issue in FNIS) perfectly. Will keep that fix in mind for other mods too.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Kane21742 said:

NMM will not let it stay on every time i try running skyrim i have it on but as soon as i quite skyrim and reload NMM it is turned off

Mods disabling themselves is a known issue with NMM. Try running it as admin and reinstalling any affected mods.

NMM reached end-of-line two years ago. It is no longer being developed, maintained or supported. The long term solution is to switch to Mod Organiser 2.

3 hours ago, Sailing Rebel said:

Mods disabling themselves is a known issue with NMM. Try running it as admin and reinstalling any affected mods.

NMM reached end-of-line two years ago. It is no longer being developed, maintained or supported. The long term solution is to switch to Mod Organiser 2.

Not sure if you got confused or me, imho long term solution would be until Vortex gets its MO like addons since it's developed by tannin, the author of MO. At least that was a plan some years ago, not sure if they still want to do it.

Also: thanks for your update, totally missed that. :)

6 hours ago, Nazzzgul666 said:

Not sure if you got confused or me, imho long term solution would be until Vortex gets its MO like addons since it's developed by tannin, the author of MO. At least that was a plan some years ago, not sure if they still want to do it. 

Also: thanks for your update, totally missed that. :)

That would be interesting, I have VMM installed just to keep an eye on things, but I'm not holding my breath for it to catch up with MO2 any time soon.

Anyway, hope you enjoy the update.

13 hours ago, Sailing Rebel said:

That would be interesting, I have VMM installed just to keep an eye on things, but I'm not holding my breath for it to catch up with MO2 any time soon.

Anyway, hope you enjoy the update.

Meanwhile i'd rather vote for MO1, at least for Oldrim it does it's thing and since i spend a lot of time in the tech support threads, MO2 seems less stable for the 32bit version, but necessary for SE. And now i'll enjoy your update. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, so i've run into a really annoying issue and can't seem to find anything posted here about it yet. I'm using NMM and I've managed to get it to load the mod properly by changing the file name as others suggested. The pack and its animations all show up fine in FNIS, no errors, then when I load the game, everything shows up fine in the SLAL MCM menu. I can enable the animations fine, but when I try to actually register them, they won't register. I click on 'register all' and it just says 'registered 0 new animations'. I've tried reloading all the animations, and rebuilding the animation registry, and reloading json data, but nothing seems to work. I don't think it's an issue with slal, because all the other SLAL packs work perfectly. I've tried running both FNIS and NMM as administrator, i've tried re-downloading and reinstalling the pack, and i've even tried a manual installation, but no matter what I do, I have the same issue. Any ideas?

4 hours ago, FenStaple said:

Okay, so i've run into a really annoying issue and can't seem to find anything posted here about it yet. I'm using NMM and I've managed to get it to load the mod properly by changing the file name as others suggested. The pack and its animations all show up fine in FNIS, no errors, then when I load the game, everything shows up fine in the SLAL MCM menu. I can enable the animations fine, but when I try to actually register them, they won't register. I click on 'register all' and it just says 'registered 0 new animations'. I've tried reloading all the animations, and rebuilding the animation registry, and reloading json data, but nothing seems to work. I don't think it's an issue with slal, because all the other SLAL packs work perfectly. I've tried running both FNIS and NMM as administrator, i've tried re-downloading and reinstalling the pack, and i've even tried a manual installation, but no matter what I do, I have the same issue. Any ideas?

It sounds like you might have exceeded the 500 animations limit that sexlab comes standard with.  If you did exceed the 500 limit there is this mod Sexlab More Animations 1.0.1 that increases the limit to 750 which I've had no problems using.