Skyrim Remastered: But with Spears

Now i would like to speak to you guys and gals and others about spears and maybe a giant mudcrab... And maybe other features.

If you have been living under a rock or just never seen it before than i would you to watch this skyrim gamejam video

Now there are some things in this video that were added by dlc, updates and a couple mods, but the one thing that was not added was the spear animations that was showcased.. Wouldn't it be awesome if bethesda added this weapon type into the special edition?

I know the remaster is just a graphic upgrade but it would be really cool if there were alot of gameplay stuff that were added.

Theres only so much modders can do with how limited these things are.

So what are your thoughts on this?

So a bunch of guys mostly took a week to add stuff that was already added with mods.

Sounds super :D

No offense of course.

But that's exactly what I would say if I were as informed as I am...

No wait that didn't come out right.

But uh sure every thing in there with perhaps the exception of the spears is already a mod.

The other thing is that we all should happen to understand that the Spear thing....Has been possible the entire time with whats available now.

Or how else do people think we have Armbinder combat for crying out load?

IDK

What I think the real issue is....

Its that there are in fact many talented individuals and though perhaps there are not loads of those people there still are quite a lot considering that there are about ohhh around maybe upwards of a few thousand such people that all should realistically be more than able to get such a career job.

Its little wonder that much hotter heads than mine will say fairly derogatory remarks about modders working for Bethsada, for free.

Its also little wonder that the consumers are now quite uh how shall I say a bit unappreciative of the hard work that anyone does paid or not for a game that we all love or should if we're spending any length of time on it as it is.

Seems to me that there is a lot of noise and its not all pleasant to hear.

I think the problem with spears is that it's pretty hard to code in new weapon types with animations solely associated with them. It's all fine and dandy if you add weapons that can use the existing movesets but if you want some that require their own category shit starts to get real tough. The only modder that managed to do that was soolie and that mod was buggy as fuck iirc. There are technical limitations with adding entirely new weapon categories and types that go way beyond adding new animations.

Also keep in mind this video was released shortly after Skyrim was released. So at that time, no, most of the stuff shown was not already added with mods. We didn't even have FNIS at the time this video went up.

Spears would be cool, I also would like to see the addition of quarterstaffs; however, Spears/Quarterstaff with specific animations, not the animations of a great sword/axe/mace/etc.

So I have a question, I had been planning to start all over with a fresh install of Skyrim, but with this announcement I am wondering if it would be better for me to just wait? 

Sure it is really only adding things (mainly graphics) that already exist in mods, however my main concern is the Remaster causing compatibility issues.  I really do not want to be 4-5 months in a game and have to scrap everything and start all over.

I think the problem with spears is that it's pretty hard to code in new weapon types with animations solely associated with them. It's all fine and dandy if you add weapons that can use the existing movesets but if you want some that require their own category shit starts to get real tough. The only modder that managed to do that was soolie and that mod was buggy as fuck iirc. There are technical limitations with adding entirely new weapon categories and types that go way beyond adding new animations.

Also keep in mind this video was released shortly after Skyrim was released. So at that time, no, most of the stuff shown was not already added with mods. We didn't even have FNIS at the time this video went up.

Ah now I understand...Its hard to keep informed on the many developments as just well one person.

This tidbit really does fill in a gap though and helps me understand a whole heck of lot of the resentment that I've read over the years.

So dang they made all that stuff in the last week and didn't even insert it into the Update.ESM....

Man, makes you think though just how many of the "modders" are just really Bethsada Employee's...

Which well I wouldn't be surprised at all about a few people at least.

Spears would be cool, I also would like to see the addition of quarterstaffs; however, Spears/Quarterstaff with specific animations, not the animations of a great sword/axe/mace/etc.

So I have a question, I had been planning to start all over with a fresh install of Skyrim, but with this announcement I am wondering if it would be better for me to just wait? 

Sure it is really only adding things (mainly graphics) that already exist in mods, however my main concern is the Remaster causing compatibility issues.  I really do not want to be 4-5 months in a game and have to scrap everything and start all over.

The remastered edition is a new entry in your steam library and won't affect you normal Skyrim installation at all. The remastered edition probably won't have any other changes other than those of graphical nature and the engine being updated to 64bit.

How hard it will be to port mods over to the 64bit version or how many mod authors will actually care about the new version is something we don't know until october.

The remastered edition is a new entry in your steam library and won't affect you normal Skyrim installation at all. The remastered edition probably won't have any other changes other than those of graphical nature and the engine being updated to 64bit.

How hard it will be to port mods over to the 64bit version or how many mod authors will actually care about the new version is something we don't know until october.

Brilliant!  I did not realize it was going to be a new entry in my library, I just figured it was going to roll out in the form of a “patch” or something similar; but no, this is much better.

This means I now get to mod Skyrim...blink.png...whelp I am about to lose 2 weeks.  

Maybe I will finally be able to create my High Elf Drag Queen named Helluva Bottom Carter.

Thanks for the info.

It is no secret that a good number of modders are professional artist and programmer. Having a game development background wouldn't be that odd of an overlap. As for actual bethesda employees? Sure there's got to be a few right? But I doubt many (if any) actually spent full time working on mods especially for extended period of time.

I also have mixed feelings knowing these people occupying similar modding space of an average person tinkering with the CK.

The spear on the other hand...the animation looks somewhat familiar, maybe it was from somewhere else.

I know this video since released on February 9, 2012  and the only thing that fascinated me sees one from 0:30.
*seasons change* spring, summer, autumn and winter.
would be this in Skyrim Remaster, then, maybe only then, I would play it.
but Bethesda is not in a position to do so, that would provide only Modder!  :P 
and for this reason, I will play it NOT!
I am not a person, where the same the drool from the mouth drips just because Bethesda makes a Remaster!  ;)

edit: Who has of Skyrim a masterpiece made? it was not Bethesda, it was the Modder !!!

edit2: without Modder would be this already long happen with Skyrim!  :lol:  :lol:

the_riddle_grave_by_ameymoo-d5kv7v5.jpg

Here rests Skyrim  :P

The only modder that managed to do that was soolie and that mod was buggy as fuck iirc.

It was, oh god it was, but it was worth it. I even got it to play along with a bunch of other mods - such as some custom spear models and Dual Sheath Redux - although there was a very specific order in which things had to be equipped in order to get the animations to kick in right.

I haven't played in a while, but the last I heard, wasn't FINS on the verge of a major breakthrough in being able to replace animation sets on they fly? What ever happened to that?

Archived