skyrim special edition , Modding news

WoLfN7

Welcome to two weeks ago, and no one with an ounce of common sense actually thought this.

Also roflmao at "oh just download these (gigantic) quest mods, they're great". You mean these quest mods like the one you showed onscreen that goes right the fuck over the mod space limitation of both consoles?.

Gotcha.

Also roflmao at "hey bethesda lemme help you pick stuff", you mean the same bethesda that took nine days to take down stolen mods yet hit the Nexus not with a DMCA but a personal call by the head of Bethesda community relations on Far Harbor within an hour of it being posted, on the weekend?

That bethesda?

right.

funny

play mod

pc user     everything or some thing  with i want

need meshes in this mod  need textures in that mod

*some time i don't want all that mod   i want   meshes of sword   and textures from other  mod

consoles ???

I wonder if the consoles will handle the XPMSE skeleton? If so I would expect pretty much every armor and clothing mod to be "shared" with the console community. I would expect the Nexus to start looking rather bare as far as armor and clothing mods go that starts. Even if XPMSE isn't usable there are a lot of good clothing / armor mods that will likely be taken (by console users then off Nexus). 

I wonder if the consoles will handle the XPMSE skeleton? If so I would expect pretty much every armor and clothing mod to be "shared" with the console community. I would expect the Nexus to start looking rather bare as far as armor and clothing mods go that starts. Even if XPMSE isn't usable there are a lot of good clothing / armor mods that will likely be taken (by console users then off Nexus). 

First off they would have to be able to get a nude body from Bethnet before even thinking about the Skeleton kek

I hv another vid from youtube skyrim guy he pretty popular, if anyone wants see it , he say fnis , skyui etc all need upgraded , we basically to me gonna be starting over, but our skyrim now is a special edition if not better , look wats out there.

Special edition just graphics upgrade no new content etc

Bethesda prob took sum mods from nexus lol

As far as i'm aware, PC users that bought the Legendary Edition will get the update to the Special Edition for free so all i'll do is disable auto update in Steam.

i would say that only the 64bit engine is a pro for the SE because using ENB plus it's host process that holds the execss on texture data i already have a solution and else i don't see anything that i don't already (could) have, making a switch over redundant untill SKSE for SE is out ... if it'll ever come out because it makes mods unuseable for consoles again so Beth might do something against it.

Guest endgameaddiction

I doubt it's a force update, or an update period. Because people such as myself who cannot run Fallout 4 because my hardware doesn't comply with their requirements. To force me to have Skyrim remaster; a product that I once bought forcing me to update to a product that no longer can run on my machine is not going to happen. But Bethesda can be unpredictable so I'll sit back and wait and wait and let the pawns go in first anyways.

The SE will definitly take more resoucres and need a bit more hardware power, but overall they didn't change much.
No added proprietary code (PhysX) from FO4s engine and not much else that we couldn't do before. A few more HLSL shaders is nothing a GPU like a 470 or 69xx can't handle.
And seeing that you can always lower the graphics quality thru the settings, they might be able to force the update ... even tho i hope it's offered like a free DLC/AddOn.
Because if i ever launch Skyrim not thru SKSE and the SE is an forced update, i'll update the game because auto updates can not be fully disabled in Steam, just forced to only do it on game start.

As far as i'm aware, PC users that bought the Legendary Edition will get the update to the Special Edition for free so all i'll do is disable auto update in Steam.

i would say that only the 64bit engine is a pro for the SE because using ENB plus it's host process that holds the execss on texture data i already have a solution and else i don't see anything that i don't already (could) have, making a switch over redundant untill SKSE for SE is out ... if it'll ever come out because it makes mods unuseable for consoles again so Beth might do something against it.

special edition is a separate game dude and not a update so no need to disable auto update in steam.

It was confirmed many times by Hines Bethesda Marketing VP.)

It is a separate game. Separate Steam ID. Separate installation folder.

You will keep your old game if you like.

maybe i should become a youtuber so people listen to me.

Best comment I saw on this thread, that was full of "yeah, we already know" stuff or "goodamn! I didn't know" stuff.

I will start doing Youtube videos. DarkConsole, will you join me?

Short version:

All mods will work with the Remastered version. Meaning all mods like Bethesda wants to see them, simple stuff that you can create within the CK using vanilla assets. A player home here, a new dungeon there.

Now my problem is, none of the mods that interest me are possible with just Bethesda's CK. Anything like textures, meshes etc is done exclusively with 3rd party software where Bethesda has absolutely no support for. Mentioned SKSE, without that you have practically nothing.

And let's be honest, their CK is still working so bad that most modders prefer TES5edit for everything unless the CK is directly required. In fact many things don't even work without TES5edit, like resolving conflicts between mods or cleaning up broken records.

If anyone is afraid that the Remastered version could come as a forced update - if they say "owners of the Legendary Edition" or "owners of all DLCs" get it for free, that means that they either unlock it for free on Steam based on your game ownership, or you maybe have to register on their Bethesda.net website to get it. The former sounds more likely.

It was confirmed many times by Hines Bethesda Marketing VP.)

It is a separate game. Separate Steam ID. Separate installation folder.

You will keep your old game if you like.

The news i read only mentioned that buyers of the Legendary Edition will get the Special Edition for free but not much more.

So i'm happy that it's treated as a seperate game, no matter if i would get it for free or not.

The news i read only mentioned that buyers of the Legendary Edition will get the Special Edition for free but not much more.

So i'm happy that it's treated as a seperate game, no matter if i would get it for free or not.

If you go on Steam, you will already see that the game is available (but you can donwload on from October), and the Steam ID is different. And a different Steam ID == different game and different installation folder.

Archived