Skyrim Has Run Out Of Memory Message

You're using a lot of high texture mods aren't ya? Perhaps try cutting down to 2k versions since more than that only seems to matter when zooming in.

Edit: List your mods as well. Saying 100 or so doesn't let us know which mods your using which one of them could be causing ya problems. But try what I listed above first to see if that helps.

Re:- "Skyrim Has Run Out Of Memory Message"

I assume you mean the an O/S message, rather than some other message. In which case I did get that for the first time yesterday. However I had gone from there, and back again, via a third point and got porked in various manors during the process. I do use Crash Fixes, (latest version). However if it's just something in the basic Skyrim engine, (or maybe a mod - difficult to choose which it might be), which caused it, not something you can easily do about it.  However as the game is running way better than it ever did without crash fixes, I'm not complaining.

This!....

1. Set ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true in enblocal.ini, if you don't use ENB then download ENBoost and set it there

it already has that setting...

I dont get it.. 

I got tons of mods and 2k textures and my system ram never passed 1.8gb with enb

By the way, i find weird that you get a message at all. Usually Skyrim just CTD and nothing else.

i'll post my load in a bit but what happens is i CTD and then there is a windows popup box that says skyrim has run out of memory. i mean i know skyrim doesn't use all the memory that one has to offer but i think its a damn shame since i have 16GB available...

my version? its the latest.

Do you have plenty of free space on the drive where your OS is located, or have you messed with the pagefile settings at all? If your drive space is nearly full or you've capped pagefile to a low amount this will happen.

Open task manager and find out how much physical memory is available, the amount you have doesn't matter if you have an app or driver causing a leak. This is often a problem with using win 10 with some older hardware drivers. Virus or spyware crap also another possible cause of excess memory use.

Do you have plenty of free space on the drive where your OS is located, or have you messed with the pagefile settings at all? If your drive space is nearly full or you've capped pagefile to a low amount this will happen.

Open task manager and find out how much physical memory is available, the amount you have doesn't matter if you have an app or driver causing a leak. This is often a problem with using win 10 with some older hardware drivers. Virus or spyware crap also another possible cause of excess memory use.

hello - yes i have like 150gb left on my ssd. didnt mess with the pagefile at all.

i have a gtx 980 ti w/6gb onboard ram watercooled, gskill 16gb ram, running win7 pro - jic someone was wondering.

Mind copy and pasting all the FNIS text and did you try running http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/12801/? to see if that helps and system specs too?

Edit: Sorry if your getting annoyed at my 20 questions, but process of elimination.

no aplologies - i appresh all help. wut is FNIS "text"? i know wut FNIS is but wut do u mean by text?

i think he means the log that appears when you run it (no idea how it might be related to your problem tho)

You are probably going to tell me that you have it correctly installed and set... but it has to be, i do not think there is an alternative: ENB is either not running or not set properly so you are reaching the 3.1gb limit. You need to go back your steps and look at your enb client installation.

Still need convincing? Check this out

(its for an older version of ENB but you will still get the idea)

If you want to make the same test you will need to download and install skyrim monitor (to make it work, you'll need to set monitor to launch MO where the patch to launch skyrim is set)

here it is

I just read something important somewhere else

You mentioned you are you using crashfixes + SKSE plugin preloader, correct?

Have you read this?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/72725/?

Common issues:

UseOSAllocators=1 and crashing when touching sliders in character creation or otherwise.

Set AlignHeapAllocate=1 in CrashFixPlugin.ini, downside is increased load time and increased memory usage.

UseOSAllocators=1 and crashing on game startup or loading save or shortly after.

Set ExpandSystemMemoryX64=false in enblocal.ini

Game says message box "running out of memory" and crashes.

Set ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true in enblocal.ini

Ground textures flickering weird.

I think i too got that message pop up when i checked TES was using 3.3 gig of ram. i currently not playing with enb boost since it was causing allot of stutter. Do i need to chegae skse ini file to make more so far it has this ini setting:

1 block 768 and the other block 256 maybe i need to up it too 1024 and 512 ??

here it is

I just read something important somewhere else

You mentioned you are you using crashfixes + SKSE plugin preloader, correct?

Have you read this?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/72725/?

Common issues:

UseOSAllocators=1 and crashing when touching sliders in character creation or otherwise.

Set AlignHeapAllocate=1 in CrashFixPlugin.ini, downside is increased load time and increased memory usage.

UseOSAllocators=1 and crashing on game startup or loading save or shortly after.

Game says message box "running out of memory" and crashes.

Set ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true in enblocal.ini

Ground textures flickering weird.

mine is already set to true for reducesystemmemoryusage

I think i too got that message pop up when i checked TES was using 3.3 gig of ram. i currently not playing with enb boost since it was causing allot of stutter. Do i need to chegae skse ini file to make more so far it has this ini setting:

1 block 768 and the other block 256 maybe i need to up it too 1024 and 512 ??

No, you shouldnt need to increase SKSE memory allocation at all

Besides, it wont help you not reaching the 3.1 gb limit

I think it would be better to install ENBoost and taylor your ini settings to try to avoid as much sluttering as possible.

Archived