So I've been playing the beta straight for a week now. Everything is epic, the content, the story, the side quests, the creatures, the mystery, the music, the environment, the items.

But whats fucking annoying is someone needs to fix the shit out of dumbing down game content.

Here is what I mean :

All lever action variant [Reload] - They are just reload animations, If you only Use 1 ammo then Reload("R") you will load all 5 bullets before you can shoot again, you literally need to complete the animation before the 1 ammo gets added to your weapon. HOLY SHIT REALLY BETH!?!?!?!? how come obsidian made lever actions possible on your own game engine in fallout new vegas.

Harpoons - OH Hi! there! changed projectile Broadsider, Was expecting something with a rope then can pull someone or hold someone in place. But nope, JUST A RECHANGED PROJECTILE BROADSIDER THAT PINS THINGS.

Caltrops - Drops multiple Rescaled Mines that had a model change to look like caltrops, slow explosion radius that has its explosion flag to set stagger by formula. To remove dropped unused caltrops you have to shoot it or melee or bash it, no way to pick it up. LITERALLY CANT PICK IT UP!

BEAR TRAPS(THIS GOT ME PISSED DAMN IT!) - Basically Caltrops with just bigger radius that has an explosion flag to cripple by formula. Once it closes you can't rearm it, even with realistically you can rearm it with tools, or pick it up, ZERO CHANCE TO PICK IT UP Once its dropped even if its unused. The only way to destroy them is to shoot/bash/melee it it breaks with a nice havoked animation, as well as destroying the triggered trap has nice havoked animation. BUT GAWD DAMN IT you cant reuse traps, they are hard to make not just steel.

There are lots more i found ill update it once i get home, typing this at work.

Give your 2 cents about the DLC.

Thank you

So I've been playing the beta straight for a week now. Everything is epic, the content, the story, the side quests, the creatures, the mystery, the music, the environment, the items.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StTqXEQ2l-Y

(Yeah I know, it's what happens if I am left unattended and boredom sets in)

But whats fucking annoying is someone needs to fix the shit out of dumbing down game content.

Lol in order to fix that you would need to replace about 50-75% of Beth's development studio biggrin.png

All lever action variant [Reload] - They are just reload animations, If you only Use 1 ammo then Reload("R") you will load all 5 bullets before you can shoot again, you literally need to complete the animation before the 1 ammo gets added to your weapon. HOLY SHIT REALLY BETH!?!?!?!? how come obsidian made lever actions possible on your own game engine in fallout new vegas.

Yeah, that is gonna be increasing annoying. Even more so if you are in a fight and can't afford to wait to reload an entire clip of ammo.

Harpoons - OH Hi! there! changed projectile Broadsider, Was expecting something with a rope then can pull someone or hold someone in place. But nope, JUST A RECHANGED PROJECTILE BROADSIDER THAT PINS THINGS.

Well it does hold them in place... tongue.png Would of been cool if you could pull things towards you. Like use it with power armour and you pull them and punch them in the face!

Caltrops - Drops multiple Rescaled Mines that had a model change to look like caltrops, slow explosion radius that has its explosion flag to set stagger by formula. To remove dropped unused caltrops you have to shoot it or melee or bash it, no way to pick it up. LITERALLY CANT PICK IT UP!

Well that's shit...Creation Kit could most likely fix that issue though.

BEAR TRAPS(THIS GOT ME PISSED DAMN IT!) - Basically Caltrops with just bigger radius that has an explosion flag to cripple by formula. Once it closes you can't rearm it, even with realistically you can rearm it with tools, or pick it up, ZERO CHANCE TO PICK IT UP Once its dropped even if its unused. The only way to destroy them is to shoot/bash/melee it it breaks with a nice havoked animation, as well as destroying the triggered trap has nice havoked animation. BUT GAWD DAMN IT you cant reuse traps, they are hard to make not just steel.

Could most likely fix with Creation Kit. Didn't New Vegas allow you to recover traps you set or disarmed?

There are lots more i found ill update it once i get home, typing this at work.

Give your 2 cents about the DLC.

Thank you

My 2 cents? Don't have it, been waiting to get it tongue.png *wink* *wink*

Edit: 16-05-2016. 8:09pm - Still waiting to hear about the rest of the dumbed down content.

I thought we already had a Far Habour whine thread.............

We kinda do, but its about the release trailer...

This is far harbor whine thread of the game itself, not the trailer.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH, Vicious WOLVES! Are you fuckin kidding me beth!? They use the same model from skyrim just retextured to look more like they survived the nuclear holocaust. 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH, Vicious WOLVES! Are you fuckin kidding me beth!? They use the same model from skyrim just retextured to look more like they survived the nuclear holocaust.

Well that does make sense. They don't have to waste money on creating new assets when they already have a proven working model and animations for them.

Though I find it a bit odd they survived the nuking.

Language young lady :P

Well that just proves it then

We lazy modders need to just port over Skyrim Immersive Creatures then.

Yup, not even with new textures just plop Vampires, Trolls, and Dragons right in.

It'll be ok....We get to shoot stuff with Dildo guns that penetrate stuff.

On a serious note though.

I haven't played it yet and well cant really give you 2 cents cause there's no coin slot on my machine.

Well that does make sense. They don't have to waste money on creating new assets when they already have a proven working model and animations for them.

Though I find it a bit odd they survived the nuking.

Language young lady :P

LOL, when did language matter in LL :P

Also, yep inspected the model through nifskope. Its exactly the wolf from skyrim although poly count has been increased and smoothened a bit, but kinda sucky new textures looks flat like dogmeat's texture.

Well that just proves it then

We lazy modders need to just port over Skyrim Immersive Creatures then.

Yup, not even with new textures just plop Vampires, Trolls, and Dragons right in.

It'll be ok....We get to shoot stuff with Dildo guns that penetrate stuff.

On a serious note though.

I haven't played it yet and well cant really give you 2 cents cause there's no coin slot on my machine.

Yep It seems like they used a porting tool and just changed the animations to use the dog anims, they hold enemies and you as well if you are in third person, another dumbed down content, if you are in first person the wolves doesn't hold you down. Yep direct port is possible without ever changing the texture of the skyrim ones.

*Sarcastic*

Fucking love this choice.

Indeed.

New discovery, Harpoon upgrade, changes the ammo type to behave like missile launcher with velocity, Arc projectile launch stronger damage shorter range.

Fog Ghouls are feral ghouls that emit fog, and the rare variants use somekind of stealth boy with just changed effects to mists.

Fog Crawler, 2000000 HP crawlers (Tall metalic mirelurk hunters)

SPOILER* DO NOT READ* IF YOU DONT WANT TO GET SPOILED*

This one is epic about the DLC, A big ass Truck targetable in vats that has an HP but no name. Once I shot at the truck the vats changed name to Giant Hermit Crab. Turns out the crab uses the truck as its shell now. New behemoth type monster stronger than queen and behemoth, its literally a hermit grab using a truck as its shell that release TONS AND TONS OF hermit crab babies from the truck, and the giant attacks causes massive earth quakes, blowing up the truck is hard compared to shooting the shells, but there is something on the truck if you destroy it rather than kill the crab.

ALSO ALSO, HI DEATHCLAWS THAT BORROW ON THE GROUND AND LEAVE SPIKES BEHIND! like sandking from dota.

Fucking up so many things is something I just can't understand with the budget and (mostly wasted) talent they have. Especially incremental reloads eg. pump shotguns/lever guns. Doom sourceports can handle it, FONV could handle it, just screams laziness on Beth's part.

Pretty much the only reason I even have an interest in beth games now is cause of the content LL and others develop for it.

Fucking up so many things is something I just can't understand with the budget and (mostly wasted) talent they have. Especially incremental reloads eg. pump shotguns/lever guns. Doom sourceports can handle it, FONV could handle it, just screams laziness on Beth's part.

Pretty much the only reason I even have an interest in beth games now is cause of the content LL and others develop for it.

Glad someone uploaded a supershotgun port of sawn off where you can fire both barrels or single barrel. Sucks beacause obsidian was able to add incremental reloads to beths engine. And bethesda didn't even bother.

Huh, carcrabs were a concept monster for Wasteland 2, didn't make it, though.

But 25€? So it is as big as Shivering Isles (or alternatively) what are they smoking, and where can i get some? Which ever you prefer :P

LOL, when did language matter in LL tongue.png

Also, yep inspected the model through nifskope. Its exactly the wolf from skyrim although poly count has been increased and smoothened a bit, but kinda sucky new textures looks flat like dogmeat's texture.

It matters to me! XD Your meant to be a young lady not a rebellious teenager tongue.png Jokes! 

Yep It seems like they used a porting tool and just changed the animations to use the dog anims, they hold enemies and you as well if you are in third person, another dumbed down content, if you are in first person the wolves doesn't hold you down. Yep direct port is possible without ever changing the texture of the skyrim ones.

First person animations can be a bit of a pain, but yeah would be nice if it worked in 1st person as well. Of course direct port is possible its the same engine for both Skyrim and Fallout tongue.png

New discovery, Harpoon upgrade, changes the ammo type to behave like missile launcher with velocity, Arc projectile launch stronger damage shorter range.

Fog Ghouls are feral ghouls that emit fog, and the rare variants use somekind of stealth boy with just changed effects to mists.

Fog Crawler, 2000000 HP crawlers (Tall metalic mirelurk hunters)

SPOILER* DO NOT READ* IF YOU DONT WANT TO GET SPOILED*

This one is epic about the DLC, A big ass Truck targetable in vats that has an HP but no name. Once I shot at the truck the vats changed name to Giant Hermit Crab. Turns out the crab uses the truck as its shell now. New behemoth type monster stronger than queen and behemoth, its literally a hermit grab using a truck as its shell that release TONS AND TONS OF hermit crab babies from the truck, and the giant attacks causes massive earth quakes, blowing up the truck is hard compared to shooting the shells, but there is something on the truck if you destroy it rather than kill the crab.

ALSO ALSO, HI DEATHCLAWS THAT BORROW ON THE GROUND AND LEAVE SPIKES BEHIND! like sandking from dota.

Stop teasing and give me the update already XD Your so mean!

The DLC is epic, the story and the RPG elements are back, I just didn't like how a lot of things were dumbed down, you'll get it once you made progress.

Also its a lot bigger than shivering isles, its also a lot LONGER! 24 hours straight holy fuck the unique side quests and unique main quests meaning non repeatable and not identical quests still keep on coming and are interesting. Yep CarCrabs too :)

Yep rant thread , you do know you can just pass by and don't read it if you just gonna cry. :D

The DLC is epic, the story and the RPG elements are back, I just didn't like how a lot of things were dumbed down, you'll get it once you made progress.

You have to have the DLC first :D

Also its a lot bigger than shivering isles, its also a lot LONGER! 24 hours straight holy fuck the unique side quests and unique main quests meaning non repeatable and not identical quests still keep on coming and are interesting. Yep CarCrabs too :)

Crabs....hehehe XD

Yep rant thread , you do know you can just pass by and don't read it if you just gonna cry. :D

But I need tears for me tear cup XD

Archived