what the hell did bethesda do this time?

so they released fallout 4 1.5 update thingy... what the hell did they do to the mods? why bethesda? why? this is pc you could have just released this on console not make it harder for us pc users. . . oh wait sorry we are talking about bethesda. 

anyway. why do i need to enable all of my mods every fucking time i start the game OR manually go and make plugins.txt read only to not have it messed up? seriously. and why do i need to log in to your services as well to use mods at all? what were you guys thinking. have you not learned so far how modding on pc works and how it shouldnt be done like this by some weird software ingame that messes with actually functional software outside the game?

anyone here please tell me there is way to bypass this thing by modifying the game? i heard someone managed to get achievements back to modded game so this shouldnt be too hard right?

The latest version of nmm fixes this problem -.-

Maybe so, but Nexus Mod Manager isn't exactly great either. Well, actually, so far it's the one that works best for Fallout 4 mods. I am however expecting that to change, once Mod Organizer has gotten a few more updates.

Regardless, it shouldn't be necessary to have a third party manager to fix that.

why do people have so much trouble with this? when i installed the 1.5 update i put an  *  in front of each esp in plugins.txt set it read only and fired up the game (no logging into bethesda.net ) and my mods ALL work, WTF peeps how hard is that? if you don't use bethesda.net to get mods leave the mods button alone and manage your load order elsewhere, the built in tool will create problems later on just like steams auto update crap

note: to make it easier to get to i have the folder plugins.txt is in pinned to my task bar so i can go straight to it

also if you use a third party manager for modding it's a good idea to understand what it is doing incase it messes up on installing a mod (i'm lookin at you NMM) so you can fix it yourself

Bethesda has bungled their handling of FO4 since its development: world looks great but everything else was only given cursory work (dialogue, non-gamepad controls and key binding, story, etc.), the content so far is lackluster in terms of engaging stories, mod support took nearly six months and is still a mess, and there are still unanswered questions about whether or not they'll implement a pay-to-download system on Bethesda.net. Console users, AFAIK, still can't use mods so they're still waiting. Ironic, given how the game appeals more to console gamers in its control scheme and overall feel.

So no surprise that mod loading without a third-party program doesn't work. Every time they've released patches for previous games, the patch did more harm than good. Look at Skyrim! USLEEP is still being updated to fix everything Bethesda didn't bother to fix.

why do people have so much trouble with this? when i installed the 1.5 update i put an  *  in front of each esp in plugins.txt set it read only and fired up the game (no logging into bethesda.net ) and my mods ALL work, WTF peeps how hard is that? if you don't use bethesda.net to get mods leave the mods button alone and manage your load order elsewhere, the built in tool will create problems later on just like steams auto update crap

note: to make it easier to get to i have the folder plugins.txt is in pinned to my task bar so i can go straight to it

also if you use a third party manager for modding it's a good idea to understand what it is doing incase it messes up on installing a mod (i'm lookin at you NMM) so you can fix it yourself

even with the NMM update i always crash, i reverted to 1.4 update and this fixed my problem.

Archived