I'm currently using v13 with the dialogue mod you have posted in the OP. 

When I look at the papyrus log it seems rather huge O_O   I'm assuming it's definitely an error with conflict on my end, but here's the loedit: one sec, I'm going to try and scale everything back and test ccas again

Okay... but are you having any problems, or is it just a big log that's bothering you?

Sorry if you've already posted something, I can't remember off the top of my head. ;)

That was in reference to the Dialogues with Gaev in the Expectant Mother start missing. I am using V13, and I got the same problem. I had also assumed that it might have been SL Dialogues, but the problem occurs even without it.

None of the people in the starting camp have anything to say (which I don't know if it intentional or not), but the Midwife in Raven Rock works just fine.

When I look at the papyrus log it seems rather huge O_O   I'm assuming it's definitely an error with conflict on my end, but here's the loedit: one sec, I'm going to try and scale everything back and test ccas again

Okay... but are you having any problems, or is it just a big log that's bothering you?

Sorry if you've already posted something, I can't remember off the top of my head. ;)

That was in reference to the Dialogues with Gaev in the Expectant Mother start missing. I am using V13, and I got the same problem. I had also assumed that it might have been SL Dialogues, but the problem occurs even without it.

None of the people in the starting camp have anything to say (which I don't know if it intentional or not), but the Midwife in Raven Rock works just fine.

I think the Expectant Mother start has developed sentience and is out to get me. That scenario has so many problems... and yes, everyone in the camp should have dialogue.

I'll check again, it's possible I screwed up a condition again somewhere.

EDIT: Do me a favor... check the status of ccas_handler in the console? Use "sqv ccas_handler"

The current stage should be 140.

And also use "help ccas_bfstage" please... it should be at 0.

And a papyrus log is never a bad idea.  :)

EDIT: Whoops, looks like I set the wrong value. Try setting the bfstage global to 140 - "set ccas_bfstage to 140" and see?

I could swear I already fixed this, but I must have forgotten and just removed it from the list.  :-/

stage is 140, but bfstage is at 140.00.

attachicon.gifPapyrus.0.log

edit: after setting bfstage to 0, the dialogue appears. Thanks :)

My bad. The explanation for this is long, boring, and full of little stupidities on my part, so I'll omit it.  :P

For now, if anyone has already started a game and Gaev isn't talking, use this console command:

set ccas_bfstage to 0

And put this .pex file in your data/scripts directory, overwrite when it asks. This will fix the problem for anyone using that scenario in the future.

ccas_start_140.7z

Any other problems with dialogue in that whole quest *should* have been fixed, but if someone (for example, if Glover Mallory isn't talking), try setting the variable to these numbers:

0 = Initial dialogue you get before talking to Gaev the first time. Everyone in the camp should have some dialogue at this level, but I'd guess that most players won't see it, assuming that they immediately talk to Gaev when starting the game.

1 = After finishing talking to Gaev the first time. Everyone in the camp should have some other dialogue at this level.

2 = After talking to Gaev and Ra-shel but before talking to Glover. (nb: it is not required to talk to Ra-shel or Gaius before talking to Glover, you just get some extra help if you talk to them in the right order)

3 = After talking to Glover and getting the tools, before talking to Gaev for the second time.

999 = After talking to Gaev for the second time, after the cave-in in the mine.

Other numbers in the 140 range are holdovers. I think I've fixed them all.

EDIT: Found a typo in Gaev's dialogue too.  :D

I would like to start with heroine in distress via CCAS but it won't work. Tried to clean the save game but without success. Other alternative starts works fine.

If I select "I am a heroine in distress" at the statue of Dibella and go to bed, there is just the known bug that the screen fade to black. Then I see the bed again and have finished the quest of heroine in distress (get the message that I escaped the caves).

If I leave the "prison" and try to talk to the guy on the street he has no option for his quest.

You're not the only one having trouble with this.

This particular scenario works by force-setting the "hidspiderquest" stage to 61, which is supposed to skip the part where you drink the knockout potion.

Since users are having problems, I'll try to implement a fix in the next version. I might just force the player to drink the knockout potion instead... I'll see.

In the meantime, try using "setstage hidspiderquest 61" in the console and see if that fixes it.

Thanks, worked for me. But a fix for that would be nice :)

Btw I'm in translation for your mod in German ;)

I would like to start with heroine in distress via CCAS but it won't work. Tried to clean the save game but without success. Other alternative starts works fine.

If I select "I am a heroine in distress" at the statue of Dibella and go to bed, there is just the known bug that the screen fade to black. Then I see the bed again and have finished the quest of heroine in distress (get the message that I escaped the caves).

If I leave the "prison" and try to talk to the guy on the street he has no option for his quest.

You're not the only one having trouble with this.

This particular scenario works by force-setting the "hidspiderquest" stage to 61, which is supposed to skip the part where you drink the knockout potion.

Since users are having problems, I'll try to implement a fix in the next version. I might just force the player to drink the knockout potion instead... I'll see.

In the meantime, try using "setstage hidspiderquest 61" in the console and see if that fixes it.

Thanks, worked for me. But a fix for that would be nice :)

Btw I'm in translation for your mod in German ;)

I'll see what I can do about a fix. I want to check why stage 61 isn't working properly when called by CCAS first.

And when you make your translation, can you post it here, or at least a link? I'll put a link in the OP. :)

I'll see what I can do about a fix. I want to check why stage 61 isn't working properly when called by CCAS first.

And when you make your translation, can you post it here, or at least a link? I'll put a link in the OP. :)

Check

Will give you feedback asap :)

Yea just another thought maybe the starting area could be in the following mod: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50939/? or maybe your character could be in a cave and find the black book leading to the home and then up comes a lurker xD. Also  your character could start with this armor set: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/58062/? would be cool!

No, unfortunately, because that would require adding them (at least the house mod, and I don't want to bother trying to untangle the permissions on the armor) as dependencies. I'll try to make a decent location, but if you look at some of my other stuff I'm fair to middling - no promises. :)

Ahh yea that makes sense, thanks for replying though!

So, finally tried this out for the first time.  I like how it fleshes out some of the less-fleshed out story-telling in the original Live Another Life.  It's good even if all you use are the mod's organic starts.

Are there are going to be any additional start points, maybe for Vigilant, Silver Swords, etc?

So, finally tried this out for the first time.  I like how it fleshes out some of the less-fleshed out story-telling in the original Live Another Life.  It's good even if all you use are the mod's organic starts.

Are there are going to be any additional start points, maybe for Vigilant, Silver Swords, etc?

There are going to be a few more scenarios, yes. I hadn't thought of the Vigilants, though... maybe something like you're a vampire captured by the Vigilants for "experimentation" purposes? Silver Hand same thing.

There are going to be a few more scenarios, yes. I hadn't thought of the Vigilants, though... maybe something like you're a vampire captured by the Vigilants for "experimentation" purposes? Silver Hand same thing.

As there already are a couple "start as vigilant" starts, a "captured by" start would make sense. Could have a werewolf, vampire, "witch" daedra worshipper start.. might not need to be different more than a journal entry and an initial dialog line.

Silver Hand... tends to straight out kill werewolk though... unless you had a really kinky sub-sect.

As there already are a couple "start as vigilant" starts, a "captured by" start would make sense. Could have a werewolf, vampire, "witch" daedra worshipper start.. might not need to be different more than a journal entry and an initial dialog line.

Silver Hand... tends to straight out kill werewolk though... unless you had a really kinky sub-sect.

There are a couple (one at least IIRC) of live werewolves held prisoner in Gallows Rock. I figure they're either there for sport or experimentation.

Suggestion, slightly alternate of what I did before. Forced Wedding start basically. You wake up already in a wedding ceremony with a randomized female character. You are able to... "try" to refuse (and are simply knocked unconscious and the scene starts over) or you can obey/ accept, and become her love slave forever (also knocked unconscious and forced to her home / etc. And you cannot unlock the door to the outside unless you pickpocket the key, find the key or kill her and find/loot the key. It's randomly stored each time.) Custom races could be implemented, including succubi wives, etc. But that would be up to you. (IE: a whole sub-section for marriage situations, with random "Surprise me" as one too.)

For those of you who may be waiting for a mod update, it's probably going to be a while. I'm actually sitting on one right now, but I've decided to wait until Trapped In Rubber updates first to make use of that scenario (and a couple of other things related to TIR update :) ).

IIRC I said that once before, but I'm really serious now.  :P

Current changelog for 14:

• Enabled the Trapped In Rubber scenario
  • Fixed the Skooma Whore cleanup script from creating log spam around Mixwater Mill.
  • Set Anise's Cabin Cellar ownership to NONE, so players using the Witch scenario can loot without it being illegal.
  • Fixed a bug where the quest would not complete properly in the Soulgem Incubator scenario.
  • Cleaned up .esp of unused items, spells, packages, globals, NPCs, etc. Users probably won't notice any difference, but it makes me feel better. :)
  • Updated Parasites volume 1 with new parasite
  • Added a small item to the Inn Prostitute scenarios
  • Fixed a typo in one of the Inn Prostitute scenarios
  • Deleted some unused meshes from the archive
  • Moved the "wrong way" trigger box in the Soulgem Incubator scenario closer to the starting area.
  • Added a patrol AI to the Dark Counselor so he wouldn't get too busy playing with alchemy to stop the player in the Soulgem Incubator scenario
  • Added a patrol AI to the Whiterun guard in the XPO scenario so he doesn't just sit in one place all day doing nothing.
  • Prevented Necromancers and some undead from being permanently friendly if taking the "bad" ending route in Soulgem Incubator.
  • Fixed yet another problem with Gaev not speaking to the player in the Expectant Mother scenario.
  • Fixed a typo in Gaev's dialogue.

Anyway, there's probably not going to be much development on this, or any, of my mods for a while now... what little free time I have just got cut down by roughly 1/3, and what's left I'm spending working on a new mod anyway.

The to-do list for CCAS continues to grow, and I will get around to adding in more scenarios eventually, but for now y'all might as well play the game and not worry about new scenarios coming out any time soon. :) I'll probably get back to working on CCAS in November or maybe late October depending on how things go.

Hi I have the latest install for everything cuss I accidentally broke my pic then fixed, now when I try to do the "I'm a chaurus breeder" under I've been enslaved. I spawn and one of 2 things happen, I get the pop up saying I've been touched by the falmer foul touch, I either CDT or I just get attacked, before my computer broke. I would do like I have been enslaved, but never become a slave. and I have BF, Soulgem Oven 3, SD+, and EC+ installed I can post my full mod list if need be.

Hi I have the latest install for everything cuss I accidentally broke my pic then fixed, now when I try to do the "I'm a chaurus breeder" under I've been enslaved. I spawn and one of 2 things happen, I get the pop up saying I've been touched by the falmer foul touch, I either CDT or I just get attacked, before my computer broke. I would do like I have been enslaved, but never become a slave. and I have BF, Soulgem Oven 3, SD+, and EC+ installed I can post my full mod list if need be.

A load order probably won't help in this case. Same goes for a papyrus log, because it's a crash, but it never hurts to append one anyway. :)

However, I believe this may be a Sexlab Stories issue or possibly an EC+ problem, depending on exactly where the crash occurs in the code. Not to say that CCAS is definitely not at fault, but all it does for these scenarios is call modevents provided by other mods.

tl,dr; Not a lot I can do about it. You can post your papyrus log and load order and that *might* help me or someone else track down your problem, but no guarantees.

A nice area for an AL "enslaved" start would be Faldar's Tooth. It has everything: bandits, fighting pits, wolves and cages.

One of the possibilities to implement:

You've been enslaved for quite a long time now and your masters grew bored of you. You're now sent to the fighting pit to face your opponent. Sadly for you, your opponent in the arena is one of the hungriest wolves. You sob as you enter the pit.

> Wolf decides to rape the player instead of eating. Because plot.

> Player black out

> Wake up in a waste pile outside of the walls, bruised and beaten.

And that's how the player starts his/her journey in skyrim.

A nice area for an AL "enslaved" start would be Faldar's Tooth. It has everything: bandits, fighting pits, wolves and cages.

One of the possibilities to implement:

You've been enslaved for quite a long time now and your masters grew bored of you. You're now sent to the fighting pit to face your opponent. Sadly for you, your opponent in the arena is one of the hungriest wolves. You sob as you enter the pit.

> Wolf decides to rape the player instead of eating. Because plot.

> Player black out

> Wake up in a waste pile outside of the walls, bruised and beaten.

And that's how the player starts his/her journey in skyrim.

It's a good start. I'll add it to the list.

Why is this an "enslaved" start though?

It's not really since you wake up somewhat free. It's a small story that put the player into the world, in essence the player shouldn't have a lot of interaction while in the castle. It is fitting, especially with the mod 'sex slaves for vanilla bandits'.

If you can think of another scenario, I'd gladly hear it.

Sorry for slow reply.  I am kind of a captured, naked escape kind of guy, so I was thinking along the lines of a Companion captured by Silverhand pre-lycanthropy.  Kind of similar scenario for Vigilants where they are captured by Daedra-worshipers (or someone else, seeing as the Vigilants seem to pick fights with everyone).

I really like the idea of a start where the Vigilants accuse and torture you Spanish Inquisition-style for being involved with the Daedra, regardless of weather or not it's true. And of course you can either sneak, fight or fuck your way out. Maybe help out another poor soul who's getting the comfy chair treatment as well, for extra gear or something.

It's not really since you wake up somewhat free. It's a small story that put the player into the world, in essence the player shouldn't have a lot of interaction while in the castle. It is fitting, especially with the mod 'sex slaves for vanilla bandits'.

If you can think of another scenario, I'd gladly hear it.

Sounds good.

Sorry for slow reply.  I am kind of a captured, naked escape kind of guy, so I was thinking along the lines of a Companion captured by Silverhand pre-lycanthropy.  Kind of similar scenario for Vigilants where they are captured by Daedra-worshipers (or someone else, seeing as the Vigilants seem to pick fights with everyone).

As someone mentioned there are some captured werewolves, so you could either have a werewolf in a cage start (moonrise, shift, break out)  scenario, or a "What if you failed at Dustman's Cairn style start, though possibly not that far into the quest.

I really like the idea of a start where the Vigilants accuse and torture you Spanish Inquisition-style for being involved with the Daedra, regardless of weather or not it's true. And of course you can either sneak, fight or fuck your way out. Maybe help out another poor soul who's getting the comfy chair treatment as well, for extra gear or something.

There's a slight problem I'm reaching now, unfortunately. Bear with me here, I'm kinda tired and might not be making full sense...

With so many scenarios, the number of quest "stages" in the quest handler is getting pretty high. This really doesn't happen in the vanilla game because even the most complex quest chains are broken up into several parts (i.e. the Main Quest is comprised of 17 quests, not just one), but I've been experiencing a noticeable slowdown when compiling the main script lately. Also, the slowdown when editing the main dialogue branch is getting bigger and bigger. I fear I'm going to reach the point soon where I either have to split this mod up into two parts or stop adding scenarios (not really, on either count).

This slowdown is a problem because some, like the "captured by vigilants" scenario(s), require lots of different stages. Or rather, they don't actually require it, but I feel like they should.

The problem is, each journal entry requires a unique quest stage. That's the way the engine is set up - journal entries are tied directly to stages, unlike objectives which are a separate list. That's why there are two Bandit Honeypot scenarios behind the scenes - one for males and one for females - because the journal entry differs between them. There are a whole bunch of Inn Prostitute scenarios, and thus quest stages, because each one requires a unique journal entry.

Now, I can consolidate things at this point only by forcing quest stages (that is, scenarios) to share journal entries. For example, with the "captured by vigilants" - I can have the Mara dialogue give options to begin as a werewolf, not a werewolf, vampire, not a vampire, succubus, not a succubus, and male/female variants of all those... with each one sharing the same journal entry, and thus the same quest stage, cutting down on compile time, complexity, and the potential for bugs.

However, I don't really want to make it easier on myself, and I just realized that that's probably the first time I've ever said anything like that.  :D I like the idea of customized journal entries.

LAL itself gets around this somewhat by having multiple quests, just like vanilla Skyrim does. This allows for unique journal entries, quick compile times, quick dialogue tree load/change times, and less confusion overall. It's all around a better way to do things. But I've got another problem, which is that I'd like everything to stay under the "I am a character in a dark tale" header. Which means I'm stuck doing it with just one quest.

I've been considering changing this, by doing it with multiple quests and thus multiple Mara dialogue options, but that would actually require rewriting quite a bit of stuff that's already been done, and I don't want to do that either.

Anyway, tl,dr:

• The way I'm doing things now is complex and slow.
  • I don't want to change how I'm doing things now, because I like how it turns out in the end better.
  • Adding in a whole bunch of scenario variants, as in the case of the excellent "captured by vigilants" ideas that everyone's had, or what I want to do with forced marriage (which is even worse), exacerbates the problem.
  • Changing to a new (i.e. better) system now is quite frankly not worth the bother.

Which means:

• will continue to add scenarios, no matter how big and unwieldy things get. This entire wall of text is basically me complaining about the way I've sort of shot myself in the foot. Pay me no mind.  :lol: