been trying this mod out and its awesome. I dunno if i ran into a bug or not but during the expectant mother quest i go to talk to the guy to get the mining equipment and the only option i have is to go get his pickaxe from the guy in the mine. after that nothing.

been trying this mod out and its awesome. I dunno if i ran into a bug or not but during the expectant mother quest i go to talk to the guy to get the mining equipment and the only option i have is to go get his pickaxe from the guy in the mine. after that nothing.

Hmm... I've looked at this a couple of times now, and I can't find any reason for him to not have the appropriate dialogue. And I've played through it on my end and it seems to work fine. I must be missing something - you're not the only one having problems.

In the console, use this command:

set ccas_bfstage to 143

Then head back up to the excavation site. This will fastforward the quest to the appropriate point.

Love this! Thanks so much for making it!

I did have the same problem with the 'expectant mother' start so I'll definitely try that fix.

Another oddity I'm not sure about:

The very first time I chose the 'captured by slavers' start it led directly into the Red Wave start. Every time I've restarted since, though, the captured by slavers start just dumps me outside of Windhelm after being freed. What has to happen for captured by salvers to begin the Red Wave scenario?

I did have the same problem with the 'expectant mother' start so I'll definitely try that fix.

The very first time I chose the 'captured by slavers' start it led directly into the Red Wave start. Every time I've restarted since, though, the captured by slavers start just dumps me outside of Windhelm after being freed. What has to happen for captured by salvers to begin the Red Wave scenario?

Glad you like it. Sorry about the Expectant Mother - I'll try to fix some of that in the next version. Assuming I can find the problem.  :-/

As for the captured by slavers scenario, that one sends you to Simple Slavery. I would guess the problem would be with your Simple Slavery settings - the result is random but only checked scenarios are allowed, so if you (for example) only have Red Wave checked, you might get that or you might get freed.

I'm not sure why it would be bypassing the auction and sending you directly to the end result, though. That doesn't sound right. A papyrus log might help?

Glad you like it. Sorry about the Expectant Mother - I'll try to fix some of that in the next version. Assuming I can find the problem.  :-/

As for the captured by slavers scenario, that one sends you to Simple Slavery. I would guess the problem would be with your Simple Slavery settings - the result is random but only checked scenarios are allowed, so if you (for example) only have Red Wave checked, you might get that or you might get freed.

I'm not sure why it would be bypassing the auction and sending you directly to the end result, though. That doesn't sound right. A papyrus log might help?

You were right about the SS start. I reinstalled all required mods, and after restarting my game again and re-checking the Red Wave scenario in the SS settings, it's all working as expected. :) Thanks!

Checked you mod precisly and now i can say that i love it. It is very good to debug different stuff.

When is eta for things in the dark and from the deeps? This is are so lovely quests.

Another question i tried brood maiden ec+ and found it is too easy to escape to skyrim is this normal? I thought there will guards and the entrence but i just walk way easily near many very deadly creatures chaurus, spiders, falmers.

Checked you mod precisly and now i can say that i love it. It is very good to debug different stuff.

When is eta for things in the dark and from the deeps? This is are so lovely quests.

Another question i tried brood maiden ec+ and found it is too easy to escape to skyrim is this normal? I thought there will guards and the entrence but i just walk way easily near many very deadly creatures chaurus, spiders, falmers.

I will be adding more quests and difficulty to the Brood Mother scenario... that one is in my camp.

For now, the starting point is functional but very limited.

I will be adding more quests and difficulty to the Brood Mother scenario... that one is in my camp.

For now, the starting point is functional but very limited.

So you did this quest by yourself? I thought it is ec+ content. I can't get thing about quest Broodmayden of chaurus. What i need to do there? Is there some progression of quest or what? Girl telling me that her children will decide and nothing happens. What i miss? I had plugin aroused creatures and chauruses fucked me few times.

P.S I see that i have vaginal parasite from sd+ i think, can be this a problem? I found chaurus pregnacy, but have no luck about pregnacy. Maybe i don't know something about ec+? How i can get pregnant from chaurus?

P.S2 I read more crafully about this all stuff. I have no more questions about this quest now. But wonder if it is normal that chaurus spit on that woman at the start and eggs are going in different directions... After that she for some time running in different directions and take out her knife... It is looking so strange. And i wonder how you increased her belly. I tried inflation framework now and looks like it have some troubles with her. I see that she is using some strange mesh, she have big muscles, not like my character use. Her belly start looking weird after some time, maybe because fill her up.

I've always been a weird girl. I love the idea of being a Necromancers Pet. Killed somewhere, by someone and revived to be a servant.

My only problem.. as with every Alternate Starting mod.. Is it's always just 'run to a knife and then kill stuff'.

I've considered Skyrim Bound to help where the necromancer (not your mod, just an RP idea) keeps you bound. Therefore forcing you to seek escape from the bounds just to even begin.

Any ideas as to good mods to use in line with alternate starting?

I do really like this mod.

Just read your spoilers in the main page:

* Okay, so maybe I don't know how to do modevents after all. :(

Ask me for help I use them a lot. The main problem you have to know is that the RegisterForModEvents is lost at every game reload. So be sure you have a "OnPlayerLoad" on an Alias attached to the player that recall the scripts that to the registration again.

* Getformfromfile is my new best friend.
It is a really nice guy, But be sure to call it after getModByName()

* Instead of using game.getplayer() calls, I used a property pointing at the player. So instead of game.getplayer().additem(item, #) it's playerref.additem(item, #). 
Yes that is faster, way faster. But use it only when you need to compare the player many times. If you need to use it just once, it does not really matter. If you need to use it in a script, then just forget about it and use a property. (Better performance, define an Actor variable, get it for the Property, and use the variable.)

* I use several getmodbyname() calls to determine whether the soft requirements are present, but there's no real way around that.
And this is the way to do it. To keep soft mod compatibility without devastating the papyrus log.

Congrats (again) for your mod.

I've always been a weird girl. I love the idea of being a Necromancers Pet. Killed somewhere, by someone and revived to be a servant.

My only problem.. as with every Alternate Starting mod.. Is it's always just 'run to a knife and then kill stuff'.

I've considered Skyrim Bound to help where the necromancer (not your mod, just an RP idea) keeps you bound. Therefore forcing you to seek escape from the bounds just to even begin.

Glad you like it!

You should know that some of the Stories starts are basically just penciled in at this point. Stories is a work in progress, and over the course of the coming months and years (not to make promises on skyrimll's behalf) you can expect them to be fleshed out more - the Necromancers Pet, among others, will be enhanced eventually.

Other than that, pretty much any of the realism mods might be up your alley. Frostfall, for example, can add difficulty to the game without just increasing enemy hitpoints. Mods like Nord Needs (or any other need mod) can force you to engage in careful planning - grabbing a weapon and killing your master just won't do if your master is the only one keeping you fed and clothed.

Hope some of that helps...

Just read your spoilers in the main page:

* Okay, so maybe I don't know how to do modevents after all. :(

Ask me for help I use them a lot. The main problem you have to know is that the RegisterForModEvents is lost at every game reload. So be sure you have a "OnPlayerLoad" on an Alias attached to the player that recall the scripts that to the registration again.

You said the dreaded word - "Alias" - and just turned me right off. :)

Seriously though, it's not much of a problem - it was just one thing, and the problem was that I had forgotten to set a reference properly. I should update the OP. ;)

* Getformfromfile is my new best friend.
It is a really nice guy, But be sure to call it after getModByName()
Yep.

* Instead of using game.getplayer() calls, I used a property pointing at the player. So instead of game.getplayer().additem(item, #) it's playerref.additem(item, #). 
Yes that is faster, way faster. But use it only when you need to compare the player many times. If you need to use it just once, it does not really matter. If you need to use it in a script, then just forget about it and use a property. (Better performance, define an Actor variable, get it for the Property, and use the variable.)
I didn't actually count the number of times I used it, but I'd guess about a thousand? Lemme check... 1,328 times as of the most recent version. In one script. So the player property is better.

* I use several getmodbyname() calls to determine whether the soft requirements are present, but there's no real way around that.
And this is the way to do it. To keep soft mod compatibility without devastating the papyrus log.
I do worry about script load though - especially since all of those getmodbyname() calls happen when starting the game. I can't guarantee that players will give their games time to settle down and run all of the scripts before talking to the Mara statue, and on some slower processors adding in a whole bunch of functions that iterate through a potentially large linked list at the same time bothers me.
I might be worried over nothing, but I figured I might as well add in a warning on the OP.

Congrats (again) for your mod. Thanks!

...sniiiiiiiippppp....

About the things you do to check if a mod is there or not, you have to do it. Dot stop.

But you can check for a given mod just once.

And store the result in a bool variable, to avoid to ask it again (the result will NOT change in the same game save.)

Maximum, if you are in panic mode, you can add a visible message to say: OK, now you are good to go.

Debug.MessageBox("ContentConsumer AlternateStart\nYou are now good to go!")

for mod suggestions.... do you want to just start as a pet and have a harder time escaping, or do you want to be a pet a little while longer?

I don't remember which exact mod combo, but there was a Defeat / Death Alternative addon that enslaved you to a master and limited some of what you could do, pick up, etc.  I think there was a repeated rape option if you misbehaved a lot.

Might also look at PetCollar. It has an option to apply the collar effects to an npc or you and you could pick one of the necromancer / vampire starts, even with Bound, and make yourself a pet of the NPC that way. I think it is more designed to make you a pet of your follower though, so you can go out and about. Either a custom follower mod or something like EFF or AFT to make someone into a follower you could take out and around, and RP your own escape / (him) killed by hazard (that you don't warn of, setup, etc).  Might even make use of some reputation raising mod (SLEN, RP or TDFAP come to mind) and spend enough days in the company of master before being able to take the NPC on as a follower.

Then thoughts for a mod for a LAL alt start extension start tumbing out of my head... using the necro animations of FunnyBusiness SLAL pack, you could maybe make a mod where you're the dead version of skyrimLL's ELLE bot, and the necromancer has to sex your corpse every time you run out of energy and drop over, before you're raised enough to stay up. In between corpse-rapes you would have to perform various captured-slave-situation drudge work (cooking meals, cleaning up, distributing food to other captives, mining, wood chopping... my captured slave scenario memory fails). Eventually his thrall is strong enough to accompany him out on errands or strong enough to be sent out, loyal little enslaved pet she is.

Dunno if this has been brought up. BUT, when I choose the Cap. Dreams start. It goes to the shop and gives me the gear just fine but then my char last lays there and Herran stares at em. CCAS is last in load order. 

Ok I found something. I have ZAZ (Why wouldn't I) and setting the char to AI seems to get it going. So my guess is something somewhere is causing it so my PC doesn't go into AI mode and trigger the event.

After about 14 re-tries on being a Wolfs Bitch, I've given up. They tear me apart no matter what i do. I know you said they sometimes start hostile, but i can't get them to NOT be hostile.

I've had the same issues with this scenario.

Solved this by installing 'Untamed'

Use the Mating Call spell the moment they attack you, the wolfs will become friendly and you will end up as a 'true Wolfs Bitch' .

(As a bonus you will have one or two Ice Wolfs accompanying you)

Dunno if this has been brought up. BUT, when I choose the Cap. Dreams start. It goes to the shop and gives me the gear just fine but then my char last lays there and Herran stares at em. CCAS is last in load order. 

Ok I found something. I have ZAZ (Why wouldn't I) and setting the char to AI seems to get it going. So my guess is something somewhere is causing it so my PC doesn't go into AI mode and trigger the event.

That would be the cause, yep. My guess would be a delayed script from Captured Dreams. Not much you or Veladarius can do about that, sorry to say, if it is just a delayed script - Skyrim likes to do that sometimes. As long as things advance beyond that point, you should be fine.

After about 14 re-tries on being a Wolfs Bitch, I've given up. They tear me apart no matter what i do. I know you said they sometimes start hostile, but i can't get them to NOT be hostile.

That could be because of some NPC AI mods. Anything that modifies aggressiveness, factions, or AI in any way for those creatures might be the cause.

I know I said that I wanted to keep this mod's influence in the game minimal, but for the creature starts I might go ahead and make an exception. They're just too problematic for many people. I'll think about it...

I've had the same issues with this scenario.

Solved this by installing 'Untamed'

Use the Mating Call spell the moment they attack you, the wolfs will become friendly and you will end up as a 'true Wolfs Bitch' .

(As a bonus you will have one or two Ice Wolfs accompanying you)

I should put Untamed on the OP as a suggested mod for these scenarios.

It's kinda fun escaping from the Giants...

One thing I wouldn't mind seeing, is the Giant markers, the Grime tattoo the mod 'forces' onto you... it should be set to be un-removeable. I know SLUTS, the ponygirl cart pulling mod does that. Sure, you can just 'not' remove them.

But having them be locked onto you permanently would be kinda fun. You were sold, you belonged and now you're eternally marked. 

So far of the set, that's my current favorite. I can't attempt some of them.

It's kinda fun escaping from the Giants...

One thing I wouldn't mind seeing, is the Giant markers, the Grime tattoo the mod 'forces' onto you... it should be set to be un-removeable. I know SLUTS, the ponygirl cart pulling mod does that. Sure, you can just 'not' remove them.

But having them be locked onto you permanently would be kinda fun. You were sold, you belonged and now you're eternally marked. 

So far of the set, that's my current favorite. I can't attempt some of them.

Well, in the next version I changed the Giant thing with the tattoos around quite a bit. Now when you're marked with Grine Woad, you are considered property of the giants, and they will all be peaceful. Remove the tattoo, and they'll go back to normal. This should also (hopefully) solve a lot of problems with Giants being potentially hostile no matter what mods you have installed that change AI or factions.

I'd rather not make it unremovable, if for no other reason than I like to use lots of tattoos, and a full-body one kind of conflicts with the looks of using many others. :)

But I suppose I could do that. Maybe make it removable only by the wandering farmer with a cow? Or a court wizard? Or maybe even Ysolda... I'll think about it.

You should make one for a horse, where, like the dog start, you have to train the horses, That would be awesome

My original plan for the Markarth start was to use the horses. That turned out to be too much of a problem, with conflicting quests and conflicting mods too. But you're right, that's a good one... and something I've been meaning to do for a while.

I've sort of been holding off on that though, because I still plan to do a Ponygirl Farm mod some day, assuming some decent animations and cart pulling tricks can be pulled off. There was quite a lot of progress on that a while back, but it's still quite buggy and prone to problems. Or at least it was the last time I tried - I don't actually know if S.L.U.T.S. solved the problem or not. I should look into that.

A full Ponygirl farm quest mod would be awesome. I do love SLUTS.. but it has a few problems. My biggest is the randomlly locking CHEST that prevents you reclaiming your gear and therefore unable to finish the quests without using a Command.

To bad there's no Pony mask. Like there's rubber masks, gasmasks.. a pony-mask for cart pulling would be neat.

Hi all! Having a little trouble with starts and don;t know where to look/what to do to fix.

Issue the first: Despite having SexLab Stories installed, the Pregnant breeding slave from the Kin Family option doesn;t show up. My main fetish is impregnation, so I was looking forward to trying that out....

Issue the second: Tried out the Sexbot... but the moment I spawn in, I am basically killed by Falmer. Not sure if I messed something up or if it is intentional, but when I have my defeat mods up I'm automagically sent to obedience level 6. Reset, tried to equip things, sent back to falmer servitude. So I bit the bullet, god moded, kill commanded the falmer, then proceded to be very confused as to where I should go next.

JUGS is not installed, So I'm not sure what could be screwing things up mod-wise.

Hi all! Having a little trouble with starts and don;t know where to look/what to do to fix.

Issue the first: Despite having SexLab Stories installed, the Pregnant breeding slave from the Kin Family option doesn;t show up. My main fetish is impregnation, so I was looking forward to trying that out....

Issue the second: Tried out the Sexbot... but the moment I spawn in, I am basically killed by Falmer. Not sure if I messed something up or if it is intentional, but when I have my defeat mods up I'm automagically sent to obedience level 6. Reset, tried to equip things, sent back to falmer servitude. So I bit the bullet, god moded, kill commanded the falmer, then proceded to be very confused as to where I should go next.

JUGS is not installed, So I'm not sure what could be screwing things up mod-wise.

I can't remember off the top of my head whether I put the Kin Family option under the "Enslaved" header or not, but you could check there.

The Sexbot start is currently undergoing some updates. I believe the next version of Stories will fix that.