[Unity-3D , 3D-Adventure]Abandoned : A tale of forgotten lives (version 1.00 Final))

So I tried to run the game but it crashes after the Unity screen. Did I install it wrong, or is my computer really that bad?

There is a so called *output_log.txt*  in the AATOFL_Data folder. This file containes all the errors and warning which led to the crash you experienced.

Maybe you can find your answer in this file (or you could send it to me so i can have a look into this :)

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen on Kerny's patreon site that there is a new version 0.26 out :D sadyl so far only to patreons :(

I'm really looking forward to that version going public soon , or maybe I sign up with patreon .... kerny needs more time to work on this little gem ;)

cheers

https://www.patreon.com/Kerni

The version 0.26 was a cristmas gift to my patreon users , it was never intendet to be a public release (because i only added the hydroponic section and do not upgraded the free roaming mode)

But.. i have a traitor in my lines and suddenly version 0.26 was everywhere to download.. tz tz tz

I've seen on Kerny's patreon site that there is a new version 0.26 out :D sadyl so far only to patreons :(

I'm really looking forward to that version going public soon , or maybe I sign up with patreon .... kerny needs more time to work on this little gem ;)

cheers

The version 0.26 was a cristmas gift to my patreon users , it was never intendet to be a public release (because i only added the hydroponic section and do not upgraded the free roaming mode)

But.. i have a traitor in my lines and suddenly version 0.26 was everywhere to download.. tz tz tz

so I patiently wait for a offical public release, thx for clarification and all your efforts

btw: yes I have seen this version popping up on several "link sites" which always lead to the same bunch of infamous one click hosters (who will never get a penny from me) sad to see that people try to get benefits from other peoples work ... don't get frustrated ....  

cheers

so I patiently wait for a offical public release, thx for clarification and all your efforts

btw: yes I have seen this version popping up on several "link sites" which always lead to the same bunch of infamous one click hosters (who will never get a penny from me) sad to see that people try to get benefits from other peoples work ... don't get frustrated ....  

It is not really frust that is.. it is more like this :  v0.26 is a beta and there are things who do not belong into a public release like a unfinished free roaming mode and i also left some unused machines in the level (for the beta tester to see how bad my 3d modelling skills really are) and if the other ones see this they could get curious why there are stupid things just standing around. It just kills the story :(

It is not really frust that is.. it is more like this :  v0.26 is a beta and there are things who do not belong into a public release like a unfinished free roaming mode and i also left some unused machines in the level (for the beta tester to see how bad my 3d modelling skills really are) and if the other ones see this they could get curious why there are stupid things just standing around. It just kills the story :(

:D you are jokin' , I tried a lot of "sexually themed games" in the last month , most of them RPG maker games (some really nice), html games , quest games, phyton and so on but very little creators use something like unity and create something similar you did. it's really great and standing out of the masses for me also considering you are a one man show

keep up the great work!

Guest YoYoFuta

Downloaded the game a while ago and I would say I have made some decent progression in the story. And I have just noticed that you have updated the game with some new features. How do I check which update I am running? How do I update it to the most recent version? And if I do decide to update will it restart me all over or leave me where I left off with all the items and whatnot. 

Downloaded the game a while ago and I would say I have made some decent progression in the story. And I have just noticed that you have updated the game with some new features. How do I check which update I am running? How do I update it to the most recent version? And if I do decide to update will it restart me all over or leave me where I left off with all the items and whatnot. 

Hi there ,

Lets see... mh..

How do I check which update I am running?

I have usually written the game version in the main menu (lower left corner)

How do I update it to the most recent version?

The most recent patreon version (which leaked into the internet despite it is still a beta with bugs and.. stuff >_<) is v0.26
The last version i made public (also contains a ton of bugs.. sadly.. and is old) is v17_1
I hope i can make a real public version in the next month or so (i hope.. that.. depends on bugs.. and my bugspray supplier)

And if I do decide to update will it restart me all over or leave me where I left off with all the items and whatnot.

I usually leave a safegame that will start where the older versions ended. (please do not use old savegames since there are uhmm.. old.. with missing variables and stuff)

I hope this helped a bit :)

an idea is they get stuck in a machine that they both get to control and gives them a lot of pleasure

Good idea. A machine that (a at best a double mechanical horse) where one has the control for the other.

But unfortunately i still have to impllement other things before i can Design and implement this one.

I still need to implement the extract all text function , restrain device events , parasite suit generic events and implementation and..and.. and..

>_<

so an simple UV lamp can do it in closed aera.

the main probleme actually for plant is oxygen, as they produce lots on day, they still eat 2 or 3X more oxygen on night. but actually, and full autonom station can do it.

Actually, it is a direct 1:1 ratio...

Day: Consume H2O and CO2 - Release O2 (used to make C6H12O6 - sugar)

Night: Release CO2 and H2O - Consume O2 (byproduct of consumed sugar)

They release TONS of CO2 at night, and consume tons in the day... This is what "wakes us up" and "makes us tired"... That is also why bio-domes all fail... They have no opposing cycles. (They are always ON or ON then OFF... Our world is 50% ON and 50% OFF at the same time.)

P.S. Sleeping in a bio-dome will kill you! The CO2 levels get so high, that they will displace ALL available oxygen at "bed level". Worked at a tree/plant nursery. We pump CO2 (propane exhaust) into the rooms for 24/7 growing in full light.

Could be an element of your game... Two hydroponics chambers... One day, one night... Can only do one at a time.

Also taking note... "Mushrooms" (mycelium), is a natural water-filter. Green plants are water contaminators. Mushrooms digest toxic metals, toxic compounds and oils, turning them into harmless individual minerals. Plants do the opposite... Creating collections of toxic metals, adding toxic compounds and oils to the grounds. (Thus, rotation-crops and "peanuts", which harvest toxins and deliver them to people to consume.)

Great game! Don't stop working on it...

Flesh it out, and setup for a kick-ass follow-up version. With all the bugs hammered-out here first.

Found a couple of annoying things, while playing...

First time AIME had to follow me... I walked into the bathroom... Mistake... she trapped me in there. I couldn't get around her and she would not move, like expected of a "follower" character to do.

- Solution: Remove or limit collision perimeter to be less than what it is at now. (Bodies should collide, not arms, against other players. In tight quarters, humans side-step around one another. We don't bump shoulders and say.. "Fuck, I'm stuck.. what-I-do-now!", or we back-out to someone pushing us out of the way. Or about face, to match their direction, and walk forward, which is out now, when following.)

or

- Fix the sizes of the rooms, so they fit a standard 3-foot width, at minimum, allowing two people to easily pass side-by-side.

or/and

- Make AI "back-out" (reverse the last traveled path), if "pushed back" by the "player", who should always have priority over walking. (The use of rolling-back on a path, is so that they do not walk into another blocking corner. If they walked in one way, they obviously can follow that same path, in reverse, to get out of your way.)

{NOTE: This happens in the office across from the elevator too... When one is standing, and blocking the office-area entrance, while the other is looking at items on the shelf. Creates an endless loop of "we can't move", and "you are stuck forever too".}

Next issue is not that bad...

Many items you can just walk right through, in many rooms. Some, you can't, but you should be able to pass through... (The device that is used to hold her hands and feet in the first "tests"... should be able to be walked through, but it is a solid invisible wall. The computers and shelves and lockers in those same rooms, you can walk right through.)

Some kind of "floating icon" or "glowing outline" or "humming" or "ding" sound, to indicate that something you can "FIND" is near... Would be great. It is not obvious that hitting "E" does anything, and can be used to search these seemingly random locations of unidentified items. (Took me forever to figure-out that "E" was even used in the game.)

Next bug...

Flying too far away from the asteroid door will warn you about going too far, and put you on the top of the ship, with "Gravity"... Thus, you can walk right off, and fall below the warning... Flying back up, to the door, warns you, before you get to the door, and places you back on the ship... repeat until we "figure-out" that we have to "Fly" first... (Just put us back flying, near the ship... There is no gravity.)

Next "annoyance"...

Have to click in the text-window to advance text... Please make it "click anywhere", especially when doing something, and the box pops-up, right in the way with "..." a useless popup window for saying "nothing". (Same when playing cards too.)

Card-games are waaay too long... Where did everyone get money all of a sudden?

Card-game is incorrect on many hands... I got beat by a pair of 5's when I had a pair of A's... A = 1 or 11 or 14, depending on the use, whichever is greater for that hand. Need to check hands for multiple "solutions", and take the one with the largest points. I also got beat with a pair of 7's, when I had "2,3,4,5,6", a straight beats a pair, by two ranks.

P.S. Poker is a complex and annoying element to add to any game. Try "Go-Fish" or "Memory" or "High-card / Low-card".

P.P.S. Sharing money is NOT done in poker, among players... ever... (Had no idea they were sharing, until I read that. Was going to write that they seemed to be pulling money out of their asses, randomly... Now I know where they are getting it.) The point of playing "hands", is every "individual" is playing whatever "bank" THEY have, individually. Also, strip poker has no money. It is playing for clothes and reveals. Kind of the point of playing it, is that no-one has money, and wants to see everyone "loose their shirt". Having money and stripping, is just playing poker, and actually losing your shirt... Which no-one does, in reality. You lose your car, your wife, your kids, your job, your money... But you always keep your shirt!

P.P.P.S. The reason poker is not good in a game, is because of the overly complex rules, and the fact that few people even know how to play it. Actually play it... Not just throw money at a screen and ask for more cards until they get two-pairs, and hope the logical-bluff lasts. (Poker can't truly be played on a computer. It is a bluffing game, and without human emotion, and actual bluffs... It is just a complicated lotto or tic-tac-toe game.)

P.P.P.P.S. Not being able to save in the middle of playing poker... The most annoying thing of all. What is so difficult about remembering 15 cards and everyone's money? I was almost late to work, because I didn't want to quit, being so far ahead, after so-many screwed-up wrong-reward hands... It was either stop, and lose all progress, having to do that long-ass game all over again... or win-big... (Luckily, I won big the next four hands. One, was clearly not even a winning hand. My "King", by itself, beat a pair of A's.)

HI there.. mh.. let me see...

Don't stop working on it...

Damn >_< ...and i already planned to leave just before finishing this game. so mean :D

Flesh it out, and setup for a kick-ass follow-up version. With all the bugs hammered-out here first.

Uff..ahm.. then i am better stop working on it ^_^

First time AIME had to follow me... I walked into the bathroom... Mistake... she trapped me in there. I couldn't get around her and she would not move, like expected of a "follower" character to do.

{NOTE: This happens in the office across from the elevator too... When one is standing, and blocking the office-area entrance, while the other is looking at items on the shelf. Creates an endless loop of "we can't move", and "you are stuck forever too".}

What  version did you played on ?

because in the release of v0.26 i attached a nav mesh obstacle to the player controler so you should be able to press all AI's away.(in v0.26)

Next issue is not that bad...

Many items you can just walk right through, in many rooms. Some, you can't, but you should be able to pass through... (The device that is used to hold her hands and feet in the first "tests"... should be able to be walked through, but it is a solid invisible wall. The computers and shelves and lockers in those same rooms, you can walk right through.)

You are right , i think i found the computer object who had no collusion box attached.(fixed in dev version)

Some kind of "floating icon" or "glowing outline" or "humming" or "ding" sound, to indicate that something you can "FIND" is near... Would be great. It is not obvious that hitting "E" does anything, and can be used to search these seemingly random locations of unidentified items. (Took me forever to figure-out that "E" was even used in the game.)

I already throught about some *effect* so you can see where you can find anything but.. it more looks like illusion game like this and i think the even triggers are big enough and if you search around the base you find all those things for sure. And i want it to be a little suprise =)

and for hitting e you can actually press F1 (or just open AATOFLkeyboard layout.png) and then...

DAZTechDemoKeyboard%20layout.png

G

Flying too far away from the asteroid door will warn you about going too far, and put you on the top of the ship, with "Gravity"... Thus, you can walk right off, and fall below the warning... Flying back up, to the door, warns you, before you get to the door, and places you back on the ship... repeat until we "figure-out" that we have to "Fly" first... (Just put us back flying, near the ship... There is no gravity.)

So many buuuugggssssss >_<
I should really stop developing xD

(I will have a look into this , this is a new bug for me O.o)

EDIT : was not able to re-do this error. I flew in every direction wuntil i hit the trigger than i warped back to the ship and the gravity was off so i could just fly away again.

G

Have to click in the text-window to advance text... Please make it "click anywhere", especially when doing something, and the box pops-up, right in the way with "..." a useless popup window for saying "nothing". (Same when playing cards too.)

Mh.. i implemented in v0.26 that you can advance with the spacebar (hope this helps)
The thing with click everywhere is kind of tricky to do since i use TEXTURE2D as buttons to display things you can use on screen and then you are not allowed to advance (besides the mentioned buttons)

G

Card-games are waaay too long... Where did everyone get money all of a sudden?

Card-game is incorrect on many hands... I got beat by a pair of 5's when I had a pair of A's... A = 1 or 11 or 14, depending on the use, whichever is greater for that hand. Need to check hands for multiple "solutions", and take the one with the largest points. I also got beat with a pair of 7's, when I had "2,3,4,5,6", a straight beats a pair, by two ranks.

Mh... a pair of 5's should not beat a pair of A's.. thats weird.. need to look into this too.
Kerny == hobby developer :)

G

P.S. Poker is a complex and annoying element to add to any game. Try "Go-Fish" or "Memory" or "High-card / Low-card".

Memory is a good idea :)
(if you do not want to play poker you can avoid it by not asking Vivian xD)

Great game! Don't stop working on it...

P.P.S. Sharing money is NOT done in poker, among players... ever... (Had no idea they were sharing, until I read that. Was going to write that they seemed to be pulling money out of their asses, randomly... Now I know where they are getting it.) The point of playing "hands", is every "individual" is playing whatever "bank" THEY have, individually. Also, strip poker has no money. It is playing for clothes and reveals. Kind of the point of playing it, is that no-one has money, and wants to see everyone "loose their shirt". Having money and stripping, is just playing poker, and actually losing your shirt... Which no-one does, in reality. You lose your car, your wife, your kids, your job, your money... But you always keep your shirt!

Escept in MY game that I created where I made the mistake of allowing Aemi and Vivian to share their money =P

G

P.P.P.S. The reason poker is not good in a game, is because of the overly complex rules, and the fact that few people even know how to play it. Actually play it... Not just throw money at a screen and ask for more cards until they get two-pairs, and hope the logical-bluff lasts. (Poker can't truly be played on a computer. It is a bluffing game, and without human emotion, and actual bluffs... It is just a complicated lotto or tic-tac-toe game.)

You can see the current cards of the girls with the allmighty minigame win shortcut... ctrl + w ^_^

G

P.P.P.P.S. Not being able to save in the middle of playing poker... The most annoying thing of all. What is so difficult about remembering 15 cards and everyone's money? I was almost late to work, because I didn't want to quit, being so far ahead, after so-many screwed-up wrong-reward hands... It was either stop, and lose all progress, having to do that long-ass game all over again... or win-big... (Luckily, I won big the next four hands. One, was clearly not even a winning hand. My "King", by itself, beat a pair of A's.)

Okay this is really a technical limit here , please understand that you NEVER can save in a VN event. And since the poker game is a example of a dynamic VN event you are in a VN event the whole time. And the thing with *remmebering everyones money and cards* is just the top of the ice hill you have to save , current postion , your decisions your made , the current index (dynamic) of the current VN event (dynamic) , the current animations used all the current function used.

just... a little technical limit for me now (maybe i can solve this later but.. uff >_<)

Hi Kerny,

First of all i'm glad to play your game, it is mostly refreshing for this kind of game and to see it continue is awsome ^_^

I must admit that i am on the patreons christmas version but well everything works well so far.

I have a few questions / suggestions / help

1) Your device idea are quite awesome but limited ... , once the story done you can't use the machine anymore, a repeat mode would be appreciate or at least i didn't find a way to re-use them

2) I tried the milking bench a few times and i can't achieved to use all the devices on the desk or pick them after

3) Are you interested for a french translation of the game ? 

4) The placement zone for machines in the hangar was an excellent idea , but since we have a lot of spaces in the base, perhaps you can use the labs to experiment ? , the maintenance zone for some kind of material device ? etc etc

5) 0.26 has a bug after end-game, if you says that you want to go to the hydroponic a second time the robots are back and you can't leave the test zone

6) poker loss, the milking bench for the savior ?

Mh.. lets see :)

Hi Kerny,

1) Your device idea are quite awesome but limited ... , once the story done you can't use the machine anymore, a repeat mode would be appreciate or at least i didn't find a way to re-use them

This point is on my *to do list* i know this is a big point.. and i know this is much work >_<

Hi Kerny,

2) I tried the milking bench a few times and i can't achieved to use all the devices on the desk or pick them after

This is what i am currently working on. In my dev version i just added the ring gag and the restrain machine (the machine used to restrain one girl while the other got milked)

Hi Kerny,

3) Are you interested for a french translation of the game ?

That's what i also currently working on , i want to program a function where you can extract all text to a file and also i am working on a c# program to read/edit/save this file savely so you can make a *spellcheck* or a *translation*

Hi Kerny,

4) The placement zone for machines in the hangar was an excellent idea , but since we have a lot of spaces in the base, perhaps you can use the labs to experiment ? , the maintenance zone for some kind of material device ? etc etc

Currently i want to keep the *placement zone* in the hangar bay because otherwise the girls would bne scattered across the whole base and it would be a pain to search them. (maybe i could create a *call girl* function xD)

Hi Kerny,

5) 0.26 has a bug after end-game, if you says that you want to go to the hydroponic a second time the robots are back and you can't leave the test zone

A second time ?
How did you get to the hydroponic deck  ?
Did you used the elevator or was the dialouge with Aemi about the hydroponic deck still avaliable ?

Hi Kerny,

6) poker loss, the milking bench for the savior ?

I don't know whatz you mean with this xD ???

Hi again ,

1) can't you just add a dialog box that call back the initial sequence ?

This isn't as easy as you may think because i would have to STOP the story sequence at one point. And in my mind it would be kind of boring to use the same stuff again.

my plan is to make all devices avaliable as a generic event in the free roaming mode , so you can just ask the girls to use them or the girl will use them on their own.

5) Aemi still has the dialog box available 

This is a bug.. bugs are evil.. bugs must perish!

BUUgggsssprayyyyyyyy.....

EDIT : found the error , i forgot to deactivate the event >_< (siolved in dev version)

6) When the guy  lost a poker game the punition would be to switch role on the milking device ? just an idea though ;p

You mean our poor Victor shall be milked ?

Hmm ok, i just found this game only now in 2017.

And it it is AMAZING! i love what little i saw of it! will this continue?
Seeing as the last update has been in August 2016.

Very cute and sexy charachters both of them, and lovely great fetishes, graphics aswell are just awesome, and what little of the story available aswell.

Very cute and sexy charachters both of them, and lovely great fetishes, graphics aswell are just awesome, and what little of the story available aswell.

Ahm.. the last *inoffical* version is 0.26 (just search via google =P)

But please keep in mind that this was a beta version my patreon user with BUGS included! (unfrtunately)

About poker, doesn't Ace count as both 1 and 14? I had 2, 3, 4, 5, A and lost when neither had even a single pair.

Mh.. i need to look how i implemented this one. But i think i did not take this into account. Currently (i think it is like this since i implemented this a long time ago) the ace only count as 14 not 1.

Ahm.. the last *inoffical* version is 0.26 (just search via google =P)

But please keep in mind that this was a beta version my patreon user with BUGS included! (unfrtunately)

Thank you, i found it in 2 part zip -_- would have prefered a torrent but hey.

But anyhow do you still work on this game?