[Unity-3D , 3D-Adventure]Abandoned : A tale of forgotten lives (version 1.00 Final))

i love the bondage ideas Kerni, it makes me shiver with anticipation, because in your game i see myself as aemi or vivian, not viktor lol

On a more technical level, I wanted to know : did you create the character designs and animations all by yourself, or do the Unity community provide some packages to use ? I ask that because I'm intrigued at the idea of creating my own stuff and game

i love the bondage ideas Kerni, it makes me shiver with anticipation, because in your game i see myself as aemi or vivian, not viktor lol

On a more technical level, I wanted to know : did you create the character designs and animations all by yourself, or do the Unity community provide some packages to use ? I ask that because I'm intrigued at the idea of creating my own stuff and game

The characters are from Daz 3d (genesis 2) and i just did some *calibrations* in case of looking and and bone weight and skinning and general bone positions.

The animations you see are all from me (except the walking / running animations and some fight anims)

The Visual novel framework(+ fight frame work) i use is entirely made by me (that's the reason  why it is so buggy xD)

I also used many many many 3d assets from the unity asset store for the environment.

Well.. and.. time... you need time , plenty of it ^_^

Hello Kerny,

first i would thank you for this game. I can't belive you did this alone, the game is fantastic. Especially how you "embedded" the adult content into the story. Maybe you want get a bit critical feedback too?

1. I do not like the user interface. The arrangement of dialog choices is not consequent. Also the text-area is to big and the text wrapping a little bit buggy.
  2. Maybe you could add auto-save as feature? Maybe when the player enters a new area?
  3. Somtimes, when the camera is zooming near a head, the head mesh is buggy and i only see teeths.
  4. Some posts back you asked if we would lilke an option to repeat some actions (like the "wooden" hoorse in the lab). Definitely YES! PLEASE!
  5. The left arm of the player character seems buggy sometimes (hard to discribe, maybe i will make a screenshot next time i see this)

And a question: Do you plan to implement some body-mod stuff? Just asking, ... :D

Anyway: this is the first adult game, for which I would pay some money when it's finished (i don't like to pay for unfinished games, which may never be finished)! I hope you will work hard on this! :) 

p.s. yeah, my english is bad, sorry

Hi ^_^

Hello Kerny,

1. I do not like the user interface. The arrangement of dialog choices is not consequent. Also the text-area is to big and the text wrapping a little bit buggy.

I suppose you mean the free roaming mode dialog choices ?

(Or what did you mean exactly ?)

I can shrink the size of the textbox but i need more input if this would be a good idea (a question to other users in thos forum)+

Mh.. maybe i can also make it dynamical sized... mh.. i have to think of that.

Hello Kerny,

1. Maybe you could add auto-save as feature? Maybe when the player enters a new area?

I can create a auto save position if you switch areas (for example from maintanice bay to hangar bay)

- added to *to do list* 

Hello Kerny,

1. Somtimes, when the camera is zooming near a head, the head mesh is buggy and i only see teeths.

Unfortunately this happens if you walk to close to Aemi or Vivian in free roaming mode. I can barely do something about it because it would cause Z-fighting (texture flikering)

I try to be very carefull when i create events where you can see her head closely.. but.. sometimes.. :(

Hello Kerny,

1. Some posts back you asked if we would lilke an option to repeat some actions (like the "wooden" hoorse in the lab). Definitely YES! PLEASE!

Wahh... so much work... >_<

Hello Kerny,

1. The left arm of the player character seems buggy sometimes (hard to discribe, maybe i will make a screenshot next time i see this)

This is a known issue and i *hope* i solved it in my dev version (it was an missing transform reference since i load all the weapons dynamically)

Hello Kerny,

And a question: Do you plan to implement some body-mod stuff? Just asking, ... :D

Unfortunately i am not able to do this in this game (okay.. it would take a massive amount of work to change it now to be honest)

But if i ever create a second game of this series i will try to implement it as best as i can..

Hello Kerny,

Anyway: this is the first adult game, for which I would pay some money when it's finished (i don't like to pay for unfinished games, which may never be finished)! 

Currently i do not plan to make it buyable.

I only have the patreon thing but i never charged anyone up to now since i am still working on the hydroponic deck update.

Hello Kerny,

I hope you will work hard on this! :) 

I do my best but it is still onyl a hobby for me :)

Hello Kerny,

p.s. yeah, my english is bad, sorry

Me too me too , my english very bad. All persons always talk about me terrible english ^_^

Hi again,

I can shrink the size of the textbox but i need more input if this would be a good idea (a question to other users in thos forum)+

i don't think that a dynamic sized textbox is a good idea. It will cause a textbox size hopping, that will be just annoying. Also that will give the user a restless feel. Shrinking the size should do it. The full space is never used.

I have attached some images. These will show how different the UI arrangement and look is. Maybe you can unify this a little bit?

Also i have a suggestion. A menu-hub. Like the TAB-Key in skyrim. It will open a menu where you can choose between help, questlog, inventory aso. This will be more intuitive for the player. Currently there are only special keys for these menues.

Besides the UI-topic, i found your questions in the read-me file:

- How does it perform in terms on FPS on your pc?

No problem here. I used maximum settings and can run the game with 60 fps+. My pc is using a Nvidia GTX670 and a Intel i7.

- The idea of the hacking game Good or bad ?

Its okay i gues, as long it is skipable. I don't like minigames when i must do them more than once, ... even in mass effect i hate this "unlock the door" game.

Maybe you have more questions? I know how important feedback is, so i will provide as much as i can :)

greetings!

p.s. there isn't any chance your native language is german?

post-45673-0-43268000-1474756353_thumb.png

post-45673-0-91214700-1474756365_thumb.png

post-45673-0-23279400-1474756379_thumb.png

post-45673-0-19895200-1474756394_thumb.png

post-45673-0-36899700-1474756405_thumb.png

Hi again,

i don't think that a dynamic sized textbox is a good idea. It will cause a textbox size hopping, that will be just annoying. Also that will give the user a restless feel. Shrinking the size should do it. The full space is never used.

Okay then i write this down on my *to do list* (make the textbox a bit smaller )

But i don't know when i have time to actually dop this (and to test it out)

Hi again,

- How does it perform in terms on FPS on your pc?

No problem here. I used maximum settings and can run the game with 60 fps+. My pc is using a Nvidia GTX670 and a Intel i7.

Mh.. and i thought this game is toooo much performance hungry.

Hi again,

Its okay i gues, as long it is skipable. I don't like minigames when i must do them more than once, ... even in mass effect i hate this "unlock the door" game.

I don't know how often i use those minigames  in the next decks but i think i keep it at a max rate of 1 game per deck.

Hi again,

p.s. there isn't any chance your native language is german?

Niemals... wie kommst du den auf sowas ?

Also wirklich.. sieht man doch das ich kein.. ach mist >_<

Sorry, but i will write this post in german. Much easer for me. It contains nothing important.

Also i have a suggestion. A menu-hub. Like the TAB-Key in skyrim. It will open a menu where you can choose between help, questlog, inventory aso. This will be more intuitive for the player. Currently there are only special keys for these menues.

Was ist mit dieser Idee? Mich würde interessieren wie sie dir gefällt. Gerade auch weil ich davon ausging das es nicht so schwer ist, ein paar Icons nach einem Tastendruck anzuzeigen, um dann das entsprechende Menü zu öffnen. Oder täusche ich mich da?

Und noch zwei Fragen aus Interesse:

1: Programmierst du in C#?

are you jusing C# for your game?

2: Wie hoch ist der eigentliche Programmier-Aufwand für dich bei dem Spiel? Also im Vergleich zum erstellen der Level, der Animationen etc.

How much time take the programming, compared to the creation of animations and the level design

EDIT: added (bad) english translation

Sorry, but i will write this post in german. Much easer for me. It contains nothing important.

Was ist mit dieser Idee? Mich würde interessieren wie sie dir gefällt. Gerade auch weil ich davon ausging das es nicht so schwer ist, ein paar Icons nach einem Tastendruck anzuzeigen, um dann das entsprechende Menü zu öffnen. Oder täusche ich mich da?

Entschuldige , die antwort dazu bin ich dir wirklich noch schuldig.

Die idee klingt im ersten moment gut aber ich hab einfach mal spiele standard auf mein spiel angewandt.

Was ich natürlich machen kann ist das ich extra buttons reinbauen kann die dann zu dem inventar und/oder zur dem questtext führen.

Esc - > einstellung und savegames

Tab -> inventar (system shock 2 läßt grüßen)

F1 -> Hilfe und Questtext

Wenn ich das so einführen möchte (als seperates menu) muss ich wieder ein neues menu basteln und das dauert zeit.. :(

The idea isn't that bad to begin with but i just used gaming standard keyboard key assignment.

What i could do is to implement further buttons ionto the ESC menu for inventroy and/or questlog.

ESC -> settings and savegames

Tab -> inventory (system shock 2)

F1 -> Help and questlog

If i want to implement a skyrim styled tab menu i would have to create a new menu and this will take time.

1: Programmierst du in C#?

Nein , nahezu alle meine scripte sind in unityscript geschrieben.

(Ja ja.. ich weis , bin noob und bleibe noob :D)

No , nearly all my scripts are wirtten in untiy script.

2: Wie hoch ist der eigentliche Programmier-Aufwand für dich bei dem Spiel? Also im Vergleich zum erstellen der Level, der Animationen etc.

uff .. Also ich würde schätzen es ist so 25 % vom ganzen. Kommt drauf an wie schwer es zu machen ist.

uff.. i would say it is about 25% off all the time i need to create this game.It mostly depends on *how complex* the script is

btw Lass uns mal bitte bei english bleiben , des is unfair wenn andere nicht mitlesen können.

Oder , du schreibelst mir eine PM. Das geht auch.

Sorry, you are right. I added a short translation to my last post, so the other users can read it.

How can i send you a private message, i can't find a button. Maybe you have configured that only friends can send you a private message?

Finally a question about the game itself: is there an indicator when i have done everything? I'm not sure if i have completed all the implemented stuff yet.

Sorry, you are right. I added a short translation to my last post, so the other users can read it.

How can i send you a private message, i can't find a button. Maybe you have configured that only friends can send you a private message?

Finally a question about the game itself: is there an indicator when i have done everything? I'm not sure if i have completed all the implemented stuff yet.

Not directly , storywise you can ask Aemi about the hydroponic deck and she will tell you that you her virus isn't ready yet.

But i did not (yet) included a screen to show all the *thing* which can be found.

(it's on my to do list =)

für eine neue PM mussu oben auf das briefsymbol gehen und dann *compose new* =)

(habs auch noch nicht gemacht um ehrlich zu sein, hab immer nur geantwortet bis jetzt)

is there a way to make vivian loose poker ? because Aemi takes all the risk, and looses before her each time

Mh.. not that i know off since *how much they risk* is a parameter which will be dynamically calculated

it depends on :

- how much money she has left

- How high is the current value in the pot

- What kind of cards she has in her hands (a good one(flush).. a bad one(only a pair)..)

+ a random number

and btw.. it would not make a difference since they are doing teamplay against the player xD

Maybe i could add the chastity bra and belt to the things she must wear when losing (something the player has to *buy* for her ^_^)

Hello,

I have a problem here. I use windows 10 and can't seem to get the game started (have the latest build), doesn't matter which resolution or graphic quality I chose I only get the unity 3d Text and after that nothing.

Do you have any idea what the problem could be?

Thanks for the help :)

Hello,

I have a problem here. I use windows 10 and can't seem to get the game started (have the latest build), doesn't matter which resolution or graphic quality I chose I only get the unity 3d Text and after that nothing.

Hello Raidenz,

i think you could provide more informations for kerny. What do you mean with "nothing"? Is the screen black? Can you see the logo like the game is freezed? Maybe you could try to start the application as admin?

Greetings :)

p.s. yeah sometimes the game starts slow, but not 10 minutes slow. For me its not more than 30 seconds.

Hello,

Hello ^_^

Please ,make sure you have a DX12 graphic card in your pc and avout 5 GB free RAM.

And mostly important !

There is a so called *Output.txt* in th DATA folder which will track all ingame and script outputs (mostly errors) if you have a look into this (or post it here) you can see what kind of error is preventing you from starting the game.

Hello,

Hello ^_^

Please ,make sure you have a DX12 graphic card in your pc and avout 5 GB free RAM.

And mostly important !

There is a so called *Output.txt* in th DATA folder which will track all ingame and script outputs (mostly errors) if you have a look into this (or post it here) you can see what kind of error is preventing you from starting the game.

Ok, it seems my PC is just not powerful enough^^'' But seriously that are AAA-Game requirements ^^ atm I only have 3 gb free ram (so while using a browser and I got battle.net open too)

Anyway here is the text from the Output_log.txt

GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1
Direct3D:
    Version:  Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.0]
    Renderer: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 (ID=0x13c0)
    Vendor:   NVIDIA
    VRAM:     4060 MB
Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly
Platform assembly: H:\GAMES\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading H:\GAMES\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: H:\GAMES\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading H:\GAMES\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: H:\GAMES\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading H:\GAMES\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: H:\GAMES\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL_Data\Managed\Assembly-UnityScript-firstpass.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading H:\GAMES\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL_Data\Managed\Assembly-UnityScript-firstpass.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: H:\GAMES\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL_Data\Managed\Assembly-UnityScript.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading H:\GAMES\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL_Data\Managed\Assembly-UnityScript.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: H:\GAMES\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.UI.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading H:\GAMES\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.UI.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: H:\GAMES\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.Networking.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading H:\GAMES\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.Networking.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: H:\GAMES\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL_Data\Managed\ch.sycoforge.Logging.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading H:\GAMES\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL_Data\Managed\ch.sycoforge.Logging.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: H:\GAMES\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL_Data\Managed\ch.sycoforge.Util.Attributes.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading H:\GAMES\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL_Data\Managed\ch.sycoforge.Util.Attributes.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: H:\GAMES\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL_Data\Managed\DecalSystem.Runtime.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading H:\GAMES\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL_Data\Managed\DecalSystem.Runtime.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: H:\GAMES\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL_Data\Managed\SSAA.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading H:\GAMES\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL_Data\Managed\SSAA.dll into Unity Child Domain
- Completed reload, in  0.041 seconds
Platform assembly: H:\GAMES\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL_Data\Managed\System.Core.dll (this message is harmless)
Platform assembly: H:\GAMES\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL_Data\Managed\System.dll (this message is harmless)
Platform assembly: H:\GAMES\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL_Data\Managed\UnityScript.Lang.dll (this message is harmless)
Platform assembly: H:\GAMES\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL_Data\Managed\Boo.Lang.dll (this message is harmless)
desktop: 1920x1080 60Hz; virtual: 1920x1080 at 0,0
<RI> Initializing input.

<RI> Input initialized.

<RI> Initialized touch support.

My graphic card should support directx 12 but it seems I only have 11 installed, can I simply replace it without encountering any errors (in any other games)?

Hello,

Hello ^_^

And mostly important !

Ok, it seems my PC is just not powerful enough^^'' But seriously that are AAA-Game requirements ^^ atm I only have 3 gb free ram (so while using a browser and I got battle.net open too)

Direct3D:
Platform assembly: H:\GAMES\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading H:\GAMES\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: H:\GAMES\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading H:\GAMES\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: H:\GAMES\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading H:\GAMES\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: H:\GAMES\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL_Data\Managed\Assembly-UnityScript-firstpass.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading H:\GAMES\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL_Data\Managed\Assembly-UnityScript-firstpass.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: H:\GAMES\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL_Data\Managed\Assembly-UnityScript.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading H:\GAMES\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL_Data\Managed\Assembly-UnityScript.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: H:\GAMES\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.UI.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading H:\GAMES\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.UI.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: H:\GAMES\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.Networking.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading H:\GAMES\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.Networking.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: H:\GAMES\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL_Data\Managed\ch.sycoforge.Logging.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading H:\GAMES\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL_Data\Managed\ch.sycoforge.Logging.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: H:\GAMES\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL_Data\Managed\ch.sycoforge.Util.Attributes.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading H:\GAMES\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL_Data\Managed\ch.sycoforge.Util.Attributes.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: H:\GAMES\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL_Data\Managed\DecalSystem.Runtime.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading H:\GAMES\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL_Data\Managed\DecalSystem.Runtime.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: H:\GAMES\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL_Data\Managed\SSAA.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading H:\GAMES\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL_Data\Managed\SSAA.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: H:\GAMES\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL_Data\Managed\System.Core.dll (this message is harmless)
Platform assembly: H:\GAMES\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL_Data\Managed\System.dll (this message is harmless)
Platform assembly: H:\GAMES\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL_Data\Managed\UnityScript.Lang.dll (this message is harmless)
Platform assembly: H:\GAMES\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL alpha 0.17_1\AATOFL_Data\Managed\Boo.Lang.dll (this message is harmless)
<RI> Initializing input.

<RI> Input initialized.

My graphic card should support directx 12 but it seems I only have 11 installed, can I simply replace it without encountering any errors (in any other games)?

DX 12 isn't  that much important (i only use the DX11 shader ) but the 3 GB ram is... a bit too less :/

BTW :  it seems that the output text is okay , i think it really has to do with your RAM.

Normal 8GB total is enough since windows is eating about 2 GB and 6gb are left for the game.

Hello,

Hello ^_^

And mostly important !

Direct3D:
<RI> Initializing input.

<RI> Input initialized.

DX 12 isn't  that much important (i only use the DX11 shader ) but the 3 GB ram is... a bit too less :/

BTW :  it seems that the output text is okay , i think it really has to do with your RAM.

Normal 8GB total is enough since windows is eating about 2 GB and 6gb are left for the game.

It's ok. I looked again when the browser is not running, then I have 6 GB free ram ^^ I will try it again with browser not running.

Hello,

Hello ^_^

And mostly important !

It's ok. I looked again when the browser is not running, then I have 6 GB free ram ^^ I will try it again with browser not running.

Please do this. And if it does not start again (After about 1 min wait) then please look again into the output file =)

You can also see in the task manager (ctrl+shift+esc) if the game is loading uop the assets (means the process will allocante much RAM ~ 5 GB)