April

Mondo80

Guest MonsterFish

That's not what I meant.

It's like when you see a certain terraria-like game where you get to go to outer space and other planets and see the release date as '2012/2013' and it's 2016 and you're looking at the Steam Greenlight warning and you're like '2012/2013 huh?'

That's not what I meant.

It's like when you see a certain terraria-like game where you get to go to outer space and other planets and see the release date as '2012/2013' and it's 2016 and you're looking at the Steam Greenlight warning and you're like '2012/2013 huh?'

you mean starbound, the game that has been out for ages?

Guest MonsterFish

That's not what I meant.

No I mean Starbound, the game that HASN'T been out for ages

4KnSe5.png

Says right there in the warning, the game is not complete. If a piece of work isn't complete, then how exactly does it stick to the 'release' date? That'd be like promising to give someone a painting, giving it to them half finished and then coming back to finish the painting through small updates every month until it's finally finished 3 years later.

But this digresses from the topic of conversation.

I think the creation kit should already be out by now, in fact I think they could release it now if they wanted to,

the reason they are holding off I think is because if the creation kit was available now no one would buy the first 2 dlc's because modders could make those dlc's with the ck.

Seems like it's taking ages to be released for that reason.

I think the creation kit should already be out by now, in fact I think they could release it now if they wanted to,

the reason they are holding off I think is because if the creation kit was available now no one would buy the first 2 dlc's because modders could make those dlc's with the ck.

Seems like it's taking ages to be released for that reason.

Maybe. But, why wouldn't they simply have announced a later date to start with?

Maybe they are responding to past complaints about the wonkiness of Skyrim's CreationKit and are taking the time to make this one more polished?

If I remember correctly they didn't say early 2016, they said Q1 2016. Some people consider April to be part of Q1, though if you don't it's still not that far from Q1. Not like I'm siding with Bethesda though, because it's really seeming like it's not going to be released because of the DLC

Guest MonsterFish

If I remember correctly they didn't say early 2016, they said Q1 2016. Some people consider April to be part of Q1, though if you don't it's still not that far from Q1. Not like I'm siding with Bethesda though, because it's really seeming like it's not going to be released because of the DLC

They said Early 2016

Also April isn't Q1. Q is a quarter, 1/4th of 12 is 3 so that's 3 months. January, February and March.

Also, so far as I can tell, they still haven't said it will be out in April.

I believe it was said that GECK will come out between the first and the second DLC, while the first DLC's release was announced on April and second's on May.

That's not what I meant.

No I mean Starbound, the game that HASN'T been out for ages

4KnSe5.png

Says right there in the warning, the game is not complete. If a piece of work isn't complete, then how exactly does it stick to the 'release' date? That'd be like promising to give someone a painting, giving it to them half finished and then coming back to finish the painting through small updates every month until it's finally finished 3 years later.

But this digresses from the topic of conversation.

Starbound had roadmap with 2013 release date, all features wee 80-90% done

Meanwhile terraria releases one update that greatly expands the end game , some time later terraria releases second update that greatly expands the end game

Guys behind terraria are announcing Terraria Otherworld, showing steady progress

meanwhile, roadmap for Starbound long since missing and they reworked combat for the third/fourth time? Guys behind starbound have no clear idea how they want this game to look. I won't mention how they insulted community and banned valid criticism early in the 2013-15

it's 2016, and I still feel buyers remorse

One month here or there does it really matter, GECK won't make magically Fallout 4 a better game in day 1

Just give them time, they need to hide all traces of the Skyrim resources in the Fallout4, it even uses flora meshes from the Skyrim and some HQ textures from the Skyrim work nicely in the Fallout4.

I believe it was said that GECK will come out between the first and the second DLC, while the first DLC's release was announced on April and second's on May.

Did they change the dates?

Since the first DLC was announced for this month. 2nd next month.. etc.

https://bethesda.net/#en/events/game/fallout-4-add-ons-automatron-wasteland-workshop-far-harbor-and-more/2016/02/16/77

Todd Howard said that mods for consoles would be available in that timeframe.

A lot of people have taken that to mean that the CK will also be available, as opposed to a bethesda.net upload portal for existing mods. However, that isn't what he said.

Of course, I'll be happy to be proved wrong :)

Did they change the dates?

Since the first DLC was announced for this month. 2nd next month.. etc.

https://bethesda.net/#en/events/game/fallout-4-add-ons-automatron-wasteland-workshop-far-harbor-and-more/2016/02/16/77

Yup, my bad, mixed up dates.

A lot of people have taken that to mean that the CK will also be available, as opposed to a bethesda.net upload portal for existing mods. However, that isn't what he said.

But that'd require a proper modding tool. I don't think they'd let TES5Edit-made mods go through just like that.

Also, makes no sense they'd call DLCs "mods" either, since those require no additional support otherwise.

But that'd require a proper modding tool. I don't think they'd let TES5Edit-made mods go through just like that.

Also, makes no sense they'd call DLCs "mods" either, since those require no additional support otherwise.

Well, most of the mods on Nexus at the moment are either texture replacers or models with some nif nodes tweaked. They're about as supported now as they'll ever be. If Beth wanted to hold back on the CK, they could just enable an upload gateway, make the mods available on consoles and say "Ta DA!"

I mean you're probably right. But I'm still not going to get excited until I'm swearing at the CK UI and moaning about the state of the documentation for this incarnation of Papyrus.

Archived