Fallout 4 vs Dragon Age 2 vs Dragon Age Inquisition vs Warlods of Draenor in term of story

Anbeegod

F4 vs DA2 vs DAI vs WoD  

46 members have voted

1. 1. F4 vs DA2 vs DAI vs WoD

• F4
    • DA2
    • DAI
    • WoD

I'd still choose F4 over DA2, DAI and WoD.

If F4's story is a failure, then DAI is a shame, while DA2 and WoD are jokes. Nothing besides Solas is actually worth noticing in DAI's story, and nothing besides nothing is worth noticing in DA2, whereas WoD's story is completely ridiculous from its mid-beginning til the end. At least F4 still has the synth/faction ethics debate worth thinking about.

A shame that a Fallout game's story is being compared to shits.

Missing DAO option, since DA2 can't hold a candle to that one.

Actually not sure whether I prefer DAO or DAI. DAO had more depth, DAI had more variety. By now, I played about as much FO4 as I played DAI, and lost interest to both. But I am looking forward to see the DLCs and GECK + mods the future brings for FO4. Heck, if it wasn't for mods, I wouldn't have bought FO4 at all.

Missing DAO option, since DA2 can't hold a candle to that one.

Actually not sure whether I prefer DAO or DAI. DAO had more depth, DAI had more variety. By now, I played about as much FO4 as I played DAI, and lost interest to both. But I am looking forward to see the DLCs and GECK + mods the future brings for FO4. Heck, if it wasn't for mods, I wouldn't have bought FO4 at all.

This is a battle between failures, which I don't believe DAO is one.

This is a battle between failures, which I don't believe DAO is one.

I'd still choose F4 over DA2, DAI and WoD.

If F4's story is a failure, then DAI is a shame, while DA2 and WoD are jokes. Nothing besides Solas is actually worth noticing in DAI's story, and nothing besides nothing is worth noticing in DA2, whereas WoD's story is completely ridiculous from its mid-beginning til the end. At least F4 still has the synth/faction ethics debate worth thinking about.

A shame that a Fallout game's story is being compared to shits.

I don't get this... Is it a poll on which games story is best or worst? That being said, I can't give a fair answer regarding all options, seeing as how I've only finished two of these games.

Lets see DA2 was a failure in ohh so many ways, DAI (bought the game installed it played and returned it) thats how bad I thought that one was. Really WoD a mmorpg? But yeah compared to all the above it actually have better story.....

Make a poll for F1 vs F2 vs Fallout brotherhood of steel vs Fallout 3 vs Fallout New Vegas vs Fallout 4.

Would look like this for story for me: FNV -> F2 -> F1 -> FBoS -> F4 -> F3

Lets see DA2 was a failure in ohh so many ways, DAI (bought the game installed it played and returned it) thats how bad I thought that one was. Really WoD a mmorpg? But yeah compared to all the above it actually have better story.....

Make a poll for F1 vs F2 vs Fallout brotherhood of steel vs Fallout 3 vs Fallout New Vegas vs Fallout 4.

Would look like this for story for me: FNV -> F2 -> F1 -> FBoS -> F4 -> F3

WoD has a better story? Of course, minus the Iron Horde is a joke antagonist from the beginning, Archimonde is killed by some mortals who don't even need any aid of some deities, Hellscream suddenly turns into the player's best friend, Yrel completely neglect the death of her people caused by the orcs, tons of foreshadowing abandoned, and so much lore eaten.

I rank WoD the lowest, you know, even lower than DA2. At least DA2 still has some sense in it, while the biggest failure of Warcraft (most rapid drop in active users throughout its history) doesn't even bother getting a logical story.

Dragon Age inquisition for sure. The last DLC alone has more story than the entirety of Fallout 4 alone. 

Also in DAI the story actually makes sense. 

I'm a huge lore hound, being fully versed in the lore of Dragon Age, Fallout and several others. Both the lore of DA and FO is vast and amazing, having played the games extensively, read almost every wiki page (I have too much time I know..), read the books/comics and all other material (if there is any). And DAI delves into that lore, there are just so many things to pick up on if you read the books and studied all other material, I love that about Bioware games. It also delves into the great mysteries fans of the series have been speculating about for a long time, like what happaned to the ancient elves? What happened to their gods? What happened to the magisters of old? And much more. And the game does it right, it gives us answers but does not reveal everything, making sure there are still plenty of mysteries to discover. 

Fallout 4 on the other hand only seems to scratch the surface of the Fallout lore. You have 4 factions you can join, and a large part of their campaign is the same with some minor differences. Each and every one of them have quite a shallow plot. No depth, mystery, intrigue or moral dilemma of any kind. Also it doesn't make sense to pick any faction besides the institute since you are basically forced in the role of a parent trying to save it's child (a big flaw in itself considering this is supposed to be an rpg) which you can only do by joining the institute. Oh sure Shaun dies anyways but you don't know that until you're already far into the institute questline. As for the side quests, there just aren't enough of them and are generally uninteresting. 

I'm not saying DAI is perfect, it has plenty of flaws. And Fallout 4 is a nice game. But when it comes to the story, and just the story, Dragon Age Inquisition definitely prevails imo. 

Dragon Age inquisition for sure. The last DLC alone has more story than the entirety of Fallout 4 alone. 

Also in DAI the story actually makes sense. 

The story of F4 isn't illogical either. The sense of a story is a very basic thing (which WoD fails to have).

It is logical to pick factions other than the Institute, because you may disagree with its ideal, can't accept having an old (and bad, depends on how you understand the whole subject) son, think ideology is more important than family etc.

What makes DAI's main story bad is the absence of freedom and character shaping that was done excellently in DAO. F4 has this problem as well.

Also, DAI's story is lackluster. Corypheus is simply a boring villain that is evil because he is evil, there is no reason to pity or agree with him. Not a good way to write the ultimate bad guy of the whole story. If Solas is the final boss of the main game, though, then DAI wouldn't even be listed in this battle of failures because that would have made it a masterpiece.

The only interesting part of DAI's whole story is Solas, the person who caused everything. But if he is truly an elven mage like we know at first, and not the person who made the entire Dragon Age lore happen as discovered in the Trespasser DLC, then DAI's story would have completely nothing worth mentioning.

Well, if you have to ask, Cullen's romance is also done well, but besides that, I seriously couldn't find a glorious part of the whole game. The Winter Palace is a waste of time, the Adamant Fortress is too short, and the fall of Haven is too expected which is an idea already used in different stories for countless times. Not to mention there's almost no side quests with significant stories.

You mentioned moral/ethical dilemma, but to be actual, such a thing only appeared in the Solas story (in his his motivation and intention, but not reflected in player decisions) and only a bit in Adamant and Winter Palace. You don't make hard choices in Haven, in Skyhold; even the seemingly important Templar/Mage choice posed nothing significant. DAI should be called DAS because everything interesting of the game is on this single character.

The last DLC alone has more story than the entirety of DAI main game.

The entire DAI is nothing more than a foreshadowing of DA4, and the entire DA2 is nothing more than a foreshadowing of DAI. This is the pattern.

Corypheus is simply a boring villain that is evil because he is evil, there is no reason to pity or agree with him. 

I actually liked him, he had a great intro too. The reason I liked him because I was always intrigued by the origins of the blight and the magisters that accidently created it. Now after a thousand years we face an actual magister from that time. He supposedly wen't to the heavens and found that they were already corrupted and empty when he got there (the exact opposite of what the chantry says) so I thought that was interesting. Now he decides to take the throne of the gods for himself since no one else seems to be occupying it anyway. (we later find out more through solas, but at the time it was a mystery). 

The only interesting part of DAI's whole story is Solas, the person who caused everything. But if he is truly an elven mage like we know at first, and not the person who made the entire Dragon Age lore happen as discovered in the Trespasser DLC, then DAI's story would have completely nothing worth mentioning.

I definitely agree that Solas has the most interesting part of the lore, but to say the rest of the story is not worth mentioning is something I strongly disagree with. But to each their own I suppose. 

The Winter Palace is a waste of time, the Adamant Fortress is too short, and the fall of Haven is too expected which is an idea already used in different stories for countless times.

The winter palace is the only mission I don't like, but that's more because of gameplay reasons rather than lore reasons. I actually like the story aspect of it. Adamant Fortress was long enough, it's a small fortress that's not build withstand capapults and the fade part was really interesting imo. Sure the Haven attack was expected but that's true for most plots these days. Almost every concievable plot has been done at least once before. It didn't ruin it for me. It was still a very cool part of the game and Corypheus intro was amazing. 

Corypheus' intention is only mentioned, but not explained and acted for a great deal to the players. It's like "the world is going to be destroyed" without the cause, course and conflicts in the story, but just telling the player something instead of proving and showing it.

Adamant Fortress is where the player fights the faction of DAO's protagonist. It is too simple and short for a tremendous event like that, as there's only fighting and no story or conversations in the first 70% of the quest. The Fade part is good, this I agree, but it's not quite unique and impressive.

Corypheus' intention is only mentioned, but not explained and acted for a great deal to the players. It's like "the world is going to be destroyed" without the cause, course and conflicts in the story, but just telling the player something instead of proving and showing it.

He tells you what his intentions are when you first meet him, Solas elaborates more on it later on. He discovered his gods do not exist, and therefore decides to enter the black city and become a god himself. You get more information on his motives later on in a side quest regarding Calpernia when you listen to his memory shards. As for actual tangible evidence, well I guess the giant hole in the sky will do lol. 

Adamant Fortress is where the player fights the faction of DAO's protagonist. It is too simple and short for a tremendous event like that, as there's only fighting and no story or conversations in the first 70% of the quest. The Fade part is good, this I agree, but it's not quite unique and impressive.

Throughout the franchise it has been mentioned many times that the Grey Warden order has been in decline, has been for centuries. They are not the military juggernaut they once were. Unlike the inquisition who, by that time, is a military giant with financial, political and military support of Thedas's largest nations. Also I doubt this was the whole grey warden army, as grey wardens are spread out all over thedas and the bulk of their forces is most likely at Weishaupt fortress. What we see at Adamant are probably only the Grey Wardens from Ferelden, Orlais and Navarra. Any other grey wardens are too far away to make it to Adamant in time and are probably outside the range of Corypheus's control. 

As for the story aspect of it you get that when you converse with the warden defector (either Stroud, Alistair or Loghain) and when you investigate the demon ritual with him in the Western Approach. There should have been more though I agree with that. 

For me it is

DA2 (I played through it like 4 - 6 Times. I personaly like the Story and the Gameplay)

WoD (WoW is my first RPG so it has to be in here And I defently like the Story and the way it is told)

Fallout 4 (I kinda like the Story it´s well writen I think but BAD Told)

DAI (I kinda like the Story too and it is  good told but somehow I personally do not like it as much as Fallout maybe cause of my expectations

Well, i liked the story of DAII, i mean that was something different. We dont see a boring story non epic story every time, and that was something big, shame that the game became action rpg though.

I mean best thing was that the world wasnt based around us, and that was best thing they could have done.[wasnt base i mean in terms of story]

I cant understand why you say DAII story is failure... Cmon its not a failure... Failure was nearly everything else about that game.

F4 story is just a ripoff of F3 story, but without choices.

DAI didint played. I just dont trust these companies anymore :<

Of the choices, I had to go with DA:I. I've played all but WoD, since I quit playing WoW mid-Cata. I didn't much care for any of the games, but at least DA:I has some flexibility to the choices of character we can make. DA2 I didn't like because it locks us into playing a female human who always looks the same. As for Failout 4, what story?

Archived