How to get a pet goat... the weird way...

bjornk

I have Hunterborn, a mod that allows you pick up animal carcasses and drop them from your inventory. So one day I picked up a goat carcass, probably killed by the dragon I fought... I thought "aww, poor thing!"... I then brought it home and stashed it into a barrel where I stash all the other animal carcasses... Then the next day I picked it up in order to skin it and so on... Dropped it from my inventory... To my surprise, she started walking around as if she owns the place! So this is how I got my pet goat... Now, I'm looking for a name for her (or him)... Any suggestions?

Here she is...

post-102569-0-91826100-1454815411_thumb.jpg

Hope she doesn't eat my plants...

Okay, I've named her "Lucky". Maybe I should have named her Lucky01, cause who knows, I might find another "dead" goat...

BTW, to be able to see the name I gave her, I had to enable "Allow PC Dialogue" flag in Goat race. Now it reads "Talk Lucky"... Maybe I can teach her to talk later, cause she keeps saying baaa and I'm beginning to regret having her in my house...

Whenever you add to your inventory an objectreference of a NPC, and you dorp it, then you get the NPC alive around you.

I don't call this a bug.

Try to find "Aduin" ID using the console, and the do in the console: player.additem <aduin id> 1

Then drop it: Alduin will be right near you and will try to kill you.

Sounds weird but I think this goat wasn't actually dead when I picked her up, cause right now she is "essential". I must have set goats as essential for some reason earlier in this play-through. No other animal carcass becomes alive when dropped.

Archived