[mod] [CK2] Dark World: Reborn - Updated 13APR2024

2 hours ago, Humlebien said:

So that Hunter event with the vampire. Been trying everything, but it procs more and faster than a lootbox ad from EA. Any way to slow it down so all my 2 year old heirs dont get insta wacked?

Great description. Right now, best thing would be to take a look at the dw_on_action.txt file (located in the common\on_actions folder), locate the line that says on_decade_pulse, and change where it says 100 = DWNight.4000 to something like 1 = DWNight.4000.

I've often wondered if it would be an issue, even though it shouldn't have a chance to fire more than once a decade, but I've never had it fire more than once or twice during a play session, so it seemed alright. Especially now since it's not as lethal as it was previously.

1 hour ago, dewguru said:

Great description. Right now, best thing would be to take a look at the dw_on_action.txt file (located in the common\on_actions folder), locate the line that says on_decade_pulse, and change where it says 100 = DWNight.4000 to something like 1 = DWNight.4000.

I've often wondered if it would be an issue, even though it shouldn't have a chance to fire more than once a decade, but I've never had it fire more than once or twice during a play session, so it seemed alright. Especially now since it's not as lethal as it was previously.

It might be because on_action files merge themselves together, just like scripted_triggers. You might not see a random event for an on_yearly_pulse for quite a while because it's competing with a metric fuckton of other vanilla on_yearly_pulse random events, but there's literally only four events in on_decade_pulse to compete with, not counting late life health complications events, forged bloodlines events, eldership succession, and horse prophecy.

Of course, it could be that he just got really unlucky and the game rolled the dice in favor of your event.

3 hours ago, dewguru said:

Thanks alot. Yeah, not going to lie, I did have one live for 26 years with nothing, but I got the luck of a Irish potatofarmer. So had 3 playthroughs, where it felt like I got no chance at all. Otherwise I love the mod(s). 11/10. Just more fun when you have an age appropriate ruler....... if ya know what I mean.

Here is a suggestion regarding Heroes and Villains. An option to make them immortal would be nice. Without respawn option they just die after a generation or two which makes the obsolete pretty quickly. With respawn the constant reintroduction gets pretty boring very quickly. If you play as an immortal ruler it would fit well too.

Does DW:R have random vampire attacks? I have both Luxuria F. and DWR installed right now and turned random vampire attacks off in the LF options (although I'm not sure what I expected since vampires are cut content there now) but, alas, I was attacked and murdered by a vampire.

Since I'm of the opinion that the random vampire attack event can "§%$&$" itself with a big, fat branch: If the event is from DWR, can you tell me how to turn it off or make it possible to turn off if it's not possible already, please?

On 11/20/2019 at 8:21 PM, dewguru said:

@MrAnonym Asked the same just a few post above yours :)

On 11/23/2019 at 3:03 PM, Hansony said:

Been trying to make a Futa character but it seems something isn't working right.

Is it intentional that you can't make your starting character Futa or is something messing up?

In the game rule, bonus start trait or something like that, allows you to start as either a Futa or a Trap via a decision to give yourself the trait. Should work fine as the last play test I did used it to create a Futa ruler.

15 hours ago, LokiFenrir1228 said:

I've been a part of the Children Of Lilith for two character lifespans but I haven't gotten the Lilith Dream event or any of the others I just keep repeating the one where I have to burn an enemy alive. Also do I have to do anything special to get the powers or does it just happen at random?

Check your decisions for the Blood Moon Ritual which you seem to have been avoiding for two lifespans. 

And the event to become a Demon also happens by decision which you should preferably choose by the start of the game. 

The society is not useful for much as is but I didn't like the changes DWF did to give the powers you gained from the BMR to the society which means that you are stuck in that society with no chance to choose one that is actually good like the fight clubs for pagans. 

33 minutes ago, Revolver "Revolver" Ocelot said:

The society is not useful for much as is but I didn't like the changes DWF did to give the powers you gained from the BMR to the society which means that you are stuck in that society with no chance to choose one that is actually good like the fight clubs for pagans. 

That's because once you were done with all the Rituals, you were absolutely done. The Ritual then becomes just a way to see pretty pictures. There was no real reason to keep doing them. It was as useless as a Merchant Republic with Enatic Clans doctrine.

The change from BMR powers to Society powers was because if you wanted to embrace your inner demon with all the neat powers, you would go for the Society. If you wanted to be a godlike duelist, you would go for the Warrior Lodge. You cant (and shouldn't) have both, for balance reasons, otherwise what's the point of picking anything other than Succubus/Incubus?

On 11/30/2019 at 4:32 PM, lockeslylcrit said:

That's because once you were done with all the Rituals, you were absolutely done. The Ritual then becomes just a way to see pretty pictures. There was no real reason to keep doing them. It was as useless as a Merchant Republic with Enatic Clans doctrine.

The change from BMR powers to Society powers was because if you wanted to embrace your inner demon with all the neat powers, you would go for the Society. If you wanted to be a godlike duelist, you would go for the Warrior Lodge. You cant (and shouldn't) have both, for balance reasons, otherwise what's the point of picking anything other than Succubus/Incubus?

I mean, as balanced as a creature that can give you leper, pneumonia or the black plague with easily obtained passive society currency can be. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Greetings.

I started playing this mod yesterday, and, despite some flaws, I really liked it.

My question is: I played both hero and villain. It looks like more NPCs (heroes) used to visit me when I was playing as a hero than when I was a villain. Is it always like that or it depends on some situations in-game that I don't know? I didn't play for a long time, but it appears there aren't tons of villains coming to my court. Why?

Bug report: The "change your portrait" decisions for supernatural creatures don't remove your old portrait, which means you accumulate tons of invisible portraits, of which only the last in index order is visible, and it becomes impossible to change your portrait after you click it enough times.

Edit: Also, you can "Decree a Prostitute" anyone, even your liege, his wife, and random unrelated children, which seems a bit silly.