[mod] [CK2] Dark World: Reborn - Updated 01MAY2024

1 hour ago, AlexWyrmin said:

Do I remember correctly that the Immortal trait shields you only from death by natural causes? I'm asking because Fenris is starting to spawn with a worrying regularity around Sigurd Ring's stomping grounds and I want to know if I can nip the problem in the bud, provided I manage to outscore him in personal combat.

You're correct. An Immortal can still die via assassination, duels, and perhaps a couple other things that don't immediately come to mind.

53 minutes ago, MrAnonym said:

Haven't played with the mod yet but I have questions: Since Luxuria Fantasia won't have Werewolves anymore, will they be in DWR? Vampires are supposedly cut, too. What about them? And are popcultural characters optional (decision toggle, module, game rule etc.)? 

They're in there, with game rule options for toggling them off.

14 hours ago, whyme943 said:

Hey, Dew. Is there supposed to be a way for non-succubi to gain access to special powers through the Chosen of Lilith? Right now advancing as a non-succubus doesn't seem to do anything but get the 'recruit' and 'invite' actions, and the base stat increases.

I'll be honest with you - it's been so long since I looked at that part of the code, that I've no idea. I know that both the societies were lacking overall, and I've made a note to revisit them in the future, where I'll either cull them or make them more respectable in their functionality.

7 hours ago, lockeslylcrit said:

Idea:

Brothels generate 2-3 dynasty = none, cannot_marry = yes, cannot_inherit = yes, fertility = 0 courtiers every five years if the liege is a player. These courtiers will automatically be assigned the whore traits. At the end of those five years, they are silently killed off using death = { death_reason = death_missing } and replaced with another 2-3 whores. The player can, of course, choose to be a whore if they want.

This fixes the problems of nobility being granted the whore trait (unless, by some combination of traits, they can- for kink/RP purposes) and the problem of having too many courtiers being generated. Recycling them every five years gives a good amount of variety, and a decision can be written if you want to keep them around and add in fertility if they are a favorite of yours.

An interesting idea.

I'm not certain I like the idea of random folks entering my court, but at the same time, what you've described brings to mind another approach. Sort of like the take a tumble with a chambermaid event that CK2 has. Where you're basically sleeping with a non-existent character, and you can then either keep it that way, or you can opt to elevate their status a degree and have them join you in court. I think a female ruler has a similar event where they can sleep with a guard or something like that and opt to make them an actual character in court afterwards.

Could even RP it some by the ruler taking a negative opinion modifier for a period after they choose to invite a prostitute into their court.

10 minutes ago, dewguru said:

You're correct. An Immortal can still die via assassination, duels, and perhaps a couple other things that don't immediately come to mind.

Good thing I upgraded Sigurd's trait roster via character history editing then. It was done to soup up Ragnar by osmosis, but it's going to come in handy against the Big Bad Wolf.

A general question:  With the release of CK3, will CK2 finally stop getting DLC letting us have some peace wrt updates breaking mods?  What is your (dewguru and lockeslylcrit) thinking on modding CK3?   If I had the power (I don't), I would want the modding community to ignore CK3 and perfect CK2 mods now that you would have a stable platform to design off of.

Mods (here and on the other popular place) are the reasons why I keep going back to CK2, Skyrim and FO4.  Games that are not graphic intensive or first person shooter like do not benefit from using the latest engine (those that are dedicated to the manipulation of sprites and god rays and what not), and still rely on programming style and coding straight from the 90s.   I was surprised at how quickly I picked up C# and how critical it is in most games.......it is a much friendlier version of C that I took in college.

24 minutes ago, steelpanther24 said:

A general question:  With the release of CK3, will CK2 finally stop getting DLC letting us have some peace wrt updates breaking mods?  What is your (dewguru and lockeslylcrit) thinking on modding CK3?   If I had the power (I don't), I would want the modding community to ignore CK3 and perfect CK2 mods now that you would have a stable platform to design off of.

Mods (here and on the other popular place) are the reasons why I keep going back to CK2, Skyrim and FO4.  Games that are not graphic intensive or first person shooter like do not benefit from using the latest engine (those that are dedicated to the manipulation of sprites and god rays and what not), and still rely on programming style and coding straight from the 90s.   I was surprised at how quickly I picked up C# and how critical it is in most games.......it is a much friendlier version of C that I took in college.

CK3 isn't going to be released until an unknown time in 2020. Since they don't even have a date associated with it yet, I'd guess it'll be no sooner than the Summer, with Fall being more likely.

They appear to be done releasing DLC, however we may get patches between now and CK3 as they're tying content like the challenges where you can unlock character hair styles for CK3 by playing certain challenges in CK2. I'd guess that means none of the patches should require alterations of any mods, so I'm assuming that things will be stable in that regards.

My present plans are to continue to add content to this mod until CyberPunk 2077 gets released. Then I'll take a break from modding to sink a lot of time into playing that game. So I should be adding content to DWR until at least until April 2020, maybe further if the release date gets bumped back.

When CK3 is released, I'll buy it and lift the hood to see what kind of mod options I'd have before me. What I find will depend on if I mod CK3 or not. But that's a decision that's months in the future, so I'd not sweat it now.

9 minutes ago, santardo said:

this might sound stupid but is DWR compatible with LF? because if i remember correctly it wasn't with DWF

Not a stupid question. I can't say it is for certain. I can say that the present LF should be more compatible than the last version (which was DWF).

I'm going to download LF and run both it and DWR next week to see if I notice any issues that I need to tweak.

New version of DWR should be going up soon.

Here is the change log for what will be posted.

v1.71 (Dark World Reborn)
    - NOTE: This update is NOT compatible with prior saved game
    - NOTE: Please delete the old Dark World Reborn mod folder and reinstall DWR as there have been a couple instances of existing files renamed or deleted.
    - Heroes and Villains Integrated within DWR.
    - Game rule added to enable or disable the Heroes and Villains content
    - More behind the scenes code organization
    - Virgin trait is only active if you're using the Body Trait content for DWR (Dick, Tits, Virgin traits) - set in the Game Rule section
    - Streamlined how the Virgin trait is handled, to reduce potential processing overhead that some folks reported caused lag
    - Brothel streamlined from multiple traits to a single one.
    - Fixed: Held Mana Potions were missing the decision to use them...fem

3 hours ago, dewguru said:

Not a stupid question. I can't say it is for certain. I can say that the present LF should be more compatible than the last version (which was DWF).

I'm going to download LF and run both it and DWR next week to see if I notice any issues that I need to tweak.

thank you for the response

i will download and test it, on another note do you plan to add body traits like the ones from ABM (pussy, anus, body type)and maybe even showing the degradation of them with "improved" icons ?

3 hours ago, dewguru said:

I can already tell you one thing: LF's version of the Lilith society is set up in a completely different way. It's not really a compatibility issue, but put LF and DWR together and the roster of societies you can join ends up looking almost like it did with the old Toska mod installed: there are two Chosen of Lilith tabs, even if one is under a different name, on it.

P.S. Also, the fantasy racial traits are given to the player character through different events, and LF's version has no ad hoc game rule for it so at the moment you could probably make a hybrid, and have different tags, so it's likely possible to have DWR vampires and werevolves not hate the LF's versions of their opposites on sight.

20 minutes ago, WarLordXII said:

Hey is this mod compatible with the Polyamory mod by Buzhidio?

Absolutely yes. Try it with an incubus character married to a woman, who is also your lover, either homosexual, lustful or hedonist and you'll RNG threesomes out the Blood Moon Ritual without even having to start affairs.

2 hours ago, AlexWyrmin said:

I can already tell you one thing: LF's version of the Lilith society is set up in a completely different way. It's not really a compatibility issue, but put LF and DWR together and the roster of societies you can join ends up looking almost like it did with the old Toska mod installed: there are two Chosen of Lilith tabs, even if one is under a different name, on it.

P.S. Also, the fantasy racial traits are given to the player character through different events, and LF's version has no ad hoc game rule for it so at the moment you could probably make a hybrid, and have different tags, so it's likely possible to have DWR vampires and werevolves not hate the LF's versions of their opposites on sight.

I mentioned this before, but I do see the DWR societies as lacking, as I pretty much just made copies of the Devil and Hermetic societies and then redid the intro and handful of other things. The end result, is DWR's societies are lacking.

I'm going to take a look at them and decide if I want to invest the time to flesh them out or not. Right now, especially since there are mods with other options, I may just strip them out. That would allow me to focus time on other areas, rather than trying to build up something that others already have.

4 minutes ago, dewguru said:

I mentioned this before, but I do see the DWR societies as lacking, as I pretty much just made copies of the Devil and Hermetic societies and then redid the intro and handful of other things. The end result, is DWR's societies are lacking.

I'm going to take a look at them and decide if I want to invest the time to flesh them out or not. Right now, especially since there are mods with other options, I may just strip them out. That would allow me to focus time on other areas, rather than trying to build up something that others already have.

No problem, just sharing what I noticed.

50 minutes ago, AlexWyrmin said:

No problem, just sharing what I noticed.

Ah, if I made it sound like I had a problem, I didn't have one.

More about reaffirming a prior statement that was made before the last update. I just wanted to be clear that my stance hasn't changed, as sometimes it can be confusing if it's still in there when an update comes out.

8 minutes ago, dewguru said:

Ah, if I made it sound like I had a problem, I didn't have one.

More about reaffirming a prior statement that was made before the last update. I just wanted to be clear that my stance hasn't changed, as sometimes it can be confusing if it's still in there when an update comes out.

To be honest, your previous reply was the first time I heard about it. What I meant by telling you of my findings was simply that DWR and LF are compatible with each other in the sense there seem to be no accidental conflicts, but having both active at the same time is like playing two characters sharing the same body. And your mod feels the best choice for playing a pagan incubus/succubus, since you can still get your immortality without having to leave the warrior lodge.

3 hours ago, AlexWyrmin said:

Absolutely yes. Try it with an incubus character married to a woman, who is also your lover, either homosexual, lustful or hedonist and you'll RNG threesomes out the Blood Moon Ritual without even having to start affairs.

You sure? Ever since I started trying to use it none of the DWR decisions or events have fired for me. Not even the "Spend Time with" decision.

I've disabled other mods I used or experimented with (VIET and Christian Immersion), but the problem persists. Polyamory is currently the greater suspect. The only other mods I use are cultural bonuses, ruler designer unlocked and a sensible new family...but I doubt those are the problems.

6 minutes ago, WarLordXII said:

You sure? Ever since I started trying to use it none of the DWR decisions or events have fired for me. Not even the "Spend Time with" decision.

I've disabled other mods I used or experimented with (VIET and Christian Immersion), but the problem persists. Polyamory is currently the greater suspect. The only other mods I use are cultural bonuses, ruler designer unlocked and a sensible new family...but I doubt those are the problems.

Not sure what your specific problem is, but I have a plethora of other mods active in the load order along with the two we're talking about and the only thing that did give me trouble was the fact I didn't initially get that all the characters had to be in each other's "lovers" slot to engage in group sex.

5 hours ago, AlexWyrmin said:

Not sure what your specific problem is, but I have a plethora of other mods active in the load order along with the two we're talking about and the only thing that did give me trouble was the fact I didn't initially get that all the characters had to be in each other's "lovers" slot to engage in group sex.

Not sure what I did, but the DWR stuff works. Now just need to trigger the Polyamory events and enjoy.