[mod] [CK2] Dark World: Reborn - Updated 01MAY2024

In the Power Girl orgy event, the final sentence of the 5th paragraph refers to the third man twice. It says, "The third man begins erupting before the third man is done with his pulsing streams." I believe that you meant it to be, ""The third man begins erupting before the second man is done with his pulsing streams."

3 hours ago, SamIAmHam said:

In the Power Girl orgy event, the final sentence of the 5th paragraph refers to the third man twice. It says, "The third man begins erupting before the third man is done with his pulsing streams." I believe that you meant it to be, ""The third man begins erupting before the second man is done with his pulsing streams."

Thanks, I'll take a look at it.

Not sure what exactly is causing the problem but with Luxuria Fantasy any Futa traits disappear after 1-2 days of appearing on a character. Either at the start of the game selecting it or on random characters in the world/event characters that pop up with the trait.

57 minutes ago, Fored said:

Not sure what exactly is causing the problem but with Luxuria Fantasy any Futa traits disappear after 1-2 days of appearing on a character. Either at the start of the game selecting it or on random characters in the world/event characters that pop up with the trait.

I've not done a compatibility play session yet, but with a quick look in parts of LF, I'm not seeing anything that seems like it'd cause the issue off hand.

You didn't by chance upgrade one of the mods and then attempt to resume a saved session?

17 minutes ago, dewguru said:

I've not done a compatibility play session yet, but with a quick look in parts of LF, I'm not seeing anything that seems like it'd cause the issue off hand.

You didn't by chance upgrade one of the mods and then attempt to resume a saved session?

I can confirm that it's not LF. I started a new game using only LF, chose human, chose futa, waited a few months, and still kept the futa trait. Same thing with spawning special NPCs.

I haven't taken a look at compatibility with DWR yet, but that's on my to-do list after I update House Irae

4 hours ago, Fored said:

I did not upgrade any of the mods, did a clean install last night and had the issue. Haven't done any testing beyond turning it off and the trait is working now.

I've just finished a 5 year test with a ruler, had a kid and sired one as a futa and the trait never disappeared for me.

I did discover an unrelated issue that I need to fix though because of it. So while I've nothing to help your situation, there will be a correction for a missing game rule and flag in the next update.

2 hours ago, joebno said:

i have no idea how to install mods for this game

I can tell you how to do it for Windows, but not Mac. In My Documents you will see a folder named Paradox Interactive then one for Crusader Kings II. Go into the CK2 folder. You should see a folder named mod. That is where you install all mods. If there isn't a folder there just create a folder and name it mod. All lower case.

To install mods just enter your mod folder and right click on the zip file with the mod. Select Extract Here and it will extract the folder and .mod file correctly. Note that this may only work for LL mods as some mods do not use the correct directory structure.

On 11/5/2019 at 1:31 PM, SamIAmHam said:

I can tell you how to do it for Windows, but not Mac. In My Documents you will see a folder named Paradox Interactive then one for Crusader Kings II. Go into the CK2 folder. You should see a folder named mod. That is where you install all mods. If there isn't a folder there just create a folder and name it mod. All lower case.

To install mods just enter your mod folder and right click on the zip file with the mod. Select Extract Here and it will extract the folder and .mod file correctly. Note that this may only work for LL mods as some mods do not use the correct directory structure.

For Macs, it's almost identical.  The only difference is that the Paradox Interactive folder is in a folder called Documents which is in the base folder for your user name.  If you can't find it, use the 'Go' menu in the Finder and select the 'Documents' menu entry.  Everything past that is the same.

Also, remember that after you unzip the mod, there will often be an enclosing folder that holds both the .mod file and the folder with all the game files in it.  You want both of those to go directly into your 'mod' folder.  If you put the enclosing folder into the 'mod' folder, it won't work.

10 minutes ago, dewguru said:

Next update isn't likely to hit until the later part of next week. Somewhere between the 13th and 17th is my best guess at this point.

Hope you don't remove the court jester decision for real. Seeing it appear in the intrigue menu feels as much an ego stroke as a coronation ceremony, at least to me.

3 hours ago, AlexWyrmin said:

Hope you don't remove the court jester decision for real. Seeing it appear in the intrigue menu feels as much an ego stroke as a coronation ceremony, at least to me.

Alas, I was never happy with where I left the Recruit a Court Jester decision, and since there is now an alternate method of obtaining Harley and/or Joker, I've decided to focus on that aspect instead.

I'm certain a few folks won't be fans of some adjustments I'm making/have made, but in order for me to push forward, I need to get things structured better for my present mind set. So much of DWR behind the scenes was still chunks of my original Dark World structure, and then there is so many things that I started, but never finished. Part of this house cleaning will allow me to progress on other aspects. Hopefully the end result will introduce something new that helps fill the void of the removed decision.

22 minutes ago, wzfcns said:

I remember there are some  harley‘s lewd event in the past.I’m not sure when they disappeared.Will they return in future?

Yes, and there is already new Harley content in the game beyond what there was in the past version of DWR. I will be expanding on it further, as there isn't as much 'lewd Harley' content as there was previously.

It's handled a bit differently now, as feedback said it was way too frequent back in Dark World, which is why I removed it, with the intention of someday adding it back in Dark World Reborn. The method I use now should make it less spammy, although if you've a bunch of heroes or heroines that you recruit, it will definitely spread out the Harley content, as they're all weighted against each other in order to keep you from being flooded with constant hero/villain related events, you instead should get about one a year.

On 11/6/2019 at 8:05 PM, Fored said:

None other when I was just testing things, Just LF and DWR.

The only way for a trait to disappear is through the "remove_trait" script command. So in this case remove_trait = futa or whatever the game ID for futa is. Knowing this, you should be able to look into the different files to see if there is something that removes the futa trait.

Question - for those who play at all as a werewolf - do you view the Beast Within mechanic to be a pain in the ass?

If it is, I'll instead look to tear it apart as it stands and set-up the events related to it, as random type events. Making the concept more a regular struggle that is assumed you regularly control, rather than something you actively have to take time out to hunt for.

Being lost to the beast would still be possible, but only for those werewolves that are content or slothful, as they're the ones who'd be likely to let their guard down too long.

32 minutes ago, AlexWyrmin said:

Just curious, if you don't choose between hero and villain, does your character end up meeting NPCs from both sides?

There is the potential for it, yes, although those opportunities are much rarer, and some will not make an appearance at all.

4 minutes ago, The Bean said:

I need help, i have installed the mod, unpacked it in /paradox/crusaderkings/mods, Pulled the mod file out form Dark_world reborn, and into the Mod folder and it still dosent work, heres a picture

3333.PNG

That looks wrong. If you look inside the DarkWorldReborn_171 folder, do you just see another folder that says Dark World Reborn, and maybe a Dark World Reborn.mod file? If so, you probably just need to drag those contents out of the _171 folder.

8 minutes ago, dewguru said:

That looks wrong. If you look inside the DarkWorldReborn_171 folder, do you just see another folder that says Dark World Reborn, and maybe a Dark World Reborn.mod file? If so, you probably just need to drag those contents out of the _171 folder.

So it have to look like this? Also there was a Dark world reborn.mod file, that is the one under localisation

Or do you mean something else?

image.png.8d08366d557dc681b9400b8a51adacfe.png